Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
snehpets
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby snehpets » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:09 pm

Killingly wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:
confusedlaw wrote:Just got in via email as well. No mention of scholarship info.

My scholarship info came via e-mail about 2 hours after the initial acceptance e-mail


According to their timeline, they'll either give me something on Monday or not at all.


I got in last week and haven't heard anything scholarship-wise. kind of surprised since i thought i had pretty good #s for a fordham scholarship.

confusedlaw
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby confusedlaw » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:22 pm

i got in over teh summer after my june lsat got 10 k offered so im hoping for morenow

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby Killingly » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:24 pm

snehpets wrote:
Killingly wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:
confusedlaw wrote:Just got in via email as well. No mention of scholarship info.

My scholarship info came via e-mail about 2 hours after the initial acceptance e-mail


According to their timeline, they'll either give me something on Monday or not at all.


I got in last week and haven't heard anything scholarship-wise. kind of surprised since i thought i had pretty good #s for a fordham scholarship.


Did you get your acceptance folder? Mine had a letter that I would find out scholly info within two weeks of receiving that letter (printed 11/28). I'd be honestly surprised if you didn't get anything, Snehpets.

User avatar
butchcassidy
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:33 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby butchcassidy » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:39 am

In via email

snehpets
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby snehpets » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:49 am

Killingly wrote:
snehpets wrote:
I got in last week and haven't heard anything scholarship-wise. kind of surprised since i thought i had pretty good #s for a fordham scholarship.


Did you get your acceptance folder? Mine had a letter that I would find out scholly info within two weeks of receiving that letter (printed 11/28). I'd be honestly surprised if you didn't get anything, Snehpets.


Nah, I think the folder was mailed on the 5th, so hopefully soon. I'd be surprised if you didn't get anything as well though, and it's been almost two weeks. Maybe they're low on scholarship money? Seems odd though, you have good numbers. Maybe they wait till right before the deadline and/or are behind.

User avatar
Elendil
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby Elendil » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:34 am

snehpets wrote:
Killingly wrote:
snehpets wrote:
I got in last week and haven't heard anything scholarship-wise. kind of surprised since i thought i had pretty good #s for a fordham scholarship.


Did you get your acceptance folder? Mine had a letter that I would find out scholly info within two weeks of receiving that letter (printed 11/28). I'd be honestly surprised if you didn't get anything, Snehpets.


Nah, I think the folder was mailed on the 5th, so hopefully soon. I'd be surprised if you didn't get anything as well though, and it's been almost two weeks. Maybe they're low on scholarship money? Seems odd though, you have good numbers. Maybe they wait till right before the deadline and/or are behind.


I'm well above both 75ths and I haven't heard anything regarding merit awards yet either (Admit 12/2)... I'm guessing that we'll hear within a week or so, since the letter in the acceptance packet says to give them two weeks.

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby Killingly » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:36 am

Elendil wrote:
snehpets wrote:
Killingly wrote:
snehpets wrote:
I got in last week and haven't heard anything scholarship-wise. kind of surprised since i thought i had pretty good #s for a fordham scholarship.


Did you get your acceptance folder? Mine had a letter that I would find out scholly info within two weeks of receiving that letter (printed 11/28). I'd be honestly surprised if you didn't get anything, Snehpets.


Nah, I think the folder was mailed on the 5th, so hopefully soon. I'd be surprised if you didn't get anything as well though, and it's been almost two weeks. Maybe they're low on scholarship money? Seems odd though, you have good numbers. Maybe they wait till right before the deadline and/or are behind.


I'm well above both 75ths and I haven't heard anything regarding merit awards yet either (Admit 12/2)... I'm guessing that we'll hear within a week or so, since the letter in the acceptance packet says to give them two weeks.


Fordham is being super weird this cycle. Waitlisting people that should be admitted and not giving people monies.

tennisking88
Posts: 655
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:15 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby tennisking88 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:51 am

Elendil wrote:
snehpets wrote:
Killingly wrote:
snehpets wrote:
Did you get your acceptance folder? Mine had a letter that I would find out scholly info within two weeks of receiving that letter (printed 11/28). I'd be honestly surprised if you didn't get anything, Snehpets.


Nah, I think the folder was mailed on the 5th, so hopefully soon. I'd be surprised if you didn't get anything as well though, and it's been almost two weeks. Maybe they're low on scholarship money? Seems odd though, you have good numbers. Maybe they wait till right before the deadline and/or are behind.


