Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
AntipodeanPhil
Posts: 1296
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:02 pm

Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:28 am

Image

Some images of the law school's newly completed renovations (thanks eandy!):

http://www.law.uga.edu/photos/renovatio ... index.html

The Status Checker

http://www.law.uga.edu/user/register

If you register on the UGA website, you should be able to check your status before you get any information from the law school.


Application Information

UGA began accepting applications on September 22.

UGA began notifying some candidates of decisions (via the status checker) on November 14.

Applications on LawSchoolNumbers:

http://georgia.lawschoolnumbers.com/applicants

Last Year's Applicants' Thread:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=133105

Good luck all!
Last edited by AntipodeanPhil on Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
georgia32
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:24 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby georgia32 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:03 pm

I'll be applying. Hoping for a 165+ in 9 days!

User avatar
AntipodeanPhil
Posts: 1296
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:30 pm

On the status checker, my application just went from being listed as complete and ready for review to:

Your application is being reviewed by the Admissions Committee.


Exciting! It's great they've started already - although I've read here an application can be under review for many weeks.

Any other UGA applicants out there? This thread gives me a lonely feeling.

User avatar
vissidarte27
Posts: 434
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:43 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby vissidarte27 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:35 pm

I'd apply if they'd give me a dang fee waiver. I emailed and asked, but heard nothing in return.

My numbers should at least put me under consideration (3.23/165), but maybe they don't do fee waivers? I retook the LSAT on Saturday and feel pretty good about it, so maybe they'll send one out if my score improves significantly.

We'll see, I guess.

User avatar
AntipodeanPhil
Posts: 1296
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:40 pm

vissidarte27 wrote:I'd apply if they'd give me a dang fee waiver. I emailed and asked, but heard nothing in return.

My numbers should at least put me under consideration (3.23/165), but maybe they don't do fee waivers? I retook the LSAT on Saturday and feel pretty good about it, so maybe they'll send one out if my score improves significantly.

We'll see, I guess.

They do them - I got one in the mail quite a while ago. Are you a Georgia resident? I have a suspicion that makes a difference.

User avatar
vissidarte27
Posts: 434
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:43 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby vissidarte27 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:47 pm

AntipodeanPhil wrote:
vissidarte27 wrote:I'd apply if they'd give me a dang fee waiver. I emailed and asked, but heard nothing in return.

My numbers should at least put me under consideration (3.23/165), but maybe they don't do fee waivers? I retook the LSAT on Saturday and feel pretty good about it, so maybe they'll send one out if my score improves significantly.

We'll see, I guess.

They do them - I got one in the mail quite a while ago. Are you a Georgia resident? I have a suspicion that makes a difference.


I'm not. My partner's family lives in Atlanta, though, so we were considering GA as a law school option.

User avatar
AntipodeanPhil
Posts: 1296
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:02 am

vissidarte27 wrote:I'm not. My partner's family lives in Atlanta, though, so we were considering GA as a law school option.

Well, you might have to pay $50 to apply, but if you went to UGA you could get the in-state rate for your second and third years.

UGA is on the way up, imho.

User avatar
ap613
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:30 am

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ap613 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:00 am

I'm another UGA applicant though not taking the LSAT until December and applying right after that. It's really moved up my list lately even though I'm not from GA.

As for fee waivers, I got one at a law school fair I went to here in DC so might be worth calling and asking, or if they are at a fiar in your area stop by and pick one up.

Here's hoping its the same over 165 and in policy it seemed to be last year...

User avatar
murray18
Posts: 136
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:15 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby murray18 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:32 pm

Should have mine in by Friday, and completed sometime next week. Went to UGA for UG, so definitely hoping for good news. Anybody know if UGA's medians went up this year? At 3.01 and 168, seems like changes in the medians are very (almost painfully) relevant.

Good luck all.

User avatar
AntipodeanPhil
Posts: 1296
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:22 pm

murray18 wrote:Should have mine in by Friday, and completed sometime next week. Went to UGA for UG, so definitely hoping for good news. Anybody know if UGA's medians went up this year? At 3.01 and 168, seems like changes in the medians are very (almost painfully) relevant.

Good luck all.


According to this thread, the medians are now 165 and 3.6 (LSAT up 1, GPA down 0.1 from the previous year).

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=163250

The UGA website confirms that. I think you're still fairly safe. The LSN graph for the last cycle does make it painfully clear that 165 was the magic number:

http://georgia.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats/1011/

There is no way the LSAT median is going up by more than a point this year, and even if it does, you're still two points clear. And they probably have some degree of preference for UGA grads.

User avatar
citykitty
Posts: 465
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:03 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby citykitty » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:40 am

I put in my app the first day. I just got the status checker email and registered and I'm under review. Hopefully, I'll be in the first round of admits to come out. Fingers crossed for everyone!

