Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
TIKITEMBO
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:07 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby TIKITEMBO » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:05 pm

Part-time and also a top choice. Wow, Tuesday can not come soon enough...

User avatar
Jsa725
Posts: 2003
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby Jsa725 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:05 pm

.
Last edited by Jsa725 on Wed May 29, 2013 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
alwayslovely
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:59 am

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby alwayslovely » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:35 pm

I visited today and the facilities are so nice! New and very clean. For me the area is fine. If you've never lived in a city, it may take some getting used to, but nothing appeared unsafe to me.

It is blocks away from the baseball stadium and right around the corner from the football stadium. That gives me the impression that the city is keeping the area reasonably safe for the fans. Overall, the area and the law school superseded my expectations.

HellOnHeels
Posts: 548
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:19 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby HellOnHeels » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:41 pm

alwayslovely wrote:I visited today and the facilities are so nice! New and very clean. For me the area is fine. If you've never lived in a city, it may take some getting used to, but nothing appeared unsafe to me.

It is blocks away from the baseball stadium and right around the corner from the football stadium. That gives me the impression that the city is keeping the area reasonably safe for the fans. Overall, the area and the law school superseded my expectations.

is there a gym that students are allowed to use?

User avatar
alwayslovely
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:59 am

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby alwayslovely » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:50 pm

stephinmd wrote:
alwayslovely wrote:I visited today and the facilities are so nice! New and very clean. For me the area is fine. If you've never lived in a city, it may take some getting used to, but nothing appeared unsafe to me.

It is blocks away from the baseball stadium and right around the corner from the football stadium. That gives me the impression that the city is keeping the area reasonably safe for the fans. Overall, the area and the law school superseded my expectations.

is there a gym that students are allowed to use?


Not sure. We only toured the main law building. It is among other med school and some other grad school program buildings - so I believe there are a lot of students getting professional degrees in the area. That being said it seems like there would be a gym of some sort to use. Maybe a current student can answer?

pret
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:07 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby pret » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:12 pm

stephinmd wrote:
alwayslovely wrote:I visited today and the facilities are so nice! New and very clean. For me the area is fine. If you've never lived in a city, it may take some getting used to, but nothing appeared unsafe to me.

It is blocks away from the baseball stadium and right around the corner from the football stadium. That gives me the impression that the city is keeping the area reasonably safe for the fans. Overall, the area and the law school superseded my expectations.

is there a gym that students are allowed to use?

If I remember my tour correctly, the guide said there's a gym all the UMD students share.

Ziiish
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:43 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby Ziiish » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:55 pm

I've seen the gym, its shared with all the Maryland students (dental, med, etc). It was pretty nice and there is a pool. It was a block from the school in a building that also had a cafe and some other stuff.

User avatar
SpencerPratt
Posts: 319
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:33 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby SpencerPratt » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:03 pm

There is a nice shared gym that you use with other grad students. The area immediately next to the campus is not great, but you can find pretty choice housing in FedHill or Fells Point for around $600/month. Those are really fun areas for mid-20s people.

User avatar
PARTY
Posts: 420
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:54 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby PARTY » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:09 pm

So, about maryland's scholarship that has to be accepted within two weeks...?

Is that a hard or a soft deadline? I seem to remember someone saying it wasn't strict, and that is not going to be enough time.

tennisking88
Posts: 655
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:15 am

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby tennisking88 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:20 pm

PARTY wrote:So, about maryland's scholarship that has to be accepted within two weeks...?

Is that a hard or a soft deadline? I seem to remember someone saying it wasn't strict, and that is not going to be enough time.


The scholarship isn't binding. You don't have to enroll to take it. I don't actually know what "accepting" it is...

User avatar
PARTY
Posts: 420
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:54 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby PARTY » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:25 pm

tennisking88 wrote:The scholarship isn't binding. You don't have to enroll to take it. I don't actually know what "accepting" it is...


right? but that's what they say...

Please note that the deadline to accept or decline your scholarship offer is Monday, March 5, 2012, 5:00pm EST.

caiteden
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:23 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby caiteden » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:42 pm

Has anyone who had their status change to "decision made" on the 17th received their decision yet?

User avatar
CwallXC322
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:03 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby CwallXC322 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:44 pm

caiteden wrote:Has anyone who had their status change to "decision made" on the 17th received their decision yet?


I haven't gotten my mail today yet, but I haven't.

User avatar
TIKITEMBO
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:07 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby TIKITEMBO » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:24 pm

CwallXC322 wrote:
caiteden wrote:Has anyone who had their status change to "decision made" on the 17th received their decision yet?


I haven't gotten my mail today yet, but I haven't.



Damn you President's Day!!! My mailman doesn't want a stalker...

User avatar
CwallXC322
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:03 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby CwallXC322 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:44 pm

Acceptance letter was in the mail today!

User avatar
TIKITEMBO
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:07 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby TIKITEMBO » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:50 pm

CwallXC322 wrote:Acceptance letter was in the mail today!



