LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Decandler29
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:05 pm

Re: LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Decandler29 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:50 pm

I logged on to PAWS today because I was bored, and it was completely different from the last time I logged on- does this mean I was accepted? They said it would expand if I got in... Just curious if anyone knew!!

bmili
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:21 pm

Re: LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby bmili » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:52 pm

Decandler29 wrote:I logged on to PAWS today because I was bored, and it was completely different from the last time I logged on- does this mean I was accepted? They said it would expand if I got in... Just curious if anyone knew!!


What new options do you have? Supposedly it will update if you are accepted.

User avatar
GeauxTigers7
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:20 pm

Re: LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby GeauxTigers7 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:12 pm

I went to LSU for undergrad and have already been accepted to LSU law. I haven't been on PAWS forever and never got any emails about my PAWS account for law school. What is supposed to be on my PAWS account now that was different than before? Thanks.

bmili
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:21 pm

Re: LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby bmili » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:18 pm

based on last years thread options such as housing and maybe something to do with courses

User avatar
GeauxTigers7
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:20 pm

Re: LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby GeauxTigers7 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:20 pm

I see it now. Under "Student Services" there are new tabs that read "Law School Course Offerings" and "Law School Seat Deposit." There may be more new tabs other than these two, but these were the most obvious new ones. Thanks for your help!

jeanster
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:25 pm

Re: LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jeanster » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:36 pm

Any movement? Any?

Come on LSU. I've been under review since November.

User avatar
cutecarmel
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:39 pm

Re: LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cutecarmel » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:50 pm

I didn't get accepted until 2 months after I completed my application and go scholarship info about 2-3 weeks after that. So if you factor winter break into the time you have been waiting, you may know about when you'll hear back.

jeanster wrote:Any movement? Any?

Come on LSU. I've been under review since November.

Proximo
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:49 am

Re: LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Proximo » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:16 pm

LSN is showing some movement today; unfortunately for me, a 156/3.13 was rejected who applied in October.

I'm hoping I hear something soon because that was the time frame I applied as well.

broski
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:45 pm

Re: LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby broski » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:34 pm

Proximo wrote:LSN is showing some movement today; unfortunately for me, a 156/3.13 was rejected who applied in October.

I'm hoping I hear something soon because that was the time frame I applied as well.


I submitted in early October too.
When did you go under review?

Proximo
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:49 am

Re: LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Proximo » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:15 pm

broski wrote:
Proximo wrote:LSN is showing some movement today; unfortunately for me, a 156/3.13 was rejected who applied in October.

I'm hoping I hear something soon because that was the time frame I applied as well.


I submitted in early October too.
When did you go under review?


edit - early December

broski
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:45 pm

Re: LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby broski » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:09 pm

For those accepted, how long were yal under review before you got a decision?

User avatar
Bgard008
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:07 pm

Re: LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Bgard008 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:30 pm

File UNder Review.
Seat Deposit Sections added today... Acceptance?
Anyone else notice this?

Proximo
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:49 am

Re: LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Proximo » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:24 pm

Bgard008 wrote:File UNder Review.
Seat Deposit Sections added today... Acceptance?
Anyone else notice this?


I also have the seat deposits section in conjunction with under review status, but my PAWS still does not have "law course offerings."

I don't think I would read too much into that.

taguil2
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:56 pm

Re: LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby taguil2 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:01 pm

Proximo wrote:
Bgard008 wrote:File UNder Review.
Seat Deposit Sections added today... Acceptance?
Anyone else notice this?


I also have the seat deposits section in conjunction with under review status, but my PAWS still does not have "law course offerings."

I don't think I would read too much into that.


I also see the seat deposit section on my status checker today. May not mean anything, but at least it's some sort of change. My status is still "Your file is under review".

