UIUC 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
station4

Re: UIUC 2015

Postby station4 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:39 am

tmon wrote:
LST wrote:
station4 wrote:Hey, did people get their Financial Aid information this week? I saw in the Admitted Students Newsletter from a week or two ago that it was supposed to arrive "on or around April 5th." I have not received mine and am wondering if this is something I should call about on Monday morning?

I have had access to the digital version of my award letter since mid-last week, but have not received a physical version as of yet. I'm sure they're probably still on their way.

Are you talking about the scholarship info they email out, or something different that details your loan amounts and such?

Your total Financial Aid package letter (loan amounts, etc.), just to clarify.

LST

Postby LST » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:20 am

Last edited by LST on Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tmon

Postby tmon » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:12 pm

Okay, so they just sent out financial aid access stuff, but I have no idea how to log in. I've gathered that I need like four number/username/password combos but I can't seem to figure out how to retrieve any of them. Maybe I'm just failing. Anyone been able to figure it out? I think it comes down to the fact that I don't have the ID number...unless I'm forgetting receiving that.

station4

Postby station4 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:16 pm

tmon wrote:Okay, so they just sent out financial aid access stuff, but I have no idea how to log in. I've gathered that I need like four number/username/password combos but I can't seem to figure out how to retrieve any of them. Maybe I'm just failing. Anyone been able to figure it out?

Just came here for the exact same info. I have the UIN, but the Admit ID is throwing me for a loop. It says on the email it is somewhere in the Admittance Letter, but I don't see it there. Tmon, have you deposited yet? Maybe this is a number we get when we deposit?

tmon

Postby tmon » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:17 pm

station4 wrote:
tmon wrote:Okay, so they just sent out financial aid access stuff, but I have no idea how to log in. I've gathered that I need like four number/username/password combos but I can't seem to figure out how to retrieve any of them. Maybe I'm just failing. Anyone been able to figure it out?

Just came here for the exact same info. I have the UIN, but the Admit ID is throwing me for a loop. It says on the email it is somewhere in the Admittance Letter, but I don't see it there. Tmon, have you deposited yet? Maybe this is a number we get when we deposit?

Where'd you get your ID number?

They wouldn't make us deposit before we could retrieve our financial aid info...

wolverine10

Postby wolverine10 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:19 pm

I am with you guys on this. I don't know what my UIN is or how to long in and they are closed right now. Couldn't they mail me a letter or make it simple

tmon

Postby tmon » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:20 pm

Yeah, I've definitely figured out where to start, but you need your University Identification Number, which I can't find in anything I've received.

fakemoney

Postby fakemoney » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:01 pm

Yeah, same deal here. I have my admit letter and can't find the UIN

station4

Postby station4 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:42 am

fakemoney wrote:Yeah, same deal here. I have my admit letter and can't find the UIN

I got my UIN from a separate letter that Financial Aid sent me telling me that I needed to update my FAFSA. Try shooting finaid@illinois.edu an email and asking for it. I corresponded with them several times over FAFSA issues and they were helpful.

mattviphky

Postby mattviphky » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:09 am

Where is the admit ID?

station4

Postby station4 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:53 am

Just got an email with UIN and Admit ID in it. Looked like a mass e-mail, so check your inboxes.

ninjaunderwear

Postby ninjaunderwear » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:55 am

station4 wrote:Just got an email with UIN and Admit ID in it. Looked like a mass e-mail, so check your inboxes.

+1

PLDubs

Postby PLDubs » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:07 am

I got the ID email also, but I didn't get the email with the link to actual letter. Did anyone get that? If so, could someone link to it?

station4

Postby station4 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:27 am

PLDubs wrote:I got the ID email also, but I didn't get the email with the link to actual letter. Did anyone get that? If so, could someone link to it?

"The Office of Student Financial Aid is pleased to inform you that your 2012-2013 Financial Aid Award Letter is now available. Instructions on how to obtain your ID and Password to be able to access your Award Letter are provided on the Office of Student Financial Aid web site at http://www.osfa.illinois.edu

and selecting “Check Your Status”. If you already have this information, you may access your Award Letter directly through UI-Integrate Self-Service at https://apps.uillinois.edu/selfservice/

Once you have accessed your Award Letter, thoroughly review all information provided. You are encouraged to review and accept, decline or reduce your awards as soon as possible. While the deadline to accept your awards is December 14, 2012, you are encouraged to take action as soon as possible and no later than July 15, 2012 in order for your awards to be disbursed in the first financial aid disbursement run for Fall 2012. In addition, the Award Letter includes information on any additional action that is required by you to receive these awards.

This email has been sent to each email address that you have provided to the University in order to ensure that you receive this important financial aid information.

The electronic Award Letter should also be used throughout the year to report additional financial aid awards as well as to request financial aid processing changes. If you have questions regarding your awards or the electronic Award Letter process, please contact a Student Financial Aid Administrator at finaid@illinois.edu or 217-333-0100. All inquiries will require your University Identification Number (UIN). Please be aware that our office will not provide specific financial aid awards and amounts over the phone. Do not respond directly to this email as this email address is not monitored."

