Pitt c/o 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
puremorning

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Postby puremorning » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:56 pm

Just got a call from a student congratulating me on my acceptance. It was a nice gesture but seemingly random since I was accepted over a month ago. Hopefully she couldn't hear my pug snoring into the phone...

89vision

Postby 89vision » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:49 pm

puremorning wrote:Just got a call from a student congratulating me on my acceptance. It was a nice gesture but seemingly random since I was accepted over a month ago. Hopefully she couldn't hear my pug snoring into the phone...

Same. Too bad I don't pick up random numbers.

puremorning

Postby puremorning » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:45 pm

89vision wrote:
puremorning wrote:Just got a call from a student congratulating me on my acceptance. It was a nice gesture but seemingly random since I was accepted over a month ago. Hopefully she couldn't hear my pug snoring into the phone...

I don't normally but figured the 412 would be Pitt. My current rule is: If it's a city I've applied to a law school in, pick up.

89vision

Postby 89vision » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:52 pm

puremorning wrote:
89vision wrote:

I don't normally but figured the 412 would be Pitt. My current rule is: If it's a city I've applied to a law school in, pick up.

I live in the 412, so I don't know what number's to avoid.

almostchinese

Postby almostchinese » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:54 pm

My status at Pitt has been application received since Jan. 5th. They don't move all that quickly it seems.

puremorning

Postby puremorning » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:00 pm

89vision wrote:
puremorning wrote:
89vision wrote:

I live in the 412, so I don't know what number's to avoid.

Ah, this is true. Had I heard my phone ring from the dean of Case I probably wouldn't have picked that one up.

puremorning

Postby puremorning » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:03 pm

almostchinese wrote:My status at Pitt has been application received since Jan. 5th. They don't move all that quickly it seems.

Nope, they're quite slow :-/ OSU has been sitting on mine forever.

89vision

Postby 89vision » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:52 pm

Ah, this is true. Had I heard my phone ring from the dean of Case I probably wouldn't have picked that one up.[/quote][/quote]

216-368?

puremorning

Postby puremorning » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:05 pm

89vision wrote:Ah, this is true. Had I heard my phone ring from the dean of Case I probably wouldn't have picked that one up.
[/quote]

216-368?[/quote]

Yep!

89vision

Postby 89vision » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:15 pm

puremorning wrote:
89vision wrote:Ah, this is true. Had I heard my phone ring from the dean of Case I probably wouldn't have picked that one up.

216-368?[/quote]

Yep![/quote]

Yeah I answer those. Judicial Affairs calls from a blocked number so all 216 368 numbers are fine to pick up ha.

tooswolle

Postby tooswolle » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:28 pm

89vision wrote:
puremorning wrote:

216-368?

Yep![/quote]

Yeah I answer those. Judicial Affairs calls from a blocked number so all 216 368 numbers are fine to pick up ha.[/quote]

Funny you guys are talking about this. I was at work so couldn't answer but a nice gesture none the less. To be honest out of all of the schools I've been accepted to they are one of the most active.

Also loved the pug comment haha

89vision

Postby 89vision » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:11 am

tooswolle wrote:
89vision wrote:
puremorning wrote:

216-368?

Yep!

Yeah I answer those. Judicial Affairs calls from a blocked number so all 216 368 numbers are fine to pick up ha.[/quote]

Funny you guys are talking about this. I was at work so couldn't answer but a nice gesture none the less. To be honest out of all of the schools I've been accepted to they are one of the most active.

Also loved the pug comment haha[/quote]

The hotel room is sick. One of my friends goes there now so I'm going to hit the bars with them then crash at the hotel. Pitt's my #1, it's awesome that they're showing me so much love.

MellowMantis

Postby MellowMantis » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:59 am

89vision wrote:
MellowMantis wrote:
89vision wrote:
MellowMantis wrote:In today via snail mail. I did not receive any scholarship money and applied 159/3.45. I have a 30k/yr offer at Hofstra and 20k/YR at DePaul. Do you think this is enough to leverage at least some form of scholarship?

I have the same numbers. I got an email a week or so after my acceptance offering a scholarhsip.Good luck.

Thank you very much for this information. Would you mind sharing your scholarship details? And what is the PI scholarship?

I was offered the Dean's scholarship for $8k. I did have a whole .01 more GPA points, but I don't think that will make a difference. I am in state also. PI is the Public Interest scholarship. They emailed me a link, it's due Wednesday. Hope you hear some good news. Congrats on getting in.

Thanks, I'm excited about it. I'm hoping for even a smaller scholarship as this would make Pitt a viable choice for me. I'm assuming I could probably claim residency the second year in-state tuition?

89vision

Postby 89vision » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:05 am

Thanks, I'm excited about it. I'm hoping for even a smaller scholarship as this would make Pitt a viable choice for me. I'm assuming I could probably claim residency the second year in-state tuition?[/quote][/quote]

Yeah, they were my top choice before they offered me money, and now they're doing a bunch of nice little things on top of it. From what I hear, you should be able to get residency. You probably should call and ask admissions though. I went to undergrad in OH so I don't know first hand the residency laws in PA.

CameDownHoldUp

Postby CameDownHoldUp » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:15 pm

I've been "Application Received" for some time now. Does SC go to Complete or just decision?

puremorning

Postby puremorning » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:03 pm

CameDownHoldUp wrote:I've been "Application Received" for some time now. Does SC go to Complete or just decision?

I believe it should go to complete and then under review, then a decision. Anyone else correct me if I'm wrong.

