UW Madison c/o 2015 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
buckythebadger

Bronze

UW Madison c/o 2015

Post by buckythebadger » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:40 am

Any other future badgers out there? I'm hoping to get my application submitted within the next 2 weeks here, and will be attending fall open house this Friday.

minnbills

Gold

Re: UW Madison c/o 2015

Post by minnbills » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:21 pm

I applied earlier this week, fingers crossed!

buckythebadger

Bronze

Post by buckythebadger » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:04 am

minnbills wrote:I applied earlier this week, fingers crossed!
Are you going to write the "Why Wisconsin"? I'm taking a tour this Friday so I was going to take a few notes just in case I end up writing it and need something to talk about. Although it seems kind of pointless being a in state resident, this is basically a safety school I think.

BuckinghamB

Bronze

Post by BuckinghamB » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:10 am

Sup Bucky? I'll be throwing an app here too. I go here too so PM me if you have any questions about the campus/school...the Law Building is pretty sweet!

buckythebadger

Bronze

Post by buckythebadger » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:17 am

BuckinghamB wrote:Sup Bucky? I'll be throwing an app here too. I go here too so PM me if you have any questions about the campus/school...the Law Building is pretty sweet!
Good to see a fellow Wisconsinite. Hopefully they throw some money our way, would make the decision a little bit easier. I tried looking up on LSN, but there wasn't much info on the schollies they handed out last year. With in-state tutition, even a $10k a year schollie is a pretty good deal though.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

vpintz

Silver

Post by vpintz » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:12 am

Tag. I will be applying ASAP...my app is done, just gotta wait to get paid so I can pay the fee. I have a not so secret love for Wisconsin (and badgers!), despite never having lived there. /no1curr

G.I. JAG

New

Post by G.I. JAG » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:21 pm

I applied ED in early September. I'm a recent transplant and I love the area.

BuckinghamB

Bronze

Post by BuckinghamB » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:48 pm

[quote=buckythebadger]Good to see a fellow Wisconsinite. Hopefully they throw some money our way, would make the decision a little bit easier. I tried looking up on LSN, but there wasn't much info on the schollies they handed out last year. With in-state tutition, even a $10k a year schollie is a pretty good deal though.[/quote]

Yeah definitely. That kind of deal would be hard to ignore. I asked the Wisconsin reps at the Law School fair last weekend if in-staters are less likely to get scholarship money, and they said residency has no effect on that. I hope that's true!

EDIT: Epic quote fail on my part.

minnbills

Gold

Post by minnbills » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:03 pm

buckythebadger wrote: Are you going to write the "Why Wisconsin"? I'm taking a tour this Friday so I was going to take a few notes just in case I end up writing it and need something to talk about. Although it seems kind of pointless being a in state resident, this is basically a safety school I think.
I did not, and regret it.

Let us know about the tour!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

theavrock

Silver

Post by theavrock » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:17 pm

I posted this in the 1L thread as well, but if anyone has any questions about Madison, the app process or anything let me know.

I'm a 1L here and TLS was super helpful when I was applying, so I feel like I should pay it forward.

buckythebadger

Bronze

Post by buckythebadger » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:51 am

minnbills wrote:
buckythebadger wrote: Are you going to write the "Why Wisconsin"? I'm taking a tour this Friday so I was going to take a few notes just in case I end up writing it and need something to talk about. Although it seems kind of pointless being a in state resident, this is basically a safety school I think.
I did not, and regret it.

Let us know about the tour!
I honestly don't think I'm going to write the full why wisconsin. I left some room in my PS to add 2-3 sentances per school and I think that should be sufficent.

The tour was pretty good. The law school basically sits right in the middle of everything on campus, right on top of bascom hill. The library is really nice as well. The main floor is pretty crowded in the library but it takes up basically one of the entire wings of the law school so there are definetly plenty of spots to study. I coud see myself spending the next 3 years in Madison, especially with a semi-decent scholarship.

buckythebadger

Bronze

Post by buckythebadger » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:53 am

BuckinghamB wrote:
buckythebadger wrote:Good to see a fellow Wisconsinite. Hopefully they throw some money our way, would make the decision a little bit easier. I tried looking up on LSN, but there wasn't much info on the schollies they handed out last year. With in-state tutition, even a $10k a year schollie is a pretty good deal though.
Yeah definitely. That kind of deal would be hard to ignore. I asked the Wisconsin reps at the Law School fair last weekend if in-staters are less likely to get scholarship money, and they said residency has no effect on that. I hope that's true!