I'm well above both 75ths and I haven't heard anything regarding merit awards yet either (Admit 12/2)... I'm guessing that we'll hear within a week or so, since the letter in the acceptance packet says to give them two weeks.


Fordham is being super weird this cycle. Waitlisting people that should be admitted and not giving people monies.


Same with GW

User avatar
alevin
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:30 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby alevin » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:55 am

If I am still complete and am getting worried I might not hear what I want, is it worth it to submit a Why X essay now? Or is it too late? I'm complete 11/8 and nothing since.

User avatar
cogitoergosum
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby cogitoergosum » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:31 pm

Anyone else into watching this new building go up? http://law.fordham.edu/alumni/11605.htm

It makes me like that Fordham that much more that the new building, which is supposed to be finished for our 3L year, looks amazing. Anyone else think it will give Fordham a little rankings boost? Its facilities can't have been doing much for it over the past decade...

confusedlaw
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby confusedlaw » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:47 pm

acceptnace letter was mailed today i live in nyc so hopefully soon

sfamor
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby sfamor » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:51 pm

In just now via email!! 164 LSAT, no gpa

User avatar
cogitoergosum
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby cogitoergosum » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:00 pm

sfamor wrote:In just now via email!! 164 LSAT, no gpa

What is no gpa?

Leighmak
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:04 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby Leighmak » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:03 pm

.
Last edited by Leighmak on Wed May 16, 2012 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JPudding
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:48 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby JPudding » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:17 pm

In via email! Super excited. This cycle is going much better than last year's

edit: for those wondering, I went complete 11/8
Last edited by JPudding on Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
luxxe
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby luxxe » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:38 pm

In today via email. Submitted 11/7. 169/4.0

mijenks
Posts: 191
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:36 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby mijenks » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:04 pm

Did you guys know Kathryn Espiritu (Fordham Admissions Director) tweets when Status Checkers are going to update?

@KathrynForLaw

Also, congratulations to all the recent admits.

sfamor
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby sfamor » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:07 pm

cogitoergosum wrote:
sfamor wrote:In just now via email!! 164 LSAT, no gpa

What is no gpa?[/quote
My undergrad school had a non- traditional grading system and we got evals instead of letter grades. I was worried it wouldnt look good to law schools but so far seems ok. This is my second acceptance. I believe I applied to Fordham 10/28

User avatar
cogitoergosum
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby cogitoergosum » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:21 pm

sfamor wrote:
cogitoergosum wrote:
sfamor wrote:In just now via email!! 164 LSAT, no gpa

What is no gpa?[/quote
My undergrad school had a non- traditional grading system and we got evals instead of letter grades. I was worried it wouldnt look good to law schools but so far seems ok. This is my second acceptance. I believe I applied to Fordham 10/28

Gotcha. Congrats!!

User avatar
luxxe
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby luxxe » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:47 pm

Scholarship email just came (2-3 hours after acceptance). $30k/year, no stipulations, etc etc.

Shit. I think I am high enough numbers-wise to get a scholarship but not so high that they think I will get substantial T14 money.

eta: Confirmed on LSN, at least by looking at the people who have already been admitted. The $90k total only went to people with 169-170 & 3.8+. No one with a higher LSAT seems to have gotten anything.

unitedfrutopia
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:30 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby unitedfrutopia » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:54 pm

Email scholarship came the same day as the admit packet. 15k/yr no stips.

confusedlaw
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby confusedlaw » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:10 pm

15 k a yer guaranteed

hdsoc
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:08 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby hdsoc » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:10 pm

I got 10K a year guaranteed. The email just came as I was writing my withdrawal email which is kind of awkward. Oh well. That's 10K more for somebody else here.

snehpets
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby snehpets » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:13 pm

email came right after admit packet. $30,000 a year with no stipulations. However, I'll prob withdraw so more money for all of you!

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby Killingly » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:24 pm

snehpets wrote:email came right after admit packet. $30,000 a year with no stipulations. However, I'll prob withdraw so more money for all of you!


Edit: Actually just got an email. $10k/year, no stips. :oops:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: carasrook, dsberkeley, Hopefullawkid2015, Long shot hero, mintchocolatechip, nerdylsat, proteinshake, Sawtooth and 24 guests