UW Madison c/o 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
G.I. JAG

Re: UW Madison c/o 2015

Postby G.I. JAG » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:10 am

buckythebadger wrote:
tooswolle wrote:I'm relieved to hear others see movement from the looks of it, we're getting a decision soon. Best of luck to everyone.

My best guess is that we should get some decisions on Monday. By the looks of last years thread, a bunch of acceptances went out on Monday, December 13. I'm hoping my logic is right and we get some movement next week!

I could have done without hearing [/reading] this. It's very difficult to get my work accomplished while continually checking LSN, e-mail and status updater.

buckythebadger

Postby buckythebadger » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:28 am

G.I. JAG wrote:
buckythebadger wrote:
tooswolle wrote:I'm relieved to hear others see movement from the looks of it, we're getting a decision soon. Best of luck to everyone.

My best guess is that we should get some decisions on Monday. By the looks of last years thread, a bunch of acceptances went out on Monday, December 13. I'm hoping my logic is right and we get some movement next week!

I could have done without hearing [/reading] this. It's very difficult to get my work accomplished while continually checking LSN, e-mail and status updater.

My checker just changed dates to today but I'm still in review. First time it has updated since I went in review. Sign of movement maybe??

minnbills

Postby minnbills » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:29 am

Yeah I think it's high time for some movement.

G.I. JAG

Postby G.I. JAG » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:40 am

buckythebadger wrote:
G.I. JAG wrote:
buckythebadger wrote:

My checker just changed dates to today but I'm still in review. First time it has updated since I went in review. Sign of movement maybe??

Yeah, mine did that last month. I thought for sure something would was coming shortly thereafter.

tooswolle

Postby tooswolle » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:48 am

I wish we had more people commenting. I saw changes on my under review on. 12/01 I submitted on 10/30 and went complete 11/01. My guess would be it went up to another level of review like where they vote yay or nay on your app. ( purely speculative but the Minnesota status checker mentions change in review Like higher level )

nickjive

Postby nickjive » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:05 pm

tooswolle wrote:I wish we had more people commenting. I saw changes on my under review on. 12/01 I submitted on 10/30 and went complete 11/01. My guess would be it went up to another level of review like where they vote yay or nay on your app. ( purely speculative but the Minnesota status checker mentions change in review Like higher level )

I have almost identical dates to yours: Submitted 10/31, under review 11/4, and under review (again) 12/01

No date change since

milljp02

Postby milljp02 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:48 pm

Mine has been in review since the 2nd or 5th, somewhere in there. Today the date changed for me as well (12/12). Movin' on up?

G.I. JAG

Postby G.I. JAG » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:55 pm

I sent mine in September, got an initial review in early October, then the date changed on 11-9.

tooswolle

Postby tooswolle » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:10 pm

nickjive wrote:
tooswolle wrote:I wish we had more people commenting. I saw changes on my under review on. 12/01 I submitted on 10/30 and went complete 11/01. My guess would be it went up to another level of review like where they vote yay or nay on your app. ( purely speculative but the Minnesota status checker mentions change in review Like higher level )

I have almost identical dates to yours: Submitted 10/31, under review 11/4, and under review (again) 12/01

No date change since

Nice to hear, here's hoping we both get good news. This waiting game has seriously made me unproductive at work. (hyperbole of couse but still...)All I do is check TLS and refresh my email lol.

nickjive

Postby nickjive » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:17 pm

tooswolle wrote:
nickjive wrote:

No date change since

Nice to hear, here's hoping we both get good news. This waiting game has seriously made me unproductive at work. (hyperbole of couse but still...)All I do is check TLS and refresh my email lol.

Dude, tell me about it. I'm going nuts

minnbills

Postby minnbills » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:18 pm

Had an email exchange with the admissions dept. earlier today, they are close to sending out decisions. HTH

tennisballs

Postby tennisballs » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:21 pm

minnbills wrote:Had an email exchange with the admissions dept. earlier today, they are close to sending out decisions. HTH

"Close" is ambiguous... do you think like today close?

minnbills

Postby minnbills » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:23 pm

tennisballs wrote:
minnbills wrote:Had an email exchange with the admissions dept. earlier today, they are close to sending out decisions. HTH

They needed me to update my app, and implied that outside of that update, they were ready to make a decision.

