UIUC 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
northside
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:03 pm

Re: UIUC 2015

Postby northside » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:15 pm

In with 50% tuition.

164/3.9

littlepanda
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:51 am

Re: UIUC 2015

Postby littlepanda » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:17 pm

in with 25% tuition

User avatar
omninode
Posts: 405
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:09 pm

Re: UIUC 2015

Postby omninode » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:25 pm

Seems like they're really leaning on GPA this year.
Last edited by omninode on Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Opie
Posts: 1356
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:27 pm

Re: UIUC 2015

Postby Opie » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:28 pm

I'm comparing the graph on LSN to last year's and it's looking pretty similar to me.

User avatar
omninode
Posts: 405
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:09 pm

Re: UIUC 2015

Postby omninode » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:33 pm

omninode wrote:Seems like they're really leaning on GPA this year.


With the scholarships, I mean.

User avatar
Opie
Posts: 1356
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:27 pm

Re: UIUC 2015

Postby Opie » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:34 pm

omninode wrote:
omninode wrote:Seems like they're really leaning on GPA this year.


With the scholarships, I mean.


That could be. Sorry, that wasn't actually aimed at your comment. In fact, I got 25% and my above median number is GPA. And it's not even that great of a GPA.

User avatar
mattviphky
Posts: 1117
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: UIUC 2015

Postby mattviphky » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:08 am

adg156 wrote:In via e-mail at 7:15PM (ET)! 25% scholarship out of state 3.0 166

this gives me hope. i just want to hear back. :(

User avatar
omninode
Posts: 405
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:09 pm

Re: UIUC 2015

Postby omninode » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:11 am

Opie wrote:
omninode wrote:
omninode wrote:Seems like they're really leaning on GPA this year.


With the scholarships, I mean.


That could be. Sorry, that wasn't actually aimed at your comment. In fact, I got 25% and my above median number is GPA. And it's not even that great of a GPA.


No problem. I was just clarifying my earlier statement.

User avatar
fltanglab
Posts: 555
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:44 pm

Re: UIUC 2015

Postby fltanglab » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:16 am

In with 25% scholarship. 3.1/167 (now a 3.2, but they didn't know that). I was definitely out for the night when I received the email lol.

User avatar
Gail
Posts: 977
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:11 am

Re: UIUC 2015

Postby Gail » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:29 am

I hate this meme. But its fitting in this situation. FML

User avatar
givemea170
Posts: 439
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:42 pm

Re: UIUC 2015

Postby givemea170 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:38 am

northside wrote:In with 50% tuition.

164/3.9


damn, this pretty much proves they care way too much on GPA for scholarships.

User avatar
mattviphky
Posts: 1117
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: UIUC 2015

Postby mattviphky » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:41 am

Gail wrote:I hate this meme. But its fitting in this situation. FML


i'm sure your cycle will take a positive turn soon

User avatar
Gail
Posts: 977
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:11 am

Re: UIUC 2015

Postby Gail » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:46 am

Nah, man. I think my PS was the problem. It balanced too political, I think. Ugh. I'm not even that political.

Add that with everything else (CF + Bad resume) and I'm out everywhere that I wanted to go. Not sure what to do because I really don't want to take that test again and run the risk of doing worse.


I started my first LOCI for UIUC. Should I mention that I'd withdraw all other applications in it? Even if I probably wouldn't be able to attend without money?

User avatar
givemea170
Posts: 439
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:42 pm

Re: UIUC 2015

Postby givemea170 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:48 am

I'm starting to get nervous that I applied too late to be accepted this cycle...

User avatar
givemea170
Posts: 439
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:42 pm

Re: UIUC 2015

Postby givemea170 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:04 am

wow someone got 33K scholarship for a 158/3.3 if LSN is accurate.

Crazy.

User avatar
wvu
Posts: 1565
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:20 pm

Re: UIUC 2015

Postby wvu » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:08 am

givemea170 wrote:wow someone got 33K scholarship for a 158/3.3 if LSN is accurate.

Crazy.


That would be the 11k (25%) scholarship over 3 years. Depends on how they put it into LSN. I do the yearly amount but I know some people put the 3-year value.

User avatar
givemea170
Posts: 439
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:42 pm

Re: UIUC 2015

Postby givemea170 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:11 am

duplicate
Last edited by givemea170 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
givemea170
Posts: 439
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:42 pm

Re: UIUC 2015

Postby givemea170 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:11 am

wvuchip wrote:
givemea170 wrote:wow someone got 33K scholarship for a 158/3.3 if LSN is accurate.

Crazy.


That would be the 11k (25%) scholarship over 3 years. Depends on how they put it into LSN. I do the yearly amount but I know some people put the 3-year value.


