Pitt c/o 2015 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
neeko

Silver

Re: Pitt c/o 2015

Post by neeko » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:38 pm

bport hopeful wrote:
neeko wrote:September 15 IIRC
Yeah its getting to be a while for you, but you have to remember that they get a flood of apps then, and that they have all the ED apps to go through, and though im not sure if this is true, I wouldnt be surprised if they banged out a lot of URM apps then too.
Their first wave was mostly (all?) URMs.

un-vordox

Bronze

Post by un-vordox » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:11 pm

I'm not URM, but I was accpeted yesterday and was originally ED.

I switched to RD because of the binding agreement. I think that my original status had something to do with my decision because an hour before I was accepted, Linda from admissions emailed me to verify whether I was ED or RD. I emailed her right back and got accepted a little while later.

ThreeRivers

Silver

Post by ThreeRivers » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:45 am

bport hopeful wrote:
ThreeRivers wrote:
neeko wrote:
What should the email say? I sent one about a month or so ago and they just told me they were working diligently to review the apps and that was it.
+1, I've heard all these stories about showing interest = hearing back... I just got a similar response as you lol. Still on "application received" since 11-2
Have you guys heard back from other schools? I think you may be jumping the gun a little bit. If they havent gone through ED apps yet, you may still have some time to wait. 3 or 4 weeks really isnt that long. I know it feels like it, but youll have to make your decisions soon enough. If you are waiting 3 months, and then send an email, you may get a better response.
Accepted from Washington and Lee and rejected from Texas

I know I won't hear a decision for awhile... its just the fact I'm still on application received for over a month now that's a little weird to me lol (not like that at the 15 other schools I applied to)

cdelgado

Bronze

Post by cdelgado » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:25 am

89vision wrote:
cdelgado wrote:
89vision wrote:
bport hopeful wrote:I have a couple minor arrests on my record. I didnt tell them when I applied, but they didnt care when I told them a couple weeks into the semester.
That makes me feel a bit better. I think the waiting period inevitably makes people worry and stress, now that the LSAT prep and test are done. Ugh the longer I wait, the more I want to go to Pitt. I don't regret leaving for undergrad, but I'm ready to come home, and stay here.

I'm graduating this semester, is there anything I can do to help my application or anything? A donor is willing to pay me $200 to travel to Iowa and campaign. If that happens, should I update my resume when I send my final transcript and LSAT? I know it probably won't be an asset, but I want to do all the little things right. Ah the wait is killing me.
Are you just looking for employment softs with the WE on the campaign? If so, I don't know if that's worth an update though I suppose it cannot hurt.

This wait process is going to cause a heart attack or stroke for me.

PS: looks like we both have applied at UC/Pitt? Both schools at this point may be a reach for me. Sigh.
It's for my own enjoyment. The candidate I'm supporting had no chance in 2008, and is now a frontrunner. I loved campaigning in 2008, and would really like to get some more experience.

Any advice on what to do with the 8 months? I applied to some museum's (history major), but not a lot of job job's hire temporary. I think I'm going to volunteer at the ACLU. I have two part time jobs, and plan to go to Europe in July and August.

Yep, I applied to UC as well. I like the small school, PI focus, and in state tuition. I hope you hear some good news. Why Pitt and UC?
That probably would be the best path given that (just as you said) a lot of places do not hire temporarily. Since you will be traveling for two months something that is flexible would be nice and volunteering always looks good on a resume anyway.

Cincinnati is in-state tuition for me as well. I reside in Ohio though I do not go to school there. For some time now I have been excited about UC - it has a good reputation, beautiful campus, and a decent job market plus it is a small school like you mentioned. I have always enjoyed the Pittsburgh area and Oakland would be an exciting place to study law, not to mention the Pitt name carries well outside the area.

I have applied to a number of other schools in the Midwest/South area. The problem I face is an extremely high GPA but an OK LSAT score so I'm doing all I can to get in.

cdelgado

Bronze

Post by cdelgado » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:26 am

ThreeRivers wrote:
bport hopeful wrote:
ThreeRivers wrote:
neeko wrote:
What should the email say? I sent one about a month or so ago and they just told me they were working diligently to review the apps and that was it.
+1, I've heard all these stories about showing interest = hearing back... I just got a similar response as you lol. Still on "application received" since 11-2
Have you guys heard back from other schools? I think you may be jumping the gun a little bit. If they havent gone through ED apps yet, you may still have some time to wait. 3 or 4 weeks really isnt that long. I know it feels like it, but youll have to make your decisions soon enough. If you are waiting 3 months, and then send an email, you may get a better response.
Accepted from Washington and Lee and rejected from Texas

I know I won't hear a decision for awhile... its just the fact I'm still on application received for over a month now that's a little weird to me lol (not like that at the 15 other schools I applied to)
It is an excruciatingly slow application process. For my friends who applied during last year's cycle the wait was months.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

89vision

Bronze

Post by 89vision » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:34 pm

I have applied to a number of other schools in the Midwest/South area. The problem I face is an extremely high GPA but an OK LSAT score so I'm doing all I can to get in.[/quote]

Good luck, I'm sure it'll work out. Someone on here ED'd to UC with a 153 and was accepted. Hopefully the decrease in apps helps everyone get into their top school.