You're farther away from MD than I am (hoping for today!) Congrats!

User avatar
hadisious
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:05 am

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby hadisious » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:57 pm

Got my acceptance as well today. Good luck everyone!

User avatar
Jsa725
Posts: 2003
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby Jsa725 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:10 pm

.
Last edited by Jsa725 on Wed May 29, 2013 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mmhmmjc
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:46 am

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby mmhmmjc » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:27 pm

hadisious wrote:Got my acceptance as well today. Good luck everyone!


congrats, did u get a maryland law reception email beforehand?

User avatar
TIKITEMBO
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:07 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby TIKITEMBO » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:21 pm

Letter in the mail. In! (PT 155ish/3.7ish and tons of WE and other softs. Non-URM).

First "official" acceptance of the cycle since L&C can't confirm my acceptance though I'm in on the ASW. So happy for it!

User avatar
CwallXC322
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:03 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby CwallXC322 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:23 pm

mmhmmjc wrote:
hadisious wrote:Got my acceptance as well today. Good luck everyone!


congrats, did u get a maryland law reception email beforehand?


I received the MD law reception e-mail on the day the decision was rendered. If you got the e-mail my guess is that your acceptance letter is in the mail, though don't quote me on that.



TIKITEMBO wrote:Letter in the mail. In! (PT 155ish/3.7ish and tons of WE and other softs. Non-URM).

First "official" acceptance of the cycle since L&C can't confirm my acceptance though I'm in on the ASW. So happy for it!


Congrats!

User avatar
TIKITEMBO
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:07 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby TIKITEMBO » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:26 pm

I received the MD law reception e-mail on the day the decision was rendered. If you got the e-mail my guess is that your acceptance letter is in the mail, though don't quote me on that.


I also received the email at that time, so I'll add that for consideration in the pattern.

Congrats!


Thanks! :D

z0rk
Posts: 328
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:11 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby z0rk » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:57 pm

TIKITEMBO wrote:Letter in the mail. In! (PT 155ish/3.7ish and tons of WE and other softs. Non-URM).

First "official" acceptance of the cycle since L&C can't confirm my acceptance though I'm in on the ASW. So happy for it!


Congratulations! Are you OOS?

I have a 157/3.5, non URM. I live in Baltimore City and work for a big firm downtown. I got waitlisted which is a bit of a shocker (UMD is my top choice). Curious as to whether in-state vs. out of state is playing into decision making factors, or if for some reason there may be something else up with my application...

User avatar
TIKITEMBO
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:07 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby TIKITEMBO » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:22 pm

z0rk wrote:
TIKITEMBO wrote:Letter in the mail. In! (PT 155ish/3.7ish and tons of WE and other softs. Non-URM).

First "official" acceptance of the cycle since L&C can't confirm my acceptance though I'm in on the ASW. So happy for it!


Congratulations! Are you OOS?

I have a 157/3.5, non URM. I live in Baltimore City and work for a big firm downtown. I got waitlisted which is a bit of a shocker (UMD is my top choice). Curious as to whether in-state vs. out of state is playing into decision making factors, or if for some reason there may be something else up with my application...


I am OOS. Did you apply PT? If I recall correctly you were looking to keep working at your firm during law school. I remember you telling me about your work experience in the American thread (waiting to hear from them myself) and it sounds like you've got good stuff there. My numbers are a stretch for Maryland with my GPA above the 75th for both programs and meh LSAT, so strictly on the numbers, maybe they wanted to balance out a low GPA somewhere. You're an applicant right there in the city and doing work there, so I think there's got to be good news for you soon. :)

ama004
Posts: 142
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:24 pm

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Postby ama004 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:47 pm

TIKITEMBO wrote:
z0rk wrote:
TIKITEMBO wrote:Letter in the mail. In! (PT 155ish/3.7ish and tons of WE and other softs. Non-URM).

First "official" acceptance of the cycle since L&C can't confirm my acceptance though I'm in on the ASW. So happy for it!


Congratulations! Are you OOS?

I have a 157/3.5, non URM. I live in Baltimore City and work for a big firm downtown. I got waitlisted which is a bit of a shocker (UMD is my top choice). Curious as to whether in-state vs. out of state is playing into decision making factors, or if for some reason there may be something else up with my application...


I am OOS. Did you apply PT? If I recall correctly you were looking to keep working at your firm during law school. I remember you telling me about your work experience in the American thread (waiting to hear from them myself) and it sounds like you've got good stuff there. My numbers are a stretch for Maryland with my GPA above the 75th for both programs and meh LSAT, so strictly on the numbers, maybe they wanted to balance out a low GPA somewhere. You're an applicant right there in the city and doing work there, so I think there's got to be good news for you soon. :)


I also applied part-time and I was waitlisted. I'm in-state and I work in Baltimore. I have a 158 and 3.4, so maybe they are looking for some applicants with higher GPAS. We'll see what happens...Congrats!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: call-me-bubbles, Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Nayanthika, siyuanff, SNightHighlights and 10 guests