Pitt c/o 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
YankeeFan2
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:53 pm

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Postby YankeeFan2 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:14 pm

westcoast wrote:This may have been discussed earlier. But my status has read "application received" for 3 weeks. Does the Pitt status checker go from this status to "complete" or is it one of the checkers that doesn't show much movement? Thanks.


Mine moved to "Under Review" on 12/7 - but no movement since then. Not sure that that information helps you much -- but it won't stay on "complete" until a decision is made.

User avatar
westcoast
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Postby westcoast » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:35 pm

That's helpful. Thanks.

User avatar
Frm312
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:31 pm

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Postby Frm312 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:03 pm

Is that true for all schools? I thought it went from Application Received to Complete to Under Review

User avatar
89vision
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Postby 89vision » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:09 pm

If I switch to part time, do I still receive the same amount of scholarship money (is it simply adjusted for 4 years instead of 3)? I might/probably will have a job offer I'd really like to accept. Thanks.

drs36
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:39 pm

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Postby drs36 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:13 pm

Part time is an interesting thing at Pitt. I think they call it flex-time, and I think your potential employer would have to be pretty, ahem, flexible. I know one guy in my section is doing it and he was required to take 3 out of the 4 doctrinal classes last semester along with Legal Writing. Those classes are only given during the day time hours. I'll have to see what he's doing this semester, but I imagine he's in 3/4 classes again and this semester takes all day, everyday.

User avatar
bport hopeful
Posts: 4913
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Postby bport hopeful » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:11 pm

drs36 wrote:Part time is an interesting thing at Pitt. I think they call it flex-time, and I think your potential employer would have to be pretty, ahem, flexible. I know one guy in my section is doing it and he was required to take 3 out of the 4 doctrinal classes last semester along with Legal Writing. Those classes are only given during the day time hours. I'll have to see what he's doing this semester, but I imagine he's in 3/4 classes again and this semester takes all day, everyday.

He actually decided to "take the plunge" this semester -- his words not mine. I dont think its worth it honestly. Theres no night classes here, so you still cant do much different. Last semester, said student didnt partake in our thursday/friday class at 9am -- which was also our most useless class (arguably). He still had to show for our afternoon class.

User avatar
bport hopeful
Posts: 4913
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Postby bport hopeful » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:13 pm

89vision wrote:If I switch to part time, do I still receive the same amount of scholarship money (is it simply adjusted for 4 years instead of 3)? I might/probably will have a job offer I'd really like to accept. Thanks.

Didnt really read this. Itd have to be an online job or something, and if that was the case, not taking this class isnt going to really help you. Im not sure if this is standard or not, but the class he didnt take is torts, which I thought was the easiest material of all our classes. Everyone seemed to have a pretty damn good understanding. Though this could prolly be said for most classes.

drs36
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:39 pm

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Postby drs36 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:24 pm

Agreed, I really don't see the benefit of going flex-time other than to lessen the work load. I guess he had the choice of what class to miss out on, and I'm guessing leg/reg probably would have a good choice to skip out on for a semester given hindsight.

User avatar
89vision
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Postby 89vision » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:02 am

Well, I'm taking a break from the casino. But the job would start at the earliest 3pm, typically 4, tuesdays, Thursday's, and Fridays. it would be 15-25 hours a week though.

User avatar
bport hopeful
Posts: 4913
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Postby bport hopeful » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:17 am

89vision wrote:Well, I'm taking a break from the casino. But the job would start at the earliest 3pm, typically 4, tuesdays, Thursday's, and Fridays. it would be 15-25 hours a week though.

Most classes get out by four. It would depend on your sections schedule, but Im sure you could work something out. I dont really see the benefit of the flex time, because you will need an extra year, and time saved is pretty minimal.

User avatar
89vision
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Postby 89vision » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:47 pm

Just got a card offering me a free night's stay the night before the open house. Thought that was a nice gesture.

User avatar
puremorning
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Postby puremorning » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:15 am

89vision wrote:Just got a card offering me a free night's stay the night before the open house. Thought that was a nice gesture.


That's nice. What open house is that? I'm planning on going to the one in a week.

mmv23
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:07 pm

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Postby mmv23 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:46 am

89vision wrote:Just got a card offering me a free night's stay the night before the open house. Thought that was a nice gesture.


did you get it via email or snail mail?

User avatar
89vision
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Postby 89vision » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:26 pm

puremorning wrote:
89vision wrote:Just got a card offering me a free night's stay the night before the open house. Thought that was a nice gesture.


That's nice. What open house is that? I'm planning on going to the one in a week.

I think march 29th. My friends a senior undergrad at Pitt do I'm thinking about checking out the bars with then the night before.

Snail mail.

User avatar
puremorning
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Postby puremorning » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:34 pm

89vision wrote:
puremorning wrote:
89vision wrote:Just got a card offering me a free night's stay the night before the open house. Thought that was a nice gesture.


That's nice. What open house is that? I'm planning on going to the one in a week.

I think march 29th. My friends a senior undergrad at Pitt do I'm thinking about checking out the bars with then the night before.

Snail mail.


Ah, so it's the night of the 29th? That's the admitted student program, wish I could go but I'll be in Chicago to see DePaul and Loyola!

User avatar
89vision
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Postby 89vision » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:50 pm

puremorning wrote:
89vision wrote:
puremorning wrote:
89vision wrote:Just got a card offering me a free night's stay the night before the open house. Thought that was a nice gesture.


That's nice. What open house is that? I'm planning on going to the one in a week.

