Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13284
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby JenDarby » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:18 pm

dingbat wrote:
Gotti wrote:
MrAnon wrote:Well, to be fair, I couldn't get into CLS or NYU with my GPA/LSAT.

So you DON'T go to Fordham. Stop answering questions about the school--you don't know shit about it. If Fordham's not for you, stop trolling the threads to post negative shit all the time. It's getting really old.


He never said he doesn't go to Fordham, just that he doesn't go to CLS or NYU.
Also, to be fair, he gives a good counterpoint to the overwhelming feeling of happy-happy/joy-joy GO FORDHAM atmosphere in this thread (which, I believe, tends to be the general atmosphere in the school)

I'm sure there are some people who go to Fordham and are miserable there, or end up jobless afterwards (7% in 2010), and Mr Anon speaks for them

I have never been THAT positive about Fordham, and I don't think that's the attitude of most the current students who post here. I openly admit I never wanted to go to Fordham, but in the end it was the right decision for me. I think most of us are pretty transparent and realistic about the opportunities Fordham provides.

Mr. Anon earlier stated he did UG and graduate school in NY. He's been very specific about not ever mentioning attending LS at Fordham.

His counter-point is to say every negative thing possible about Fordham, based on nothing more than a bitter resentment it seems. (by all means, prove me wrong)

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby dingbat » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:52 pm

Hey, don't get me wrong, I don't think anyone who goes to Fordham thinks it's another Yale.
But, the overwhelming feeling on this thread is that going to Fordham is a good thing.

(which contrasts to other parts of the forum where some people who know nothing about it think Fordham is a terrible choice no matter what)

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby Gotti » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:00 pm

JenDarby wrote:
dingbat wrote:
Gotti wrote:
MrAnon wrote:Well, to be fair, I couldn't get into CLS or NYU with my GPA/LSAT.

So you DON'T go to Fordham. Stop answering questions about the school--you don't know shit about it. If Fordham's not for you, stop trolling the threads to post negative shit all the time. It's getting really old.


He never said he doesn't go to Fordham, just that he doesn't go to CLS or NYU.
Also, to be fair, he gives a good counterpoint to the overwhelming feeling of happy-happy/joy-joy GO FORDHAM atmosphere in this thread (which, I believe, tends to be the general atmosphere in the school)

I'm sure there are some people who go to Fordham and are miserable there, or end up jobless afterwards (7% in 2010), and Mr Anon speaks for them

I have never been THAT positive about Fordham, and I don't think that's the attitude of most the current students who post here. I openly admit I never wanted to go to Fordham, but in the end it was the right decision for me. I think most of us are pretty transparent and realistic about the opportunities Fordham provides.

Mr. Anon earlier stated he did UG and graduate school in NY. He's been very specific about not ever mentioning attending LS at Fordham.

His counter-point is to say every negative thing possible about Fordham, based on nothing more than a bitter resentment it seems. (by all means, prove me wrong)

Exactly what she said.

If he went to Fordham, he would have been up-front about it, especially when I called him out a few pages ago. Since he doesn't go to Fordham, he has no business trying to answer questions by prospective students who are actually excited at the prospect of attending the school and opining about shit he has no first hand experience on which to base his opinion.

And like JD said, there are a lot of people who love to go to this school and are vocal about it, but for the most part, we're not all saying "OMG FORGET EVERYTHING FORDHAM IS SO AWESOME YOU'RE GUARANTEED BIGLAW I LOVE IT." And I don't know where you (dingbat) are getting your perception that people at the school are all happy-go-lucky. If you took a tour and don't know anyone who goes to the school, obviously you're going to get that perception, because the job of the tour guides is to really sell the school.

I definitely have my gripes about the school, but I chose to go here because it was the right choice for me. We've all admitted that the reality is that roughly only the top 20% will be able to go into biglaw. You obviously will have more luck at NYU or CLS if you're biglaw or bust, but another reality is that Fordham really does have an extremely strong network in the city, and it's a school highly regarded by employers--more than what TLS suggests. I've been on several interviews and talked to various employers, and every single employer (even if they went to CLS or NYU) has independently commented on the fact that Fordham is a great school.

Again, Fordham is not for everyone. If you have the LSAT score and the GPA to go to NYU or CLS and money is not an issue, that is obviously the better option. If not, "settling" (if you can call it that) for Fordham is not a bad way to go if you want to live and work in New York. That's for each person to decide individually, but, just like JD said, I think we've been extremely realistic about everything. We're not sugarcoating any answers--we're answering them honestly and to the best of our abilities.
Last edited by Gotti on Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby Gotti » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:02 pm

dingbat wrote:Hey, don't get me wrong, I don't think anyone who goes to Fordham thinks it's another Yale.
But, the overwhelming feeling on this thread is that going to Fordham is a good thing.

(which contrasts to other parts of the forum where some people who know nothing about it think Fordham is a terrible choice no matter what)

People who think FLS is a terrible choice "no matter what" are idiots who should keep their mouths shut until they know something about the school. Those people are probably extremists who think everyone who goes to any school below a T6 is stupid. They think FLS grads don't get jobs and will forever be poor and in debt for the rest of their lives. The reality clearly suggests otherwise.