Frm312

Postby Frm312 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:41 pm

puremorning wrote:
CameDownHoldUp wrote:I've been "Application Received" for some time now. Does SC go to Complete or just decision?

I believe it should go to complete and then under review, then a decision. Anyone else correct me if I'm wrong.

Im pretty sure your right, I just think Pitt takes forever. My status has been application received since 1/13 so I emailed them today to make sure they got all of the necessary documents. They got back to me saying they did and that they would let me kow once my application was submitted to the committee for review

puremorning

Postby puremorning » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:52 pm

Frm312 wrote:
puremorning wrote:

Im pretty sure your right, I just think Pitt takes forever. My status has been application received since 1/13 so I emailed them today to make sure they got all of the necessary documents. They got back to me saying they did and that they would let me kow once my application was submitted to the committee for review

Mine started moving once I sent them an email saying that I was very interested in the school and wanted to make sure all of my documents were in.

HOPEFORCHANGE

Postby HOPEFORCHANGE » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:32 am

Yeah, you have to have an online job or something to do flex-time. Sorry for not tagging the post or whatever it's called. Anyway, I am not sure if there is another flex-time student that you all are talking about, but I don't hate my life or anything. It's ok. I just always wish I could study more. I didn't take Torts I work at night (until at latest 2:00 a.m.) from home and it was in the morning, so it was the most logical drop. Doing both sucks. Honestly. But, I have my reasons and enjoy going to Pitt and not Duquesne.

So, anyway, basically, you can't really have a 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. job and go to Pitt Law. I also don't work 40 hours per week during the school year. It's less. I think 40 hours would drive me crazy. This term is better though because I have Fridays off. I think when I schedule my courses next year I will just do three days - but at most four. I do constantly wish I hit the Match 6 or something, but oh well. Like I said, I have my reasons.

89vision

Postby 89vision » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:52 am

Frm312 wrote:
puremorning wrote:

Pitt was the first school I went Ur. It took me less than a week to go UR, and I had a decision within a month of submitting me app. I did email them twice though.

ricking1288

Postby ricking1288 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:29 pm

What happened to me i submitted the app on 12/6, got an email saying it went to under review on 1/5, then got the acceptance via status checker 2/7

bport hopeful

Postby bport hopeful » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:09 am

HOPEFORCHANGE wrote:Yeah, you have to have an online job or something to do flex-time. Sorry for not tagging the post or whatever it's called. Anyway, I am not sure if there is another flex-time student that you all are talking about, but I don't hate my life or anything. It's ok. I just always wish I could study more. I didn't take Torts I work at night (until at latest 2:00 a.m.) from home and it was in the morning, so it was the most logical drop. Doing both sucks. Honestly. But, I have my reasons and enjoy going to Pitt and not Duquesne.

So, anyway, basically, you can't really have a 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. job and go to Pitt Law. I also don't work 40 hours per week during the school year. It's less. I think 40 hours would drive me crazy. This term is better though because I have Fridays off. I think when I schedule my courses next year I will just do three days - but at most four. I do constantly wish I hit the Match 6 or something, but oh well. Like I said, I have my reasons.

haha I would have dropped the same class. Worst time slot. I think the most important thing to pick out of this, is that you'll still be busy as a flex student. People who didnt regularly talk to HOPE didnt even realize that he wasnt in Torts I dont think. He was still in the building all the time. I dont think 40 hours a week is realistic. You just have to be here too often.

mmv23

Postby mmv23 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:16 pm

89vision wrote:Just got a card offering me a free night's stay the night before the open house. Thought that was a nice gesture.

I just got this too! I'm stoked, I wasn't looking forward to having to pay for a hotel room after driving from DC!

89vision

Postby 89vision » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:37 am

mmv23 wrote:
89vision wrote:Just got a card offering me a free night's stay the night before the open house. Thought that was a nice gesture.

I just got this too! I'm stoked, I wasn't looking forward to having to pay for a hotel room after driving from DC!

Pitt has been my top pick since day 1, and everything they're doing is just icing on the cake. I live within 25 minutes, but I plan to check out the bar scene Thursday night with a friend. I absolutely love PGH, it's a great city. Oakland is fun.

HOPEFORCHANGE

Postby HOPEFORCHANGE » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:39 am

bport hopeful wrote:
HOPEFORCHANGE wrote:Yeah, you have to have an online job or something to do flex-time. Sorry for not tagging the post or whatever it's called. Anyway, I am not sure if there is another flex-time student that you all are talking about, but I don't hate my life or anything. It's ok. I just always wish I could study more. I didn't take Torts I work at night (until at latest 2:00 a.m.) from home and it was in the morning, so it was the most logical drop. Doing both sucks. Honestly. But, I have my reasons and enjoy going to Pitt and not Duquesne.

haha I would have dropped the same class. Worst time slot. I think the most important thing to pick out of this, is that you'll still be busy as a flex student. People who didnt regularly talk to HOPE didnt even realize that he wasnt in Torts I dont think. He was still in the building all the time. I dont think 40 hours a week is realistic. You just have to be here too often.

This where I am confused - is there another flex-time student in Section C who is a male? I am a female. I thought I was the only crazy one. I think I know who you are, though, bport. Yeah, 40 hours a week cannot really be done with all that reading and class attendance - not the first year anyway. The schedule is too set. First, you're stuck with the 1L schedule. Even though they will let you try to make it as convenient as possible for yourself (i.e. taking other sections' classes), you have to take at least four of the five classes during the first year. Now, the second year is a different story. So, if a person started their first year elsewhere and then came to Pitt, it would be ok as long as your full-time work schedule wasn't the Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”