I think march 29th. My friends a senior undergrad at Pitt do I'm thinking about checking out the bars with then the night before.

Snail mail.


Ah, so it's the night of the 29th? That's the admitted student program, wish I could go but I'll be in Chicago to see DePaul and Loyola!


I'm at work so I'm going off my memory, but I think it said an open house march 29th 9-4. I don't live very far, but it'll be nice to get some extra sleep and not deal with rush hour traffic. I had to drive down to Oakland morning rush hour during the summer. It's awful. Hopefully I'll see some of you guys there.

User avatar
89vision
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Postby 89vision » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:14 pm

puremorning wrote:
89vision wrote:
puremorning wrote:
89vision wrote:Just got a card offering me a free night's stay the night before the open house. Thought that was a nice gesture.


That's nice. What open house is that? I'm planning on going to the one in a week.

I think march 29th. My friends a senior undergrad at Pitt do I'm thinking about checking out the bars with then the night before.

Snail mail.


Ah, so it's the night of the 29th? That's the admitted student program, wish I could go but I'll be in Chicago to see DePaul and Loyola!


I'm at work so I'm going off my memory, but I think it said an open house march 29th 9-4. I don't live very far, but it'll be nice to get some extra sleep and not deal with rush hour traffic. I had to drive down to Oakland morning rush hour during the summer. It's awful. Hopefully I'll see some of you guys there.

User avatar
MellowMantis
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:01 pm

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Postby MellowMantis » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:09 pm

In today via snail mail. I did not receive any scholarship money and applied 159/3.45. I have a 30k/yr offer at Hofstra and 20k/YR at DePaul. Do you think this is enough to leverage at least some form of scholarship?

User avatar
puremorning
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Postby puremorning » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:14 pm

MellowMantis wrote:In today via snail mail. I did not receive any scholarship money and applied 159/3.45. I have a 30k/yr offer at Hofstra and 20k/YR at DePaul. Do you think this is enough to leverage at least some form of scholarship?


You can try. I'm 161/3.1 with 25k/year at DePaul and 6.5k/year at Cinci (in state), and Pitt told me they will reevaluate my file in March or something for scholarships. I just sent out my app for the PI scholarship today though.

User avatar
puremorning
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Postby puremorning » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:55 pm

So, anyone else applying for the PI scholarship?

mmv23
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:07 pm

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Postby mmv23 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:04 pm

puremorning wrote:So, anyone else applying for the PI scholarship?



ya I did.

User avatar
89vision
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Postby 89vision » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:06 pm

MellowMantis wrote:In today via snail mail. I did not receive any scholarship money and applied 159/3.45. I have a 30k/yr offer at Hofstra and 20k/YR at DePaul. Do you think this is enough to leverage at least some form of scholarship?


I have the same numbers. I got an email a week or so after my acceptance offering a scholarhsip.Good luck.

User avatar
MellowMantis
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:01 pm

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Postby MellowMantis » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:24 pm

89vision wrote:
MellowMantis wrote:In today via snail mail. I did not receive any scholarship money and applied 159/3.45. I have a 30k/yr offer at Hofstra and 20k/YR at DePaul. Do you think this is enough to leverage at least some form of scholarship?


I have the same numbers. I got an email a week or so after my acceptance offering a scholarhsip.Good luck.


Thank you very much for this information. Would you mind sharing your scholarship details? And what is the PI scholarship?

User avatar
89vision
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Postby 89vision » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:26 pm

MellowMantis wrote:
89vision wrote:
MellowMantis wrote:In today via snail mail. I did not receive any scholarship money and applied 159/3.45. I have a 30k/yr offer at Hofstra and 20k/YR at DePaul. Do you think this is enough to leverage at least some form of scholarship?


I have the same numbers. I got an email a week or so after my acceptance offering a scholarhsip.Good luck.


Thank you very much for this information. Would you mind sharing your scholarship details? And what is the PI scholarship?


I was offered the Dean's scholarship for $8k. I did have a whole .01 more GPA points, but I don't think that will make a difference. I am in state also. PI is the Public Interest scholarship. They emailed me a link, it's due Wednesday. Hope you hear some good news. Congrats on getting in.

User avatar
puremorning
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Postby puremorning » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:54 pm

89vision wrote:
MellowMantis wrote:
89vision wrote:
MellowMantis wrote:In today via snail mail. I did not receive any scholarship money and applied 159/3.45. I have a 30k/yr offer at Hofstra and 20k/YR at DePaul. Do you think this is enough to leverage at least some form of scholarship?


I have the same numbers. I got an email a week or so after my acceptance offering a scholarhsip.Good luck.


Thank you very much for this information. Would you mind sharing your scholarship details? And what is the PI scholarship?


I was offered the Dean's scholarship for $8k. I did have a whole .01 more GPA points, but I don't think that will make a difference. I am in state also. PI is the Public Interest scholarship. They emailed me a link, it's due Wednesday. Hope you hear some good news. Congrats on getting in.


Yeah, the PI scholarship app is due Weds. They emailed it to everyone accepted, but I'm not sure if you'll get that email since you just got accepted. And you have to write an essay, a history of your PI/public service work, and submit 2 recommendations. The stips to keep it are pretty stringent, but really worth it I think.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, 88234, ad34964n, afenthiko1, airwrecka, Anon.y.mousse., cyclawps, lillawyer2, Majestic-12 [Bot], mritter3, NotAGolfer, pantsuitchic, ProductofUnreality, sonyco, TriSapien and 30 guests