UW Madison c/o 2015 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
YankeeFan2

Bronze

Re: UW Madison c/o 2015

Post by YankeeFan2 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:38 pm

So I am still in review with the infamous date of 12/1/11. So, are they releasing decisions in a particular order?

Jake5

New

Post by Jake5 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:39 pm

YankeeFan2 wrote:So I am still in review with the infamous date of 12/1/11. So, are they releasing decisions in a particular order?
+1.... me as well

Bmarce

Bronze

Post by Bmarce » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:44 pm

tooswolle wrote:Wow wait listed, was not expecting that at all. Oh well looks like I'll be in IL this fall.

Me too. I am shocked, I am above both medians and I am a URM. I suppose that it is because I am OOS. I guess I'll do a LOCI.[/quote]

Same here im a urm male with numbers comparable to others who have been accepted. I'm OOS I hope they didn't wait list us or that.[/quote]

It could also be yield protect, if it is, then it really sucks. I have already been WLed at UIUC even though others with lesser numbers were admitted.[/quote]

Yea bro it seems like total bull. Did anybody have in bold a request to send a letter of continued interest? Also does anyone know how this wait list works. I'm pretty heated, and curious why it took them this long to say maybe?[/quote]

I also had a bold message concerning a LOCI.

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:51 pm

It could also be yield protect, if it is, then it really sucks. I have already been WLed at UIUC even though others with lesser numbers were admitted.[/quote]

UW in the past hasn't used yield protection. I know that last cycle it accepted one person in the 170s. It has used a strong WL bench and is known as a WLer school. It is also more tough on out of state residents because UW is a school that is a middle ground school that a lot of out of state people apply to with no intention of actually attending.

My understanding is that it strongly takes the intent of someone that would actually attend it versus those applicants that just apply to it as part of the group of "schools in the Midwest that I might attend." That's my general understanding at least. Your numbers are in line with past WL candidates so I wouldn't think anything pro or con about it.

tooswolle

Bronze

Post by tooswolle » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:00 pm

Did everyone get that bold statement? Or did only a few ?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

vpintz

Silver

Post by vpintz » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:09 pm

Jake5 wrote:
YankeeFan2 wrote:So I am still in review with the infamous date of 12/1/11. So, are they releasing decisions in a particular order?
+1.... me as well
Same here. UGH I JUST WANNA KNOW DAMMIT

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:13 pm

tooswolle wrote:Did everyone get that bold statement? Or did only a few ?
If it's the same as last cycle, all waitlist candidates received the same message. It looks like it is the same method this year. The only difference is that the waitlists are going out later this cycle than in past cycles. I haven't seen any rejections sent out yet either.

Congrats on the WL!

TXG

New

Post by TXG » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:55 pm

tooswolle wrote:
Bmarce wrote:
tooswolle wrote:
tooswolle wrote:Holy crap my status change to decision made. Kind of freakinf out hoping for the best!!!!
Wow wait listed, was not expecting that at all. Oh well looks like I'll be in IL this fall.

Me too. I am shocked, I am above both medians and I am a URM. I suppose that it is because I am OOS. I guess I'll do a LOCI.
Same here im a urm male with numbers comparable to others who have been accepted. I'm OOS I hope they didn't wait list us or that.

Kind of a little bitter but it makes me feel like the diversity talk was BS

Yea I was WL as well! Shocked! Oh Well...considering withdrawing now. :roll:

tooswolle

Bronze

Post by tooswolle » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:09 pm

Totally agree with this. How the heck do they have few acceptances and then all of a sudden wait list a lot of students. I'm thinking of withdrawing as well as a wait list is a slap to my face and pride. Maybe I'm not seeing the bigger picture....but seriously surprised that they wait listed us before the big wave of acceptances.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

KibblesnBitts

Bronze

Post by KibblesnBitts » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:12 pm

I'm still stuck in 12/1 Purgatory.

Granted, I'll immediately withdraw if I get a WL.

favrefire4

Silver

Post by favrefire4 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:18 pm

KibblesnBitts wrote:I'm still stuck in 12/1 Purgatory.

I'm starting to get worried that those of us still suck at 12/1 will be the first dings of the cycle.

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:19 pm

When did everyone submit their initial application?
When did everyone go through their first review?
When did everyone go through their second review?

There may be more answers coming out the rest of the week so don't lose hope!