EDIT: Epic quote fail on my part.
Were you at the tour or just the fair? I started at the tour and then worked my way over to the fair. There were actually a lot more schools there than I thought there would be. I ended up snagging a fee waiver from IUB and WUSTL, so that right there made the trip worth it.

BuckinghamB

Bronze

Post by BuckinghamB » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:09 am

No I just went to the fair. I'm at the Law School pretty much every week, so I feel like I've seen most of it. I guess a formal tour would be kind of cool and pretty convenient, though. Nice work on the fee waiver snags :)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

nickjive

Bronze

Post by nickjive » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:48 pm

theavrock wrote:I posted this in the 1L thread as well, but if anyone has any questions about Madison, the app process or anything let me know.

I'm a 1L here and TLS was super helpful when I was applying, so I feel like I should pay it forward.
I applied mid/late October 11/1. Do you know when Wisconsin begins releasing decisions? Thanks!
Last edited by nickjive on Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G.I. JAG

New

Post by G.I. JAG » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:46 pm

nickjive wrote:
theavrock wrote:I posted this in the 1L thread as well, but if anyone has any questions about Madison, the app process or anything let me know.

I applied mid/late October. Do you know when Wisconsin begins releasing decisions? Thanks!
I applied regular decision 2 years ago and was informed on mid-January. Looking at Lawschoolnumbers.com it appears semi-standard for folks applying regular decision and I didn't see much on there for those applying ED before December 15.

theavrock

Silver

Post by theavrock » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:49 pm

G.I. JAG wrote:
nickjive wrote:

I applied mid/late October. Do you know when Wisconsin begins releasing decisions? Thanks!
I applied regular decision 2 years ago and was informed on mid-January. Looking at Lawschoolnumbers.com it appears semi-standard for folks applying regular decision and I didn't see much on there for those applying ED before December 15.
This is about right. I got my acceptance on the 27th or 28th of Dec I believe. I was RD, but I applied very early in the cycle. I don't remember seeing many before I got my acceptance.

NiccoloA

Bronze

Post by NiccoloA » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:37 pm

Would have applied if they weren't so tight with scholarships.

UW is way too expensive to justify out-of-state and with the way this new Governor is behaving, I expect yearly monthly tuition hikes.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

minnbills

Gold

Post by minnbills » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:35 pm

NiccoloA wrote:Would have applied if they weren't so tight with scholarships.

UW is way too expensive to justify out-of-state and with the way this new Governor is behaving, I expect yearly monthly tuition hikes.
UW-Madison has a great reputation but Walker makes me very nervous.

stillwater

Gold

Post by stillwater » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:38 pm

minnbills wrote:

Walker didn't graduate from college.

NiccoloA

Bronze

Post by NiccoloA » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:12 pm

minnbills wrote:

I like UW Madison and I've been to the law school. Very impressed with the no-bar test thing too. Like I said, if they weren't so unreasonable about out-of-state, or if they at least added some scholarship money, I would have applied.

I actually don't think that Walker will get re-elected, so his damage will be limited.

theavrock

Silver

Post by theavrock » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:44 pm

Walker will be getting recalled so its a moot point.

That being said from what I have heard Wisco has never been one to dole out tons of $$

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

stillwater

Gold

Post by stillwater » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:33 pm

theavrock wrote:Walker will be getting recalled so its a moot point.

That being said from what I have heard Wisco has never been one to dole out tons of $$
He's gonna get Gray Davis'ed?

defendthefort

New

Post by defendthefort » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:38 pm

For anyone who knows.. what is the timeline for Wisconsin in terms of when apps are completed and sent to review to when I'll get a decision?

bini

New

Post by bini » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:55 am

defendthefort wrote:For anyone who knows.. what is the timeline for Wisconsin in terms of when apps are completed and sent to review to when I'll get a decision?
I applied early November last year, went under review early December (I think) and got a decision late January....hope it helps!

vpintz

Silver

Post by vpintz » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:40 am

Official tag--just submitted my app today! Good luck, everybody! c:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”