I don't know if it's today close, but definitely soon.

tennisballs

Postby tennisballs » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:26 pm

minnbills wrote:
tennisballs wrote:

They needed me to update my app, and implied that outside of that update, they were ready to make a decision.

Exciting, thanks!

G.I. JAG

Postby G.I. JAG » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:31 pm

minnbills wrote:
tennisballs wrote:

About two hours ago I decided to stop obsessively checking for updates. So much for that.

RCJH

Postby RCJH » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:19 pm

I spoke on the phone with admissions about a month ago and they told me the last date for them to make decisions was 12/15. Looks like it might be the only day they make decisions?

Good luck everyone.

tyro

Postby tyro » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:39 pm

I'm one of the early decision people. Also still "in review" and submitted in October. Good luck!

buckythebadger

Postby buckythebadger » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:38 pm

I just talked today with someone on admissions. They said that if you are ED, you will get a decisions by December 15th. If you are RD, they said it is possible, but not guaranteed that you will get a decision. And the previous poster was right in saying that the 15th is the last day until the holiday break. So its either this week for us RD, or a few more weeks if we don't get a decision.

tyro

Postby tyro » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:21 pm

Anyone have data on applicants from previous years who did the binding ED? I haven't found anything on LSN.

G.I. JAG

Postby G.I. JAG » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:37 pm

tyro wrote:Anyone have data on applicants from previous years who did the binding ED? I haven't found anything on LSN.

If you're looking for a time-frame I think it's safe to assume that the folks who heard on 12-13 last year on LSN were probably the EDs (there's a handful on there). At this point though it's probably a good idea to just assume that you won't hear anything until the deadline on Thursday.

tyro

Postby tyro » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:50 pm

G.I. JAG wrote:
tyro wrote:Anyone have data on applicants from previous years who did the binding ED? I haven't found anything on LSN.

If you're looking for a time-frame I think it's safe to assume that the folks who heard on 12-13 last year on LSN were probably the EDs (there's a handful on there). At this point though it's probably a good idea to just assume that you won't hear anything until the deadline on Thursday.

Yeah but some of those people did not attend which means it was not a binding decision. Is the binding early decision new this year?

G.I. JAG

Postby G.I. JAG » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:01 pm

tyro wrote:
G.I. JAG wrote:

Yeah but some of those people did not attend which means it was not a binding decision. Is the binding early decision new this year?

No, I'm sure I remember the binding ED in 2009 when I first started looking at law schools. I think, after looking more carefully, the numbers seem to indicate that the strongest candidates heard about the same time as the ED's were supposed to (those with high LSAT/GPA). The possible one exception being the guy who attended with median scores hearing at the same time, and I would assume he was the ED.

buckythebadger

Postby buckythebadger » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:01 pm

tyro wrote:
G.I. JAG wrote:

I actually do think that it is rather new. According to --LinkRemoved-- there was no ED when this was made. So it has to be relatively new or completely new this year.

Edit: That site was last updated in 2009, and there was no ED according to it at the time.

tooswolle

Postby tooswolle » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:25 pm

All of this talk is gonna have me checking my emails often lol. I'm RD but saw my in review status change once after going in to in review. What I read on other posts is that once it changes twice people got decisions. Hopefully the same holds true.

tyro

Postby tyro » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:08 pm

buckythebadger wrote:I actually do think that it is rather new. According to --LinkRemoved-- there was no ED when this was made. So it has to be relatively new or completely new this year.

Edit: That site was last updated in 2009, and there was no ED according to it at the time.

Yeah I found this spreadsheet here that was linked from the TLS article on ED/EA and Wisconsin had none at that time.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key ... utput=html

It's probably new this year.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”