UIUC 2015 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Gail

Silver

Re: UIUC 2015

Post by Gail » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:26 pm

givemea170 wrote:looks like I'm not getting off hold with this batch.

fuck me.
I'm honestly kind of hoping to stay on a WL. Part of me would prefer not to be accepted because it would make it so much easier to just start planning to go elsewhere. UIUC has definitely dropped for me in the past month. I'm also starting to become a little concerned with the coming ranking drop and am not sure that it will be able to pull itself out of that hole.

mattviphky

Silver

Post by mattviphky » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:47 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:
mattviphky wrote:IN! Excited about the acceptance! Buuut...5k a year. I like that they offered me something, but I hope to be able to talk them up to the 25% thats been going around, I am above one of the medians after all. :D Hopefully I can negotiate a bit.
Congrats! Are you in-state? 5k seems low if you're out of state.
Thanks dude! Yeah, I'm in-state, and 5k is still def low. I'm gonna try and negotiate for the 25%. I'm above the median on LSAT and have good money from other, albeit lower ranked, schools. If they are generous I will most likely be in Champaign in the fall! I don't know shit about the Big 10, but I guess I got some time to figure it out.
Gail wrote:
mattviphky wrote:IN! Excited about the acceptance! Buuut...5k a year. I like that they offered me something, but I hope to be able to talk them up to the 25% thats been going around, I am above one of the medians after all. :D Hopefully I can negotiate a bit.
Congrats! Hope you can get some more money, dude!
Thanks, me too!

fuck me.
Hold your head up, man. I think you'll be fine. LOCI, and maybe even visit if you can. Seriously, I think the fact that I visited, sold myself, and gave my application a face helped me out a great deal.
Gail wrote:

fuck me.
I'm honestly kind of hoping to stay on a WL. Part of me would prefer not to be accepted because it would make it so much easier to just start planning to go elsewhere. UIUC has definitely dropped for me in the past month. I'm also starting to become a little concerned with the coming ranking drop and am not sure that it will be able to pull itself out of that hole.
That's true, things have seemed sort of...dim. But I'm in-state (which is where i would like to practice), and I probably won't be accepted to any peer schools. SLU with big money is looking good, but idk if it looks as good as UIUC. If they give me a better scholarship it would be absolutely no contest. I'm very thankful for this. For you guys UIUC may not seem that great, but being an Illinoisan who wants to stick around, UIUC is a great option, especially for a guy who hasn't a shot in hell at NU or UC.

givemea170

Bronze

Post by givemea170 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:53 am

I've only heard back from 3 schools.

Accepted with big money at Depaul
Rejected PSU
Rejected Minnesota
Hold Illinois

Guess my application just isn't as strong as I thought it would be. Maybe it is just horrible b/c I can't find a 171 LSAT being rejected from Minnesota or PSU except for mine. Or maybe those schools just don't want a sub 3 GPA... Nature of the business I guess... just wish they knew how meaningless GPA is when comparing people from different schools/majors, hell, even teachers. I had a crazy accounting professor give no B's or A's... yeah, punish me for that D, fuckers, whatever.

mattviphky

Silver

Post by mattviphky » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:59 am

givemea170 wrote:I've only heard back from 3 schools.

Rejected PSU
Rejected Minnesota
Hold Illinois

Guess my application just isn't as strong as I thought it would be. Maybe it is just horrible b/c I can't find a 171 LSAT being rejected from Minnesota or PSU except for mine. Or maybe those schools just don't want a sub 3 GPA... Nature of the business I guess... just wish they knew how meaningless GPA is when comparing people from different schools/majors, hell, even teachers. I had a crazy accounting professor give no B's or A's... yeah, punish me for that D, fuckers, whatever.
Dude, Wash U with money.

ps. some people call it Wustl

hoosierball

New

Post by hoosierball » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:57 am

Gail wrote:

fuck me.
Last edited by hoosierball on Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

in2win

Bronze

Post by in2win » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:48 am

Hey, congrats on getting accepted. i hope to be in the same position soon. I was just wondering, are you URM?? your profile says 164, 3.1 GPA??? If you are non-urm and accepted with those #'s, then seriously congrats again you have a great opportunity.

diegoforlan10

Bronze

Post by diegoforlan10 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:31 pm

--------------
Last edited by diegoforlan10 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mattviphky

Silver

Post by mattviphky » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:54 pm

in2win wrote:

Hey, congrats on getting accepted. i hope to be in the same position soon. I was just wondering, are you URM?? your profile says 164, 3.1 GPA??? If you are non-urm and accepted with those #'s, then seriously congrats again you have a great opportunity.

White. Just good softs (military/political job). I also visited, which helped...I think.

r3dhat

New

Post by r3dhat » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:06 am

In via email on Friday, 162/3.89 with a 5k scholarship :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

givemea170

Bronze

Post by givemea170 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:44 am

mattviphky wrote:

Rejected PSU
Rejected Minnesota
Hold Illinois

Dude, Wash U with money.

