Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
junior_y_u

New

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Post by junior_y_u » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:03 pm

I met with Kate Cunningham when I visited two weeks ago and sent her a followup email/LOCI right away...i didnt cc the admissions office and havent heard back from Kate..should I send a separate email directly to the admissions office?

thanks

Cardboardbox

Bronze

Post by Cardboardbox » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:21 pm

junior_y_u wrote:I met with Kate Cunningham when I visited two weeks ago and sent her a followup email/LOCI right away...i didnt cc the admissions office and havent heard back from Kate..should I send a separate email directly to the admissions office?

thanks
I'd suggest keeping it cool and waiting a few more weeks. For me personally, I was WLed if I recall sometime in Jan/Feb? Maybe even later not exactly sure (I'm a 2L at Fordham now fyi, so this was a couple of years back) and I legit sent them I believe 3 LOCI and stopped by the admissions office I believe at least twice. Needless to say, I really wanted to get in haha and well, it paid off. So definitely keep trying but if you're sending LOCI I'd suggest waiting a good month/month and a half at least between each.

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:30 pm

Lawbro wrote:Now I wish I could go to the ASD this weekend, I wanna rock the shirt
This is really late but you probably wouldn't be able to rock it regardless....you literally have to wash it about 3-4 times to get the wrinkles out because it's shoved into the shape of a gavel :lol:

dingbat

Gold

Post by dingbat » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:13 pm

Gotti wrote:
Lawbro wrote:Now I wish I could go to the ASD this weekend, I wanna rock the shirt
This is really late but you probably wouldn't be able to rock it regardless....you literally have to wash it about 3-4 times to get the wrinkles out because it's shoved into the shape of a gavel :lol:
Yeah, unless by rocking it you mean you want it to look like a rock formation, you're gonna need to iron or wash it first

dingbat

Gold

Post by dingbat » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:15 pm

Cardboardbox wrote:
junior_y_u wrote:I met with Kate Cunningham when I visited two weeks ago and sent her a followup email/LOCI right away...i didnt cc the admissions office and havent heard back from Kate..should I send a separate email directly to the admissions office?

thanks
I'd suggest keeping it cool and waiting a few more weeks. For me personally, I was WLed if I recall sometime in Jan/Feb? Maybe even later not exactly sure (I'm a 2L at Fordham now fyi, so this was a couple of years back) and I legit sent them I believe 3 LOCI and stopped by the admissions office I believe at least twice. Needless to say, I really wanted to get in haha and well, it paid off. So definitely keep trying but if you're sending LOCI I'd suggest waiting a good month/month and a half at least between each.
I agree. If you sent the letter to Kate, it'll be received and added to the file.
Feel free to ask her to confirm receipt, but that's about it.
Having legitimate reasons for further contact is good, but don't be a pest.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mcdeeremitch

Bronze

Post by mcdeeremitch » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:43 pm

Need some more advice: My LOCI is almost tidied up and ready to send..right now the first half is a why Fordham and the second half is an update on what I have been up to since graduating...however with both of them it is over 1 1/2 pages. Should I just send the why fordham LOCI and then send the update one in about few weeks or just keep them together?

Diceman102

New

Post by Diceman102 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:03 pm

Hey guys. Is it best to send LOCI via regular mail or e-mail to Fordham? I know some schools have gone "paper-less" and don't like receiving stuff via regular mail, and sometimes might not take the time to upload the letter to your electronic application. Not sure if Fordham has gone paper-less?

dingbat

Gold

Post by dingbat » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:08 pm

mcdeeremitch wrote:Need some more advice: My LOCI is almost tidied up and ready to send..right now the first half is a why Fordham and the second half is an update on what I have been up to since graduating...however with both of them it is over 1 1/2 pages. Should I just send the why fordham LOCI and then send the update one in about few weeks or just keep them together?
I can't get into the content (don't know what it says) but I'd wait a week or two regardless.
The February LSAT scores are due to be released tomorrow, so for the next several days admissions will be sorting through those.
Ideally youd want your LOCI to hit just as they finish reviewing those and are about to start re-reading the waitlist. As you don't have a crystal ball and won't know the exact day that'll happen, your best bet would be to just hazard a guess (I say 10 calendar days from when the LSATs are released - but my guess is no better than yours)

