Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby dingbat » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:54 pm

30-Something wrote:
Euroderivative wrote:Hi guys!

I'm still stuck at 2/6 Complete on my online status. Do people just get a Waitlist or Reject letter by snail mail, or does it show up on the online status first? I really dont want to get a surprise snail mail with a big fat DENY to start my morning off at work...

Thanks for your time! :mrgreen:


It's only been 3 weeks. A decision in that time frame is pretty rare. You're, most likely, going to get your decision via status checker. I got my WL notification via status checker on 2/14. I just got the snail mail follow up this past Saturday.


I went from Under Review to accepted in 2 days - but I was probably an auto-admit

mcdeeremitch
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:16 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby mcdeeremitch » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:56 pm

Did any one else get a decision today?

MsKhrystyna
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:04 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby MsKhrystyna » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:35 pm

mcdeeremitch wrote:
HeadToWall wrote:
MsKhrystyna wrote:In via email!


Wow, when Espiritu says shortly, Espiritu means it.

Congrats!


Congrats!! What were your complete dates??


Thanks! I just had one, 01/13

User avatar
SmbdyBringMeSomeHam
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:36 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby SmbdyBringMeSomeHam » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:31 pm

legallyblonde817 wrote:
OliveSnook wrote:Does anyone going want to do a TLS meet up for the Accepted Student day this weekend??

Yea it would be cool to meet you guys :)

Count me in :)

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby dingbat » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:38 pm

prosen5808 wrote: It's my only day in New York and I was thinking about leaving after the breakout sessions


dingbat wrote:To make good use of your time, after ASD, you should walk east untill you hit columbus circle, then head down broadway.
It'll take you to times square. A little further down you'll hit Macy's
Then, when you get to 34th street, head east, until you hit the empire state building. Go up if you want.
Then walk north along 5th avenue until you hit FAO Schwartz (play with the toys, you know you want to) and the apple store.
Then walk into central park, meander a while, then head back towards columbus circle.

After that, walk up Broadway, until you hit 70th street. Walk into Sabon (soap shop) and wash your hands. (no really)
Then get some hot dogs at gray's Papaya. Then walk up Columbus, about 2-3 blocks, enter Jacques Torres and get some hot chocolate for dessert. Now turn around and walk back down columbus and back to the law school to get back to where you started (if you want)

legallyblonde817
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:13 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby legallyblonde817 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:40 pm

SmbdyBringMeSomeHam wrote:
prosen5808 wrote:Anyone know if it's mandatory to stay for the whole day of ASD activities if you go? Or is it normal for people to leave a little early? It's my only day in New York and I was thinking about leaving after the breakout sessions (or at least before the wine/cheese reception) and was just wondering if anyone here has gone to one and left early??

You can stay for only part of it and then leave...e-mail them in advance if you're going to be late, though, so they know to expect you after sign-in/registration has ended. I don't see why you should have a problem leaving early, seeing as you've already been admitted to Fordham :) ASDs are more about the schools impressing the students than vice versa.



But whooooo could leave before wine and cheese.... its wine... and cheese... two of my favorite things... after pocketbooks and shoes of course...

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby dingbat » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:41 pm

SmbdyBringMeSomeHam wrote:
legallyblonde817 wrote:
OliveSnook wrote:Does anyone going want to do a TLS meet up for the Accepted Student day this weekend??

Yea it would be cool to meet you guys :)

Count me in :)


I'll be there and somewhat easy to spot

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby dingbat » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:43 pm

legallyblonde817 wrote:But whooooo could leave before wine and cheese.... its wine... and cheese... two of my favorite things


Did I mention that I like you, already?
(Yes, I know I did - but I just wanted to reiterate after seeing that comment)
Last edited by dingbat on Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

legallyblonde817
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:13 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby legallyblonde817 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:44 pm

dingbat wrote:
legallyblonde817 wrote:But whooooo could leave before wine and cheese.... its wine... and cheese... two of my favorite things... after pocketbooks and shoes of course...


Did I mention that I like you, already?
(Yes, I know I did - but I just wanted to reiterate after seeing that comment)


somehow i get the feeling were all gonna be best fraaaaaandddddds

User avatar
cogitoergosum
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby cogitoergosum » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:46 pm

dingbat wrote:
SmbdyBringMeSomeHam wrote:
legallyblonde817 wrote:
OliveSnook wrote:Does anyone going want to do a TLS meet up for the Accepted Student day this weekend??

Yea it would be cool to meet you guys :)

Count me in :)


I'll be there and somewhat easy to spot

I'm in! How do we do this? Matching hats???? :mrgreen:

User avatar
SmbdyBringMeSomeHam
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:36 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby SmbdyBringMeSomeHam » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:04 pm

cogitoergosum wrote:I'm in! How do we do this? Matching hats???? :mrgreen:

Secret passwords a la the I.R.B. If you hear someone remark "The night is dark", simply respond with "As black as heresy", and you will have identified yourself to a fellow TLSer.

OliveSnook
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:02 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby OliveSnook » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:13 pm

SmbdyBringMeSomeHam wrote:
cogitoergosum wrote:I'm in! How do we do this? Matching hats???? :mrgreen:

Secret passwords a la the I.R.B. If you hear someone remark "The night is dark", simply respond with "As black as heresy", and you will have identified yourself to a fellow TLSer.


hahaha this is too funny. Is anyone semi-familiar with campus? We can pick a spot to congregate.