I received an email from Pitt that stated, if I want, they will look at my app before the new score, or after. I asked if my second score turns out to be higher, if they will consider that and accept/offer $ if they didn't the first time.

Did you apply to Case?

cdelgado

Bronze

Post by cdelgado » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:33 pm

89vision wrote:I have applied to a number of other schools in the Midwest/South area. The problem I face is an extremely high GPA but an OK LSAT score so I'm doing all I can to get in.
89vision wrote: Good luck, I'm sure it'll work out. Someone on here ED'd to UC with a 153 and was accepted. Hopefully the decrease in apps helps everyone get into their top school.

I received an email from Pitt that stated, if I want, they will look at my app before the new score, or after. I asked if my second score turns out to be higher, if they will consider that and accept/offer $ if they didn't the first time.

Did you apply to Case?
Did they let you go with that option?

Yes I applied to Case as well.

89vision

Bronze

Post by 89vision » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:05 pm

cdelgado wrote:
89vision wrote:I have applied to a number of other schools in the Midwest/South area. The problem I face is an extremely high GPA but an OK LSAT score so I'm doing all I can to get in.
89vision wrote: Good luck, I'm sure it'll work out. Someone on here ED'd to UC with a 153 and was accepted. Hopefully the decrease in apps helps everyone get into their top school.

Did you apply to Case?
Did they let you go with that option?

Yes I applied to Case as well.
I didn't receive a response yet, but I'll make sure to post it.

steepair

New

Post by steepair » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:31 pm

in via status checker 11/29. received my letter yesterday in the mail. totally stoked, as pitt is one of, if not my top choice. however, less stoked when i was only offered $14,000/yr. not bad if paying in-state tuition, but i'm coming from out of state. any advice on trying to negotiate for more money? i have really good offers from a few other schools (including a full ride at one), but i'd REALLY like to go to pitt! how successful have people been when negotiating?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bport hopeful

Gold

Post by bport hopeful » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:44 pm

steepair wrote:in via status checker 11/29. received my letter yesterday in the mail. totally stoked, as pitt is one of, if not my top choice. however, less stoked when i was only offered $14,000/yr. not bad if paying in-state tuition, but i'm coming from out of state. any advice on trying to negotiate for more money? i have really good offers from a few other schools (including a full ride at one), but i'd REALLY like to go to pitt! how successful have people been when negotiating?
This is pretty much their max scholly. Ive heard of one other person getting more. They got 16k.

puremorning

Silver

Post by puremorning » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:39 pm

Woo! Went under review today! For those who were accepted, how long after you went under review did you get a response? Sorry if this was answered somewhere else...

neeko

Silver

Post by neeko » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:40 pm

puremorning wrote:Woo! Went under review today! For those who were accepted, how long after you went under review did you get a response? Sorry if this was answered somewhere else...

This doesn't answer your question really, but I've been under review since 10/19 and nothing.

un-vordox

Bronze

Post by un-vordox » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:41 pm

about 6 weeks for me

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

puremorning

Silver

Post by puremorning » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:43 pm

un-vordox wrote:about 6 weeks for me
Boo. That's not the answer I wanted! But it makes sense...at least my final LOR was processed today. That made me super excited as well.

Kage3212

Bronze

Post by Kage3212 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:30 pm

Status checker says application received 11/12/2011...still not complete. I know I have submitted all the required materials. Is this usual or should I follow up with admissions to see what is going on?

tooswolle

Bronze

Post by tooswolle » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:41 pm

Same boat as you wth is up with their slowness?

cdelgado

Bronze

Post by cdelgado » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:54 am

Kage3212 wrote:Status checker says application received 11/12/2011...still not complete. I know I have submitted all the required materials. Is this usual or should I follow up with admissions to see what is going on?
In all honesty they are just slow. I never showed complete and I had everything in by the beginning of November. I moved to under review a few days ago.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

zuckaz48

New

Post by zuckaz48 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:08 pm

yea i submitted a while ago and still no acceptance. they seem mad slow. hopefully we will get some responses by xmas

JK910

New

Post by JK910 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:26 pm

Accepted today via status checker. Looks like round 2 has started. Time to start obsessively checking the online status.

neeko

Silver

Post by neeko » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:30 pm

I'm still UR 10/19. Anyone else in?

zuckaz48

New

Post by zuckaz48 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:15 pm

i just went complete today. hopefully will hear a response soon

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

89vision

Bronze

Post by 89vision » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:09 pm

Sent mine 11/26ish, under review today (12/7). Anyone know how long it takes them? They didn't give a time table in the email.

neeko

Silver

Post by neeko » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:26 pm

89vision wrote:Sent mine 11/26ish, under review today (12/7). Anyone know how long it takes them? They didn't give a time table in the email.
It seems very random.

HellOnHeels

Silver

Post by HellOnHeels » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:27 pm

Under review today!

caller10

New

Post by caller10 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:51 pm

accepted today via status checker

Seriously? What are you waiting for?