On a separate note, I don't see any problem with a LOCI being 1 1/2 pages, as long as its relevant and useful.
Don't wax poetic about Fordham's location, that can be summed up in half a sentence, but if there are matters that validly take up a lot of space (of there are a lot of matters) then so be it.

dingbat

Gold

Post by dingbat » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:08 pm

Diceman102 wrote:Hey guys. Is it best to send LOCI via regular mail or e-mail to Fordham? I know some schools have gone "paper-less" and don't like receiving stuff via regular mail, and sometimes might not take the time to upload the letter to your electronic application. Not sure if Fordham has gone paper-less?
Email

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mcdeeremitch

Bronze

Post by mcdeeremitch » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:10 pm

dingbat wrote:
mcdeeremitch wrote:Need some more advice: My LOCI is almost tidied up and ready to send..right now the first half is a why Fordham and the second half is an update on what I have been up to since graduating...however with both of them it is over 1 1/2 pages. Should I just send the why fordham LOCI and then send the update one in about few weeks or just keep them together?
I can't get into the content (don't know what it says) but I'd wait a week or two regardless.
The February LSAT scores are due to be released tomorrow, so for the next several days admissions will be sorting through those.
Ideally youd want your LOCI to hit just as they finish reviewing those and are about to start re-reading the waitlist. As you don't have a crystal ball and won't know the exact day that'll happen, your best bet would be to just hazard a guess (I say 10 calendar days from when the LSATs are released - but my guess is no better than yours)

On a separate note, I don't see any problem with a LOCI being 1 1/2 pages, as long as its relevant and useful.
Don't wax poetic about Fordham's location, that can be summed up in half a sentence, but if there are matters that validly take up a lot of space (of there are a lot of matters) then so be it.
Thanks Dingbat..I think it has some substance..I talk for about two paragraphs about a couple clinics and centers that I am intersted in and the faculuty a bit

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:17 pm

Is there an ASD right now? There are a lot of people in the atrium. IDK why it would be on a Tuesday though

junior_y_u

New

Post by junior_y_u » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:30 pm

dingbat wrote:
Cardboardbox wrote:

thanks
I agree. If you sent the letter to Kate, it'll be received and added to the file.
Feel free to ask her to confirm receipt, but that's about it.
Having legitimate reasons for further contact is good, but don't be a pest.

Thank a lot guys! I actually just heard back from her...very relieved.... but I swear they monitor these forums...

dingbat

Gold

Post by dingbat » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:43 pm

junior_y_u wrote: Thank a lot guys! I actually just heard back from her...very relieved.... but I swear they monitor these forums...
be careful what you post...

That's why there are a lot of things I don't divulge - I'm a very unique candidate and would be easily identifiable if I let certain info slip

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

mcdeeremitch

Bronze

Post by mcdeeremitch » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:49 pm

My status checker app..just gave me an update but the only thing that changed was that my application was complete..the same thing it said last week when I was updated...wierd

30-Something

Bronze

Post by 30-Something » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:22 pm

mcdeeremitch wrote:My status checker app..just gave me an update but the only thing that changed was that my application was complete..the same thing it said last week when I was updated...wierd
Same thing just happened to me. Probably just a glitch.

