Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
DTDT

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby DTDT » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:53 pm

dingbat wrote:By the way, if anyone wants a cost-benefit analysis, just ask me - I'll give you a detailed breakdown, if you want
(and have the financial acumen to back it up)

Can you do one for me? 4 hours a night until 2016? :)

TLSwag

Postby TLSwag » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:56 pm

ajax wrote:
dingbat wrote:
ajax wrote:^Says the sheep to the other sheep on the way to the slaughterhouse.

34 of your last 36 posts were about Fordham - obsessing much?
Did they ever accept you off the waitlist?

Yes, but I deferred because they didn't offer any aid. I just cannot afford sticker, and I am surprised that so many others can.

Honestly, I am angry at the droves of sheep who pay sticker like it's no big deal, when employment statistics, and cost of living in NYC, clearly show that the cost/benefit of attending Fordham at sticker is not worth it. This unlimited demand that these sheep are providing is keeping the cost of Fordham up, and the availability of aid down.

Because I have not been offered any aid, I will be forced to continue to defer until I build up enough savings, or until Fordham is finally forced to offer more aid because of lack of demand. With my posts I am trying to be an active member in curtailing demand. If applications continue to fall at Fordham, there will be a higher chance of me receiving aid in the next cycle.

Yes, I have a personal stake in fewer people attending Fordham this year, and next, and all the years after that until I finally receive some aid. However, I wouldn't be deferring if I thought Fordham at sticker was a good deal. So what does that say? Either I am wrong, and Fordham at sticker is worth pursuing, or all of you who keep debating with me are wrong. Clearly in this thread, you will gang up and say I am in the wrong.

Regardless, I do wish everyone here the best of luck. Unfortunately, because of the employment statistics reported by Fordham to the ABA, and the cost of full tuition, many of you will end up in debt that you cannot repay. I am sorry. But I am not sorry for voicing my opinion.

angry or jealous???

TLSwag

Postby TLSwag » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:01 pm

Yes, there are other ways to repay, but the majority of this fall's entering class will be paying sticker. So, for the majority of your peers, as you just said, Fordham is not worth it at 200k.

As far as why I am in this thread, please see my recent post. I am here because I too want to attend Fordham, but was not offered any aid. I am hoping that by making my voice heard to others paying sticker, demand to attend Fordham will subside until the school is forced to offer more aid. More aid not just to me, but for everyone else who wants to attend Fordham, but isn't insane enough to pay sticker.

u didnt get aid cuz u didnt deserve any bro, shoulda scored higher on ur LSAT / retaken .. lol at 163s thinking they deserve aid from fordham, i got a 166 didnt expect any aid when i got accepted, and guess what i did my research on TLS, retook and fordham will offer me a scholarship if i did better where i will weigh my options. thought that was very flexible and generous of them to consider
Last edited by TLSwag on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:25 pm

DTDT wrote:
dingbat wrote:By the way, if anyone wants a cost-benefit analysis, just ask me - I'll give you a detailed breakdown, if you want
(and have the financial acumen to back it up)

Can you do one for me? 4 hours a night until 2016? :)

Judging by what you do for a living, I doubt you need me.
But, otherwise, just give me the details

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:02 am

ajax wrote:
JenDarby wrote:^ Says the 0L with a...163? trolling a law school waiting thread. It's a tough time to pursue a legal career (among others)? THIS IS ENTIRELY NEW INFORMATION. This is not unique to Fordham. Why don't you take your shit on the road and hit up all the other threads as well.

Says the 0L with a 167. You can take the LSAT more than once fyi.

However, please feel free to personally attack me instead of having a healthy debate on whether or not Fordham is worth over 150k tuition at sticker.

You did not help your case here. I PERSONALLY do not think anything outside HYS is really worth sticker. I say personally, because this is a personal decision. If you had a 167 you might actually get aid from Fordham. You recently did not dispute your 163. This means you would have had to take the June test to improve your score. I'm not even sure those scores are out yet, nor do I think a 167 would have earned you an immediate acceptance off the WL with a 3.3.

I have aid, I worked for years and stock piled cash. I personally would not be financially screwed if I DID pay sticker at Fordham and did not receive biglaw. Individuals have individual circumstances. That IF you were accepted to Fordham it would be a poor decision for you at sticker is an individual assessment. I would not brazenly tell people to attend Fordham at sticker, BUT if they feel that's the right decision I can accept they have their individual reasons.

Get over it and move on.

mijenks

Postby mijenks » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:47 am

Roll call: who's here?

I am!

B986

Postby B986 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:41 am

Not to be negative here, guys, but all of the bickering and other bs on this thread makes me wonder if the bulk of people who target Fordham tend to be nitpicky individuals who take themselves WAY too seriously. Dissecting every tiny component of others' dumb arguments and taking everything extremely personally and seriously. Yeesh. Everyone just take a few deep breaths and let's all agree to be nice to each other and get along!

tedalbany

Postby tedalbany » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:41 am

B986 wrote:Not to be negative here, guys, but all of the bickering and other bs on this thread makes me wonder if the bulk of people who target Fordham tend to be nitpicky individuals who take themselves WAY too seriously. Dissecting every tiny component of others' dumb arguments and taking everything extremely personally and seriously. Yeesh. Everyone just take a few deep breaths and let's all agree to be nice to each other and get along!

Yeah that's how it is here, but that's how it is everywhere. Welcome to the legal profession.

