Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
hadisious
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:05 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby hadisious » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:10 pm

Waitlisted via status checker as of today. Happy to have not been rejected. Good luck to everyone else.

shroeder
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:05 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby shroeder » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:14 pm

hadisious wrote:Waitlisted via status checker as of today. Happy to have not been rejected. Good luck to everyone else.

When did you last update and what are your numbers if ya don't mind saying. And good luck with the rest of your cycle

User avatar
hadisious
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:05 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby hadisious » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:18 pm

shroeder wrote:
hadisious wrote:Waitlisted via status checker as of today. Happy to have not been rejected. Good luck to everyone else.

When did you last update and what are your numbers if ya don't mind saying. And good luck with the rest of your cycle

Thanks for the well wishes. A link to my LSN is in my profile, so you can see my stats and whatnot there.

Went complete 11/30. Update 1/6. Decision 1/13. Good luck in your cycle as well!

freaknroll
Posts: 304
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:53 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby freaknroll » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:22 pm

Waitlisted today as well. updated 1/6

User avatar
hadisious
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:05 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby hadisious » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:30 pm

Did anybody get any kind of response or confirmation after filling out the "I want to stay on the Waitlist" suvery. I know I filled it out right, but the thought of it getting screwed up makes me nervous :?

User avatar
CPM723
Posts: 377
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby CPM723 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:35 pm

hadisious wrote:Did anybody get any kind of response or confirmation after filling out the "I want to stay on the Waitlist" suvery. I know I filled it out right, but the thought of it getting screwed up makes me nervous :?


I filled it out today and I didn't receive anything other than the "You completed the survey!" message at the end of it.

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13300
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby JenDarby » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:41 pm

CPM723 wrote:
hadisious wrote:Did anybody get any kind of response or confirmation after filling out the "I want to stay on the Waitlist" suvery. I know I filled it out right, but the thought of it getting screwed up makes me nervous :?


I filled it out today and I didn't receive anything other than the "You completed the survey!" message at the end of it.

That is in fact all you receive. The fact that they use survey monkey for the waitlist is a bit off putting, in my opinion.

User avatar
hadisious
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:05 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby hadisious » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:43 pm

JenDarby wrote:
CPM723 wrote:
hadisious wrote:Did anybody get any kind of response or confirmation after filling out the "I want to stay on the Waitlist" suvery. I know I filled it out right, but the thought of it getting screwed up makes me nervous :?


I filled it out today and I didn't receive anything other than the "You completed the survey!" message at the end of it.

That is in fact all you receive. The fact that they use survey monkey for the waitlist is a bit off putting, in my opinion.

+1 Was a bit surprised myself to see that was their method.

freaknroll
Posts: 304
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:53 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby freaknroll » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:48 pm

Does anyone know the standard protocol for a LOCI? Do you wait a week or so and then just email it to the admissions office?

User avatar
CPM723
Posts: 377
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby CPM723 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:49 pm

I just sent a short email to admissions thanking them for the waitlist and the opportunity it can allow me. Is this the kind of interaction that helps get off the waitlist? I have already visited, so other than the email, I don't know what else to do.

User avatar
hadisious
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:05 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby hadisious » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:51 pm

CPM723 wrote:I just sent a short email to admissions thanking them for the waitlist and the opportunity it can allow me. Is this the kind of interaction that helps get off the waitlist? I have already visited, so other than the email, I don't know what else to do.

I would like to know this as well. Should I send a short email thanking them for the WL, etc?

Anybody who has gotten off the WL already have any advice? Thanks.

User avatar
ganggreen
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:40 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby ganggreen » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:01 pm

Updated complete again today (1/13), just changed 3 days ago (complete 1/10)... so what does that mean

milljp02
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:39 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby milljp02 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:07 pm

I had the 1/6 update, got dinged today via status-checker. No surprise though, swung for the fences and missed, strike one.

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby nygrrrl » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:10 pm

Hi gais, just checking in....
To those of you who've been waitlisted: I know it feels like a bummer but I PROMISE YOU, Fordham goes deep into their WL. Deep. Send a LOCI; if FLS is your first choice absolutely let them know that. (Full disclosure: I was not WL'd but many others here were; check back to last year's thread and maybe I can get Opera Soprano to come and share her experience, as well.)
Happy Long Weekend, all!

(Oh, and to those of you who got dinged - I'm so sorry. Here's hoping it's your only ding and the rest of your cycle goes wonderfully!)

User avatar
hadisious
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:05 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby hadisious » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:23 pm

nygrrrl wrote:Hi gais, just checking in....
To those of you who've been waitlisted: I know it feels like a bummer but I PROMISE YOU, Fordham goes deep into their WL. Deep. Send a LOCI; if FLS is your first choice absolutely let them know that. (Full disclosure: I was not WL'd but many others here were; check back to last year's thread and maybe I can get Opera Soprano to come and share her experience, as well.)
Happy Long Weekend, all!

(Oh, and to those of you who got dinged - I'm so sorry. Here's hoping it's your only ding and the rest of your cycle goes wonderfully!)

Thanks for the advice. Would you recommend mailing the LOCI via snail mail? or simply emailing it?

I would use snail mail, but the status checker says to send any WL updates to the admission email.

User avatar
Pleasye
Posts: 7961
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby Pleasye » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:14 pm

JenDarby wrote:That is in fact all you receive. The fact that they use survey monkey for the waitlist is a bit off putting, in my opinion.

I giggled when I saw survey monkey.

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby dingbat » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:26 pm

AbLSAT wrote:I was offered 30k today, but im married with kid so would like to save as much possible. Can i ask for more, or is 30k the limit ?


Note that there's a student organization called "Fordham Parents Attending Law School"

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby dingbat » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:27 pm

dingbat wrote:UR on 1/4, accepted 1/6
169 LSAT (dont ask about GPA, it's a long story)


Received my package in the mail today. I don't know why, but I expected more.

littlepanda
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:51 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby littlepanda » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:25 pm

waitlisted via status checker, no email

User avatar
cogitoergosum
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby cogitoergosum » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:26 pm

littlepanda wrote:waitlisted via status checker, no email

Did your checker change today?

littlepanda
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:51 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby littlepanda » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:29 pm

cogitoergosum wrote:
littlepanda wrote:waitlisted via status checker, no email

Did your checker change today?


1/13

User avatar
cogitoergosum
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby cogitoergosum » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:37 pm

Bump!

Anyone think we'll see some Fordham movement in the next few days?

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13300
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby JenDarby » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:56 pm

cogitoergosum wrote:Bump!

Anyone think we'll see some Fordham movement in the next few days?

I don't know how intertwined everything is, but I do know that many of us are still waiting on grades and according to the registrar we are supposed to have them by the end of the week (meaning there might be a general push to get all this done), plus school started today. Fordham's IT system is terrible and the websites are frequently down (i.e. right now). I'm not sure if this would have any affect on your guys though.

broncos_fan_26
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby broncos_fan_26 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:39 pm

cogitoergosum wrote:Bump!


Anyone think we'll see some Fordham movement in the next few days?



do u check "kathrynforlaw"'s twitter (i usually get it by googling "kathrynforlaw twitter"

User avatar
cogitoergosum
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby cogitoergosum » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:09 pm

broncos_fan_26 wrote:
cogitoergosum wrote:Bump!


Anyone think we'll see some Fordham movement in the next few days?



do u check "kathrynforlaw"'s twitter (i usually get it by googling "kathrynforlaw twitter"

No, I don't, but I guess I should start, thanks!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”