Yeah I figured as much... I was more surprised that was even accepted...

User avatar
tooswolle
Posts: 491
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:48 am

Re: UIUC 2015

Postby tooswolle » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:22 am

givemea170 wrote:
wvuchip wrote:
givemea170 wrote:wow someone got 33K scholarship for a 158/3.3 if LSN is accurate.

Crazy.


That would be the 11k (25%) scholarship over 3 years. Depends on how they put it into LSN. I do the yearly amount but I know some people put the 3-year value.


Yeah I figured as much... I was more surprised that was even accepted...


To respond to your under handed attack there is more to admissions than a numerical index; ie contacts with big people and professional experience. Won't go in to details about it, but let me just tell you I've probably generated more profits for my company than the average joe sees in a year. Take it for what it's worth dude; ps numbers are skewed.

User avatar
givemea170
Posts: 439
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:42 pm

Re: UIUC 2015

Postby givemea170 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:36 am

tooswolle wrote:
givemea170 wrote:
wvuchip wrote:
givemea170 wrote:wow someone got 33K scholarship for a 158/3.3 if LSN is accurate.

Crazy.


That would be the 11k (25%) scholarship over 3 years. Depends on how they put it into LSN. I do the yearly amount but I know some people put the 3-year value.


Yeah I figured as much... I was more surprised that was even accepted...


To respond to your under handed attack there is more to admissions than a numerical index; ie contacts with big people and professional experience. Won't go in to details about it, but let me just tell you I've probably generated more profits for my company than the average joe sees in a year. Take it for what it's worth dude; ps numbers are skewed.



Was it your stats or something? Not sure what I said to get you to come in and tout yourself.

User avatar
tooswolle
Posts: 491
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:48 am

Re: UIUC 2015

Postby tooswolle » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:48 am

Yeah I figured as much... I was more surprised that was even accepted...[/quote]

To respond to your under handed attack there is more to admissions than a numerical index; ie contacts with big people and professional experience. Won't go in to details about it, but let me just tell you I've probably generated more profits for my company than the average joe sees in a year. Take it for what it's worth dude; ps numbers are skewed.[/quote]


Was it your stats or something? Not sure what I said to get you to come in and tout yourself.[/quote]

This issue isn't about touting my self nor my softs. This is not the place nor the situation for it. My response is to your belittling of those statistics. My response was simple and that was that there is more to admissions than an L.S.A.T score and a GPA a message that young applicants should adhere to as those "statistics" are predictive but not determinant of someone's potential to succeed in law school. If you take offense to that, that's fine it is what it is. But before you belittle someone just make sure you're doing it for the right reasons and not something paltry as lower scores.

lsdream
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: UIUC 2015

Postby lsdream » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:53 am

In with 75% scholly!

User avatar
givemea170
Posts: 439
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:42 pm

Re: UIUC 2015

Postby givemea170 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:54 am

tooswolle wrote:Yeah I figured as much... I was more surprised that was even accepted...


To respond to your under handed attack there is more to admissions than a numerical index; ie contacts with big people and professional experience. Won't go in to details about it, but let me just tell you I've probably generated more profits for my company than the average joe sees in a year. Take it for what it's worth dude; ps numbers are skewed.[/quote]


Was it your stats or something? Not sure what I said to get you to come in and tout yourself.[/quote]

This issue isn't about touting my self nor my softs. This is not the place nor the situation for it. My response is to your belittling of those statistics. My response was simple and that was that there is more to admissions than an L.S.A.T score and a GPA a message that young applicants should adhere to as those "statistics" are predictive but not determinant of someone's potential to succeed in law school. If you take offense to that, that's fine it is what it is. But before you belittle someone just make sure you're doing it for the right reasons and not something paltry as lower scores.[/quote]

And any other factor the adcomms use will be flawed too. They only have those statistics really, basing it on other factors is unfair because those factors aren't able to be compared to another individual on any legitimate level.

That being said, I'm fine with him getting in with those numbers. Hope to get in with my numbers. 8)

User avatar
Gail
Posts: 977
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:11 am

Re: UIUC 2015

Postby Gail » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:59 am

tooswolle wrote:
My response was simple and that was that there is more to admissions than an L.S.A.T score and a GPA a message that young applicants should adhere to as those "statistics" are predictive but not determinant



Yeah. That sucks.

User avatar
givemea170
Posts: 439
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:42 pm

Re: UIUC 2015

Postby givemea170 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:00 am

Gail wrote:
tooswolle wrote:
My response was simple and that was that there is more to admissions than an L.S.A.T score and a GPA a message that young applicants should adhere to as those "statistics" are predictive but not determinant



Yeah. That sucks.


Gail, what were your stats if you don't mind me asking?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: henryyou and 13 guests