Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
ach24
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:24 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby ach24 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:54 pm

.
Last edited by ach24 on Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

lothsome
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:15 am

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby lothsome » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:51 pm

Got my admit 11/28. LSAT well over 170, GPA also solid. Seems like high LSAT is hearing back first?

User avatar
fltanglab
Posts: 555
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:44 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby fltanglab » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:52 pm

lothsome wrote:Got my admit 11/28. LSAT well over 170, GPA also solid. Seems like high LSAT is hearing back first?


Did you get money?

Leighmak
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:04 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby Leighmak » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:56 pm

.
Last edited by Leighmak on Wed May 16, 2012 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
SarahT
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:41 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby SarahT » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:44 pm

Received my acceptance today. No scholarship info.

167/3.5 URM

PersuasiveCharm
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:41 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby PersuasiveCharm » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:46 pm

Anybody else just have a date change to today's date and still in review? =/

User avatar
fltanglab
Posts: 555
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:44 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby fltanglab » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:47 pm

Oh, forgot to post here. I got my letter and it was an acceptance. Yay!

User avatar
lrslayer
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:38 am

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby lrslayer » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:33 pm

fltanglab wrote:Oh, forgot to post here. I got my letter and it was an acceptance. Yay!

congrats!!!

User avatar
fltanglab
Posts: 555
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:44 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby fltanglab » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:44 pm

lrslayer wrote:
fltanglab wrote:Oh, forgot to post here. I got my letter and it was an acceptance. Yay!

congrats!!!


Thanks!! :)

JK910
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:32 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby JK910 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:33 am

fltanglab wrote:Oh, forgot to post here. I got my letter and it was an acceptance. Yay!


My status is Decision Made 11/28 but I haven't been home in a few days to check my mail. Hopefully good news awaits me in my mailbox tomorrow.

Edit: Accepted.

User avatar
lrslayer
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:38 am

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby lrslayer » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:17 am

got letter today. admitted. 11/28

User avatar
fltanglab
Posts: 555
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:44 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby fltanglab » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:38 pm

Yay congratulations guys! :)

JK910
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:32 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby JK910 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:24 pm

Any current students lurking on here that have any experience obtaining residency after 1L? I read the information on the website and it seems do-able but certainly not easy.

z0rk
Posts: 328
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:11 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby z0rk » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:20 pm

PersuasiveCharm wrote:Anybody else just have a date change to today's date and still in review? =/


I am right there with you. I'm a Maryland resident, and very eager to get into UMD. Terrific school.

User avatar
hadisious
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:05 am

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby hadisious » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:41 am

Congrats to those who were accepted!

When do you all go complete? I've been in review for about a week now and i'm curious about the timeline.

User avatar
fltanglab
Posts: 555
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:44 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby fltanglab » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:54 am

hadisious wrote:Congrats to those who were accepted!

When do you all go complete? I've been in review for about a week now and i'm curious about the timeline.


10/19, under review 10/27 I think? It's in the thread a little while back.

ds52075
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:33 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby ds52075 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:57 am

Acceptance letter in mail Saturday. Went complete 11/2. Status changed to decision made on 12/6 but didn't say what the decision was, had to wait for the letter. 3.15/164

User avatar
ach24
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:24 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby ach24 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:47 am

.
Last edited by ach24 on Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

ama004
Posts: 142
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:24 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby ama004 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:15 pm

Is anyone applying to the part-time program?

dolfan0516
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:26 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby dolfan0516 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:43 pm

Anyone have their scholarship interview yet? Have mine over webcam next wednesday

JK910
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:32 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby JK910 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:21 pm

dolfan0516 wrote:Anyone have their scholarship interview yet? Have mine over webcam next wednesday


I haven't even heard anything about scholarship stuff from Maryland. Disappointing.

z0rk
Posts: 328
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:11 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby z0rk » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:26 pm

ama004 wrote:Is anyone applying to the part-time program?


I've already submitted my app, and I applied to part-time program.

dolfan0516
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:26 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby dolfan0516 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:01 pm

JK910 wrote:
dolfan0516 wrote:Anyone have their scholarship interview yet? Have mine over webcam next wednesday


I haven't even heard anything about scholarship stuff from Maryland. Disappointing.


Got accepted 11/28, received an email 12/5 titled "Invitation to Interview for Maryland Carey Law 2012 Leadership Scholars Scholarship Program"

They had dates available this upcoming week and again in January. Maybe you'll hear back before the January dates

ama004
Posts: 142
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:24 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby ama004 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:02 pm

z0rk wrote:
ama004 wrote:Is anyone applying to the part-time program?


I've already submitted my app, and I applied to part-time program.


Good luck! I will be applying part-time--waiting on Dec LSAT score and working on my personal statement. Do you mind sharing your stats?

z0rk
Posts: 328
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:11 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby z0rk » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:14 pm

ama004 wrote:
z0rk wrote:
ama004 wrote:Is anyone applying to the part-time program?


I've already submitted my app, and I applied to part-time program.


Good luck! I will be applying part-time--waiting on Dec LSAT score and working on my personal statement. Do you mind sharing your stats?


My numbers aren't entirely strong, but I have softs specific to UMD that I believe are helpful.

157/3.5 - LSP puts me at 50%.

Year long internship with MD Congressman, and LOR from colleague and night professor at UMD law. I work for a local mid size firm that heavily recruits out of UMD.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Zoe107 and 7 guests