Florida International University, FIU Acceptance, Denial, Wa Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
elusiventity

New

Re: Florida International University, FIU Acceptance, Denial, Wa

Post by elusiventity » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:42 pm

arodr185 wrote:My status changed to decision rendered - letter mailed today AFTER I called and complained that I had been waiting for 11 WEEKS. I'm hoping I get this before April 15th which is St. Thomas's seat deposit deadline. *fingers crossed*. Anyone else have their status change today?
I called this morning too and as happened to you, my status changed to decision rendered. However, I didn't complain. I simply asked for an update as to why things were taking so long. I'm not sure if such a quick response is necessarily a good thing. Oh well, good luck to you! I too will have my fingers crossed!

cv11

New

Post by cv11 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:51 pm

elusiventity wrote:
arodr185 wrote:My status changed to decision rendered - letter mailed today AFTER I called and complained that I had been waiting for 11 WEEKS. I'm hoping I get this before April 15th which is St. Thomas's seat deposit deadline. *fingers crossed*. Anyone else have their status change today?
I called this morning too and as happened to you, my status changed to decision rendered. However, I didn't complain. I simply asked for an update as to why things were taking so long. I'm not sure if such a quick response is necessarily a good thing. Oh well, good luck to you! I too will have my fingers crossed!
My status changed today to decision rendered, letter mailed. I have not called at all - could just be the next cycle of letters. Not sure if it's admit, reject, waitlist? Nothing else on my status checker changed, I just have some random zeros under my application fee.

elusiventity

New

Post by elusiventity » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:11 pm

cv11 wrote:
elusiventity wrote:
My status changed today to decision rendered, letter mailed. I have not called at all - could just be the next cycle of letters. Not sure if it's admit, reject, waitlist? Nothing else on my status checker changed, I just have some random zeros under my application fee.
I'm seeing the same thing under my seat deposit. I've seen this questioned posted before, but do not recall the response. I'm not sure if anything changes. Good luck!

BelleStarMiami

New

Post by BelleStarMiami » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:32 pm

it was a bunch of rejections huh? no deposit money or 0.00 means rejected or if "lucky" (or cursed) wait listed. ha ha

arodr185

New

Post by arodr185 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:41 pm

BelleStarMiami wrote:it was a bunch of rejections huh? no deposit money or 0.00 means rejected or if "lucky" (or cursed) wait listed. ha ha
I actually recall someone who was accepted say that when they were waiting for their letter the seat deposit wasn't showing so you never know. Way to be optimistic though, really encouraging for the rest of us!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

arodr185

New

Post by arodr185 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:51 pm

Also I forgot to mention I applied to the part time program. Did the other applicants who saw their status change today apply part time as well?

etrelles

New

Post by etrelles » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:45 am

Would those of you that had their status change recently mind posting your numbers? Also, if you were part time/full time? I guess it can help us identify which direction they are heading in, in regard to what they are looking for right now. I know they need to keep their averages so they might be looking for specific candidates with higher gpa or higher LSAT depending on the pool of students that have already paid their deposit earlier this month.

elusiventity

New

Post by elusiventity » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:00 am

arodr185 wrote:Also I forgot to mention I applied to the part time program. Did the other applicants who saw their status change today apply part time as well?
I applied part-time as well.

cv11

New

Post by cv11 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:37 am

arodr185 wrote:Also I forgot to mention I applied to the part time program. Did the other applicants who saw their status change today apply part time as well?
Part-time

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

arodr185

New

Post by arodr185 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:59 am

Looks like they sent the Part-Time decisions out Monday then. Good luck to the rest of you. I live 10 minutes away from FIU so I'm hoping that I get the letter some time this week. Will update as soon as I receive it.

thenerd

New

Post by thenerd » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:12 am

File still under review :shock:

philosoraptorjd

New

Post by philosoraptorjd » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:42 am

Status hasnt changed since January. I applied part-time and have a 154/3.95. Any similar numbers out there had their status change recently?

