Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
psach44

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby psach44 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:34 am

I dont know...

I found Fordham to be very understanding and accomodating both with regards to money and with regards to schedule. I had originally applied for the night program and I was awared a merit scholarship. When I realized that going to school at nights was going to be too taxing, I emailed Fordham asking to switch to the day program.

Within a week, the notified me that my switch was not a problem and that I could let them know in the coming weeks which program I definitively wanted to attend. Additionally, they scaled my merit scholly and offered me more money for the FT. Really cool of them. Much appreciated.

PinkRevolver

Postby PinkRevolver » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:38 pm

Sooo June 1st came and went.....any more wait list movement?

JCFindley

Postby JCFindley » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:19 pm

PinkRevolver wrote:Sooo June 1st came and went.....any more wait list movement?

Technically, the deposit had to be postmarked by June 1st. I am sure most people pay online but they may be giving some time to get the deposits via mail. I mailed the first one myself though this one I paid via the web....

Just something to think about for the WLers, it may be a week after the first before you see movement generated by the deposit deadline.

Good luck to all.....

JC

swishin and dishin

Postby swishin and dishin » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:55 am

Just wondering if any of you plan on commuting from LI to school using the LIRR.
Looking for some people to bounce ideas around with in the mornings and some nights if anyone is interested.

Happy Endings

Postby Happy Endings » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:40 am

Hey guys...I know its been a while! Congrats to those accepted and that have made their deposits!
Still on the waitlist (applied in Sept->waitlisted Dec.1st). Just wanted to drop by and give those still waiting some encouragement: Stay positive and hold firm to what you want and believe you can achieve!! :)

"Now faith is the assurance that what we hope for will come about and the certainty that what we cannot see exists." Heb 11:1 (ISV)

DanSeiDan

Postby DanSeiDan » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:30 am

Did everyone get this email?

Greetings from the Fordham Law Office of Admissions!

Thank you for your continued patience throughout this process. Now that summer is soon to be upon us, there is a real possibility that we may be extending additional admissions offers. We have such dynamic candidates like you whom we are excited to add to our fall class, but unfortunately we cannot offer any merit scholarships to students admitted off the waitlist. In light of this information we would like to inquire if you would still be interested in enrolling at Fordham. We anticipate both day and evening openings.

Our Admissions Committee will be reviewing files over the next few weeks and looks forward to continuing our tradition of bringing together a brilliant, interesting and eclectic class. Please let me know at your earliest convenience if you would still like to be considered.

We look forward to hearing from you!
Best,
Kathryn

Lookingforanswers

Postby Lookingforanswers » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:38 am

DanSeiDan wrote:Did everyone get this email?

Thank you for your continued patience throughout this process. Now that summer is soon to be upon us, there is a real possibility that we may be extending additional admissions offers. We have such dynamic candidates like you whom we are excited to add to our fall class, but unfortunately we cannot offer any merit scholarships to students admitted off the waitlist. In light of this information we would like to inquire if you would still be interested in enrolling at Fordham. We anticipate both day and evening openings.

Our Admissions Committee will be reviewing files over the next few weeks and looks forward to continuing our tradition of bringing together a brilliant, interesting and eclectic class. Please let me know at your earliest convenience if you would still like to be considered.

Best,
Kathryn

not yet, when did you get yours?

JCFindley

Postby JCFindley » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:21 am

swishin and dishin wrote:Just wondering if any of you plan on commuting from LI to school using the LIRR.
Looking for some people to bounce ideas around with in the mornings and some nights if anyone is interested.

I will be commuting from Bayside Queens via the LIRR.....

DanSeiDan

Postby DanSeiDan » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:38 am

Lookingforanswers wrote:

Best,
Kathryn

Yesterday

30-Something

Postby 30-Something » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:51 am

DanSeiDan wrote:
Lookingforanswers wrote:

Best,
Kathryn

Yesterday

Nope, didn't get one. Despair sets in.

mcdeeremitch

Postby mcdeeremitch » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:59 am

30-Something wrote:
DanSeiDan wrote:
Lookingforanswers wrote:

Best,
Kathryn

Yesterday

+1

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:35 pm

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:37 pm

I wouldn't stress too much yet. I remember something similar happening my year, where I didn't receive such emails. I was still admitted from the WL.

jwsb777

Postby jwsb777 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:43 pm

JenDarby wrote:I wouldn't stress too much yet. I remember something similar happening my year, where I didn't receive such emails. I was still admitted from the WL.

