UW Madison c/o 2015 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tennisballs

New

Re: UW Madison c/o 2015

Post by tennisballs » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:40 pm

vpintz wrote:
tooswolle wrote:Has anybody else had the status date change on their in review status? I'm kind of stressing about it....since I really want get in to Wisconsin.
Yyyep, same boat.
Same, yesterday. I love Madison.

tennisballs

New

Post by tennisballs » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:30 pm

Was there a separate scholarship application to turn in?

Its been awhile and my memory is hazy.

tooswolle

Bronze

Post by tooswolle » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:40 pm

Yea it came a few days after you went complete. I think it was for need based aid. I can't remember too much about it but it had you put your income, savings and expenses an to discuss any reason why you should receive aid.

tennisballs

New

Post by tennisballs » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:15 am

tooswolle wrote:Yea it came a few days after you went complete. I think it was for need based aid. I can't remember too much about it but it had you put your income, savings and expenses an to discuss any reason why you should receive aid.
Thanks for the response, do you think that it is important to have that submitted while they are looking at your application?

tooswolle

Bronze

Post by tooswolle » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:46 am

Not a 100% sure, but I'm going to guess it helps the scholarship committee decide how to allocate funds. I'd try to get it done as soon as possible though, just to be safe.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

buckythebadger

Bronze

Post by buckythebadger » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:25 pm

Just got updated to in review today! I would love to get a quick turnaround with the first set of decisions that should be coming soon

KibblesnBitts

Bronze

Post by KibblesnBitts » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:35 pm

buckythebadger wrote:Just got updated to in review today! I would love to get a quick turnaround with the first set of decisions that should be coming soon
I've been in review since the 1st - the anticipation is killing me!

tooswolle

Bronze

Post by tooswolle » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:40 pm

I'm relieved to hear others see movement from the looks of it, we're getting a decision soon. Best of luck to everyone.

buckythebadger

Bronze

Post by buckythebadger » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:56 am

tooswolle wrote:I'm relieved to hear others see movement from the looks of it, we're getting a decision soon. Best of luck to everyone.
My best guess is that we should get some decisions on Monday. By the looks of last years thread, a bunch of acceptances went out on Monday, December 13. I'm hoping my logic is right and we get some movement next week!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

tennisking88

Silver

Post by tennisking88 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:57 pm

buckythebadger wrote:
tooswolle wrote:I'm relieved to hear others see movement from the looks of it, we're getting a decision soon. Best of luck to everyone.
My best guess is that we should get some decisions on Monday. By the looks of last years thread, a bunch of acceptances went out on Monday, December 13. I'm hoping my logic is right and we get some movement next week!
Just got an email inviting me to a UW reception in my city. Anyone else?

Stl2012

New

Post by Stl2012 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:02 pm

tennisking88 wrote:
buckythebadger wrote:
Just got an email inviting me to a UW reception in my city. Anyone else?
Got the same thing for Washington, DC on Jan. 5. Unfortunately I'm leaving DC next week...

RNDC4162

New

Post by RNDC4162 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:24 pm

Has anyone gotten into UW yet? A friend of mines status on facebook said he was accepted?

G.I. JAG

New

Post by G.I. JAG » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:35 pm

RNDC4162 wrote:Has anyone gotten into UW yet? A friend of mines status on facebook said he was accepted?
A flurry of people just checked their status after reading this. What's his numbers, and I assume he applied ED?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

buckythebadger

Bronze

Post by buckythebadger » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:38 pm

RNDC4162 wrote:Has anyone gotten into UW yet? A friend of mines status on facebook said he was accepted?
No one on TLS or LSN has reported any acceptances yet

RNDC4162

New

Post by RNDC4162 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:38 pm

Sorry for causing the uproar. I am not sure what his numbers are or if he applied ED. I will have to ask him when I finish work.

tooswolle

Bronze

Post by tooswolle » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:55 pm

Probably would have to had been an ED applicant. I applied early November and haven't seen much movement. Definitely hoping to hear something ASAP because I really want to get in to UW.

tyro

Silver

Post by tyro » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:21 pm

Good luck to the ED applicants!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

tyro

Silver

Post by tyro » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:22 am

This is what the law building looks like for anyone interested

greenchair

Bronze

Post by greenchair » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:39 pm

Wait... I applied ED and I'm still "in review" --- does this mean I wasn't in the batch of acceptances? DOES THIS MEAN I WASNT ADMITTED? waaaaaaaaa

buckythebadger

Bronze

Post by buckythebadger » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:28 pm

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that we hear something this week, if not tomorrow!

tooswolle

Bronze

Post by tooswolle » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:36 pm

buckythebadger wrote:I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that we hear something this week, if not tomorrow!
Couldn't agree with you more. The earlier I know the better since I'm all the way in CA and I'd have to start looking in to the logistics of moving there.

Does anybody know how easy it is to get a place out there?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

buckythebadger

Bronze

Post by buckythebadger » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:34 am

tooswolle wrote:
buckythebadger wrote:I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that we hear something this week, if not tomorrow!
Couldn't agree with you more. The earlier I know the better since I'm all the way in CA and I'd have to start looking in to the logistics of moving there.

If you go to the admitted students website, they give out a few links to help look for places to live. You looking anywhere from $500 on up for an apartment/studio. There's generally plenty of available places, but the sooner you look the better chance you have of snagging a good deal.

Also, since your from CA, you'll have to think about parking if your bringing your vehicle with. Parking is an absolute mess in Madison. Some places have heated underground parking while some places your completely on your own. So make sure to look into that as well.

tooswolle

Bronze

Post by tooswolle » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:22 am

buckythebadger wrote:
tooswolle wrote:

If you go to the admitted students website, they give out a few links to help look for places to live. You looking anywhere from $500 on up for an apartment/studio. There's generally plenty of available places, but the sooner you look the better chance you have of snagging a good deal.

Also, since your from CA, you'll have to think about parking if your bringing your vehicle with. Parking is an absolute mess in Madison. Some places have heated underground parking while some places your completely on your own. So make sure to look into that as well.
Thanks for the advice I'm definitely looking in to things tentatively at the moment. If I get in it'll be one big move depending on what other schools accept me and their offers. I don't think I'll be taking my car out there, does anybody know if they are necessary to live out there?

Mr. Carter

New

Post by Mr. Carter » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:51 am

A car is definitely not necessary. At least for four years of undergrad it wasn't (and the law school is on the hill with all the undergrad classes).

theavrock

Silver

Post by theavrock » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:29 am

Car isn't needed. It's nice to have for trips to the grocery store, but definitely not needed. Madison revolves around the university. You can get just about anywhere by bus as long as you are within a few miles of campus. I live 2 miles from campus and during most times there are a few buses that head to campus.

As to parking I get why people say it is a mess, but if you are outside of campus hell it's not a big deal.

I signed a lease in late April. You definitely have some time. The earlier the better though because the best places. predictably, get snatched up right away. Craigslist is probably your best bet.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”