Decandler29
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:05 pm

Re: LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Decandler29 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:55 pm

Seat deposit has been up for weeks and still no movement from "Under Review" so I doubt it means anything... sucks though, I'd kill for a decision. LSU is my dream, and they're the only ones I haven't heard from!!!!!!!!!!!!! Killing me!

dgree0733
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby dgree0733 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:24 pm

I was accepted back in December and my Status Checker says that a scholarship letter was mailed out yesterday. Anyone see/recieve any scholarship info in the last couple of days? Any idea if LSU is giving folks money this year?

3.28/166

Proximo
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:49 am

Re: LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Proximo » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:25 pm

Ok, I have "decision rendered, check your email" and there is no email.

I checked the LSU 2011 thread and several people who got the message on their status checker did not receive an email until the following day. :shock:

User avatar
GeauxTigers7
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:20 pm

Re: LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby GeauxTigers7 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:29 pm

I believe that I received an email the same day, but I could be wrong. Do you have seat deposits? And if you are at LSU now, is the law school stuff on your paws account?

Proximo
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:49 am

Re: LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Proximo » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:33 pm

GeauxTigers7 wrote:I believe that I received an email the same day, but I could be wrong. Do you have seat deposits? And if you are at LSU now, is the law school stuff on your paws account?


I do have seat deposits (200, 300, 500, misc., and my requirements list still has personal statement, resume, etc.)

I am at LSU now and I do not have the law school courses under student services. When your status checker changed, did you immediately get the law school stuff in your paws?

I have "decision letter" under mailings, but I'm not sure if that is a real envelope or an email.

User avatar
GeauxTigers7
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:20 pm

Re: LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby GeauxTigers7 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:34 pm

I just looked through my email and status checker to confirm what I previously said. Decision rendered on 12/8 via status checker and I got the acceptance email the same day. Maybe you will get the email later today. I think that the seat deposits are a good sign though. I am not sure about the PAWS update though, I didn't discover that until much later. Good luck!

Proximo
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:49 am

Re: LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Proximo » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:35 pm

GeauxTigers7 wrote:I just looked through my email and status checker to confirm what I previously said. Decision rendered on 12/8 via status checker and I got the acceptance email the same day. Maybe you will get the email later today. I think that the seat deposits are a good sign though. I am not sure about the PAWS update though, I didn't discover that until much later. Good luck!


Thanks for your help!

bmili
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:21 pm

Re: LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby bmili » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:35 pm

Proximo wrote:
GeauxTigers7 wrote:I believe that I received an email the same day, but I could be wrong. Do you have seat deposits? And if you are at LSU now, is the law school stuff on your paws account?


I do have seat deposits (200, 300, 500, misc., and my requirements list still has personal statement, resume, etc.)

I am at LSU now and I do not have the law school courses under student services. When your status checker changed, did you immediately get the law school stuff in your paws?

I have "decision letter" under mailings, but I'm not sure if that is a real envelope or an email.


Under your seat desposits on your status checker, do you have amounts due or zeroes? I am still under review and have zeroes.

Proximo
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:49 am

Re: LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Proximo » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:36 pm

bmili wrote:
Proximo wrote:
GeauxTigers7 wrote:I believe that I received an email the same day, but I could be wrong. Do you have seat deposits? And if you are at LSU now, is the law school stuff on your paws account?


I do have seat deposits (200, 300, 500, misc., and my requirements list still has personal statement, resume, etc.)

I am at LSU now and I do not have the law school courses under student services. When your status checker changed, did you immediately get the law school stuff in your paws?

I have "decision letter" under mailings, but I'm not sure if that is a real envelope or an email.


Under your seat desposits on your status checker, do you have amounts due or zeroes? I am still under review and have zeroes.


Yep, all zeroes.

jeanster
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:25 pm

Re: LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jeanster » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:01 pm

Reapplicant from last year- was waitlisted.

Decision made-email pending means that you'll get one that day. Same thing happened to me, and I checked my inbox religiously for hours until that WL struck.

Decandler29
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:05 pm

Re: LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Decandler29 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:14 pm

When did y'all go under review? I'm dying over here. Been under review for 7 weeks as of today!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”