LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
mxmatt137
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:12 pm

Re: LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby mxmatt137 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:05 pm

bama684 wrote:
bmili wrote:Status checker updated to decision rendered, check your email. Anyone else?


Can you let us know how long it took you to receive the email? It seems like other applicants had a decent waiting time from when their status checker was updated until the time they finally received their email.


My status checker says:

Decision Made: 1/31/2012
Decision Letter has been mailed! 02/03/2012

I received my admission packet on 2/8/2012. I live in DFW so I would estimate at least a week between status checker change and actually getting the package.

bmili
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:21 pm

Re: LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby bmili » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:08 pm

mxmatt137 wrote:
bama684 wrote:
bmili wrote:Status checker updated to decision rendered, check your email. Anyone else?


Can you let us know how long it took you to receive the email? It seems like other applicants had a decent waiting time from when their status checker was updated until the time they finally received their email.


My status checker says:

Decision Made: 1/31/2012
Decision Letter has been mailed! 02/03/2012

I received my admission packet on 2/8/2012. I live in DFW so I would estimate at least a week between status checker change and actually getting the package.


i dont have a mailing, just a message saying check your email. did you get a scholarship? I know they have been mailing those...

User avatar
mxmatt137
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:12 pm

Re: LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby mxmatt137 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:37 pm

bmili wrote:
mxmatt137 wrote:
bama684 wrote:
bmili wrote:Status checker updated to decision rendered, check your email. Anyone else?


Can you let us know how long it took you to receive the email? It seems like other applicants had a decent waiting time from when their status checker was updated until the time they finally received their email.


My status checker says:

Decision Made: 1/31/2012
Decision Letter has been mailed! 02/03/2012

I received my admission packet on 2/8/2012. I live in DFW so I would estimate at least a week between status checker change and actually getting the package.


i dont have a mailing, just a message saying check your email. did you get a scholarship? I know they have been mailing those...


Right - It took 3 days for them to go from "Check email" to "letter has been mailed." Then it took another 5 days for me to get the mail. My scholarship info was mailed today.

FYI it took over a day for me to get the email after my status checker updated to the "check email" thing.

bmili
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:21 pm

Re: LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby bmili » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:53 pm

gotcha, i understand what you were saying now. Im in DFW too, so good to know potential timelines.

broski
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:45 pm

Re: LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby broski » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:54 pm

bmili wrote:Status checker updated to decision rendered, check your email. Anyone else?



Just noticed that mine updated to Decision rendered as well. No email yet but my fee section did update and I have seat deposits due is April and May. I'm hoping that is a good sign.

bmili
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:21 pm

Re: LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby bmili » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:56 pm

broski wrote:
bmili wrote:Status checker updated to decision rendered, check your email. Anyone else?



Just noticed that mine updated to Decision rendered as well. No email yet but my fee section did update and I have seat deposits due is April and May. I'm hoping that is a good sign.


Ive got all zeroes, that cant be a good sign for me then. Did your PAWS update? Or is still the same..

broski
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:45 pm

Re: LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby broski » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:59 pm

bmili wrote:
broski wrote:
bmili wrote:Status checker updated to decision rendered, check your email. Anyone else?



Just noticed that mine updated to Decision rendered as well. No email yet but my fee section did update and I have seat deposits due is April and May. I'm hoping that is a good sign.


Ive got all zeroes, that cant be a good sign for me then. Did your PAWS update? Or is still the same..


My paws hasn't change yet.

My seat deposit was at zeroes the first time I saw the decision rendered then I checked it again a little later and noticed they were added. They might just be adding them now and your coming up?

Geaux12
Posts: 416
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:56 am

Re: LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Geaux12 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:33 pm

Just went under review this afternoon. Surprised its taken this long; I've been accepted to the other schools I applied to, and am an auto admit to LSU. Granted I did apply in mid-Jan...

