AlexGrace wrote:dingbat wrote:AlexGrace wrote:I just sent my attempt at a merit negotiation email. I know it's pretty late, but I recently realized that I really don't want to leave NYC and was waitlisted at NYU last week. I tried to be as polite as possible, and I really hope I didn't come off as a jerk lol... We shall see!
Do you guys think I waited too long?
You should have waited another week. Once the deposit deadline rolls in, they'll know if they have a shortage of high GPAs (which you could boost)
I was under the impression that after the deadline passed and I did not put a deposit down, my appliciation was "closed" or something to that effect... Is this way off base?
My understanding is that your seat is not reserved until you put in a deposit. If they want to give your slot to someone else, they can, but they probably won't. Either way, you can place a deposit while and still withdraw if you get in at NYU, losing the $400. Do they make you accept the merit scholarship before placing a deposit?