MrAnon
Posts: 1615
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby MrAnon » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:10 pm

JenDarby wrote:
dingbat wrote:
Gotti wrote:
MrAnon wrote:Well, to be fair, I couldn't get into CLS or NYU with my GPA/LSAT.

So you DON'T go to Fordham. Stop answering questions about the school--you don't know shit about it. If Fordham's not for you, stop trolling the threads to post negative shit all the time. It's getting really old.


He never said he doesn't go to Fordham, just that he doesn't go to CLS or NYU.
Also, to be fair, he gives a good counterpoint to the overwhelming feeling of happy-happy/joy-joy GO FORDHAM atmosphere in this thread (which, I believe, tends to be the general atmosphere in the school)

I'm sure there are some people who go to Fordham and are miserable there, or end up jobless afterwards (7% in 2010), and Mr Anon speaks for them

I have never been THAT positive about Fordham, and I don't think that's the attitude of most the current students who post here. I openly admit I never wanted to go to Fordham, but in the end it was the right decision for me. I think most of us are pretty transparent and realistic about the opportunities Fordham provides.

Mr. Anon earlier stated he did UG and graduate school in NY. He's been very specific about not ever mentioning attending LS at Fordham.

His counter-point is to say every negative thing possible about Fordham, based on nothing more than a bitter resentment it seems. (by all means, prove me wrong)


Jeez am I that negative or am I generally just not super positive? I am very negative about the law school experience in general if you check around the forum. The whole thing needs an overhaul. But I am not super hard on Fordham, I believe. I don't have anything to be bitter about quite honestly as far as employment outcome or pay go. I am simply relating my personal feelings, experiences.

I am just curious about one thing. Are all of the current students who are posting here 1Ls? I am obviously beyond 1L as I mentioned.

MrAnon
Posts: 1615
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby MrAnon » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:14 pm

Gotti wrote:
MrAnon wrote:Well, to be fair, I couldn't get into CLS or NYU with my GPA/LSAT.

So you DON'T go to Fordham. Stop answering questions about the school--you don't know shit about it. If Fordham's not for you, stop trolling the threads to post negative shit all the time. It's getting really old.


Your conclusion doesn't follow.

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby Gotti » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:48 pm

MrAnon wrote:
Gotti wrote:
MrAnon wrote:Well, to be fair, I couldn't get into CLS or NYU with my GPA/LSAT.

So you DON'T go to Fordham. Stop answering questions about the school--you don't know shit about it. If Fordham's not for you, stop trolling the threads to post negative shit all the time. It's getting really old.


Your conclusion doesn't follow.

It does follow, because you have been asked the question multiple times of whether you go to Fordham or not, and that is the ONE question you have chosen not to answer (and clearly the question hasn't escaped you--you have opinions about nearly everything else). If you went to Fordham, I'm not sure why you wouldn't just say so.

And, no, not all of us are 1Ls.

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby dingbat » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:13 pm

Jeez, it's amazing how things can get blown out of proportion...
I got to watch what I type - I guess the tone is wrong.

Note: Fordham is my first choice and am 99% certain I'll be attending this fall. I am realistic about the quality of the school and its reputation in the city as well as its employment prospects.
I do not think everyone is in love with the place, but I think many are happy to be there.
I understand the school is not perfect, but then, nowhere is
I love seeing 1Ls at WUSTL, or some equivalent school, crap on Fordham because they have no idea what they're talking about and are blatantly wrong about a number of things.

and I get the feeling maybe I should lie low for a while, at least until things calm down a bit.... 8)

User avatar
ssteiner
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:26 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby ssteiner » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:57 pm

Hey folks, I've been more of a lurker than anything else, but I do have a question regarding scholarships and figured someone might know the answer. I just got my acceptance Friday via email, but no mention of a scholarship or anything like that. Did people who got offers typically get them when they got their acceptance packets by snail mail, or what? Just curious, thanks!

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby dingbat » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:05 pm

ssteiner wrote:Hey folks, I've been more of a lurker than anything else, but I do have a question regarding scholarships and figured someone might know the answer. I just got my acceptance Friday via email, but no mention of a scholarship or anything like that. Did people who got offers typically get them when they got their acceptance packets by snail mail, or what? Just curious, thanks!


It seems that scholarships usually come a little later (if you haven't heard in 2-3 weeks, you should follow up)

User avatar
goldeneye
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:25 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby goldeneye » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:53 pm

Hey everyone, so I'm on the WL at Fordham. I've sent a LOCI and a LOR, and will be in NYC in the coming weeks. Do you think, aside from visiting and doing the official campus tour, I should e-mail to meet with someone from admissions to really express my interest? Thanks!

MrAnon
Posts: 1615
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby MrAnon » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:32 pm

Gotti wrote:
MrAnon wrote:
Gotti wrote:
MrAnon wrote:Well, to be fair, I couldn't get into CLS or NYU with my GPA/LSAT.

So you DON'T go to Fordham. Stop answering questions about the school--you don't know shit about it. If Fordham's not for you, stop trolling the threads to post negative shit all the time. It's getting really old.


