Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
cogitoergosum
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby cogitoergosum » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:45 pm

Definitely hoping for the best for everyone still waiting, but as I'm reading Espiritu's post, it looks like she's telegraphing that they won't be making a lot more offers (?). Generally speaking, I think more deposits = fewer new offers. :?

User avatar
BigRed2009
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:49 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby BigRed2009 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:50 pm

cogitoergosum wrote:Definitely hoping for the best for everyone on the WL, but as I'm reading Espiritu's post, it looks like she's telegraphing that they won't be making tons of WL offers (?). Generally speaking, I think more deposits = fewer WL offers. :?


Then again it's a tweet :D . We'd be thinking and feeling the same thing if she just wrote WL info tomorrow. Just can hope for the best.

User avatar
StarLightSpectre
Posts: 339
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby StarLightSpectre » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:02 pm

CLW8131 wrote:what does that mean for those of us who havent heard back initially yet?!



!

User avatar
fltanglab
Posts: 555
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:44 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby fltanglab » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:10 pm

cogitoergosum wrote:Definitely hoping for the best for everyone still waiting, but as I'm reading Espiritu's post, it looks like she's telegraphing that they won't be making a lot more offers (?). Generally speaking, I think more deposits = fewer new offers. :?


I completely agree with this interpretation. I'm not expecting anything but the worst now. Oh well.

User avatar
cogitoergosum
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby cogitoergosum » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:20 pm

fltanglab wrote:
cogitoergosum wrote:Definitely hoping for the best for everyone still waiting, but as I'm reading Espiritu's post, it looks like she's telegraphing that they won't be making a lot more offers (?). Generally speaking, I think more deposits = fewer new offers. :?


I completely agree with this interpretation. I'm not expecting anything but the worst now. Oh well.

But by way of encouragement, even if this is correct, there may still be a good number who go on to enroll elsewhere!

mcdeeremitch
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:16 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby mcdeeremitch » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:22 pm

fltanglab wrote:
cogitoergosum wrote:Definitely hoping for the best for everyone still waiting, but as I'm reading Espiritu's post, it looks like she's telegraphing that they won't be making a lot more offers (?). Generally speaking, I think more deposits = fewer new offers. :?


I completely agree with this interpretation. I'm not expecting anything but the worst now. Oh well.


Im thinking the same thing but it could also be good because why not just send the letter saying very limited wl spots instead of also posting something on twitter...seems like it would be pretty cruel

User avatar
fltanglab
Posts: 555
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:44 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby fltanglab » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:24 pm

mcdeeremitch wrote:
fltanglab wrote:
cogitoergosum wrote:Definitely hoping for the best for everyone still waiting, but as I'm reading Espiritu's post, it looks like she's telegraphing that they won't be making a lot more offers (?). Generally speaking, I think more deposits = fewer new offers. :?


I completely agree with this interpretation. I'm not expecting anything but the worst now. Oh well.


Im thinking the same thing but it could also be good because why not just send the letter saying very limited wl spots instead of also posting something on twitter...seems like it would be pretty cruel


She said there would be an update tomorrow, so that could be the email follow-up to a twitter warning. I'm pretty sure the email tomorrow will be something like, we anticipate accepting x off the WL and we'll let you know by y.

rkh235
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby rkh235 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:33 pm

At the same time, no law school will ever say, "hey guys didnt get many deposits, WL candidates its open game for you kids"

Trying to stay positive. Plus when i spoke to an admissions officer she said this year all law schools have hit record highs in size of their WL which Fordham interprets is going to mean there will be a lot of movement all the way up until orientation

User avatar
BigRed2009
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:49 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby BigRed2009 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:38 pm

rkh235 wrote:At the same time, no law school will ever say, "hey guys didnt get many deposits, WL candidates its open game for you kids"

Trying to stay positive. Plus when i spoke to an admissions officer she said this year all law schools have hit record highs in size of their WL which Fordham interprets is going to mean there will be a lot of movement all the way up until orientation


+1

I completely agree. I don't expect decisions tomorrow. Just a WL update.

chemE_envlaw
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:02 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby chemE_envlaw » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:48 pm

Well I couldn't bring myself to actively withdraw (NYC...:( ) but I did let deposit day pass so that's one spot freed up!

User avatar
hadisious
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:05 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby hadisious » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:52 pm

chemE_envlaw wrote:Well I couldn't bring myself to actively withdraw (NYC...:( ) but I did let deposit day pass so that's one spot freed up!

:-\ You should really withdraw officially...

rkh235
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby rkh235 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:01 pm

hadisious wrote:
chemE_envlaw wrote:Well I couldn't bring myself to actively withdraw (NYC...:( ) but I did let deposit day pass so that's one spot freed up!