KibblesnBitts

Bronze

Post by KibblesnBitts » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:23 pm

favrefire4 wrote:

I'm starting to get worried that those of us still suck at 12/1 will be the first dings of the cycle.
Good point. Oh well, C'est la vie.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Jake5

New

Post by Jake5 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:31 pm

KibblesnBitts wrote:
favrefire4 wrote:

Good point. Oh well, C'est la vie.
I wouldn't worry about that... there is no way to know.

ashley12

Bronze

Post by ashley12 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:24 pm

Happy to see that people actually do still exist in Madison, sad to see so many WLs among those who have patiently waited it out. I was in the 12/1 club before I went UR again on 1/19 and I am still waiting as well. Good luck to everyone else still waiting and to those who will surely find some way off that WL!

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:22 pm

ashley12 wrote:Happy to see that people actually do still exist in Madison, sad to see so many WLs among those who have patiently waited it out. I was in the 12/1 club before I went UR again on 1/19 and I am still waiting as well. Good luck to everyone else still waiting and to those who will surely find some way off that WL!
Didn't you go into review with the second group of applicants? I submitted my app. after the 12/1 date. I didn't go into review until the 13th. I thought you had a similar track to mine in that regard?

ashley12

Bronze

Post by ashley12 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:28 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
ashley12 wrote:Happy to see that people actually do still exist in Madison, sad to see so many WLs among those who have patiently waited it out. I was in the 12/1 club before I went UR again on 1/19 and I am still waiting as well. Good luck to everyone else still waiting and to those who will surely find some way off that WL!
Didn't you go into review with the second group of applicants? I submitted my app. after the 12/1 date. I didn't go into review until the 13th. I thought you had a similar track to mine in that regard?
You know what I think you're right it was later. The 13th I think. So maybe we still have a bit longer to wait out.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:12 pm

ashley12 wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
You know what I think you're right it was later. The 13th I think. So maybe we still have a bit longer to wait out.
Yeah - I think there were three of us that said that we had gone into a second review on the 19th of January. I have no clue what this "holding zone" means. Just waiting it out - trying my best to not over-think it. I just figured that we were part of a different group. What the different means, I have no clue and will just wait it out.

nucky thompson

Bronze

Post by nucky thompson » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:00 pm

To the current student taking questions....

How difficult is it for OOS students to establish residency for tuition purposes 2/3L?

What kind of scholarships does Wisconsin typically give out and to what kind of applicants?

iamsparticus

New

Post by iamsparticus » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:47 pm

nucky thompson wrote:To the current student taking questions....

How difficult is it for OOS students to establish residency for tuition purposes 2/3L?

What kind of scholarships does Wisconsin typically give out and to what kind of applicants?

If you matriculate as OOS that is your status all 3 years.

tyro

Silver

Post by tyro » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:48 pm

greenchair wrote:I was just waitlisted. 3.19/161 non URM

Early decision deferral applicant. IN STATE
This gives me hope that I probably won't be outright rejected at least. GLGL!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

tennisking88

Silver

Post by tennisking88 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:54 pm

iamsparticus wrote:

At an LSAC forum the rep told me you can defer for a year and apply for in-state residency.

ashley12

Bronze

Post by ashley12 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:01 am

tennisking88 wrote:
iamsparticus wrote:

At an LSAC forum the rep told me you can defer for a year and apply for in-state residency.
I have heard this, but I have also heard horror stories from a few individuals who did this and then still did not get that status. Everytime I have directly asked an admissions rep in the past two months about residency, they have told me I would basically have to establish myself as a bona fide resident and then apply as one in order to guarantee IS tuition.

tooswolle

Bronze

Post by tooswolle » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:14 am

After the brief hours of anger and frustration cooler heads have prevailed. Ive read Wisconsin is notorious for wait listing students. Does anybody know how rampant it is? Does anybody know why? And finally what are the chances of aid coming off the wait list?

On a relevant note just finished one of my best works. A letter of continued interested that broke it down to them why I want to be there. Good luck to everyone waiting and hopefully there aren't more shockers like today.

tyro

Silver

Post by tyro » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:14 am

tennisking88 wrote:
iamsparticus wrote:

Yup, but just be aware that like most states, they're keeping an eye out for people who moved here for a year just to get that discount on tuition. A Bona Fide resident is NOT someone who is going to live in WI for a year, go to school here, and then leave the state permanently.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”