Gemini

Gold

Post by Gemini » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:00 pm

junior_y_u wrote:
Thank a lot guys! I actually just heard back from her...very relieved.... but I swear they monitor these forums...
As a matter of fact they do. Which is why I'm publicly pulling for HAPPY ENDINGS to be accepted. :mrgreen:

dingbat

Gold

Post by dingbat » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:04 pm

Gemini wrote:
junior_y_u wrote:
As a matter of fact they do. Which is why I'm publicly pulling for HAPPY ENDINGS to be accepted. :mrgreen:
Me too. Unfortunately, I don't think there's enough information for her to be identified IRO her app. :idea:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

junior_y_u

New

Post by junior_y_u » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:52 pm

dingbat wrote:
Gemini wrote:
junior_y_u wrote:
Me too. Unfortunately, I don't think there's enough information for her to be identified IRO her app. :idea:

ahh fellow canadian...i hope they dont have a quota for that! :mrgreen:

Munchkin318

New

Post by Munchkin318 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:15 am

I was waitlisted 1/24, sent in a LOCI by mail 2 weeks later and an updated transcript and additional LOR through LSAC. Any ideas if I should be sending another LOCI soon or just waiting? Also, I mailed it from Canada, how do we know if they actually received it?

Happy Endings

New

Post by Happy Endings » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:35 am

dingbat wrote:
Gemini wrote:
Thank you guys!!! Oh, please start a campaign Gemini/Dingbat!!! :D :D In all seriousness, I truly feel that Fordham is the perfect fit for me and saying that Fordham is my first choice would simply be an understatement! Not to sound too dogmatic or preachy....but I am praying that they see in me what I see and feel so strongly about them. I really hope to attend and meet up with you wonderful people (a little bummed I missed the past ASD).

Dingbat...You're probably right. Maybe stating I'm originally from East Africa or mentioning the Inland Empire (SoCal) would help narrow it down?

Jr...Canadian, aye! Glad to see a fellow one here! I was beginning to feel like Robyn from How I Met Your Mother on this forum :P

ButwhereforeIknownot

New

Post by ButwhereforeIknownot » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:53 am

I'm waiting to hear from BC on scholarship info as well as from BU. If I get something substantial from either, will I be able to use it as leverage to get more money from Fordham (they've offered me 10K)?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

dingbat

Gold

Post by dingbat » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:02 am

ButwhereforeIknownot wrote:I'm waiting to hear from BC on scholarship info as well as from BU. If I get something substantial from either, will I be able to use it as leverage to get more money from Fordham (they've offered me 10K)?
You might, but I wouldn't bet on getting more than a $5k increase.
Fordham doesn't have a lot of money to go round and merit aid used purely to buy higher stats (LSAT/GPA), so they're not gonna give a big boost just because you got money from (arguably) comparable schools

dingbat

Gold

Post by dingbat » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:09 am

Happy Endings wrote: Thank you guys!!! Oh, please start a campaign Gemini/Dingbat!!! :D :D In all seriousness, I truly feel that Fordham is the perfect fit for me and saying that Fordham is my first choice would simply be an understatement! Not to sound too dogmatic or preachy....but I am praying that they see in me what I see and feel so strongly about them. I really hope to attend and meet up with you wonderful people (a little bummed I missed the past ASD).

Dingbat...You're probably right. Maybe stating I'm originally from East Africa or mentioning the Inland Empire (SoCal) would help narrow it down?
That should do the trick.
I'd hazard a guess and say either Liberia or (more likely) Cote d'Ivoir, but I'll just mind my own business

Happy Endings

New

Post by Happy Endings » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:28 am

Dingbat, those are west african countries...start with the Horn of Africa:)
Gemini, NYGRRL, Onceuponamemo etc...you guys are incredible for all the feedback you give those still anxiously (and hopefully) waiting!!!

Waitlisted 12/1/11. For those still waiting on this forum, you know what I am going to say....HANG IN THERE AND STAY POSITIVE!!! :D

dingbat

Gold

Post by dingbat » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:44 am

Happy Endings wrote:Dingbat, those are west african countries...start with the Horn of Africa:)
Gemini, NYGRRL, Onceuponamemo etc...you guys are incredible for all the feedback you give those still anxiously (and hopefully) waiting!!!

Waitlisted 12/1/11. For those still waiting on this forum, you know what I am going to say....HANG IN THERE AND STAY POSITIVE!!! :D
Oops - I guess i got to work on my reading skills. Sorry.
I'm not gonna guess again and embarrass myself further. I will say there used to be an excellent ethiopian restaurant on east 71st street - I wonder if it's still open?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”