Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
dman12
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:03 am

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby dman12 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:44 pm

Lol. Outside of what I've already stated...can't really give a more definitive answer. But I can say that this person is reputable.

Intranetusa
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 7:29 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby Intranetusa » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:58 pm

dman12 wrote:Lol. Outside of what I've already stated...can't really give a more definitive answer. But I can say that this person is reputable.


So you have "inside sources"? :D

ama004
Posts: 142
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:24 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby ama004 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:00 am

Let this be the week of the waitlisted applicant. :twisted:

TurtleLaw03
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:01 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby TurtleLaw03 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:22 pm

Hello all. I'm a little new to forum posting so forgive me if I am redundant. Does anyone have any inside info on how waitlisted applicants are selected? E.g. do they start with the highest LSAT/GPA and just go down the list? Looks like 162 is the magic number for acceptance according to Law School Numbers.

Also, does anyone have the slightest inkling of how many spots are available?

HellOnHeels
Posts: 548
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:19 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby HellOnHeels » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:06 am

TurtleLaw03 wrote:Hello all. I'm a little new to forum posting so forgive me if I am redundant. Does anyone have any inside info on how waitlisted applicants are selected? E.g. do they start with the highest LSAT/GPA and just go down the list? Looks like 162 is the magic number for acceptance according to Law School Numbers.

Also, does anyone have the slightest inkling of how many spots are available?

I am not on the waitlist, but there are several people here who are. I will try to answer your questions, and they can correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't think there is any certain criteria for getting off the waitlist. There was the idea floated that the 162's accepted off the waitlist on LSN was the school trying to maintain their LSAT median. The number of people on the waitlist is unknown. Other than those listed on LSN, there hasn't really been a lot of movement. I think those here on the waitlist were told there might be some movement by the end of May, but it is now into June.

Good luck!

User avatar
lawyer211
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 10:44 am

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby lawyer211 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:34 am

I am a part-time waitlister at the moment, and I agree with stephinmd. They told us that there's no such ranking system or way in which they select waitlisted applicants off their list. They just told us that our applications would be re-evaluated at the end of April. I have no idea how many spots are available at this point, but I am hoping there are many.. :?

My impatience is growing however..

dman12
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:03 am

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby dman12 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:33 pm

lawyer211 wrote: They just told us that our applications would be re-evaluated at the end of April. I have no idea how many spots are available at this point, but I am hoping there are many.. :?

My impatience is growing however..

+1

pret
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:07 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby pret » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:19 am

ama004 wrote:Let this be the week of the waitlisted applicant. :twisted:

Or not :(

User avatar
lawyer211
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 10:44 am

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby lawyer211 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:22 am

LET US IN MARYLAND!!!!

ama004
Posts: 142
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:24 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby ama004 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:39 am

So who on the waitlist has given up? I don't think I've reached that point yet... :roll:

TurtleLaw03
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:01 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby TurtleLaw03 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:54 am

ama004 wrote:So who on the waitlist has given up? I don't think I've reached that point yet... :roll:

Still haven't given up hope yet...

dman12
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:03 am

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby dman12 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:38 pm

i guess we shouldn't really give up hope until the end of June, as I understand that is when they solidify their class.

any takers on calling admission to see what the status is?

User avatar
lawyer211
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 10:44 am

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby lawyer211 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:05 am

question to any admitted students- my app status has been "decision made" since April 10ish, when I got the email saying I was waitlisted. I dont know when this happened or if it has been there all along and I didn't notice, but I now have the box where they ask for seat deposits etc... did this happen before you were accepted or was this seat deposit thing there the whole time? UGH, I don't remember and anything would b helpful. thx

Maybe I'm just wishfully thinking...??? :?

ama004
Posts: 142
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:24 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby ama004 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:25 am

lawyer211 wrote:question to any admitted students- my app status has been "decision made" since April 10ish, when I got the email saying I was waitlisted. I dont know when this happened or if it has been there all along and I didn't notice, but I now have the box where they ask for seat deposits etc... did this happen before you were accepted or was this seat deposit thing there the whole time? UGH, I don't remember and anything would b helpful. thx

Maybe I'm just wishfully thinking...??? :?


Unfortunately, I think it's wishful thinking. I was waitlisted and my application status page showed the seat deposit box. However, the amount was zero and I'm not sure if it showed anything different for admitted students. Does yours list the amount as zero?