Jsa725

Gold

Post by Jsa725 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:45 am

Last edited by Jsa725 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

rglifberg

Bronze

Post by rglifberg » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:08 pm

Jsa725 wrote:Does anyone know any current students that attend FIU? I want to get some inside information about the school, class structure, faculty....etc

Feel free to PM me, thanks!
I attended FIU for undergrad (graduated last semester) I could answer any questions about the school in general, not so much about the law school

elusiventity

New

Post by elusiventity » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:32 pm

MrsG wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:Can anyone tell me what their fee section looked like prior to getting a decision? Did you all have the 0.00 below the application fee being paid?
I was accepted just before the holidays and when my status changed to Decision Rendered Letter Mailed A fee of $200 was added under my App fee. It wasn't labeled but I assumed correctly it was my seat deposit. I received my acceptance letter about 3 days later.
ajr1988 wrote:id also like to know…anyone else get a desicion rendered/letter mailed status change in the past 2 days? This is killing me!
I haven't received anything but I did write Mrs. Miro an email about financial aid after Christmas and have yet to receive a response which leads me to believe they may still be out for winter break. (but thats a total assumption)

Hope this helps, and wish you both the best of luck!
I know that there was a few letters mailed recently (mine included). I found this earlier in the thread and wanted to repost it because I know some of us have been wondering about this. Has anyone who had a decision rendered received the letter? I have read different things on this thread and am anxious to know the decision already.

philosoraptorjd

New

Post by philosoraptorjd » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:45 pm

From what ive seen in this thread, other threads, and friends of mine that have gotten accepted, the general consensus is that MOST people that were accepted saw the $200 seat deposit change when their status changed.

If any of you feel comfortable, please share with us your numbers. This is an anonymous site, after all lol. I wonder if they are looking for higher gpa or lsat this second round?

DC818

New

Post by DC818 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:36 am

elusiventity wrote:
MrsG wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:Can anyone tell me what their fee section looked like prior to getting a decision? Did you all have the 0.00 below the application fee being paid?
I was accepted just before the holidays and when my status changed to Decision Rendered Letter Mailed A fee of $200 was added under my App fee. It wasn't labeled but I assumed correctly it was my seat deposit. I received my acceptance letter about 3 days later.
ajr1988 wrote:id also like to know…anyone else get a desicion rendered/letter mailed status change in the past 2 days? This is killing me!
I haven't received anything but I did write Mrs. Miro an email about financial aid after Christmas and have yet to receive a response which leads me to believe they may still be out for winter break. (but thats a total assumption)

I know that there was a few letters mailed recently (mine included). I found this earlier in the thread and wanted to repost it because I know some of us have been wondering about this. Has anyone who had a decision rendered received the letter? I have read different things on this thread and am anxious to know the decision already.
I received that letter yesterday. Basically said that they were holding onto my application due to "a record number of applicants". FIU might've been an option if they'd gotten back to me within a reasonable amount of time, but it looks like I'm putting down a deposit at UM. Can't really afford to pay multiple deposits at this point.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

philosoraptorjd

New

Post by philosoraptorjd » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:36 am

MORE HOLDS???! It's already like Mid-April and they are STILL putting people on hold? That really sucks.

Jsa725

Gold

Post by Jsa725 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:15 am

Last edited by Jsa725 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Favre4Prez

Bronze

Post by Favre4Prez » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:38 am

Withdrew last week, so hopefully it frees up a spot for someone. Good luck.

arodr185

New

Post by arodr185 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:43 pm

DC818 wrote:
elusiventity wrote:
MrsG wrote:

I received that letter yesterday. Basically said that they were holding onto my application due to "a record number of applicants". FIU might've been an option if they'd gotten back to me within a reasonable amount of time, but it looks like I'm putting down a deposit at UM. Can't really afford to pay multiple deposits at this point.
Great, no new numbers on my check application so I'm for sure on that hold list as well. I should be getting the letter either today or tomorrow. What a bummer :(

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Jsa725

Gold

Post by Jsa725 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:46 pm

Last edited by Jsa725 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

philosoraptorjd

New

Post by philosoraptorjd » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:55 pm

Jsa725 wrote:
arodr185 wrote:
Great, no new numbers on my check application so I'm for sure on that hold list as well. I should be getting the letter either today or tomorrow. What a bummer :(
Could you PM me your #s?

Same for me please? Ill reply with mine

elusiventity

New

Post by elusiventity » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:15 pm

DC818 wrote:
elusiventity wrote:
MrsG wrote:

I'm waiting on the letter but am afraid that I'll be in the same situation. I'll be putting down my deposit at UM this week. I, however am still waiting on FIU's response. I called today and they told me that they should be responding to those on the hold list within 4-6 weeks. I still have hope.

Jsa725

Gold

Post by Jsa725 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:23 pm

Last edited by Jsa725 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”