Decandler29
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:05 pm

Re: LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Decandler29 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:19 am

Mine just did something weird... I've been under review for 2 months and now all of a sudden I've got a message at the top that says:
**Applicant Status Update**
Thanks for applying to the LSU Paul M. Hebert Law Center! We have received all of the required documents needed to be considered for admissons. Your application is currently being reviewed by the Admission's Committee. The review process may take 6 - 8 weeks to render a decision; at that time you will be notified. If you have further questions about your application, please contact our office.

and my status date changed to today...wtf?!?!

bmili
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:21 pm

Re: LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby bmili » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:45 am

Decandler29 wrote:Mine just did something weird... I've been under review for 2 months and now all of a sudden I've got a message at the top that says:
**Applicant Status Update**
Thanks for applying to the LSU Paul M. Hebert Law Center! We have received all of the required documents needed to be considered for admissons. Your application is currently being reviewed by the Admission's Committee. The review process may take 6 - 8 weeks to render a decision; at that time you will be notified. If you have further questions about your application, please contact our office.

and my status date changed to today...wtf?!?!


That happened to me in December.

bmili
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:21 pm

Re: LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby bmili » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:39 am

Waitlisted....will most likely be withdrawing, good luck everyone!

broski
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:45 pm

Re: LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby broski » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:45 am

Just got in via email.

User avatar
GeauxTigers7
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:20 pm

Re: LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby GeauxTigers7 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:45 am

broski wrote:Just got in via email.


congrats!

User avatar
GeauxTigers7
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:20 pm

Re: LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby GeauxTigers7 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:48 am

Who else is going to the LSU ASW?

User avatar
cutecarmel
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:39 pm

Re: LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cutecarmel » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:49 am

Not sure yet. They changed the date didn't they?

GeauxTigers7 wrote:Who else is going to the LSU ASW?

User avatar
GeauxTigers7
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:20 pm

Re: LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby GeauxTigers7 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:52 am

Yup. Lookin like March 16th and then 17th (St. Pattys Day Parade in BR)...but I still think I'm gonna go.

dejeanhc
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:24 pm

Re: LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby dejeanhc » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:28 pm

Geaux12 wrote:Just went under review this afternoon. Surprised its taken this long; I've been accepted to the other schools I applied to, and am an auto admit to LSU. Granted I did apply in mid-Jan...


Same here...applied in mid January and finally went in review on Thursday.Not really worried about being admitted, but I’d like to just KNOW.

Protagoristotle
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:56 pm

Re: LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Protagoristotle » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:50 pm

bmili wrote:Waitlisted....will most likely be withdrawing, good luck everyone!


Stats?

Proximo
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:49 am

Re: LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Proximo » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:04 pm

Do any of you admitted guys mind sharing the specific seat deposit dates?

My email says that they will review the waitlisted applicants in "mid-May" after the seat deposit deadlines.

User avatar
GeauxTigers7
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:20 pm

Re: LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby GeauxTigers7 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:35 pm

$200 seat deposit - 4/2/12
$300 seat deposit - 5/2/12

Geaux12
Posts: 416
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:56 am

Re: LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Geaux12 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:33 pm

I really can't believe how long review has been taking.

User avatar
Titleist
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Titleist » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:09 pm

How long have you been in review for? I'm sitting at 1/13 with a 2/9 update.

taguil2
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:56 pm

Re: LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby taguil2 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:24 am

Titleist wrote:How long have you been in review for? I'm sitting at 1/13 with a 2/9 update.


I've also been in review since 1/13. The wait is killing me!

Geaux12
Posts: 416
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:56 am

Re: LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Geaux12 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:18 pm

Titleist wrote:How long have you been in review for? I'm sitting at 1/13 with a 2/9 update.


Under review since February 9. I guess in comparison to you guys I haven't been waiting very long. Every other school I applied to was much quicker, guess I'm spoiled.

User avatar
Titleist
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: LSU c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Titleist » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:11 pm

Same here. LSU and SMU are the only schools I have yet to hear back from.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”