Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mag9

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby mag9 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:12 pm

In (I wasn't a WL'er). Good luck to everybody else!

Robespierre

Postby Robespierre » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:58 pm

rkh235 wrote:Heres the waitlist email...

Greetings from Fordham Law! The response to our initial offers of admission has been strong, but we do expect to make offers from our waitlist this year. We anticipate making a first round of offers in early May and will continue to keep you updated throughout the process.

If you have made alternate plans for the upcoming fall semester please let us know and we can withdraw you from continued consideration. Thank you for your patience and understanding throughout this process.

Warmly,
Kathryn Espiritu
Director of Admissions

As everyone in this thread probably knows, Fordham has already taken a smattering of people from the waitlist: http://fordham.lawschoolnumbers.com/app ... 1112/?&p=4
Now, they're coming out and saying they will be going to it further, in early May.
Clearly, they have room in the class. Their insistence that they've got "deposits aplenty" and "strong deposits" seems like they doth protest too much.

mcdeeremitch

Postby mcdeeremitch » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:04 pm

I've already sent two locis the second being just a couple of days ago....I dont think Im going to be able to make it down for a visit before late may at the earliest...Is there anything else I can do now or is it just a waiting game

cocoabean250

Postby cocoabean250 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:26 pm

mcdeeremitch wrote:I've already sent two locis the second being just a couple of days ago....I dont think Im going to be able to make it down for a visit before late may at the earliest...Is there anything else I can do now or is it just a waiting game

Same here. I think all we can do is wait and see what happens early May...done all that we can at this point

Lookingforanswers

Postby Lookingforanswers » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:02 pm

I emailed the Admissions office asking about what the time line and financial aid would be should we be admitted.

I was told that depending on when (if) we are offered admission. they said if it is earlier in the cycle of WL offers they give us two weeks to give an answer, but closer to orientation, it will obviously be less time.

In terms of financial aid, there will be little to no financial aid opportunities for wait list students this year, in terms of merit money. In terms of need based aid we can apply, but again, as it gets closer to the start of classes, that pool also dwindles.

I don't know if this makes a difference for anyone (It does not for me) but thought i would let people know.

mcdeeremitch

Postby mcdeeremitch » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:08 pm

Lookingforanswers wrote:I emailed the Admissions office asking about what the time line and financial aid would be should we be admitted.

I was told that depending on when (if) we are offered admission. they said if it is earlier in the cycle of WL offers they give us two weeks to give an answer, but closer to orientation, it will obviously be less time.

In terms of financial aid, there will be little to no financial aid opportunities for wait list students this year, in terms of merit money. In terms of need based aid we can apply, but again, as it gets closer to the start of classes, that pool also dwindles.

I don't know if this makes a difference for anyone (It does not for me) but thought i would let people know.

This can be a gift and a curse...i wouldnt mind the no merit money if I got need aid...Ive heard that fordham is very generous in this area and some people have gotten their merit aid doubled by need aid...neither of my other schools in consideration give need aid so it might actually match my other schollys

hadisious

Postby hadisious » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:28 pm

mcdeeremitch wrote:
Lookingforanswers wrote:I emailed the Admissions office asking about what the time line and financial aid would be should we be admitted.

This can be a gift and a curse...i wouldnt mind the no merit money if I got need aid...Ive heard that fordham is very generous in this area and some people have gotten their merit aid doubled by need aid...neither of my other schools in consideration give need aid so it might actually match my other schollys

I'm not familiar with need-aid at fordham or how it works, is it a separate application beyond the FAFSA? Is this something we need to do prior to being admitted (also on WL)? Thanks.

mcdeeremitch

Postby mcdeeremitch » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:44 pm

hadisious wrote:
mcdeeremitch wrote:

I dont know a whole lot about it either so hopefully someone who is more familiar with can comment further but according to this link http://law.fordham.edu/financial-aid/20160.htm ...it seems like its a seperate application that you fill out once you have access to the admitted students website

I'm not familiar with need-aid at fordham or how it works, is it a separate application beyond the FAFSA? Is this something we need to do prior to being admitted (also on WL)? Thanks.

