Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Happy Endings

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby Happy Endings » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:28 am

Dingbat, those are west african countries...start with the Horn of Africa:)
Gemini, NYGRRL, Onceuponamemo etc...you guys are incredible for all the feedback you give those still anxiously (and hopefully) waiting!!!

Waitlisted 12/1/11. For those still waiting on this forum, you know what I am going to say....HANG IN THERE AND STAY POSITIVE!!! :D

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:44 am

Happy Endings wrote:Dingbat, those are west african countries...start with the Horn of Africa:)
Gemini, NYGRRL, Onceuponamemo etc...you guys are incredible for all the feedback you give those still anxiously (and hopefully) waiting!!!

Waitlisted 12/1/11. For those still waiting on this forum, you know what I am going to say....HANG IN THERE AND STAY POSITIVE!!! :D

Oops - I guess i got to work on my reading skills. Sorry.
I'm not gonna guess again and embarrass myself further. I will say there used to be an excellent ethiopian restaurant on east 71st street - I wonder if it's still open?

Happy Endings

Postby Happy Endings » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:52 am

No worries....part of understanding is learning from error:) I see where your going with your guess and restaurant mention....clever :wink:

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:16 am

Happy Endings wrote:No worries....part of understanding is learning from error:) I see where your going with your guess and restaurant mention....clever :wink:

Not trying to guess - just remembering.
My brother lives down the street from an Etruscan restaurant, but the food there is no good.
(I love eating different varieties of food, so these things stick in my head)

B986

Postby B986 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:34 am

12/8 WL here. I'm trying to plan a visit to Fordham in the coming weeks. It seems unlikely they will be reevaluating the WL prior to the first deposit date, though I am just speculating. Can someone tell me when the deposit date is? I'd like to visit around that time. Does anyone have any additional advice regarding visiting (meeting with someone in Admissions, what to bring, what to expect, how to prepare, etc.)?

junior_y_u

Postby junior_y_u » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:30 pm

B986 wrote:12/8 WL here. I'm trying to plan a visit to Fordham in the coming weeks. It seems unlikely they will be reevaluating the WL prior to the first deposit date, though I am just speculating. Can someone tell me when the deposit date is? I'd like to visit around that time. Does anyone have any additional advice regarding visiting (meeting with someone in Admissions, what to bring, what to expect, how to prepare, etc.)?

I'm not sure when the deposit deadline is for Fordham, but for some other schools its april 16, so i imagine it can't be too far off. As for the visit itself, you can bring anything you think may be relevant, for example I brought them a copy of my updated transcript, you might have a most recent resume you’d like to give to them. They have an open door policy at the admissions office and are really helpful and friendly to visiting applicants. When I visited they were actually in a meeting, but I explained that I was from Canada and had a flight to catch they met me right away, and were very open and helpful in answering questions.

30-Something

Postby 30-Something » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:21 pm

junior_y_u wrote:
B986 wrote:12/8 WL here. I'm trying to plan a visit to Fordham in the coming weeks. It seems unlikely they will be reevaluating the WL prior to the first deposit date, though I am just speculating. Can someone tell me when the deposit date is? I'd like to visit around that time. Does anyone have any additional advice regarding visiting (meeting with someone in Admissions, what to bring, what to expect, how to prepare, etc.)?

I'm not sure when the deposit deadline is for Fordham, but for some other schools its april 16, so i imagine it can't be too far off. As for the visit itself, you can bring anything you think may be relevant, for example I brought them a copy of my updated transcript, you might have a most recent resume you’d like to give to them. They have an open door policy at the admissions office and are really helpful and friendly to visiting applicants. When I visited they were actually in a meeting, but I explained that I was from Canada and had a flight to catch they met me right away, and were very open and helpful in answering questions.

Yep, the first deposit deadline is April 16th. When I called in and spoke to someone in admissions, I was told that the WLers would not be reviewed again until after 4/16. She was really helpful! :)

B986

Postby B986 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:28 pm

30-Something wrote:
junior_y_u wrote:

Yep, the first deposit deadline is April 16th. When I called in and spoke to someone in admissions, I was told that the WLers would not be reviewed again until after 4/16. She was really helpful! :)

Thanks for this info!!

mcdeeremitch

Postby mcdeeremitch » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:30 pm

Is anyone depositing at other schools and still riding out the fordham waitlist....my more than likely top choice outside of Fordham has a deposit due on 4/15..so I'm thinking I'll probably deposit then take the loss on it if I make it off the waitlist

cogitoergosum

Postby cogitoergosum » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:43 pm

mcdeeremitch wrote:Is anyone depositing at other schools and still riding out the fordham waitlist....my more than likely top choice outside of Fordham has a deposit due on 4/15..so I'm thinking I'll probably deposit then take the loss on it if I make it off the waitlist

I will likely be doing some of this. If you can afford to flush $500 or so, it might be worth it depending on your situation.

mcdeeremitch

Postby mcdeeremitch » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:48 pm

cogitoergosum wrote:
mcdeeremitch wrote:Is anyone depositing at other schools and still riding out the fordham waitlist....my more than likely top choice outside of Fordham has a deposit due on 4/15..so I'm thinking I'll probably deposit then take the loss on it if I make it off the waitlist

I will likely be doing some of this. If you can afford to flush $500 or so, it might be worth it depending on your situation.

my thougts exactly...schools aren't known to let an applicant push back deposit dates at all are they??

cogitoergosum

Postby cogitoergosum » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:53 pm

mcdeeremitch wrote:
cogitoergosum wrote:

my thougts exactly...schools aren't known to let an applicant push back deposit dates at all are they??

