Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
JCFindley
Posts: 1283
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:19 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby JCFindley » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:14 pm

doceydoe wrote:Hey all,

Would anyone be kind enough to PM me details about orientation, etc.? Or anything geared towards evening students in particular? (Based on prior posts, I feel like a book has already been assigned?) The office is closed on Fridays so I haven't heard anything since my acceptance email. If anyone could help me out in the meanwhile I'd be especially grateful! :D


The book is the one in the posts right above here. That is actually all the information I have beyond it starting on the 20th.

User avatar
doceydoe
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:25 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby doceydoe » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:56 pm

JCFindley wrote:
doceydoe wrote:Hey all,

Would anyone be kind enough to PM me details about orientation, etc.? Or anything geared towards evening students in particular? (Based on prior posts, I feel like a book has already been assigned?) The office is closed on Fridays so I haven't heard anything since my acceptance email. If anyone could help me out in the meanwhile I'd be especially grateful! :D


The book is the one in the posts right above here. That is actually all the information I have beyond it starting on the 20th.


Okey dokes. Thanks much!

TLSwag
Posts: 286
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:57 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby TLSwag » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:52 am

doceydoe wrote:
JCFindley wrote:
doceydoe wrote:Hey all,

Would anyone be kind enough to PM me details about orientation, etc.? Or anything geared towards evening students in particular? (Based on prior posts, I feel like a book has already been assigned?) The office is closed on Fridays so I haven't heard anything since my acceptance email. If anyone could help me out in the meanwhile I'd be especially grateful! :D


The book is the one in the posts right above here. That is actually all the information I have beyond it starting on the 20th.


Okey dokes. Thanks much!


i think evening orientation is actually the 19th if i read that somewhere correctly

User avatar
Fujin11
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:18 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby Fujin11 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:57 am

Anyone hear back from Stein yet?

lawschoolgal12
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:30 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby lawschoolgal12 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:43 am

Fujin11 wrote:Anyone hear back from Stein yet?


still nothing from stein...we have to hear soon, right?

User avatar
JCFindley
Posts: 1283
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:19 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby JCFindley » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:22 pm

lawschoolgal12 wrote:
Fujin11 wrote:Anyone hear back from Stein yet?


still nothing from stein...we have to hear soon, right?


Nothing yet here.

jozzy22
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:59 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby jozzy22 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:03 pm

Interviewed about a month ago and was accepted about a week ago.

User avatar
JCFindley
Posts: 1283
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:19 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby JCFindley » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:09 pm

jozzy22 wrote:Interviewed about a month ago and was accepted about a week ago.


Cool, congrats!!!!!!!!1

ajax
Posts: 278
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:33 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby ajax » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:01 am

If anyone still wants to attend Fordham this fall, they are STILL accepting applications:

http://insidethelawschoolscam.blogspot.com/

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby dingbat » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:12 am

ajax wrote:If anyone still wants to attend Fordham this fall, they are STILL accepting applications:

http://insidethelawschoolscam.blogspot.com/

So is Chicago, what's your point?

User avatar
JCFindley
Posts: 1283
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:19 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby JCFindley » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:12 am

ajax wrote:If anyone still wants to attend Fordham this fall, they are STILL accepting applications:

http://insidethelawschoolscam.blogspot.com/


I will give you this, you do keep trying.

ajax
Posts: 278
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:33 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby ajax » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:13 am

Also, Fordham told a correspondent that they were not accepting applications, while telling an applicant they are. Sounds like an institution that places a high premium on integrity.

Money quote:

"(2) Do As I Say Not As I Do, Chapter 734. Law schools go on endlessly about “ethics” and “honor codes,” and “professional responsibility,” and the Rule of Law, but are once again willing to fold, spindle and mutilate their own rules with extreme prejudice should they find those rules in any way inconvenient to their own immediate interests. And again, lawyers can get in big trouble when they’re caught doing similar things."
Last edited by ajax on Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JCFindley
Posts: 1283
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:19 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby JCFindley » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:19 am

ajax wrote:Also, Fordham told a correspondent that they were not accepting applications, while telling an applicant they are. Sounds like an institution that places a high premium on integrity.