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:33 pm

hadisious wrote:
mcdeeremitch wrote:

From memory, I can tell you it's a separate form which I believe can only be accessed through the admitted student website
You will need to have completed your FAFSA and be prepared to send your and your parents tax returns

hadisious

Postby hadisious » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:35 pm

dingbat wrote:
hadisious wrote:
mcdeeremitch wrote:

From memory, I can tell you it's a separate form which I believe can only be accessed through the admitted student website
You will need to have completed your FAFSA and be prepared to send your and your parents tax returns

Thanks. I'll have my info ready to go.

AlexGrace

Postby AlexGrace » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:37 pm

Just withdrew... best of luck!

Diceman102

Postby Diceman102 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:16 pm

AlexGrace wrote:Just withdrew... best of luck!

Thanks! Best of luck in LS.

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:33 pm

Have fun throwing a toast onto the football field

AlexGrace

Postby AlexGrace » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:45 pm

dingbat wrote:

Have fun throwing a toast onto the football field

Haha thanks :-)

legallyblonde817

Postby legallyblonde817 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:47 pm

I know others have said this but for newcomers lookin for money info : this year it looks like the limit of aid is around 30k (merit and need inclusive) the fafsa determines how much federal loans you qualify for and that wont ask for your parents info and fordhams will look at theirs as it is certainly expected (regardless of whether they do or not) that they can offer a contribution

StarLightSpectre

Postby StarLightSpectre » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:15 pm

legallyblonde817 wrote:I know others have said this but for newcomers lookin for money info : this year it looks like the limit of aid is around 30k (merit and need inclusive) the fafsa determines how much federal loans you qualify for and that wont ask for your parents info and fordhams will look at theirs as it is certainly expected (regardless of whether they do or not) that they can offer a contribution

Thanks for the info!

britts

Postby britts » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:26 pm

My application just went complete again, for the second time. I hope that means I can expect a decision this week! :shock:

luuma

Postby luuma » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:07 pm

britts wrote:My application just went complete again, for the second time. I hope that means I can expect a decision this week! :shock:

Mine too.. Good God it's been 8 weeks, I have my first deposit due on Friday. I need to know!!!

JCFindley

Postby JCFindley » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:35 pm

luuma wrote:
britts wrote:My application just went complete again, for the second time. I hope that means I can expect a decision this week! :shock:

Mine too.. Good God it's been 8 weeks, I have my first deposit due on Friday. I need to know!!!

And Mine......

And I can't seem to get logged into Twitter to do any Twitter stalking....

britts

Postby britts » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:53 pm

JCFindley wrote:
luuma wrote:

And Mine......

I just checked...Espiritu hasn't tweeted anything relevant at all today, just a tweet about the Yankees yesterday. HOpefully that means they are busy looking at our applications and making decisions.

JCFindley

Postby JCFindley » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:35 pm

britts wrote:
JCFindley wrote:
luuma wrote:

And Mine......

I just checked...Espiritu hasn't tweeted anything relevant at all today, just a tweet about the Yankees yesterday. HOpefully that means they are busy looking at our applications and making decisions.

Thanks.....

luuma

Postby luuma » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:11 am

For those who were accepted/got a response. How many times did your application say it was complete? I'm on my second "complete".

swishin and dishin

Postby swishin and dishin » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:03 am

Hey everyone,

Just wondering if any of you guys plan on doing the Law Preview course at NYU. The package they sent out includes that it will be $100 cheaper for Fordham students, so curious if you guys think it will be worth while.

Part of me knows they are just playing off of the fears of 0Ls, and the other part of me is just afraid :D

Let me know if any of you guys plan on signing up -- btw sign up by May 1 and save an additional $200

luuma

Postby luuma » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:39 pm

Espiritu's Twitter: "We're making the final push here in @FLSAdmissions! 8% left of the pool to read. Decisions out shortly."

britts

Postby britts » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:51 pm

luuma wrote:Espiritu's Twitter: "We're making the final push here in @FLSAdmissions! 8% left of the pool to read. Decisions out shortly."

EEEK. Good luck, everybody.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”