:-\ You should really withdraw officially...


+1.

Word. Throw us WLers a bone

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13308
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby JenDarby » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:48 pm

I am just going to throw out a bit of hope - I was accepted 5/16/11 off the WL. nygrrl who regularly posts was also accepted mid may off the WL.

Not everyone who deposits attends, so seats will continue to open up even if they do fill all available seats.

User avatar
BigRed2009
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:49 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby BigRed2009 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:27 pm

rkh235 gave me an idea

*Sorry if the img size is too big :D

Image

User avatar
30-Something
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:21 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby 30-Something » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:50 pm

JenDarby wrote:I am just going to throw out a bit of hope - I was accepted 5/16/11 off the WL. nygrrl who regularly posts was also accepted mid may off the WL.

Not everyone who deposits attends, so seats will continue to open up even if they do fill all available seats.


Thanks for that Jen! I was oozing hope at the beginning of the WL journey... and the wait has slowly chipped away at it. Trying to get back on the positivity track!

User avatar
Happy Endings
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:46 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby Happy Endings » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:41 am

Fellow WLsers...I know the waiting has been hard and humbling...especially for a lot of us that truly look at Fordham as a dream we desperately wish will come true. Although hope is fleeting, please stay positive!! I have no doubt everyone here will go on and do incredible things...because you can!! Either way, it really has been wonderful getting to know some of you on here :)

To the Fordham law students (Jen, NYGrrrl, BLboss and Gemini 8) )...thank you guys for being available and for all your advice! I hope we all can take a page from your outlines and do the same for anxiously waiting 0Ls next year (where ever we may be...God willing at Fordham).




"Faith is the substance of things hoped for; the evidence of things unseen." Heb. 11:1
Last edited by Happy Endings on Tue May 01, 2012 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

rkh235
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby rkh235 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:57 am

hahahah big red, glad to inspire some humor in this sucky limbo. but it is also nice to hear that others have gotten off mid may. a friend of mine got off mid july last year- i hope my story is more the former than the latter. still, hearing all these stories does calm my nerves down quite a bit

until then, refreshing my gmail every five min...

User avatar
ned
Posts: 264
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:47 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby ned » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:09 am

For what it's worth, I think lots of WLs will be getting in, but not until May. I'm in at Fordham but wait listed at a couple of other schools that I'd probably attend if an offer is made. Those schools won't start looking at WLs until May. Then you'll see lots of movement here as the dominoes fall.

I know it's tough, I'm pulling my hair out too! I suggest any sort of 2-3 week long diversion you can really get into and stay away from the computer!

User avatar
cogitoergosum
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby cogitoergosum » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:30 am

ned wrote:For what it's worth, I think lots of WLs will be getting in, but not until May. I'm in at Fordham but wait listed at a couple of other schools that I'd probably attend if an offer is made. Those schools won't start looking at WLs until May. Then you'll see lots of movement here as the dominoes fall.

I know it's tough, I'm pulling my hair out too! I suggest any sort of 2-3 week long diversion you can really get into and stay away from the computer!

Yeah, I think this is right. There are lots of people talking about the potential impact the decrease in law school applicants could have upon this cycle (see this thread).

If all of the conjecture is correct, there could be lots of adjustments through the summer as schools go to waitlists more heavily, snatching up people who have already deposited elsewhere, which results in a lesser school going to its waitlist, which results in a still lesser school doing the same, and so on...

So don't despair just yet!!

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby dingbat » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:37 am

Well, I'm pulling for you all.
(but I won't be giving up my spot. Even if that purple place down a way pulls me off their waitlist)

superjohnnnn
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:31 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby superjohnnnn » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:51 am

Did anyone else on the WL get an "email update" as tweeted by espiritu?
I didn't.

mcdeeremitch
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:16 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby mcdeeremitch » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:53 am

superjohnnnn wrote:Did anyone else on the WL get an "email update" as tweeted by espiritu?
I didn't.


I dont think that email has gone out yet

rkh235
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby rkh235 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:08 am

mcdeeremitch wrote:
superjohnnnn wrote:Did anyone else on the WL get an "email update" as tweeted by espiritu?
I didn't.


I dont think that email has gone out yet



Not yet...

User avatar
BigRed2009
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:49 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby BigRed2009 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:22 pm

I'm thinking it'll go out by the end of the day.

britts
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:21 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby britts » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:31 pm

Ughhhh what does this all mean for those of us who haven't heard a peep from Fordham one way or the other?

I went complete on 3/13/12 and haven't heard anything since then, not even about the WL or anything. I'm so nervous.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”