Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby Gemini » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:27 pm

legallyblonde817 wrote:
cogitoergosum wrote:So who all is going to ASD on Saturday?

I've actually spent about five minutes of my life trying to decipher what was in those bags at the last ASD: --LinkRemoved--

Looks like really thick graphing calculators, which would be cool and all (I guess), but something tells me that's not it... Does anyone know what they are? Any ideas if we'll get Fordham Law shirts?



I'll be there!!!! I cant wait to meet all you!!! yay =]

(hope they dont run out of size small... dont wanna have to cut it and make fordham law bar tour shirt....)


Haha that thing you see sticking out of the bag IS a shirt. In the shape of a gavel, I guess. Meh.

User avatar
Happy Endings
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:46 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby Happy Endings » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:37 pm

More Fordham decisions tomorrow?!! :shock: Words can't express.....

But a video can...
http://youtu.be/2p1dS9hoptU

User avatar
SmbdyBringMeSomeHam
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:36 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby SmbdyBringMeSomeHam » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:40 pm

Happy Endings wrote:More Fordham decisions tomorrow?!! :shock: Words can't express.....

But a video can...
http://youtu.be/2p1dS9hoptU

Image

User avatar
Lawbro
Posts: 294
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby Lawbro » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:06 am

Now I wish I could go to the ASD this weekend, I wanna rock the shirt

OnceUponAMemo
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:25 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby OnceUponAMemo » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:38 am

2L here, happy to take questions and give an honest answer. Congrats on the acceptances everybody!

User avatar
cogitoergosum
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby cogitoergosum » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:45 am

OnceUponAMemo wrote:2L here, happy to take questions and give an honest answer. Congrats on the acceptances everybody!

Did you participate in OCI? How was it?

OnceUponAMemo
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:25 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby OnceUponAMemo » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:02 am

cogitoergosum wrote:
OnceUponAMemo wrote:2L here, happy to take questions and give an honest answer. Congrats on the acceptances everybody!

Did you participate in OCI? How was it?


I did and it was glorious. In all seriousness, OCI seems to have been a lot bigger this year than just last year even and I could tell you many stories of people being successful both inside and outside of the top 25%-30% gradewise. That said, lets not get all mushy and think just going to Fordham ensures models and bottles. That's naive. I have numerous friends who do not know what they will be doing this summer, but I do know a lot that have secured fantastic firm positions. My best estimate is around 30% of the class got a big law job either through OCI or individual efforts. I should note that some of my most optimistic friends maintain it was over 40%, while some of the debby-downers think it must be lower. I genuinely think the 30% number is roughly accurate, if a tad low, but 40% seems high to me. I personally probably know about 75-100 people with big firm jobs, out of a class of 475 and there are obviously a lot I don't know.

I am happy to go into much more detail over PM, but in the interest of sparing myself from writing a treatise on Fordham's OCI process, more specific questions might be helpful and provide a more informative response.

User avatar
cogitoergosum
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby cogitoergosum » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:12 am

OnceUponAMemo wrote:
cogitoergosum wrote:
OnceUponAMemo wrote:2L here, happy to take questions and give an honest answer. Congrats on the acceptances everybody!

Did you participate in OCI? How was it?


I did and it was glorious. In all seriousness, OCI seems to have been a lot bigger this year than just last year even and I could tell you many stories of people being successful both inside and outside of the top 25%-30% gradewise. That said, lets not get all mushy and think just going to Fordham ensures models and bottles. That's naive. I have numerous friends who do not know what they will be doing this summer, but I do know a lot that have secured fantastic firm positions. My best estimate is around 30% of the class got a big law job either through OCI or individual efforts. I should note that some of my most optimistic friends maintain it was over 40%, while some of the debby-downers think it must be lower. I genuinely think the 30% number is roughly accurate, if a tad low, but 40% seems high to me. I personally probably know about 75-100 people with big firm jobs, out of a class of 475 and there are obviously a lot I don't know.

I am happy to go into much more detail over PM, but in the interest of sparing myself from writing a treatise on Fordham's OCI process, more specific questions might be helpful and provide a more informative response.

Thanks, this is very good to hear.

User avatar
Munchkin318
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:16 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby Munchkin318 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:43 am

Hey everyone!
Newb to TLS here. Question about WL, do we know if/when WLers will hear? Also any advice for what one can do while on WL? Sent LOCI, updated transcripts (with 4.0 last semester) and additional letter of rec. Stats are 3.73/164. Any chance of hearing back? And anything else I should be doing? I'm from Canada and our system is not the same!

Merci :)

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13311
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby JenDarby » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:47 am

Munchkin318 wrote:Hey everyone!
Newb to TLS here. Question about WL, do we know if/when WLers will hear? Also any advice for what one can do while on WL? Sent LOCI, updated transcripts (with 4.0 last semester) and additional letter of rec. Stats are 3.73/164. Any chance of hearing back? And anything else I should be doing? I'm from Canada and our system is not the same!

