Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
MTBike

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby MTBike » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:37 pm

genius5432 wrote:There's always the rather likely possibility that this is not a "round" of anything but the group of decisions include acceptances, waitlists, and denials, especially since it's so late in the cycle and all the obvious acceptances and denials have been given out.

True... But Maryland has operated like this in the past (waves of same decision), so we'll see.

Mandi

Postby Mandi » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:38 pm

tooswolle wrote:I think it's a wave of acceptances since I got my decision rendered as well but only wa under review for 2 weeks.

What were your numbers??? I am just trying to see if you were in line with all of the others that went decision made on 3/5. It was a round of people that really could go either way. Didn't know if your numbers were strong or on the lower side like some of us others.

Mandi

Postby Mandi » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:39 pm

Ok I am going to leave work and run home to check my mailbox. I only live about 5 miles from work so I will just run home to see if it is there yet. I live in MD so it should be here by today or tomorrow at the latest.

From what other MD people have said they received it next day. Will keep everyone posted.

tooswolle

Postby tooswolle » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:50 pm

Mandi wrote:
tooswolle wrote:I think it's a wave of acceptances since I got my decision rendered as well but only wa under review for 2 weeks.

What were your numbers??? I am just trying to see if you were in line with all of the others that went decision made on 3/5. It was a round of people that really could go either way. Didn't know if your numbers were strong or on the lower side like some of us others.

I'm a urm I won't place my numbers accurately. but around 3.3 , 158 ...

Mandi

Postby Mandi » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:11 pm

I just ran home and got my mail.....nothing!!! I guess it will be here tomorrow. The woman at MD's admission office told me they were mailed out 3/6 so I was really expecting it to be there today since I only live about 40 miles from the school.

Let's hope for good news tomorrow!

Julijk

Postby Julijk » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:17 pm

I am super nervous! I just found this site...I am waiting for my reply this week too!!! Good luck to all!!!

Mandi

Postby Mandi » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:31 pm

Numbers for anyone who was decision made on 3/5-3/6??? I am hoping really hard for an acceptance but I am on the fence about what they have come up with. It would make me feel better if some of the people who had a decision made on 3/5-3/6 had really good numbers.

genius5432

Postby genius5432 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:15 pm

Mandi wrote:Numbers for anyone who was decision made on 3/5-3/6??? I am hoping really hard for an acceptance but I am on the fence about what they have come up with. It would make me feel better if some of the people who had a decision made on 3/5-3/6 had really good numbers.

My status changed to decision made, as I have already indicated, and I got a 141 on my highest LSAT and 2.125 GPA over my four years at Southwest Texas Remedial Junior College. Also, I am sending this email from prison as I am currently serving a 90-day term for larceny. But I think it's good news for me. You, on the other hand, probably got rejected.

Mandi

Postby Mandi » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:18 pm

genius5432 wrote:
Mandi wrote:Numbers for anyone who was decision made on 3/5-3/6??? I am hoping really hard for an acceptance but I am on the fence about what they have come up with. It would make me feel better if some of the people who had a decision made on 3/5-3/6 had really good numbers.

My status changed to decision made, as I have already indicated, and I got a 141 on my highest LSAT and 2.125 GPA over my four years at Southwest Texas Remedial Junior College. Also, I am sending this email from prison as I am currently serving a 90-day term for larceny. But I think it's good news for me. You, on the other hand, probably got rejected.

You are so kind....if you want to be mean to people about their posts then why don't you just stay off the board??? Seriously, noone wants to hear you make smart comments about everything they write. It really is childish!

MTBike

Postby MTBike » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:19 pm

genius5432 wrote:

--ImageRemoved--

h2oplyer7

Postby h2oplyer7 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:26 pm

HAHAHAHAHA! Thanks, that was "genius!" Honestly, Mandi, I don't see how anyone this late of date is going to have really good numbers. They would have already been accepted. Just relax and go with it. Everything will be fine. Personally, I am very much looking forward to finishing in the top 75% of my Ave Maria Law Class. It is the only school that has accepted me so far. ;)

genius5432

Postby genius5432 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:29 pm

Mandi wrote:
genius5432 wrote:

You are so kind....if you want to be mean to people about their posts then why don't you just stay off the board??? Seriously, noone wants to hear you make smart comments about everything they write. It really is childish!

You need to chill the hell out. I find your neurotic obsession with posting on this board every four minutes mildly amusing yet slightly pitiful. If you feel entitled to posting on this public forum multiple times asking everyone for information that they have potentially already posted or is currently listed in their profile or telling us about your 5-mile mid-day trips to your mailbox, then I have just as much right to post my stories as well. Although, admittedly, this interaction with you will certainly make question Maryland's judgment if we both suffer the same fate.

tooswolle

Postby tooswolle » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:36 pm

I took offense to that statement but in the end two weeks in review and a decision bodes well for me and if you've been waiting for a while probably not. Best of luck mandi and take some charm school while your at it.

TIKITEMBO

Postby TIKITEMBO » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:09 pm

If you feel entitled to posting on this public forum multiple times asking everyone for information that they have potentially already posted or is currently listed in their profile or telling us about your 5-mile mid-day trips to your mailbox, then I have just as much right to post my stories as well.

