UW Madison c/o 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ashley12

Re: UW Madison c/o 2015

Postby ashley12 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:21 am

Bmarce wrote:Does anybody expect movement this week? I am hoping for some good news.

I am hoping to hear something back as well, though I haven't been UR for too terribly long (12/13) so it might be awhile.

tooswolle

Postby tooswolle » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:15 pm

ashley12 wrote:
Bmarce wrote:Does anybody expect movement this week? I am hoping for some good news.

I am hoping to hear something back as well, though I haven't been UR for too terribly long (12/13) so it might be awhile.

Count me in...submitted my app 10/30 went under review 11/01 then review again 12/01. Really hoping for this one the most.

Bmarce

Postby Bmarce » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:51 pm

The wait is sooooo painful. Can anyone report any movement? My status is stuck on 12/1.

BearsGrl

Postby BearsGrl » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:57 pm

Bmarce wrote:The wait is sooooo painful. Can anyone report any movement? My status is stuck on 12/1.

What does your status say?

Bmarce

Postby Bmarce » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:02 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
Bmarce wrote:The wait is sooooo painful. Can anyone report any movement? My status is stuck on 12/1.

What does your status say?

"In Review"

YankeeFan2

Postby YankeeFan2 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:33 pm

Still sitting in review as of 12/1.

KibblesnBitts

Postby KibblesnBitts » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:12 pm

YankeeFan2 wrote:Still sitting in review as of 12/1.

In Review purgatory....same here.

gfj90

Postby gfj90 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:49 pm

In Review since 12/20. I was looking on LSN and it looks like a lot of people received their decisions around January 20th last year. Hopefully that means we are getting close!

BearsGrl

Postby BearsGrl » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:54 pm

Regardless, you will have to love all things: Brewers, Packers, Badgers, Golden Eagles and Warhawks.

You will assimilate. :)

tooswolle

Postby tooswolle » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:16 pm

This wait is crazy....id like to email to find out what's going on. But I guess Ill wait, patience is a virtue as they say.

BearsGrl

Postby BearsGrl » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:21 pm

tooswolle wrote:This wait is crazy....id like to email to find out what's going on. But I guess Ill wait, patience is a virtue as they say.

Is it your first choice? In state or out of state?

tooswolle

Postby tooswolle » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:48 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
tooswolle wrote:This wait is crazy....id like to email to find out what's going on. But I guess Ill wait, patience is a virtue as they say.

Is it your first choice? In state or out of state?

First choice, I'm currently out of state. The adcom I met with sold me on the school we honestly spent a good half hour at an L.S.A.C forum. I also saw on lsn that they give generous scholarships to some people. Of course in the end $ is my main concern and I have options. In the end badger football, diploma privilege sound like good things to me.

topper10s

Postby topper10s » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:38 am

BearsGrl wrote:

Regardless, you will have to love all things: Brewers, Packers, Badgers, Golden Eagles and Warhawks.

Warhawks? Seriously?

BearsGrl

Postby BearsGrl » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:31 pm

topper10s wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:

Warhawks? Seriously?

It's a state school that is D-3 and has won their championship game, the last three years. WI has a lot of state pride - whether it be for our beer or our teams.

YankeeFan2

Postby YankeeFan2 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:43 pm

topper10s wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:

Warhawks? Seriously?

That's what I thought as well. Still going to be a Yankee fan -- even in Wisconsin.

KibblesnBitts

Postby KibblesnBitts » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:52 pm

YankeeFan2 wrote:
topper10s wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:

Warhawks? Seriously?

That's what I thought as well. Still going to be a Yankee fan -- even in Wisconsin.

I'm a Denver Broncos, Colorado Avalanche, New York Yankees, and Memphis Grizzlies fan. Trust me, just stick to your teams no matter where you are and you're going to be fine.

NCB166

Postby NCB166 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:55 pm

YankeeFan2 wrote:
topper10s wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:

Warhawks? Seriously?