Umm, I think I have heard of this happening, might be worth asking the school? Anyone else know more about this?

30-Something

Postby 30-Something » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:02 pm

B986 wrote:
30-Something wrote:
junior_y_u wrote:

Thanks for this info!!

You're welcome and good luck!!

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:05 pm

mcdeeremitch wrote:
cogitoergosum wrote:

No, you cannot push the deposit date back, but if you miss the deposit date, you're not automatically out. You may lose your spot depending on how long you wait and how bad/well the general response is. Remember, schools send more acceptances than they have places, knowing that many won't come. If their yield is less than normal, you'd have no problem, but if the yield is exceptionally high, you'll be out of luck.
Alternatively, many schools will refund part of your deposit, depending on when you withdraw.
This information should be available on their website, if not in your offer packet.

mcdeeremitch

Postby mcdeeremitch » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:07 pm

dingbat wrote:
mcdeeremitch wrote:
cogitoergosum wrote:

No, you cannot push the deposit date back, but if you miss the deposit date, you're not automatically out. You may lose your spot depending on how long you wait and how bad/well the general response is. Remember, schools send more acceptances than they have places, knowing that many won't come. If their yield is less than normal, you'd have no problem, but if the yield is exceptionally high, you'll be out of luck.
Alternatively, many schools will refund part of your deposit, depending on when you withdraw.
This information should be available on their website, if not in your offer packet.

Thanks....I've been reading through other threads on here where a lot of people have successfully gotten their deposit deadlines extened so I think I am going to email the school laer and see if it will work for me as well

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:02 pm

I will say this on the subject: I was deposited at WUSTL, and when I made it off the Fordham WL I had a short deadline so I just deposited here as well.

I never solicited more money from WUSTL, and when they saw I deposited at Fordham they sent me an email and gave me 15k more.

Also, some schools WILL let you extend a deposit deadline. It's no worse than giving you more money to get you to go there if they want your numbers.

PinkRevolver

Postby PinkRevolver » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:57 am

Yea...im on the wait list right now :( ....just sent in my LOCI monday. I'm gonna go visit them Friday in hopes it will let someone know I'm serious. I'm in at American with money, but I want to practice in NYC so Fordham is my top choice. If I'm not off the wait-list by American's deadline, I'm gonna have to pay that deposit ($900 kill me now). But best believe I will hightail it back home to NY even if I'm at American orientation in August and get my notification that I'm off the wait-list. Sigh...a girl can dream.

Happy Endings

Postby Happy Endings » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:20 am

Happy International Woman's Day!! :) The theme this year is about empowering rural women- ending hunger and poverty. The UN started yesterday, but it is still important to note that there are certain areas around the globe...where abuse of women is commonplace, dignity is remorselessly stripped and equality is disregarded.

For more information, go to --LinkRemoved-- and consider making a donation :)

Robst

Postby Robst » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:37 pm

Robst wrote:
sungyeonh wrote:Status changed to complete again today. 1/10, 2/9, 2/21. Are three complete(s) normal? Hoping for some good news soon. Anyone else have three?

anyone with these dates hear any news yet?

mcdeeremitch

Postby mcdeeremitch » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:41 pm

I definately made the right decision to send my loci to K. Espiritu...got a real nice respsonse within 7 minutes...beats the three weeks it takes some other schools to answer my simple questions

kmatz311

Postby kmatz311 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:59 pm

mcdeeremitch wrote:I definately made the right decision to send my loci to K. Espiritu...got a real nice respsonse within 7 minutes...beats the three weeks it takes some other schools to answer my simple questions

Do you mean by mail or email? Curious to hear how that went for you and what kind of response you got. I'm WL'd on 12/8 and waiting until after 4/16 sounds devastating.

mcdeeremitch

Postby mcdeeremitch » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:08 pm

kmatz311 wrote:
mcdeeremitch wrote:I definately made the right decision to send my loci to K. Espiritu...got a real nice respsonse within 7 minutes...beats the three weeks it takes some other schools to answer my simple questions

Do you mean by mail or email? Curious to hear how that went for you and what kind of response you got. I'm WL'd on 12/8 and waiting until after 4/16 sounds devastating.

I emailed it to her,,got a resonse very quickly saying thanks for sending and they would add it my file ....yeah 4/16 sounds daunting..but the more and more this cycle has gone ive fell in in love with Fordham so Im going to try and do everything to get off the wl

BigBlueLaw

Postby BigBlueLaw » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:18 pm

I emailed admissions recently to ask for merit aid and was denied. I leveraged money from BU and BC and got nothing. Just wondering if it's worth waiting it out a little longer to try again or to just withdraw right now.

30-Something

Postby 30-Something » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:24 pm

mcdeeremitch wrote:
kmatz311 wrote:

I emailed it to her,,got a resonse very quickly saying thanks for sending and they would add it my file ....yeah 4/16 sounds daunting..but the more and more this cycle has gone ive fell in in love with Fordham so Im going to try and do everything to get off the wl

Yep, Kathryn is pretty awesome. She's uber-responsive and always comes across as happy to help.

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:34 pm

BigBlueLaw wrote:I emailed admissions recently to ask for merit aid and was denied. I leveraged money from BU and BC and got nothing. Just wondering if it's worth waiting it out a little longer to try again or to just withdraw right now.

I'm surprised you got nothing. You got a good offer from BU - the smart move would be to take it.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”