I applied to WUSTL... haven't heard anything but I really would prefer Illinois. They need to stop being assholes. Sure, I don't have a 3.7 GPA like most of these guys getting in... but I also scored 9-10 LSAT points higher... significant I think, if its not significant, they shouldn't bother giving the LSAT lol.... fuck just let me in. lol

mattviphky

Silver

Post by mattviphky » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:46 am

like I said, visit or at least LOCI.

givemea170

Bronze

Post by givemea170 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:47 am

mattviphky wrote:like I said, visit or at least LOCI.
I might try to visit but it'd have to be in like a week and it seems possible the decision will be made by then.

Gail

Silver

Post by Gail » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:55 am

givemea170 wrote:
mattviphky wrote:

Rejected PSU
Rejected Minnesota
Hold Illinois

Dude, Wash U with money.

I applied to WUSTL... haven't heard anything but I really would prefer Illinois. They need to stop being assholes. Sure, I don't have a 3.7 GPA like most of these guys getting in... but I also scored 9-10 LSAT points higher... significant I think, if its not significant, they shouldn't bother giving the LSAT lol.... fuck just let me in. lol
They seem to have spent a lot of their time admitting high GPAs. I have to imagine they're looking at their list right now and anticipating having to admit some heavy LSATs. I'm confident you'll be accepted. :)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

givemea170

Bronze

Post by givemea170 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:27 am

Gail wrote:
givemea170 wrote:
mattviphky wrote:

Rejected PSU
Rejected Minnesota
Hold Illinois

Dude, Wash U with money.

They seem to have spent a lot of their time admitting high GPAs. I have to imagine they're looking at their list right now and anticipating having to admit some heavy LSATs. I'm confident you'll be accepted. :)
Thanks man... I've missed it with you but have you been accepted yet? Gonna send an LOCI just to let them know they are still my top choice.

phillipjg

New

Post by phillipjg » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:05 pm

I have similar enough stats as to be possibly confused with gimmea170. The day I was held I emailed Jenny with an update to my application, and I mentioned a conversation with her at a LSAC forum. I've been very impressed with her and UIUC through the admissions process.

I'd urge you to email admissions and express your continued interest if it's still your top choice. Also, you might want to watch what you post as in the past Illinois admissions people have posted on here, and it's likely they watch their own thread.

freaknroll

Bronze

Post by freaknroll » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:11 pm

Has anyone heard anything regarding travel subsidies/stipends for the ASW's? I emailed them when I was accepted a month ago asking them and they told me they would let me know in a week but I've heard nothing so far.

btw384

Bronze

Post by btw384 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:18 pm

freaknroll wrote:Has anyone heard anything regarding travel subsidies/stipends for the ASW's? I emailed them when I was accepted a month ago asking them and they told me they would let me know in a week but I've heard nothing so far.
+1. I've been waiting for the same information. Haven't heard a peep.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mattviphky

Silver

Post by mattviphky » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:23 pm

So...uh, anyone care about Big 10 sports? I'm trying to get into it a little bit more. Given my proximity to Champaign, I've always paid attention when the Illini do well, but they never were that heavy on my radar, it was mostly Notre Dame. I was looking up future schedules and it looks like there could be some solid games.

Opie

Silver

Post by Opie » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:25 pm

mattviphky wrote:So...uh, anyone care about Big 10 sports? I'm trying to get into it a little bit more. Given my proximity to Champaign, I've always paid attention when the Illini do well, but they never were that heavy on my radar, it was mostly Notre Dame. I was looking up future schedules and it looks like there could be some solid games.
I've been a Hawkeye fan for years. The Big Ten is exciting. Should be interesting with Nebraska in the mix and Penn State's shake up.

STLMizzou

Bronze

Post by STLMizzou » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:57 pm

So are people who got the “held” email sending LOCI’s? I didn’t know if that was the standard response or if I should just wait until an official decision. I know I am a splitter but I figured I would have a decision by now considering I’m in-state, have alumni relatives, and people with similar or smaller numbers than I have got in already with money.

Gail

Silver

Post by Gail » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:01 pm

givemea170 wrote: Thanks man... I've missed it with you but have you been accepted yet? Gonna send an LOCI just to let them know they are still my top choice.
Not yet. I'm thinking that in this week we'll know.

Probably by the 9th.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Opie

Silver

Post by Opie » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:35 pm

I just got the mail and there is an awesome package in there from UIUC for me! It's a custom UIUC USB drive with a link to a site with a flipbook and some other cool resources.

Very nice marketing UIUC.

freaknroll

Bronze

Post by freaknroll » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:36 pm

Opie wrote:I just got the mail and there is an awesome package in there from UIUC for me! It's a custom UIUC USB drive with a link to a site with a flipbook and some other cool resources.

When were you accepted?

Opie

Silver

Post by Opie » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:04 pm

freaknroll wrote:
Opie wrote:I just got the mail and there is an awesome package in there from UIUC for me! It's a custom UIUC USB drive with a link to a site with a flipbook and some other cool resources.

When were you accepted?
1/6

BKCentral

Bronze

Post by BKCentral » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:05 pm

Got that too. At first glance I thought it was a zippo lighter haha. Pretty nice though, I like the idea of sending all the info in a nice little marketing tool.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”