Florida International University, FIU Acceptance, Denial, Wa Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ajr1988

New

Re: Florida International University, FIU Acceptance, Denial, Wa

Post by ajr1988 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:32 pm

id also like to know…anyone else get a desicion rendered/letter mailed status change in the past 2 days? This is killing me!

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:52 am

ajr1988 wrote:id also like to know…anyone else get a desicion rendered/letter mailed status change in the past 2 days? This is killing me!
Does yours have anything in the fees section? Other than application fee with an amount? Let me know because it could be various things unless they changed procedure this time.

MrsG

New

Post by MrsG » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:03 pm

BearsGrl wrote:Can anyone tell me what their fee section looked like prior to getting a decision? Did you all have the 0.00 below the application fee being paid?
I was accepted just before the holidays and when my status changed to Decision Rendered Letter Mailed A fee of $200 was added under my App fee. It wasn't labeled but I assumed correctly it was my seat deposit. I received my acceptance letter about 3 days later.
ajr1988 wrote:id also like to know…anyone else get a desicion rendered/letter mailed status change in the past 2 days? This is killing me!
I haven't received anything but I did write Mrs. Miro an email about financial aid after Christmas and have yet to receive a response which leads me to believe they may still be out for winter break. (but thats a total assumption)

Hope this helps, and wish you both the best of luck!

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:59 pm

MrsG wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:Can anyone tell me what their fee section looked like prior to getting a decision? Did you all have the 0.00 below the application fee being paid?
I was accepted just before the holidays and when my status changed to Decision Rendered Letter Mailed A fee of $200 was added under my App fee. It wasn't labeled but I assumed correctly it was my seat deposit. I received my acceptance letter about 3 days later.

Was it pretty immediate that the $200 was put under there? I'm going to assume I was put on hold or rejected because it hasn't changed. I've heard that it can take up to 10 days to hear back from FIU with the letter so I'll just keep waiting. :)

I'm out of state but from what I've read/seen about it, FIU is a solid school.

I had a blonde moment (I'm a brunette) and wasn't paying attention to that whole fees area as much as I should've and now that I am, all schools operate the section differently. Oh well. Such is the process.

jcm043

New

Post by jcm043 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:04 pm

Little late, but I am applying tomorrow. Does anyone know how many out of state they admit?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

fiupike24

New

Post by fiupike24 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:36 pm

My application has been under review since Oct. 13th.

Application fee 0.00 Waived
0.00 .00

That's what my profile looks like. I was told that if by this week I do not get an update to call the office on monday Jan. 16th.

etrelles

New

Post by etrelles » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:50 pm

I applied the first week of November and my application has been in review since December 13. Fiupike24 How do your numbers stack up?

From what ive realized, they have been making their decisions in batches...theyve done the high lsats first, then gone down to low lsats (rejections), then up to medians. Im a splitter with lower LSAT but higher GPA so assuming this group should be coming up soon. I was told at the office that the committee divides the applications into groups so that led me to this realization.

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:18 pm

From what I understand they also offer up some LOCIs to folks. I'm not sure if they offer it only to those on the waitlist or not.

Has anyone had any movement with their application?

Jante05

New

Post by Jante05 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:37 pm

jcm043 wrote:Little late, but I am applying tomorrow. Does anyone know how many out of state they admit?
curious about that too....applying this week

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

etrelles

New

Post by etrelles » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:28 pm

BearsGrl wrote:From what I understand they also offer up some LOCIs to folks. I'm not sure if they offer it only to those on the waitlist or not.

Has anyone had any movement with their application?

What do you mean they offer LOCI's? If they take long with your application can you just send a LOCI? I would have thought thats more for those on waitlist but ill try anything right about now lol

nataly1791

New

Post by nataly1791 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:49 pm

Last edited by nataly1791 on Mon May 07, 2012 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JerichoJohnny

Bronze

Post by JerichoJohnny » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:25 pm

I also had the decision rendered status change this afternoon. No changes in the fees column. I've got relatively solid numbers for this school, so needless to say I'm a little worried considering that everyone else seems to have seen a seat deposit

etrelles

New

Post by etrelles » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:25 pm

Have you guys tried calling? Since your decision has already been made im sure they can tell you by phone if youre interested enough.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

nataly1791

New

Post by nataly1791 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:57 pm

kmb1212

New

Post by kmb1212 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:07 pm

Decision rendered, letter mailed status changed yesterday. I called and they said if the letter hasn't come in a week then they will email it. Anyone else have an update?

etrelles

New

Post by etrelles » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:39 pm

Any updates?

nataly1791

New

Post by nataly1791 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:48 pm

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

stupidquestionsguy

New

Post by stupidquestionsguy » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:54 pm

Fraudulent diploma mill. Don't attend. Don't waste your life with undischargable debt and unemployment. Do the research,

shanmyers

New

Post by shanmyers » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:50 pm

Funny enough, yesterday I checked my mail and had a LARGE envelope from FIU. I opened it thinking "I guess I got in" and lo and behold it was a viewbook telling me to APPLY. How frustrating is that! Letters have been sent out as of last week, why are you telling me to apply? Waste of postage that could have gone towards my decision letter.

dubz813

New

Post by dubz813 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:11 pm

Current Status: Decision rendered, letter mailed.
Current Status Date: 1/12/2012
Decision Status:
Decision Status Date: 1/12/2012

nothing in the Fee section, but I did notice the below in the mailings section:

Application Status Online Password 01/13/2012

I called Tuesday, and they advised not to call back for "7 Business days" as all letters are reviewed "twice for accuracy". If nothing received by the 7th business day they should have a copy of letter in their system.....

Also I too recently received the misleading white package view book.....

Maybe its just me, but it would seem like cruel and unusual punishment, for them to send me this big view book package, and then days later a rejection notice.....just sayin

oh well -hope this helps someone- I already got accepted to my top choice of schools 8)

JerichoJohnny

Bronze

Post by JerichoJohnny » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:16 pm

Unlike dubz813 I'm still waiting on my top choices, so if FIU rejects me it will be kind of upsetting, as I have been fully expecting to get in. Decision rendered same day as the rest of you, and still waiting on the letter. I live in Florida, so it ought to be any time now.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

nataly1791

New

Post by nataly1791 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:21 pm

fiupike24

New

Post by fiupike24 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:47 pm

Got my letter too :D . They decided to be undecided.... NICE! lol I atleast feel relieved since I was expecting a rejection letter since the deposit amount did not change. I think by March they will know how many seats they have left and start to pull names from the group that got the letters today.

JerichoJohnny

Bronze

Post by JerichoJohnny » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:48 pm

Well sounds like bad news for me as well then, if this batch of letters is a bunch of holds. I suppose I'll know for certain soon enough.

JerichoJohnny

Bronze

Post by JerichoJohnny » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:00 pm

Yep. Put on hold. Kind of surprised, but oh well. I really would like to have as many in-state options as possible at this point.

Any idea when students that have been held can expect to be reevaluated? Is this tantamount to the the waitlist? Same thing happened to me at Miami.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”