PLDubs

Postby PLDubs » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:13 pm

Thanks.

wolverine10

Postby wolverine10 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:32 pm

Ok I got the email but when I try and use my UIN and Admit ID it tells me there is not a valid NetID associated with ti. Anyone else having a problem?

diegoforlan10

Postby diegoforlan10 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:39 pm

wolverine10 wrote:Ok I got the email but when I try and use my UIN and Admit ID it tells me there is not a valid NetID associated with ti. Anyone else having a problem?

You have to jump through a bunch of hoops. First thing you have to do is create a NetID account using your UIN and Admit ID. Then, once you have your NetID and password, you need to create an Enterprise ID. You then use that Enterprise ID and password to access your financial award letter. All of these instructions are in the e-mail I received from the school - check your inbox and spam folders.

Has anyone else checked their awards yet? I have to admit I don't understand a word of what I'm looking at. Here is what I see for my Award Summary:

Fed Direct Loan Unsubsidized
Federal Direct Grad PLUS
Law Scholar-Tuition Restricted

My question is this: what on earth is the "Law Scholar - Tuition Restricted" bar? Is that your scholarship money? It doesn't equal the amount of scholarship money I was offered, is this a mistake?

edited because TLS hates my pretty chart that I slaved to make.

Birdnals

Postby Birdnals » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:41 pm

diegoforlan10 wrote:
wolverine10 wrote:Ok I got the email but when I try and use my UIN and Admit ID it tells me there is not a valid NetID associated with ti. Anyone else having a problem?

You have to jump through a bunch of hoops. First thing you have to do is create a NetID account using your UIN and Admit ID. Then, once you have your NetID and password, you need to create an Enterprise ID. You then use that Enterprise ID and password to access your financial award letter. All of these instructions are in the e-mail I received from the school - check your inbox and spam folders.

Has anyone else checked their awards yet? I have to admit I don't understand a word of what I'm looking at. Here is what I see for my Award Summary:

Fund Status Fall 2012 - Urbana-Champaign Spring 2012 - Urbana-Champaign Total
Fed Direct Loan Unsubsidized Offered A certain number $X $X $X
Federal Direct Grad PLUS Offered $X $X $X
Law Scholar-Tuition Restricted Accepted $X $X $X

My question is this: what on earth is the "Law Scholar - Tuition Restricted" bar? Is that your scholarship money? It doesn't equal the amount of scholarship money I was offered, is this a mistake?

Double check it. It does it by semester it looks like, so the total number at the end should be the correct amount. You might only be looking at semester, or miscalculated in-state status?

At least, that is how mine was.

diegoforlan10

Postby diegoforlan10 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:53 pm

Nope I've checked and rechecked. The math simply doesn't add up. How does yours work? For instance, if I received a 5k/year scholarship, should I see $2,500 under each of Fall and Spring 2013 in the Law-Scholar Tuition Restricted row? (these are just made up numbers) If that's the case my numbers are definitely off from the scholarship they offered me.

Edit: is the Law Scholar Tuition Restricted the amount of money they are giving you (which you don't need to pay back) or the amount of money you have to pay after your scholarship is deducted? Or is it something else? I simply can't figure this out.
Last edited by diegoforlan10 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Birdnals

Postby Birdnals » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:59 pm

Yeah, mine was 25% off in state, so I have 4K and change under each semester, and 9K and change under the year total.

Yeah, mine was 25% off in state, so I have 4K and change under each semester, and 9K and change under the year total. Call them and ask what's up, but I imagine their office is busy fielding questions today.

Also, I am dropping my app today, so hopefully that frees up my money/spot for somebody else. The school is awesome and the students were super nice at ASW, but Wustl is just a better fit for me personally.

mattviphky

Postby mattviphky » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:10 pm

I have my UIN and Net ID, but when I go into the whole enterprise thing to set up a password, it won't let me do it.

diegoforlan10

Postby diegoforlan10 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:38 pm

mattviphky wrote:I have my UIN and Net ID, but when I go into the whole enterprise thing to set up a password, it won't let me do it.

Can you describe the error you're getting in more detail? I went through the whole process with no hiccups.

station4

Postby station4 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:43 pm

mattviphky wrote:I have my UIN and Net ID, but when I go into the whole enterprise thing to set up a password, it won't let me do it.

Have you claimed your NetID yet? The process is a little confusing, but first you go to https://netidclaim.uiuc.edu/claim/claim.fcgi Enter all your info in there and these will give you your NetID and you set your NetID password. Then go to Enterprise, where you use your NetID to set up your Enterprise password/account. Then you view your letter in Enterprise.

LST

Postby LST » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:55 pm

Last edited by LST on Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tmon

Postby tmon » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:12 pm

Yeah, that was easily one of the most complicated things I've dealt with in admissions. I'm not even sure I could explain all the steps to people. Good luck and godspeed, friends. :lol:

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”