Your conclusion doesn't follow.

It does follow, because you have been asked the question multiple times of whether you go to Fordham or not, and that is the ONE question you have chosen not to answer (and clearly the question hasn't escaped you--you have opinions about nearly everything else). If you went to Fordham, I'm not sure why you wouldn't just say so.

And, no, not all of us are 1Ls.


I also commented on the community at Fordham. If that wasn't the biggest clue that I attend or attended Fordham I am not sure what is.

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13284
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby JenDarby » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:45 pm

goldeneye wrote:Hey everyone, so I'm on the WL at Fordham. I've sent a LOCI and a LOR, and will be in NYC in the coming weeks. Do you think, aside from visiting and doing the official campus tour, I should e-mail to meet with someone from admissions to really express my interest? Thanks!

If you're going to be in NYC and on campus, you might as well. I'm not going to say it will necessarily help you, but it couldn't hurt (assuming of course you aren't awful in person :wink: ). In the least, all the people I've met in the admissions office have been delightful to speak to.

User avatar
fltanglab
Posts: 555
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:44 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby fltanglab » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:44 pm

I'll be touring at 2 pm tomorrow. Taking the train up and back.

User avatar
goldeneye
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:25 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby goldeneye » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:14 am

JenDarby wrote:
goldeneye wrote:Hey everyone, so I'm on the WL at Fordham. I've sent a LOCI and a LOR, and will be in NYC in the coming weeks. Do you think, aside from visiting and doing the official campus tour, I should e-mail to meet with someone from admissions to really express my interest? Thanks!

If you're going to be in NYC and on campus, you might as well. I'm not going to say it will necessarily help you, but it couldn't hurt (assuming of course you aren't awful in person :wink: ). In the least, all the people I've met in the admissions office have been delightful to speak to.


I don't think I'm an awful person haha. Just want to make sure I don't "annoy" them, trying to gain admission. I assume they'll just wanna talk about my interest or I'll just lead the conversation regarding the waitlist and such.

User avatar
lakers3peat
Posts: 493
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:10 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby lakers3peat » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:01 am

dont trip you wont be annoying anyone. follow espiritu on twitter. she seems pretty chill.

User avatar
illy22
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby illy22 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:39 am

anyone know how long the admitted students day is supposed to run?

User avatar
SmbdyBringMeSomeHam
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:36 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby SmbdyBringMeSomeHam » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:56 am

illy22 wrote:anyone know how long the admitted students day is supposed to run?


From 9:30Am until the evening. There's a closing wine and cheese reception at around 5.

User avatar
illy22
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby illy22 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:37 am

SmbdyBringMeSomeHam wrote:
illy22 wrote:anyone know how long the admitted students day is supposed to run?


From 9:30Am until the evening. There's a closing wine and cheese reception at around 5.



you mean i'll have the chance to work on my night cheese?

thanks. trying to figure this out since I've got family in town over the weekend...really want to go, though.

User avatar
SmbdyBringMeSomeHam
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:36 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby SmbdyBringMeSomeHam » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:24 pm

illy22 wrote:
SmbdyBringMeSomeHam wrote:
illy22 wrote:anyone know how long the admitted students day is supposed to run?


From 9:30Am until the evening. There's a closing wine and cheese reception at around 5.



you mean i'll have the chance to work on my night cheese?
thanks. trying to figure this out since I've got family in town over the weekend...really want to go, though.


I wish I had something more articulate with which to respond, but all I can say is <3 Anyway, you can always look at the schedule and pick and choose which events you'd like to attend and come late and/or leave early to accomodate your schedule.

User avatar
cogitoergosum
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby cogitoergosum » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:36 pm

So who all is going to ASD on Saturday?

I've actually spent about five minutes of my life trying to decipher what was in those bags at the last ASD: --LinkRemoved--

Looks like really thick graphing calculators, which would be cool and all (I guess), but something tells me that's not it... Does anyone know what they are? Any ideas if we'll get Fordham Law shirts?

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13284
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby JenDarby » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:39 pm

There are definitely shirts. I may or may not have grabbed one at the last ASD. I AM an admitted student.

confusedlaw
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby confusedlaw » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:40 pm

Almost 100 percent attending with15 k

User avatar
cogitoergosum
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby cogitoergosum » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:41 pm

JenDarby wrote:There are definitely shirts.

Heck yeah...
JenDarby wrote:I AM an admitted student.

I see what you did there... 8)

User avatar
SmbdyBringMeSomeHam
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:36 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2015/16 (2011-2012 Cycle)

Postby SmbdyBringMeSomeHam » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:41 pm

cogitoergosum wrote:So who all is going to ASD on Saturday?

I've actually spent about five minutes of my life trying to decipher what was in those bags at the last ASD: --LinkRemoved--

Looks like really thick graphing calculators, which would be cool and all (I guess), but something tells me that's not it... Does anyone know what they are? Any ideas if we'll get Fordham Law shirts?

I'll be there...looking forward to a shirt, even though I already spent money on a sweatshirt.
Last edited by SmbdyBringMeSomeHam on Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Anon.y.mousse., mccracal and 7 guests