You won't be out of place at all. I don't know what they were talking about when they said people at UW assimilate. I go to undergrad here now, and pretty much everybody reps their local teams. You'll see a fair amount of Yankee and Giants/Jets gear as there is a definite coastie presence on campus. It's not as if Madison is some sports vacuum where everybody is a Packers/Brewers/Bucks fan. There are fans of just about every team, and that, more than anything else, helps to create a vibrant sports culture in Madison.

The one team that will you will need to cheer on is the Wisconsin Badgers, but that's really not that hard to do. On the whole, the Badger teams are composed of some really classy players who play the game in the right way. Camp Randall and the Kohl Center are also some of the nicest facilities in the nation. All in all, Madison is definitely one of the better sports cities in America, even if you can't stand the Packers or Brewers.

smalltownsurprise

Postby smalltownsurprise » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:00 pm

You won't be out of place at all. I don't know what they were talking about when they said people at UW assimilate. I go to undergrad here now, and pretty much everybody reps their local teams. You'll see a fair amount of Yankee and Giants/Jets gear as there is a definite coastie presence on campus. It's not as if Madison is some sports vacuum where everybody is a Packers/Brewers/Bucks fan. There are fans of just about every team, and that, more than anything else, helps to create a vibrant sports culture in Madison.

The one team that will you will need to cheer on is the Wisconsin Badgers, but that's really not that hard to do. On the whole, the Badger teams are composed of some really classy players who play the game in the right way. Camp Randall and the Kohl Center are also some of the nicest facilities in the nation. All in all, Madison is definitely one of the better sports cities in America, even if you can't stand the Packers or Brewers.

Spoken like a true Badger. You're welcome to support who you support...as long as you also support the Badgers :)

BearsGrl

Postby BearsGrl » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:41 pm

YankeeFan2 wrote:
topper10s wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:

Warhawks? Seriously?

Oh I only meant that the state has a lot of pride for its teams. Of course you can still like your teams of choice.

Unless it's the Cubs. :) Just kidding!

tooswolle

Postby tooswolle » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:28 pm

Anyone care to take a guess to when we'll hear something? I'm assuming the amount of test takes that declined is inversely affecting the admissions process. Just really want to know already though.

vaguephoenix

Postby vaguephoenix » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:38 pm

Sent in my app this morning (2am) - in state resident. 3.24/164. How long did it hear for people to hear back? And predictions for me? Don't be shy. I have stronger softs too.

scottwisconsin

Postby scottwisconsin » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:09 pm

Haven't posted here in quite awhile. I deferred my acceptance for two years to work in advocacy for an environmental non-profit when I graduated in 2010. Excited for fall. Any questions about Madison? I went to undergrad here, work here, and generally bleed Wisconsin.

good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!

tooswolle

Postby tooswolle » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:11 pm

scottwisconsin wrote:Haven't posted here in quite awhile. I deferred my acceptance for two years to work in advocacy for an environmental non-profit when I graduated in 2010. Excited for fall. Any questions about Madison? I went to undergrad here, work here, and generally bleed Wisconsin.

Congrats bro on starting this fall. I have a quick question on the social life? How are the ladies and how's the scene in general. I live by a simple motto work hard play hard and if I'm fortunate to be admitted I wanna enjoy everything they Madison has to offer me.

Bmarce

Postby Bmarce » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:34 pm

tooswolle wrote:
scottwisconsin wrote:Haven't posted here in quite awhile. I deferred my acceptance for two years to work in advocacy for an environmental non-profit when I graduated in 2010. Excited for fall. Any questions about Madison? I went to undergrad here, work here, and generally bleed Wisconsin.

Congrats bro on starting this fall. I have a quick question on the social life? How are the ladies and how's the scene in general. I live by a simple motto work hard play hard and if I'm fortunate to be admitted I wanna enjoy everything they Madison has to offer me.

+1

vaguephoenix

Postby vaguephoenix » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:43 pm

tooswolle wrote:

Going to undergrad here. It's definitely a great, great party place. Good game day scene, and the night life is pretty good. There's capital bars for a more adult scene, and then State St and University Ave for a more college scene. I love it here, and hope I can stay for law school.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”