UIUC 2015 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
aspenex

New

Re: UIUC 2015

Post by aspenex » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:15 pm

RCJH wrote:Anyone heard anything this week? I though for sure we'd be getting some news with the 2nd deposit and all.
Doesn't look like it, no word here or on LSN

RCJH

New

Post by RCJH » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:04 pm

OK, without giving me a lesson in LSAT flawed reasoning can anyone weigh in on this? My thought process is since no one said anything about getting off of the wait list after the 2nd deposit that means no one or very few people were admitted. Is this probable or am I just trying to think positive?

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:46 pm

It can mean LSN does not have a big enough sample size, or they had a terrific turnout and do not need anyone from WL. Either way, I hope you are right and we will get our call soon!

brotoss

New

Post by brotoss » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:23 am

I'm guessing very few people were admitted off the WL last week. The higher you go in the ranking the more active the school's presence on LSN and TLS is, if there were a good amount of offers I would expect a higher response here and on LSN

RCJH

New

Post by RCJH » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:29 pm

brotoss wrote:I'm guessing very few people were admitted off the WL last week. The higher you go in the ranking the more active the school's presence on LSN and TLS is, if there were a good amount of offers I would expect a higher response here and on LSN

I hope you are right. I would give anything to go to uiuc. My guess is based on those admitted recently they are picking the near 4.0s in lieu of higher lsats. I think I'm out

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:34 pm

RCJH wrote:I hope you are right. I would give anything to go to uiuc. My guess is based on those admitted recently they are picking the near 4.0s in lieu of higher lsats. I think I'm out
It would be nice if Directer Carroll can update us on current status, I am still holding my breath for Illinois.

ashen

Bronze

Post by ashen » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:10 pm

RCJH wrote:
brotoss wrote:I'm guessing very few people were admitted off the WL last week. The higher you go in the ranking the more active the school's presence on LSN and TLS is, if there were a good amount of offers I would expect a higher response here and on LSN

I hope you are right. I would give anything to go to uiuc. My guess is based on those admitted recently they are picking the near 4.0s in lieu of higher lsats. I think I'm out
It's not over 'til the fat lady sings...
Keep in high spirits until August rolls around before giving up, at least I am!
And in the meantime, find something productive to do. Pick up a new hobby, read some books, make some money. etc...

RCJH

New

Post by RCJH » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:18 pm

ashen wrote:
RCJH wrote:

It's not over 'til the fat lady sings...
Keep in high spirits until August rolls around before giving up, at least I am!
And in the meantime, find something productive to do. Pick up a new hobby, read some books, make some money. etc...

Maybe I'll start counting the hairs that fall out every time I see UIUC bumped up in the TLS acceptance thread.

mattviphky

Silver

Post by mattviphky » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:25 pm

Out of curiosity, would any of you guys retake and reapply if you might not get in this year? I didn't get in last year, and this is the route I took.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

nshapkar

Gold

Post by nshapkar » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:30 pm

mattviphky wrote:Out of curiosity, would any of you guys retake and reapply if you might not get in this year? I didn't get in last year, and this is the route I took.

I did the same thing, it was well worth it.

ashen

Bronze

Post by ashen » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:47 pm

nshapkar wrote:
mattviphky wrote:Out of curiosity, would any of you guys retake and reapply if you might not get in this year? I didn't get in last year, and this is the route I took.

It's what I'm doing. ~4 months til October! Plenty of time to study!

tlahood

New

Post by tlahood » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:21 pm

ashen wrote:
nshapkar wrote:

It's what I'm doing. ~4 months til October! Plenty of time to study!
Same here lol. U of I or bust next cycle! I'm taking a question-by-type book on my backpacking trip this summer. Anyone doing any cool internships/jobs/trips in their year off?

expatHK

New

Post by expatHK » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:46 pm

Did everyone receive the following email:

I am writing you to again update you on the status of the waitlist at the University of Illinois College of Law. As you know, our second deposit deadline was June 1. The Class of 2015 is already a highly credentialed and impressive group of future lawyers, but are still looking to add several more students to the class. We have already made some offers off of the waitlist last week, and will make several more later this week.