User avatar
Dr. Filth
Posts: 1488
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:22 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Dr. Filth » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:42 am

citykitty wrote:I put in my app the first day. I just got the status checker email and registered and I'm under review. Hopefully, I'll be in the first round of admits to come out. Fingers crossed for everyone!

Hey do you have a LSN account? I have basically the same numbers and would like to follow your cycle.

I'm applying here too, but waiting on the Oct LSAT to submit.

User avatar
murray18
Posts: 136
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:15 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby murray18 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:27 pm

Status checker says "application under review." Very exciting.

/trying to keep the thread alive...

User avatar
citykitty
Posts: 465
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:03 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby citykitty » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:41 pm

Dr. Filth wrote:
citykitty wrote:I put in my app the first day. I just got the status checker email and registered and I'm under review. Hopefully, I'll be in the first round of admits to come out. Fingers crossed for everyone!

Hey do you have a LSN account? I have basically the same numbers and would like to follow your cycle.

I'm applying here too, but waiting on the Oct LSAT to submit.



I have one, but I'm trying to keep it separate from my TLS identity until my cycle is complete. I've shared it with people that I know fairly well, but I'm not sure about you. I'm not trying to be rude, although I'm sure it's coming off that way. Sorry. /hug

@murray18 I've been under review for a while now too. The early acceptances didn't come until November last year, so I figure I've got at least another 2 weeks to hear. I'm hoping for an early acceptance. That will take a huge weight off. I hate to think of UGA as a safety, because they are a solid school and I would happily attend there if I got in nowhere else. Still an early acceptance there would just make me feel so good.

User avatar
murray18
Posts: 136
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:15 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby murray18 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:37 am

citykitty- yeah it definitely feels nice to have one under the belt. i got in at FSU a week into my cycle, and it feels like a weight off your shoulders. I got my app in at UGA pretty early as well, but it took a while to go complete... hopefully that wont make for any delays. anyways, good luck!

User avatar
Dr. Filth
Posts: 1488
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:22 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Dr. Filth » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:43 am

i totally understand ck. im paranoid about making my lsn profile visible until after my cycle is finished.

i cant wait until i get my first acceptance back. im stressing about this oct score release, so im sure ill be a wreck waiting to hear back from the schools.

User avatar
cutecarmel
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:39 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cutecarmel » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:45 am

Maybe you should try calling them or contacting them again. I requested and receieved a fee waiver from UGA at least a month ago. I'm sure they'll get around to it

(3.99/161)

vissidarte27 wrote:I'd apply if they'd give me a dang fee waiver. I emailed and asked, but heard nothing in return.

My numbers should at least put me under consideration (3.23/165), but maybe they don't do fee waivers? I retook the LSAT on Saturday and feel pretty good about it, so maybe they'll send one out if my score improves significantly.

We'll see, I guess.

User avatar
jarv1506
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:11 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jarv1506 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:59 pm

hey guys UGA 1L here. feel free to PM me if you have any questions, and I'll try to get back to you quickly. we start our open memo next week so it might take a while. good luck with your cycles!

User avatar
neeko
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby neeko » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:13 pm

Applied today!

User avatar
PinkLemonade
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:54 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby PinkLemonade » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:22 pm

Applied 10/24. Still waiting on my status checker ID. HURRY UP!

User avatar
AntipodeanPhil
Posts: 1296
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:30 pm

PinkLemonade wrote:Applied 10/24. Still waiting on my status checker ID. HURRY UP!

You don't need to wait - Georgia has a different status checker system than other schools. Just go to the link posted at the top of this page and register / create an account. When you enter all your information you should be able to see your status.

User avatar
PinkLemonade
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:54 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby PinkLemonade » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:37 pm

AntipodeanPhil wrote:
PinkLemonade wrote:Applied 10/24. Still waiting on my status checker ID. HURRY UP!

You don't need to wait - Georgia has a different status checker system than other schools. Just go to the link posted at the top of this page and register / create an account. When you enter all your information you should be able to see your status.

Thank you! Leave it to me to not read everything you put up there.

mlee85
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:56 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby mlee85 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:45 pm

Applying today!

ccmbr006
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:34 am

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ccmbr006 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:21 pm

3.77/171 here. UGA is my top choice, as it was my undergrad institution. Hoping for money, and suck it Gators!

User avatar
beezy08
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: Georgia c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby beezy08 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:00 pm

ccmbr006 wrote:3.77/171 here. UGA is my top choice, as it was my undergrad institution. Hoping for money, and suck it Gators!


Hey now, that game hurt.

Buuuut, I am applying to UGA. I will never be a real Bulldog, but I do really like the school and the state in general. So, checking in I guess. Sent 10/20




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], breezzzi4558, cafehafa and 8 guests