Merci :)

It sounds like you've done everything you can at this point. Now you just need to be patient! I was accepted mid-may off the WL with a scholarship. They continue to admit people into the summer.

amantedevie
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:40 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby amantedevie » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:38 pm

Hey everyone!

I'm new to this thread... just wondering, for those who've been admitted, about how long did the decision take after submitting your application?

Thanks!

jlz111
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:59 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby jlz111 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:40 pm

PT applicant.. Complete 1/9 and 2/20. I will be sending out a LOCI today as this is my number one choice. good idea?

shroeder
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:05 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby shroeder » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:13 pm

jlz111 wrote:PT applicant.. Complete 1/9 and 2/20. I will be sending out a LOCI today as this is my number one choice. good idea?



I would wait until you are wait listed ( if you are) be patient and show confidence.

User avatar
srrrrh
Posts: 167
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:28 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby srrrrh » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:33 pm

amantedevie wrote:Hey everyone!

I'm new to this thread... just wondering, for those who've been admitted, about how long did the decision take after submitting your application?

Thanks!


i submitted in early november and was accepted 2/17

OliveSnook
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:02 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby OliveSnook » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:46 pm

Does anyone going want to do a TLS meet up for the Accepted Student day this weekend??

legallyblonde817
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:13 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby legallyblonde817 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:47 pm

srrrrh wrote:
amantedevie wrote:Hey everyone!

I'm new to this thread... just wondering, for those who've been admitted, about how long did the decision take after submitting your application?

Thanks!


i submitted in early november and was accepted 2/17


Submitted 12/9 admitted 1/27 scholly 2/1

legallyblonde817
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:13 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby legallyblonde817 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:48 pm

OliveSnook wrote:Does anyone going want to do a TLS meet up for the Accepted Student day this weekend??

Yea it would be cool to meet you guys :)

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:17 pm

jlz111 wrote:PT applicant.. Complete 1/9 and 2/20. I will be sending out a LOCI today as this is my number one choice. good idea?

Personally, I sent a LOCI in early March, right after a round of people got in off the WL (I was still in limbo, having heard nothing.) Worked for me!

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:19 pm

OnceUponAMemo wrote:I did and it was glorious. In all seriousness, OCI seems to have been a lot bigger this year than just last year even and I could tell you many stories of people being successful both inside and outside of the top 25%-30% gradewise. That said, lets not get all mushy and think just going to Fordham ensures models and bottles. That's naive. I have numerous friends who do not know what they will be doing this summer, but I do know a lot that have secured fantastic firm positions. My best estimate is around 30% of the class got a big law job either through OCI or individual efforts. I should note that some of my most optimistic friends maintain it was over 40%, while some of the debby-downers think it must be lower. I genuinely think the 30% number is roughly accurate, if a tad low, but 40% seems high to me. I personally probably know about 75-100 people with big firm jobs, out of a class of 475 and there are obviously a lot I don't know.

I am happy to go into much more detail over PM, but in the interest of sparing myself from writing a treatise on Fordham's OCI process, more specific questions might be helpful and provide a more informative response.

Hey, Memo! I did NOT do OCI b/c I'm a 2LE and that means I'm a year behind you guys but from how my friends did, I'd say somewhere around 30% scored big law (as you said, either through OCI or through personal efforts.) Yeah, you have to be realistic about the models and bottles... but I think people were much happier this year, than last. Glad you had a good experience, as well!

mcdeeremitch
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:16 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby mcdeeremitch » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:48 pm

"more decisions out shortly" - K. Espiritu

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby Gemini » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:43 pm

legallyblonde817 wrote:
OliveSnook wrote:Does anyone going want to do a TLS meet up for the Accepted Student day this weekend??

Yea it would be cool to meet you guys :)


That awkward moment when people ask how you know each other... it happens. :lol:

User avatar
Lwoods
Posts: 1484
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:27 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby Lwoods » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:00 pm

Gemini wrote:
legallyblonde817 wrote:
OliveSnook wrote:Does anyone going want to do a TLS meet up for the Accepted Student day this weekend??

Yea it would be cool to meet you guys :)


That awkward moment when people ask how you know each other... it happens. :lol:


I just tell people now that you and I met at ASD...which is not entirely false. I can't remember what we said that day, though...

MsKhrystyna
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:04 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby MsKhrystyna » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:06 pm

In via email!

HeadToWall
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:09 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby HeadToWall » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:10 pm

MsKhrystyna wrote:In via email!


Wow, when Espiritu says shortly, Espiritu means it.

Congrats!

mcdeeremitch
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:16 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby mcdeeremitch » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:14 pm

HeadToWall wrote:
MsKhrystyna wrote:In via email!


Wow, when Espiritu says shortly, Espiritu means it.

Congrats!


Congrats!! What were your complete dates??




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: criley01, hellohalo, Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests