Maryland Applicants c/o 2015 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
yg13

New

Re: Maryland Applicants c/o 2015

Post by yg13 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:52 pm

ama004 wrote:
Bgard008 wrote:Any regular, full-time waitlistee's heard anything yet? Been on the waitlist since 3/6.
A couple people posted on here that they were accepted off the full time waitlist. In addition, some folks updated their accounts on LSN to show that they were accepted off the waitlist.

Ive seen the LSN updates but haven't seem anyone here post that they've been accepted off the waitlist

Bgard008

New

Post by Bgard008 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:52 pm

ama004 wrote:
Bgard008 wrote:Any regular, full-time waitlistee's heard anything yet? Been on the waitlist since 3/6.
A couple people posted on here that they were accepted off the full time waitlist. In addition, some folks updated their accounts on LSN to show that they were accepted off the waitlist.

Thank you! Makes me feel better about withdrawing from other places. UM is #1 for me. Good Luck everyone!

pret

Bronze

Post by pret » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:13 pm

Has anyone called recently to ask when pt waitlisters will be admitted?

Jsa725

Gold

Post by Jsa725 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:22 pm

Last edited by Jsa725 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pret

Bronze

Post by pret » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:28 pm

So some haven't even received decisions yet? Please pardon me as I go burn my eyes with cigarettes. X_X

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

abbottsbar

Bronze

Post by abbottsbar » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:57 pm

pret wrote:So some haven't even received decisions yet? Please pardon me as I go burn my eyes with cigarettes. X_X
Finally got an answer from MD in regards to merit-based aid, and it doesn't look like it's going to be enough. The wife and I have discussed it, and it looks like I'm about 99% sure I'll be withdrawing tomorrow. I know MD is your #1 choice, so I really hope that my withdrawal opens up a seat for you.

pret

Bronze

Post by pret » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:12 am

abbottsbar wrote:
pret wrote:So some haven't even received decisions yet? Please pardon me as I go burn my eyes with cigarettes. X_X
Finally got an answer from MD in regards to merit-based aid, and it doesn't look like it's going to be enough. The wife and I have discussed it, and it looks like I'm about 99% sure I'll be withdrawing tomorrow. I know MD is your #1 choice, so I really hope that my withdrawal opens up a seat for you.
Doubtful since you applied ft and I applied pt. I'm bummed you won't be attending, have you considered visiting in person? Never know, you may change your mind.

abbottsbar

Bronze

Post by abbottsbar » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:10 am

pret wrote:
abbottsbar wrote:
Doubtful since you applied ft and I applied pt. I'm bummed you won't be attending, have you considered visiting in person? Never know, you may change your mind.
I've visited, just not on an official tour. I love visiting the Baltimore area (I have a younger sister who woks there), but it doesn't look like things are going to come together. It's a pretty long story so I won't bore everyone with it, but if you'd like to know my reasons feel fee to PM me.

ama004

Bronze

Post by ama004 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:59 am

Come on Maryland let's get the call today off the waitlist and start the weekend off right!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Bgard008

New

Post by Bgard008 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:39 am

ama004 wrote:Come on Maryland let's get the call today off the waitlist and start the weekend off right!
+1 :!: :!: :D

When were you waitlisted Ama004?

ama004

Bronze

Post by ama004 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:50 pm

Bgard008 wrote:
ama004 wrote:Come on Maryland let's get the call today off the waitlist and start the weekend off right!
+1 :!: :!: :D

When were you waitlisted Ama004?
applied on 1/4/12 and went decision made on 2/8/12.

dman12

New

Post by dman12 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:00 am

To all my fellow waitlisters at UMD LAW:
So, who's going to be the brave one and call UMD to see whether or not they started taking people off the waitlist. I know they stated that by the end of April they would start reviewing applicants and potentially take them off the list.

h2oplyer7

Bronze

Post by h2oplyer7 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:19 am

Im off the Waitlist so yes. :)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Bgard008

New

Post by Bgard008 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:25 am

dman12 wrote:To all my fellow waitlisters at UMD LAW:
So, who's going to be the brave one and call UMD to see whether or not they started taking people off the waitlist. I know they stated that by the end of April they would start reviewing applicants and potentially take them off the list.
Just got off the phone with Admissions.
She told me that the waitlisters will receive a phone call first, then an email if they were taken off the waitlist and accepted. She could/would not give me a potential date which to expect a decision. She told me that they will be accepting people up until the first week of classes... :(

I hope that helps a little. I wasn't expecting a date from Admissions, but I like to TRY and be optimistic. If anyone else can get more out of the admissions office plz let us know!

ama004

Bronze

Post by ama004 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:28 pm

Bgard008 wrote:
dman12 wrote:To all my fellow waitlisters at UMD LAW:
Just got off the phone with Admissions.
She told me that the waitlisters will receive a phone call first, then an email if they were taken off the waitlist and accepted. She could/would not give me a potential date which to expect a decision. She told me that they will be accepting people up until the first week of classes... :(

I hope that helps a little. I wasn't expecting a date from Admissions, but I like to TRY and be optimistic. If anyone else can get more out of the admissions office plz let us know!
That's basically what they told me as well. I know full-time waitlisted applicants have been accepted but I haven't heard anything about part-time waitlisted applicants being accepted. I was also told that they started reviewing the waitlisted applications but that's to be expected, as they said they'd review our files in late April.

I do know that one other user on here posted that the admissions office said they'd be sending out some decisions before the end of the month. In short, it seems like it could be any day from now up until August... :roll:

pret

Bronze

Post by pret » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:34 pm

For a second I thought April would never end.

I asked if they'd be taking students off the waitlist by April about a week or two ago and a lady told me they would, but now I wonder if she was saying that only because they accepted a couple applicants with ~162's. Are people who applied mid-April waiting for a decision? I doubt we'll hear anything until everyone's gotten a verdict.

dman12

New

Post by dman12 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:04 pm

I did some research today and outside of Pret, Ama and myself contending to get off of MD's PT-waitlist there are two others on the MD part time waitlist on lawschoolnumbers. It looks like we might have a fighting chance hopefully.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

pret

Bronze

Post by pret » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:11 pm

dman12 wrote:I did some research today and outside of Pret, Ama and myself contending to get off of MD's PT-waitlist there are two others on the MD part time waitlist on lawschoolnumbers. It looks like we might have a fighting chance hopefully.
But there are only 50 seats in the program, and you have to assume there are way more than just us 5 waitlisted.

dman12

New

Post by dman12 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:23 pm

pret wrote:
dman12 wrote:I did some research today and outside of Pret, Ama and myself contending to get off of MD's PT-waitlist there are two others on the MD part time waitlist on lawschoolnumbers. It looks like we might have a fighting chance hopefully.
But there are only 50 seats in the program, and you have to assume there are way more than just us 5 waitlisted.
No, you're exactly right! Guess I was just trying to optimisticaly slim our competition down.

ama004

Bronze

Post by ama004 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:57 pm

dman12 wrote:
pret wrote:
No, you're exactly right! Guess I was just trying to optimisticaly slim our competition down.
I'm trying to be optimistic as well...I'm not sure who you were counting on LSN but my name on there is actually different than it is on here (don't ask me why). So that 2 additional applicants may actually be 1, if you're one of the others.

Unfortunately, I was one of 3 waitlisted part-time applicants when I sat in on a class at UMD. At least they started reviewing the part-time waitlisted applications. At the end of the day, I have to be optimistic and I can't help but wonder how they're looking at the waitlist. I'm set on UMD, so if I don't get in this year, I will retake and reapply. Last year they had a preferred waitlist and this year they don't--so how are they ranking it? I know they claim they don't have ranked waitlist but they've got to have some way to prioritize one applicant over another.

pret

Bronze

Post by pret » Tue May 01, 2012 1:20 am

dman12 wrote:
pret wrote:
I totally understand you, I actually posted what I did in hopes you could relieve my skepticism.

I looked over last year's thread and one person reported being taken off the waitlist May 2nd but it wasn't until mid-May when people started being taken off the waitlist in droves.

Oh, and hooray for May!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

dman12

New

Post by dman12 » Tue May 01, 2012 4:20 pm

ama004 wrote:
dman12 wrote:
pret wrote:
I'm trying to be optimistic as well...I'm not sure who you were counting on LSN but my name on there is actually different than it is on here (don't ask me why). So that 2 additional applicants may actually be 1, if you're one of the others.

Unfortunately, I was one of 3 waitlisted part-time applicants when I sat in on a class at UMD. At least they started reviewing the part-time waitlisted applications. At the end of the day, I have to be optimistic and I can't help but wonder how they're looking at the waitlist. I'm set on UMD, so if I don't get in this year, I will retake and reapply. Last year they had a preferred waitlist and this year they don't--so how are they ranking it? I know they claim they don't have ranked waitlist but they've got to have some way to prioritize one applicant over another.
Yeah I counted you as i deduced who you are on LSN. (I think anyway)

I'm glad to hear that they are pulling applicants off the part time waitlist. In regards to your class visit though,the question is were those other waitlisters part time or full-time?
It sounds like we are in the same boat. If I don't get into MD this year I will probably reapply next year.

ama004

Bronze

Post by ama004 » Tue May 01, 2012 4:22 pm

pret wrote:
dman12 wrote:
pret wrote:
I totally understand you, I actually posted what I did in hopes you could relieve my skepticism.

I looked over last year's thread and one person reported being taken off the waitlist May 2nd but it wasn't until mid-May when people started being taken off the waitlist in droves.

Oh, and hooray for May!
I hope this year follows suit and a bit earlier at that. The call didn't come in April so hopefully it comes in early May, as in May 2nd.

ama004

Bronze

Post by ama004 » Tue May 01, 2012 4:26 pm

I'm not sure they're pulling applicants off yet and I'm not sure that the fact that they're reviewing part-time waitlisted applications (hopefully ours) means that they will be pulling people off the part-time waitlist. At any rate, I think it's a good sign.

Besides me, there were two other applicants who were on the part-time waitlist when I visited a class.

dman12

New

Post by dman12 » Tue May 01, 2012 4:28 pm

pret wrote:
dman12 wrote:
pret wrote:

Oh, and hooray for May!
LOL. And then not to be a Debbie Downer but there are probably some acceptances on lsn that could be part time b.c. the poster didn't denote that it was the pt program they were accepted to?? Hopefully NOT the case.. :roll: Good looking re: last years comparison. Gives me something else to look forward to. May 1st is here and hopefully we'll have good news before the end of the month.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”