Additionally, I want to point out that there will continue to be some movement on the waitlist throughout the summer. We once again would like to ask you to let us know if you are still interested in the College of Law by completing this brief survey. This survey includes a comments box where you can type a message of continued interest or any relevant updates to your credentials, if you wish. Alternatively, you may also email law-admissions@illinois.edu with this information. If you are no longer considering the University of Illinois College of Law, we ask that you let us know on the survey and wish you the best.
I hope that you are having a great summer thus far and again thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

RCJH

New

Post by RCJH » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:51 pm

expatHK wrote:Did everyone receive the following email:

I am writing you to again update you on the status of the waitlist at the University of Illinois College of Law. As you know, our second deposit deadline was June 1. The Class of 2015 is already a highly credentialed and impressive group of future lawyers, but are still looking to add several more students to the class. We have already made some offers off of the waitlist last week, and will make several more later this week.

Additionally, I want to point out that there will continue to be some movement on the waitlist throughout the summer. We once again would like to ask you to let us know if you are still interested in the College of Law by completing this brief survey. This survey includes a comments box where you can type a message of continued interest or any relevant updates to your credentials, if you wish. Alternatively, you may also email law-admissions@illinois.edu with this information. If you are no longer considering the University of Illinois College of Law, we ask that you let us know on the survey and wish you the best.
I hope that you are having a great summer thus far and again thank you for your patience.

Best regards,
Yup i got the email too. Probably everybody.

StevenGerrard999

New

Post by StevenGerrard999 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:53 pm

'The Class of 2015 is already a highly credentialed and impressive group of future lawyers'

what a bunch of bullshit

mattviphky

Silver

Post by mattviphky » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:55 pm

StevenGerrard999 wrote:'The Class of 2015 is already a highly credentialed and impressive group of future lawyers'

what a bunch of bullshit

coming from the guy who said a full ride at USC is financial suicide, and that Boston College is a shit school.

StevenGerrard999

New

Post by StevenGerrard999 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:56 pm

i said BU not BC u idiot

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

tmon

Silver

Post by tmon » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:06 pm

You're mad because they're giving you the same kind of line virtually every semi-selective school (not just law) gives to waitlisted and rejected candidates? Really?

RCJH

New

Post by RCJH » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:20 pm

So everyone did get the email?

nshapkar

Gold

Post by nshapkar » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:23 pm

mattviphky wrote:
StevenGerrard999 wrote:'The Class of 2015 is already a highly credentialed and impressive group of future lawyers'

what a bunch of bullshit

coming from the guy who said a full ride at USC is financial suicide, and that Boston College is a shit school.

Don't feed the troll

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:43 pm

RCJH wrote:So everyone did get the email?
Completed the survey and wrote a LOCI. Lets resume praying.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Philipsssssss

Bronze

Post by Philipsssssss » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:32 pm

I think I will be joining you peeps once I make up my mind where to go to law school. :)

How's the rent situation in Chambana?

tmon

Silver

Post by tmon » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:36 pm

Philipsssssss wrote:I think I will be joining you peeps once I make up my mind where to go to law school. :)

Depends on your expectations and what's still available. I moved in semi-recently and am paying significantly less than I did in a big city and am getting way more space. But if you're coming from a smaller place with a more generous market it's probably just par for the course. I've found padmapper.com pretty helpful, FYI. Also, those of us who're accepted are here now. :)

Philipsssssss

Bronze

Post by Philipsssssss » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:37 pm

tmon wrote:
Philipsssssss wrote:I think I will be joining you peeps once I make up my mind where to go to law school. :)

Depends on your expectations and what's still available. I moved in semi-recently and am paying significantly less than I did in a big city and am getting way more space. But if you're coming from a smaller place with a more generous market it's probably just par for the course. I've found padmapper.com pretty helpful, FYI. Also, those of us who're accepted are here now. :)
Thank you :)

RCJH

New

Post by RCJH » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:29 pm

The last email by director Carroll said by the end of the week they would be making more offers....that's today. Anyone hear anything post-email????

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”