Slow news day for ya ajax?

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13286
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby JenDarby » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:44 am

JCFindley wrote:
ajax wrote:Also, Fordham told a correspondent that they were not accepting applications, while telling an applicant they are. Sounds like an institution that places a high premium on integrity.


Slow news day for ya ajax?

ajax is still bitter about his rejection. It's not a shocker to me that a school might consider admitting someone with great credentials once the red tape deadline, they themselves set, has passed. Ajax, should a school accept your 163 because you applied before the deadline or should they accept someone who applied late with exceptional credentials. This isn't that complicated, or even scandalous to me, if schools were to do the latter.

A friend of mine got into BU after being rejected, due to an exceptional June retake. I was neither shocked, bitter, nor offended at the schools egregious hypocrisy (hyperbole).

ajax
Posts: 278
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:33 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby ajax » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:49 am

JenDarby wrote:
JCFindley wrote:
ajax wrote:Also, Fordham told a correspondent that they were not accepting applications, while telling an applicant they are. Sounds like an institution that places a high premium on integrity.


Slow news day for ya ajax?

ajax is still bitter about his rejection. It's not a shocker to me that a school might consider admitting someone with great credentials once the red tape deadline, they themselves set, has passed. Ajax, should a school accept your 163 because you applied before the deadline or should they accept someone who applied late with exceptional credentials. This isn't that complicated, or even scandalous to me, if schools were to do the latter.

A friend of mine got into BU after being rejected, due to an exceptional June retake. I was neither shocked, bitter, nor offended at the schools egregious hypocrisy (hyperbole).



I bet you 30,000 USD I was accepted. Please take that bet. PM me to pay up.

It's scandalous if they accept someone after the deadline after telling someone else they are not accepting applications. In fact, at a public school that would be borderline illegal. But you know that right Jen, because you're already in law school.

"(5) Does this behavior raise any potential legal liability? My correspondent who called the schools wonders if at least the public institutions in the group who told him he couldn’t apply, while telling the e-mailer he could, might be violating certain procedural norms to an extent that could be actionable. (There’s a nice little con law hypo)."

Fortunately for Fordham they are private. So they're welcome to preach ethical behavior while acting the opposite.

User avatar
Stringer6
Posts: 5865
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:45 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby Stringer6 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:54 am

ajax wrote:It's scandalous if they accept someone after the deadline after telling someone else they are not accepting applications. In fact, at a public school that would be borderline illegal. But you know that right Jen, because you're already in law school.


hahahahaha

so bitchy

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13286
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby JenDarby » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:55 am

ajax wrote:
JenDarby wrote:
JCFindley wrote:
ajax wrote:Also, Fordham told a correspondent that they were not accepting applications, while telling an applicant they are. Sounds like an institution that places a high premium on integrity.


Slow news day for ya ajax?

ajax is still bitter about his rejection. It's not a shocker to me that a school might consider admitting someone with great credentials once the red tape deadline, they themselves set, has passed. Ajax, should a school accept your 163 because you applied before the deadline or should they accept someone who applied late with exceptional credentials. This isn't that complicated, or even scandalous to me, if schools were to do the latter.

A friend of mine got into BU after being rejected, due to an exceptional June retake. I was neither shocked, bitter, nor offended at the schools egregious hypocrisy (hyperbole).



I bet you 30,000 USD I was accepted. Please take that bet. PM me to pay up.

It's scandalous if they accept someone after the deadline after telling someone else they are not accepting applications. In fact, at a public school that would be borderline illegal. But you know that right Jen, because you're already in law school.

"(5) Does this behavior raise any potential legal liability? My correspondent who called the schools wonders if at least the public institutions in the group who told him he couldn’t apply, while telling the e-mailer he could, might be violating certain procedural norms to an extent that could be actionable. (There’s a nice little con law hypo)."

Fortunately for Fordham they are private. So they're welcome to preach ethical behavior while acting the opposite.

