UNC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
diegoforlan10
Posts: 175
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:10 am

Re: UNC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby diegoforlan10 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:48 am

wanin wrote:
jsvaughn wrote:so no news equals bad news?


by the end of this week, yes.


This wait is going to be unbearable.

Tyson22
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:19 pm

Re: UNC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Tyson22 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:55 am

diegoforlan10 wrote:
wanin wrote:
jsvaughn wrote:so no news equals bad news?


by the end of this week, yes.


This wait is going to be unbearable.


Now that the status checker says "If you are going to be admitted to UNC in the first round, you will have a decision by April 1," does that mean that some people will still get admit decisions (and not through waitlist) in April? I guess because it still states, "This means that we will have made our admissions offers to those who will not be waitlisted or denied by April 1," the addition of "first round" doesn't really mean anything? I was thinking since they let in a lot of people last week that there wouldn't be anymore for March, but since I wasn't one of them, hopefully that isn't true!

User avatar
ThreeRivers
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:54 am

Re: UNC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ThreeRivers » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:14 pm

Tyson22 wrote:
diegoforlan10 wrote:
wanin wrote:
jsvaughn wrote:so no news equals bad news?


by the end of this week, yes.


This wait is going to be unbearable.


Now that the status checker says "If you are going to be admitted to UNC in the first round, you will have a decision by April 1," does that mean that some people will still get admit decisions (and not through waitlist) in April? I guess because it still states, "This means that we will have made our admissions offers to those who will not be waitlisted or denied by April 1," the addition of "first round" doesn't really mean anything? I was thinking since they let in a lot of people last week that there wouldn't be anymore for March, but since I wasn't one of them, hopefully that isn't true!

Essentially UNC admissions staff is so understaffed or incompetent that they can't even finish review files after 6 months. They have basically run out of time. So they'll basically "Waitlist" all the files they haven't even gotten to yet and set a new deadline on May 1 (which they may or may not reach).

I believe I heard this happened last year as well

User avatar
Capitalist
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:38 pm

Re: UNC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Capitalist » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:19 pm

ThreeRivers wrote:I believe I heard this happened last year as well


Yep. They did the exact same thing last year. I hope they are just understaffed and not as incompetent as they appear. I was WLed last year, and I bet the same thing happens again.

curiousnole
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:33 pm

Re: UNC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby curiousnole » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:34 pm

Yeah, I just called and I asked if that April 1st deadline was a solid deadline for acceptances and the woman who answered told me that they will be giving out acceptances throughout April as well... So basically, no, that April 1st deadline doesn't mean much

hokielaw12
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:13 pm

Re: UNC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hokielaw12 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:41 pm

Who thinks more acceptances will be handed out this week? Judging by the latest post, who knows what will happen in the coming weeks.

Tyson22
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:19 pm

Re: UNC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Tyson22 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:53 pm

curiousnole wrote:Yeah, I just called and I asked if that April 1st deadline was a solid deadline for acceptances and the woman who answered told me that they will be giving out acceptances throughout April as well... So basically, no, that April 1st deadline doesn't mean much


Did the woman give an indication as to whether or not they will be giving out more decisions this week?

User avatar
TIKITEMBO
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:07 pm

Re: UNC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby TIKITEMBO » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:07 pm

.
Last edited by TIKITEMBO on Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

curiousnole
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:33 pm

Re: UNC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby curiousnole » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:18 pm

She said she had no idea and then said they are doing the best they can. Quite frustrating

User avatar
Capitalist
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:38 pm

Re: UNC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Capitalist » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:20 pm

curiousnole wrote:She said she had no idea and then said they are doing the best they can. Quite frustrating


Same shit. Different year.

User avatar
rbomb
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: UNC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby rbomb » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:35 pm

This is going to sound stupid, but can you apply for the admitted students day mid-April if you haven't been admitted yet and you have the numbers?

I don't understand how they have had two days already with so little decisions being rendered...seriously yall, get your junk together!!



Editors note: Prefacing with 'this is going to sound stupid' renders said stupid question tolerable.

parebare23
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:06 am

Re: UNC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby parebare23 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:37 pm

Anyone who was recently admitted in the last bunch receive scholly info yet? Just wondering if I missed that bus...

User avatar
sdphill
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 4:26 am

Re: UNC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sdphill » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:40 pm

parebare23 wrote:Anyone who was recently admitted in the last bunch receive scholly info yet? Just wondering if I missed that bus...


I haven't.

User avatar
Bashy
Posts: 416
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:59 pm

Re: UNC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Bashy » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:45 pm

sdphill wrote:
parebare23 wrote:Anyone who was recently admitted in the last bunch receive scholly info yet? Just wondering if I missed that bus...


I haven't.


Nor have I. It doesn't seems entirely outside the realm of possibility that we're going to have to pony up sticker price to attend Carolina.

User avatar
PurplePirate
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 4:01 pm

Re: UNC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby PurplePirate » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:12 pm

parebare23 wrote:Anyone who was recently admitted in the last bunch receive scholly info yet? Just wondering if I missed that bus...


I haven't either.

mh2015
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:23 pm

Re: UNC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby mh2015 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:31 pm

Current status date is STILL 1/6. :(

bigestyle
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:23 pm

Re: UNC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby bigestyle » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:28 pm

mh2015 wrote:Current status date is STILL 1/6. :(

+1

favrefire4
Posts: 393
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: UNC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby favrefire4 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:36 pm

11/3 here...

havikk13
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:50 am

Re: UNC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby havikk13 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:37 pm

Did anyone recently get in that had a complete date after 12/31? I'm 1/12 and still waiting.

User avatar
PurplePirate
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 4:01 pm

Re: UNC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby PurplePirate » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:05 pm

So who else will be at ASD this Friday? I'm excited.

User avatar
Capitalist
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:38 pm

Re: UNC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Capitalist » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:07 pm

They are going to WL everyone that is at their medians or borderline.

el William
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:36 pm

Re: UNC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby el William » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:18 pm

Capitalist wrote:They are going to WL everyone that is at their medians or borderline.


That makes me really sad :(

What makes you think this?

At 160/3.4 In State I know i am borderline but, I was hoping they would release a few more admit decisions before this weekend...

User avatar
Capitalist
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:38 pm

Re: UNC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Capitalist » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:22 pm

el William wrote:
Capitalist wrote:They are going to WL everyone that is at their medians or borderline.


That makes me really sad :(

What makes you think this?


Because I went through the same process last cycle. They'll admit a small percentage before April 1 and WL everyone else. Even if your numbers are WAY below their medians, they'll most likely still waitlist you because they haven't reviewed your file yet.

It sucks.

User avatar
sdphill
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 4:26 am

Re: UNC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sdphill » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:24 pm

[quote="Capitalist"

they haven't reviewed your file yet.

It sucks.[/quote]

Why won they expand their admissions committee? I know that USC has like 3/4 people reading files and they are a little slow, but they have extended most offers by now.

User avatar
Capitalist
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:38 pm

Re: UNC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Capitalist » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:26 pm

sdphill wrote:Why won they expand their admissions committee?


I'm assuming it has something to do with the state budget cuts.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ewan0707, Google Adsense [Bot], TudoBem and 15 guests