That assuages some of the anxiety. Thank JenDarby!

Dislaw

Postby Dislaw » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:12 pm

JenDarby wrote:I wouldn't stress too much yet. I remember something similar happening my year, where I didn't receive such emails. I was still admitted from the WL.

JenDarby...with the save! Hope is alive!

DanSeiDan

Postby DanSeiDan » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:16 pm

Dislaw wrote:

I emailed her back saying I was still interested and got this in return....

Dear Daniel,

Thank you for your prompt response!

not sure how to read into this

SDPalmTree

Postby SDPalmTree » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:21 pm

DanSeiDan wrote:not sure how to read into this

Try not to. Just accept that they're happy that you got back to them quickly.

HopesandDreams

Postby HopesandDreams » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:25 pm

Maybe Fordham just sent out that email to prospectives who's stats were so strong that their decision to continue on the waitlist would be swayed by finding out that merit scholarships won't be available if admitted?...

manofjustice

Postby manofjustice » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:35 pm

30-Something wrote:
DanSeiDan wrote:
Lookingforanswers wrote:

Best,
Kathryn

Yesterday

Count yourself lucky. Fordham at sticker in this economy is suicide. And this application cycle has been absolute murder. Any school extending significant waitlist offers this late in the season has missed their admissions targets.

B986

Postby B986 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:59 pm

DanSeiDan wrote:
Dislaw wrote:

I emailed her back saying I was still interested and got this in return....

Dear Daniel,

Thank you for your prompt response!

not sure how to read into this

I got the same email and subsequent response. I also noticed my status checker updated to today's date, no clue if that bears any significance.

*Edited because I am paranoid FLS will know who I am based on my original post.

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:20 pm

manofjustice wrote:Any school extending significant waitlist offers this late in the season has missed their admissions targets.

Define significant.
Please keep in mind the situation of a school like Fordham.
They need to provide offers and estimate a yield. Bu the second deposit they'd like to firm up their numbers. If they're short X places, they can pull X off the waitlist
However, plenty of people who have paid a deposit already are on waitlists at T14 schools.
These schools are only now pulling from the waitlist.
So, if NYU pulls, say, 20 off the waitlist this week, 5 of which had deposited at Fordham, that could mean 5 new spots opening up.
Therefore, a school like Fordham would naturally have noticeably more waitlist movement than a T14

PinkRevolver

Postby PinkRevolver » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:39 pm

dingbat wrote:
manofjustice wrote:Any school extending significant waitlist offers this late in the season has missed their admissions targets.

Define significant.
Please keep in mind the situation of a school like Fordham.
They need to provide offers and estimate a yield. Bu the second deposit they'd like to firm up their numbers. If they're short X places, they can pull X off the waitlist
However, plenty of people who have paid a deposit already are on waitlists at T14 schools.
These schools are only now pulling from the waitlist.
So, if NYU pulls, say, 20 off the waitlist this week, 5 of which had deposited at Fordham, that could mean 5 new spots opening up.
Therefore, a school like Fordham would naturally have noticeably more waitlist movement than a T14

This isn't late in the season for wait lists...at least not Fordham's. When I spoke with them in April they said most wait list action would probably happen around June/July

Jimbola

Postby Jimbola » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:16 pm

I got the e-mail too. Said I was interested in the day program even though I applied for the evening program. We'll see....

cocoabean250

Postby cocoabean250 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:36 pm

Didn't get the e-mail :(

But I did have another reference letter sent to them like yesterday via e-mail, so maybe that counted as me still being interested? Let's hope so!

Good luck to everyone else waiting on the waitlist :)

Diceman102

Postby Diceman102 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:33 pm

Best,
Kathryn

I bet Fordham decided to send this e-mail to only those on the waitlist who haven't recently indicated their continued interest in remaining on the waitlist, and not to those who recently indicated their interest in remaining on the list. Cause why would Fordham send an email to ppl who recently indicated their continued interest to contact them again at their earliest convenience to indicate if they are still interested. But then again I could be wrong.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”