You crack me up, in a way that makes me glad you won't be attending Fordham.

ajax
Posts: 278
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:33 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby ajax » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:56 am

Coming from you shill that means a lot.

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13286
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby JenDarby » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:57 am

ajax wrote:Coming from you shill that means a lot.

:lol:

You're really reaching these days.

ajax
Posts: 278
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:33 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby ajax » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:59 am

dingbat wrote:
ajax wrote:If anyone still wants to attend Fordham this fall, they are STILL accepting applications:

http://insidethelawschoolscam.blogspot.com/

So is Chicago, what's your point?


Ahh, so if one school is acting without integrity others should follow. Maybe you should tell that to Columbia.

The reasoning you displayed above is a major problem in our society.

ajax
Posts: 278
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:33 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby ajax » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:00 am

JenDarby wrote:
ajax wrote:Coming from you shill that means a lot.

:lol:

You're really reaching these days.


You aren't employed by Fordham?

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby dingbat » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:00 am

ajax wrote:It's scandalous if they accept someone after the deadline after telling someone else they are not accepting applications. In fact, at a public school that would be borderline illegal. But you know that right Jen, because you're already in law school.
questioning whether something might be illegal =/= borderline illegal

For that matter, what is "borderline illegal"?
In my opinion/experience something is either legal or illegal
(occasionally a situation has never been brought to trial and the statutes are not 100% clear, but that is just undefined)

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13286
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby JenDarby » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:01 am

ajax wrote:
JenDarby wrote:
ajax wrote:Coming from you shill that means a lot.

:lol:

You're really reaching these days.


You aren't employed by Fordham?

Not in the least. You really don't understand the purpose of this thread.

User avatar
20121109
Posts: 2149
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:19 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby 20121109 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:01 am

ajax wrote:
JenDarby wrote:
JCFindley wrote:
ajax wrote:Also, Fordham told a correspondent that they were not accepting applications, while telling an applicant they are. Sounds like an institution that places a high premium on integrity.


Slow news day for ya ajax?

ajax is still bitter about his rejection. It's not a shocker to me that a school might consider admitting someone with great credentials once the red tape deadline, they themselves set, has passed. Ajax, should a school accept your 163 because you applied before the deadline or should they accept someone who applied late with exceptional credentials. This isn't that complicated, or even scandalous to me, if schools were to do the latter.

A friend of mine got into BU after being rejected, due to an exceptional June retake. I was neither shocked, bitter, nor offended at the schools egregious hypocrisy (hyperbole).



I bet you 30,000 USD I was accepted. Please take that bet. PM me to pay up.

It's scandalous if they accept someone after the deadline after telling someone else they are not accepting applications. In fact, at a public school that would be borderline illegal. But you know that right Jen, because you're already in law school.

"(5) Does this behavior raise any potential legal liability? My correspondent who called the schools wonders if at least the public institutions in the group who told him he couldn’t apply, while telling the e-mailer he could, might be violating certain procedural norms to an extent that could be actionable. (There’s a nice little con law hypo)."

Fortunately for Fordham they are private. So they're welcome to preach ethical behavior while acting the opposite.


Ajax,

This is an admissions waiting thread; people want to discuss their acceptances, denials and waitlists without having someone shit on their school. If you want to engage in such dialogue, please do so in another thread.

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby dingbat » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:03 am

ajax wrote:
dingbat wrote:
ajax wrote:If anyone still wants to attend Fordham this fall, they are STILL accepting applications:

http://insidethelawschoolscam.blogspot.com/

So is Chicago, what's your point?


Ahh, so if one school is acting without integrity others should follow. Maybe you should tell that to Columbia.

The reasoning you displayed above is a major problem in our society.

Not reasoning, (nor discussing integrity) just wondering what makes Fordham special - still upset you didn't get the scholly a snowflake like you aught to be entitled to?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: curry4bfast, cyclawps, DrRighteous, fscow1022, hopes&dreams, ray.bee, ThorB and 18 guests