Pitt c/o 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
YankeeFan2
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:53 pm

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Postby YankeeFan2 » Wed May 23, 2012 5:10 pm

YankeeFan2 wrote:Just got an email invite to join the admitted students Facebook group. I have been on the WL and have let them know I do want to attend (no LOCIs but did send a few emails). Anyway, was this sent to everyone or should I be expecting an acceptance?


I called. They said I was accepted and my letter was in the mail.

User avatar
Dr. Review
Posts: 1797
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:51 am

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Postby Dr. Review » Wed May 23, 2012 8:40 pm

YankeeFan2 wrote:
YankeeFan2 wrote:Just got an email invite to join the admitted students Facebook group. I have been on the WL and have let them know I do want to attend (no LOCIs but did send a few emails). Anyway, was this sent to everyone or should I be expecting an acceptance?


I called. They said I was accepted and my letter was in the mail.


Congrats! So we'll see you in the fall?

User avatar
Gracchus
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:25 pm

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Postby Gracchus » Thu May 24, 2012 3:33 pm

Just submitted my deposit.

Kage3212
Posts: 340
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:34 am

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Postby Kage3212 » Mon May 28, 2012 11:31 pm

I heard some talk at the Pitt Open House about some sort of "Law Fraternity" where people exchange previous outlines, offer notes, hold practice exams, disseminate past exams for specific professors and provide a bunch of general help to incoming 1L students. This seems like an absolutely amazing opportunity and a good way to establish connections with students who have already been through the gauntlet. Are any of you current Pitt people in this society, and if so, is it really as helpful as it sounds? Appreciate any info regarding this.

User avatar
Dr. Review
Posts: 1797
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:51 am

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Postby Dr. Review » Tue May 29, 2012 1:37 pm

Kage3212 wrote:I heard some talk at the Pitt Open House about some sort of "Law Fraternity" where people exchange previous outlines, offer notes, hold practice exams, disseminate past exams for specific professors and provide a bunch of general help to incoming 1L students. This seems like an absolutely amazing opportunity and a good way to establish connections with students who have already been through the gauntlet. Are any of you current Pitt people in this society, and if so, is it really as helpful as it sounds? Appreciate any info regarding this.


Phi Alpha Delta (PAD, as we call it), costs about $100 and the membership is good throughout law school. Basically, PAD members who made an A- or higher in a class are encouraged to share outlines online via a TWEN (westlaw type blackboard thing) site. It's great for 1Ls who join, because it really gives a good starting point for outlines for most of your classes. Beyond that, membership benefits are somewhat limited. They offer social events and a few other things, mostly for 1Ls, like "how to get an A" with certain professors and "how to find a job." Definitely glad I joined as a 1L just for the outlines. I used a lot of outlines for 1L, and fewer for 2L. I suspect very few, if any, will be available for 3L.

User avatar
bport hopeful
Posts: 4913
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Postby bport hopeful » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:56 pm

PAD membership is worth it for the outlines alone. I would say that the second best perk is free pizza. I was real hesitant to join. Definitely glad I did.

User avatar
Steel City Kid
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:57 am

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Postby Steel City Kid » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:24 pm

Anyone know when they'll fill us in on our section placement/class schedules?

User avatar
Dr. Review
Posts: 1797
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:51 am

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Postby Dr. Review » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:42 pm

Steel City Kid wrote:Anyone know when they'll fill us in on our section placement/class schedules?


2 years ago, we found out in late June. Judging by the old thread, about June 27th to be specific. Not sure about class of 2014.

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Postby northwood » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:58 pm

Think it was around end of June early July

User avatar
1776
Posts: 243
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:49 pm

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Postby 1776 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:55 am

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=183254

For anyone who is attending Pitt in the fall.

The facebook group has a lot of activity. I don't know if I want to meet up with people now. I know when I "met" people online before undergrad, I didn't like them once I met them IRL. I'm guessing we'll meet people during Orientation.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/PittLawClassof2015/

Kage3212
Posts: 340
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:34 am

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Postby Kage3212 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:17 pm

Any thoughts on the Mellon Legal Writing Program?