:roll: It's unfortunate that people have indulged you troll. I think you know that if given the choice between being around someone who excitedly asks questions that have already been answered and someone who makes their own day off of responding to said questions in a petty way as though they're god's gift after JC, that person would not chose the latter. I know it makes you sad, so just try not to embody such a prickish and transparent stereotype.
Last edited by TIKITEMBO on Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

h2oplyer7

Postby h2oplyer7 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:15 pm

It's true. I think it's great mandi is so excited. No one should be mean here. We should all relax. :)

Julijk

Postby Julijk » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:34 pm

I'm with you Mandi! This is an exciting time!!

Please keep us posted when you get your letter!!! :)

sallen07

Postby sallen07 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:07 pm

Not to alarm everyone, but I was part of this decision wave and received a W/L letter today. I am a definite splitter 3.85/151 with very strong softs and WE. Good luck to all. I hope there are some acceptances this wave as well.

lrslayer

Postby lrslayer » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:10 pm

I was accepted way back in November and haven't heard any word on money so i will be withdrawing. good luck to those still waiting

h2oplyer7

Postby h2oplyer7 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:12 pm

sallen07 wrote:Not to alarm everyone, but I was part of this decision wave and received a W/L letter today. I am a definite splitter 3.85/151 with very strong softs and WE. Good luck to all. I hope there are some acceptances this wave as well.

Interesting...(strokes chin)

akua1209

Postby akua1209 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:49 pm

stephinmd wrote:Question for the ones accepted: I have gone back through every email and every sheet of paper mailed to me by UMD looking for information on the admitted students day. The only thing I see is an ''expect an invitation to our March 31st admitted students day". Have you guys gotten any info on how to sign up? If so, I'll email them tomorrow and let them know I'd like to attend :)

No info. I haven't received anything besides the letter stating that I'll receive an invitation to attend the Admitted Students Day...but I never did.

lrslayer

Postby lrslayer » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:00 am

akua1209 wrote:
stephinmd wrote:Question for the ones accepted: I have gone back through every email and every sheet of paper mailed to me by UMD looking for information on the admitted students day. The only thing I see is an ''expect an invitation to our March 31st admitted students day". Have you guys gotten any info on how to sign up? If so, I'll email them tomorrow and let them know I'd like to attend :)

No info. I haven't received anything besides the letter stating that I'll receive an invitation to attend the Admitted Students Day...but I never did.

^this. i'm a bit peeved because i would have attending with some love from them. but i have heard nothing. sucks :(

diegoforlan10

Postby diegoforlan10 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:27 am

Can anyone comment on the value of attending this school at in-state sticker? Also, have any other in-state admits who were NOT selected for scholly interviews received scholarship offers? Does this happen? Are other in-state admits considering asking for money?

Personally, I think this school is a steal in-state at $22k. For example, I was extremely fortunate to receive a quarter scholarship from UIUC, but that still adds up to over $30k/year in debt OOS. I'm at the 75% of Maryland's LSAT medium but well below the bottom 25% in GPA, should I try to negotiate something with them?

HellOnHeels

Postby HellOnHeels » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:04 am

diegoforlan10 wrote:Can anyone comment on the value of attending this school at in-state sticker? Also, have any other in-state admits who were NOT selected for scholly interviews received scholarship offers? Does this happen? Are other in-state admits considering asking for money?

Personally, I think this school is a steal in-state at $22k. For example, I was extremely fortunate to receive a quarter scholarship from UIUC, but that still adds up to over $30k/year in debt OOS. I'm at the 75% of Maryland's LSAT medium but well below the bottom 25% in GPA, should I try to negotiate something with them?

i called yesterday and asked about the admitted students day info. the lady said she would check into it, i will let you guys know when/if i hear back.

diego, i am similar to you numbers wise. i did not receive any scholarship, and so about a month ago, i sent an email asking to be reconsidered, stating maryland was my top choice (it is), and that several other schools had cheaper coa after i received scholarships from them. i have heard nothing back, and i'm not really expecting to. i did apply for the professional school scholarship, which was due in late feb, so hopefully i hear something good from that. luckily, i am instate, so even w/o a scholarship, coa isn't too awful.

akua1209

Postby akua1209 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:21 am

stephinmd wrote:
diegoforlan10 wrote:Can anyone comment on the value of attending this school at in-state sticker? Also, have any other in-state admits who were NOT selected for scholly interviews received scholarship offers? Does this happen? Are other in-state admits considering asking for money?

i called yesterday and asked about the admitted students day info. the lady said she would check into it, i will let you guys know when/if i hear back.

diego, i am similar to you numbers wise. i did not receive any scholarship, and so about a month ago, i sent an email asking to be reconsidered, stating maryland was my top choice (it is), and that several other schools had cheaper coa after i received scholarships from them. i have heard nothing back, and i'm not really expecting to. i did apply for the professional school scholarship, which was due in late feb, so hopefully i hear something good from that. luckily, i am instate, so even w/o a scholarship, coa isn't too awful.

I did the same thing. I did not receive a scholarship so I sent an email requesting that I be considered. Haven't heard anything back yet, but I'm hopeful.

z0rk

Postby z0rk » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:59 am

sallen07 wrote:Not to alarm everyone, but I was part of this decision wave and received a W/L letter today. I am a definite splitter 3.85/151 with very strong softs and WE. Good luck to all. I hope there are some acceptances this wave as well.

Sallen, can you please elaborate with a little more detail regarding your W/L letter. I received a waitlist email a month ago and I am wondering if there is any difference in language or representation to your letter. Did it discuss a timeline for when your waitlisted application will be reviewed? did it make any mention of preference or priority? Your clarification is much appreciated.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”