User avatar
lawyer211
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 10:44 am

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby lawyer211 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:13 am

I knew I was going crazy from all this waiting. Starting to imagine things and seat deposits that aren't even there SMH. Yes all I have are zeroes in the seat deposit box other than my application fee. =(

*goes in room and cries*

TurtleLaw03
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:01 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby TurtleLaw03 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:18 pm

lawyer211 wrote:I knew I was going crazy from all this waiting. Starting to imagine things and seat deposits that aren't even there SMH. Yes all I have are zeroes in the seat deposit box other than my application fee. =(

*goes in room and cries*

Yea, I also remember seeing zeros in the seat deposit field after being waitlisted, and somewhere in the deep recesses of my mind, I remember them being there even before the decision was made. I remember thinking that maybe I was admitted and that the zeros were some sort of secret message from the adcomm (yes, I too am that crazy), but then I got the e-mail saying I was waitlisted. *Tear*

jmtyner11
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:59 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby jmtyner11 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:12 pm

Spoke with an admissions counselor today and she told me no activity had been made with the wait-list yet, but there should be soon. Got off Baltimore's wait-list today but still trying for UMD.

ama004
Posts: 142
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:24 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby ama004 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:52 am

jmtyner11 wrote:Spoke with an admissions counselor today and she told me no activity had been made with the wait-list yet, but there should be soon. Got off Baltimore's wait-list today but still trying for UMD.


I hope you're right...they keep saying soon. How soon!??! It's already mid June and we've barely seen any movement. At this point I'm basically forgetting about the possibility of getting in.

dman12
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:03 am

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby dman12 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:50 am

On LSN yesterday I saw the person who had the leadership scholarship at UMD decide to attend elsewhere. So let's not give up hope guys. Moves are still being made.

Also for those admitted later in the game when was your seat deposit due? I know about the general May 28th one. But some ppl may have had more time to submit theirs.
Last edited by dman12 on Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
h2oplyer7
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:28 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby h2oplyer7 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:25 pm

I am still not decided on umd. Just saying :) I'm going to make final decision by the endof this month.

pret
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:07 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby pret » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:50 pm

I'm just going to assume I won't make it in and will start making alternate plans just in case. I wonder why they haven't started with the waitlist. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that they don't have a preferred waitlist for the first time in a long time.

User avatar
Bgard008
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:07 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby Bgard008 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:08 am

All hope is not lost TLSers. It seems to me that the waitlist is small this year, hence there is only one. So I choose to look at that as a positive thing. We can be accepted as late at the first week of classes. So with that in mind it is still "early". I've met two students/alumni who were in the same boat as all of us, and they were accepted after day one of classes. Not an ideal situation, but I'll take it. :)

Hope that call does come sooner than later though. *fingers crossed*

Intranetusa
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 7:29 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby Intranetusa » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:04 pm

Bgard008 wrote:All hope is not lost TLSers. It seems to me that the waitlist is small this year, hence there is only one. So I choose to look at that as a positive thing. We can be accepted as late at the first week of classes. So with that in mind it is still "early". I've met two students/alumni who were in the same boat as all of us, and they were accepted after day one of classes. Not an ideal situation, but I'll take it. :)
Hope that call does come sooner than later though. *fingers crossed*


How does that even work? How do you even get financial aid from the school or pay tuition if you get accepted AFTER classes start?

Intranetusa
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 7:29 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby Intranetusa » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:25 pm

jmtyner11 wrote:I spoke with an admissions counselor last week. They are going to be at conferences or something I believe this week, so they are going to be in and out of the office. She said that they are going to begin reviewing applications within the next three weeks.
Hopefully we will hear about admittance soon. I'd love to stay in Baltimore.


It has come and almost passed...

User avatar
Bgard008
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:07 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby Bgard008 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:54 am

Intranetusa wrote:
Bgard008 wrote:All hope is not lost TLSers. It seems to me that the waitlist is small this year, hence there is only one. So I choose to look at that as a positive thing. We can be accepted as late at the first week of classes. So with that in mind it is still "early". I've met two students/alumni who were in the same boat as all of us, and they were accepted after day one of classes. Not an ideal situation, but I'll take it. :)
Hope that call does come sooner than later though. *fingers crossed*


How does that even work? How do you even get financial aid from the school or pay tuition if you get accepted AFTER classes start?


I am not 100% positive about this, maybe someone else can comment on their experience. I believe you would only receive your GradPlus LOANS and any scholarships/grants the school has left... :?: (Thinking positively) WHEN that happens I will grind out a bunch of outside grant and scholarship applications, hopefully all the decent ones will still be available.

Hope that helps. Good luck.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christinabruin, christinaxcarrie, cyclawps, JoshLyman13, Keilz, metaxerox88, nightie, pandaaa, sovogue, uhwrestler, wajdicm and 32 guests