Or we can always go the other way and just pick a bar to meet up at afterwards... :lol:

User avatar
SmbdyBringMeSomeHam
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:36 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby SmbdyBringMeSomeHam » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:14 pm

OliveSnook wrote:
SmbdyBringMeSomeHam wrote:
cogitoergosum wrote:I'm in! How do we do this? Matching hats???? :mrgreen:

Secret passwords a la the I.R.B. If you hear someone remark "The night is dark", simply respond with "As black as heresy", and you will have identified yourself to a fellow TLSer.


hahaha this is too funny. Is anyone semi-familiar with campus? We can pick a spot to congregate.

Or we can always go the other way and just pick a bar to meet up at afterwards... :lol:

I live on-campus...there's a good place called Lincoln Park a few blocks down to meet, if you guys want.

OliveSnook
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:02 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby OliveSnook » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:25 pm

sounds good to me!

MrAnon
Posts: 1615
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby MrAnon » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:26 pm

SmbdyBringMeSomeHam wrote:
OliveSnook wrote:
SmbdyBringMeSomeHam wrote:
cogitoergosum wrote:I'm in! How do we do this? Matching hats???? :mrgreen:

Secret passwords a la the I.R.B. If you hear someone remark "The night is dark", simply respond with "As black as heresy", and you will have identified yourself to a fellow TLSer.


hahaha this is too funny. Is anyone semi-familiar with campus? We can pick a spot to congregate.

Or we can always go the other way and just pick a bar to meet up at afterwards... :lol:

I live on-campus...there's a good place called Lincoln Park a few blocks down to meet, if you guys want.


Is everyone invited?

User avatar
SmbdyBringMeSomeHam
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:36 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby SmbdyBringMeSomeHam » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:29 pm

MrAnon wrote:Is everyone invited?

No, we're discussing a very private matter on a very public forum. You're intruding right now.

legallyblonde817
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:13 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby legallyblonde817 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:32 pm

SmbdyBringMeSomeHam wrote:
MrAnon wrote:Is everyone invited?

No, we're discussing a very private matter on a very public forum. You're intruding right now.


if anyones trying to find me... ill be the petite blonde by the wine and cheese....

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby dingbat » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:55 pm

SmbdyBringMeSomeHam wrote:
OliveSnook wrote:
SmbdyBringMeSomeHam wrote:
cogitoergosum wrote:I'm in! How do we do this? Matching hats???? :mrgreen:

Secret passwords a la the I.R.B. If you hear someone remark "The night is dark", simply respond with "As black as heresy", and you will have identified yourself to a fellow TLSer.


hahaha this is too funny. Is anyone semi-familiar with campus? We can pick a spot to congregate.

Or we can always go the other way and just pick a bar to meet up at afterwards... :lol:

I live on-campus...there's a good place called Lincoln Park a few blocks down to meet, if you guys want.


I'm so glad you didn't say the bar at Rosa Mexicana.
However, while I think it's good to plan what to do after, it might be nicer to meet at the start/during the day.
How about the Atrium?
Unfortunately, I don't think the schedule for ASD is up anymore (I couldn't find it), so I don't know what would be a good time.

confusedlaw
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby confusedlaw » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:57 pm

O to Barcelona bar shot bar in hello kitchen the best

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby dingbat » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:00 pm

confusedlaw wrote:O to Barcelona bar shot bar in hello kitchen the best

Because grammar is so out of style...

Could you please translate this into traditional english, because I can barely make out what you're saying

User avatar
SmbdyBringMeSomeHam
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:36 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby SmbdyBringMeSomeHam » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:03 pm

dingbat wrote:I'm so glad you didn't say the bar at Rosa Mexicana.
However, while I think it's good to plan what to do after, it might be nicer to meet at the start/during the day.
How about the Atrium?
Unfortunately, I don't think the schedule for ASD is up anymore (I couldn't find it), so I don't know what would be a good time.


9:30 am Registration Opens/Continental Breakfast

10:00 am Welcome from Dean Michael M. Martin

10:10 am Curriculum Overview

10:40 am Faculty Spotlights - Contemporary Legal Issues

11:50 am Mock Classes

12:40 pm Lunch

1:40 pm Law School Tour

2:20 pm Breakout Sessions (Choice of three):
Clinical Offerings
Corporate Law
Intellectual Property
International Law and International Human Rights
Public Interest Programs
Financial Aid Presentation

3:50 pm Careers after Fordham Law School

4:50 pm Closing Wine & Cheese Reception

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby dingbat » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:10 pm

I am probably going to get there before 9:30 (looking at the bus schedule). Anyone want to meet up either on the steps out front (or am I thinking of the business school here) or in the Atrium?

confusedlaw
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby confusedlaw » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:16 pm

i went tothe last one you can go inearly and drink coffee and eat fruit

confusedlaw
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby confusedlaw » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:18 pm

my ipads auto correct kills me go to barcelona bar in hellz kitchen the best shot bar

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby Gemini » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:58 pm

confusedlaw wrote:my ipads auto correct kills me go to barcelona bar in hellz kitchen the best shot bar


Eh. Been there, wasn't impressed. Especially since I was with a huge group of people and the bar was thisbig.

Also I don't know if I'm invited to this shindig, but I will give my 2 cents that Lincoln Park is awesome.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 0LawSchool, Aquinas, freekick, katthegreat11, Kaziende, Keardus, Keilz, MSNbot Media, neptunian, nslaw123, okf731, Rich Uncle Skeleton, stewhan, taxman14, Thelaw23, tinafeyclone, unrelated and 32 guests