User avatar
Dr. Review
Posts: 1797
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:51 am

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Postby Dr. Review » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:59 pm

Kage3212 wrote:Any thoughts on the Mellon Legal Writing Program?


I heard it was a giant waste of time. I did not go.

User avatar
bport hopeful
Posts: 4913
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Postby bport hopeful » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:06 pm

1776 wrote:http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=183254

For anyone who is attending Pitt in the fall.

The facebook group has a lot of activity. I don't know if I want to meet up with people now. I know when I "met" people online before undergrad, I didn't like them once I met them IRL. I'm guessing we'll meet people during Orientation.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/PittLawClassof2015/

This might be especially true after the recent activity in the group.

Kage3212
Posts: 340
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:34 am

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Postby Kage3212 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:58 pm

Haha yes, that was rather ridiculous.

Thanks for the update Bedsole.


User avatar
Dr. Review
Posts: 1797
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:51 am

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Postby Dr. Review » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:30 pm

A) that was rude of ATL to compare Pitt to HLS
B) which one of you clowns is this?

User avatar
bport hopeful
Posts: 4913
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Postby bport hopeful » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:32 pm

Bedsole wrote:A) that was rude of ATL to compare Pitt to HLS
B) which one of you clowns is this?

This was actually from the class of 2014 I believe.

And I believe the comparison was made by a Pitt student.

User avatar
Dr. Review
Posts: 1797
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:51 am

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Postby Dr. Review » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:16 pm

bport hopeful wrote:
Bedsole wrote:A) that was rude of ATL to compare Pitt to HLS
B) which one of you clowns is this?

This was actually from the class of 2014 I believe.

And I believe the comparison was made by a Pitt student.


Doesn't the Facebook cutout say 2015?

User avatar
bport hopeful
Posts: 4913
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Postby bport hopeful » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:42 pm

Bedsole wrote:
bport hopeful wrote:
Bedsole wrote:A) that was rude of ATL to compare Pitt to HLS
B) which one of you clowns is this?

This was actually from the class of 2014 I believe.

And I believe the comparison was made by a Pitt student.


Doesn't the Facebook cutout say 2015?

Yes. Yes it does. My B.

User avatar
Dr. Review
Posts: 1797
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:51 am

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Postby Dr. Review » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:04 pm

Bedsole wrote:B) which one of you clowns is this?

User avatar
Steel City Kid
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:57 am

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Postby Steel City Kid » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:31 pm

bport hopeful wrote:This might be especially true after the recent activity in the group.


Count me among those who was really surprised to see some of things people wrote under their actual names in such a public forum.

User avatar
bport hopeful
Posts: 4913
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Postby bport hopeful » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:41 pm

Steel City Kid wrote:
bport hopeful wrote:This might be especially true after the recent activity in the group.


Count me among those who was really surprised to see some of things people wrote under their actual names in such a public forum.

I didnt read the whole thing, and mostly heard about it, but worse things will happen. Trust me. We wrote way worse shit on FB, though it was in our sections private FB group -- students only.

Let me be the first to tell you that law school isnt as professional as some would lead you to believe..

User avatar
Steel City Kid
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:57 am

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Postby Steel City Kid » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:15 am

:roll:
Last edited by Steel City Kid on Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bport hopeful
Posts: 4913
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Postby bport hopeful » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:19 pm

Steel City Kid wrote:Fresh off the press this morning, here's a gem from one of the participants in the "recent activity":

"Screw law school and all those pretentious f*cks thinking they know anything about me. They don't deserve my money. Time to make money, get my own place, and do what I want free of guilt."

Classic.

User avatar
Dr. Review
Posts: 1797
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:51 am

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Postby Dr. Review » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:28 pm

Steel City Kid wrote:Fresh off the press this morning, here's a gem from one of the participants in the "recent activity":

"Screw law school and all those pretentious f*cks thinking they know anything about me. They don't deserve my money. Time to make money, get my own place, and do what I want free of guilt."


This was in the c/o 2015 fb group?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”