B986

Postby B986 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:45 am

tedalbany wrote:
B986 wrote:Not to be negative here, guys, but all of the bickering and other bs on this thread makes me wonder if the bulk of people who target Fordham tend to be nitpicky individuals who take themselves WAY too seriously. Dissecting every tiny component of others' dumb arguments and taking everything extremely personally and seriously. Yeesh. Everyone just take a few deep breaths and let's all agree to be nice to each other and get along!

Yeah that's how it is here, but that's how it is everywhere. Welcome to the legal profession.

I haven't seen this level of heated bickering and nitpicking on any other thread I've perused (and I've looked at a lot, since I applied to a stupidly high number of schools). I'm sure every law school is chock full of these types, but I've just been a bit taken aback at how hostile this forum has become. Everybody needs to relax.

SDPalmTree

Postby SDPalmTree » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:45 am

Eh, I just skip over the pages and pages of argumentation until I find a sane post. Also, there are going to be like 500 people attending Fordham in our year compared to the couple dozen posting here - don't sweat it.

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:55 am

B986 wrote:
tedalbany wrote:

I haven't seen this level of heated bickering and nitpicking on any other thread I've perused (and I've looked at a lot, since I applied to a stupidly high number of schools). I'm sure every law school is chock full of these types, but I've just been a bit taken aback at how hostile this forum has become. Everybody needs to relax.

Nearly everyone I know at Fordham is very laid back, including the "gunners."

Have fun at ASD! People likely won't show up, and they usually have extras either way, so you should be able to grab an extra tshirt at some point if you want!

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:12 pm

B986 wrote:
tedalbany wrote:

I think it's because Fordham has an inane amount of jilted lovers who come here and vent, which makes people who aren't annoyed at their (lack of) scholarship come to the defense of the school.

MrAnon

Postby MrAnon » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:56 pm

JenDarby wrote:
B986 wrote:
tedalbany wrote:

Nearly everyone I know at Fordham is very laid back, including the "gunners."

Have fun at ASD! People likely won't show up, and they usually have extras either way, so you should be able to grab an extra tshirt at some point if you want!

Very laid back or latently passive aggressive? Its a highly ranked law school in New York City that people target because they think its their best shot at a $160k job. People are all polite and cordial but I guarantee if there was a way to throw you under the bus that surefire would not come back to them they would use it. Also the haves and the have nots are pretty much set in their own camps after 1L anyway

TLSwag

Postby TLSwag » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:04 pm

dingbat wrote:
B986 wrote:
tedalbany wrote:

I think it's because Fordham has an inane amount of jilted lovers who come here and vent, which makes people who aren't annoyed at their (lack of) scholarship come to the defense of the school.

+1, dingbat nails it again

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:11 pm

TLSwag wrote:+1, dingbat nails it again

I may be batty, but I ain't stupid

baconcausescancer

Postby baconcausescancer » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:30 pm

Reading these posts from overseas. This thread's more exciting than the Starcraft/gaming channel I'm watching here and all the Diablo 3 that I'm playing (confessions of a gamer?)

Have fun at ASD. Definitely jealous of all the folks going :mrgreen:

jkong

Postby jkong » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:38 pm

SDPalmTree wrote:

Eh, I just skip over the pages and pages of argumentation until I find a sane post. Also, there are going to be like 500 people attending Fordham in our year compared to the couple dozen posting here - don't sweat it.

+1111 until I find a sane post.

ned

Postby ned » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:15 pm

I am not proud of yesterday's epistolary fisticuffs, but sometimes you gotta get down in the mud, fight for what's right.

As Hillel the Elder put it: "If I am not for myself, who will be? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?"

MrAnon

Postby MrAnon » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:18 pm

baconcausescancer wrote:Reading these posts from overseas. This thread's more exciting than the Starcraft/gaming channel I'm watching here and all the Diablo 3 that I'm playing (confessions of a gamer?)

guarantee you wont be jealous of 40% of them 36 months from now

Fujin11

Postby Fujin11 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:21 pm

MrAnon wrote:
baconcausescancer wrote:Reading these posts from overseas. This thread's more exciting than the Starcraft/gaming channel I'm watching here and all the Diablo 3 that I'm playing (confessions of a gamer?)

whats your excuse for being such a negative nancy? Are you an unemployed 3L (or at this point recent grad) or something?

TLSwag

Postby TLSwag » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:22 pm

MrAnon wrote:

only 40% coming from mr. anon himself?!? newfound optimism ? :D

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:23 pm

TLSwag wrote:
MrAnon wrote:

only 40% coming from mr. anon himself?!? newfound optimism ? :D

Ngb4a

Postby Ngb4a » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:28 am

I had a great time at ASD today, very impressed with the school and faculty I talked to. My mind would be made up if it hadn't been already.

Thoughts from anyone else?

MrAnon

Postby MrAnon » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:38 am

Ngb4a wrote:I had a great time at ASD today, very impressed with the school and faculty I talked to. My mind would be made up if it hadn't been already.

Did they talk about what the 40% are doing or was that unpleasant information omitted?

law2015

Postby law2015 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:14 am

MrAnon wrote:
Ngb4a wrote:I had a great time at ASD today, very impressed with the school and faculty I talked to. My mind would be made up if it hadn't been already.

Did they talk about what the 40% are doing or was that unpleasant information omitted?

No they didn't want to engage 0L into trolling and disputing the facts lol.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”