IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sammyk
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:35 am

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sammyk » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:06 am

jcsimon wrote:The biggest issue that waitlisters are experiencing at this point in the game is that some accepted 0L's do not have the common courtesy of even telling the schools they are not going to attend that they have chosen a different school. These students have paid a seat deposit (big deal when it is your parent's money and you are about to spend $100k anyway) and no longer plan on attending. The reason why August WL acceptances are relatively common is that the final calculation of actual seats available is not until these students do not show up to the required orientation on 8/18. It is these inconsiderate students who will not matriculate that force the school to call people on the waitlist right before classes start (and sometimes after). If you are raised inconsiderate, chances are that will never change.
The school has no problem filling seats. In fact, seats are already full and paid for and that is why admissions is not pulling from the waitlist. I know EXACTLY how you guys feel as this happened to me last year. However, early decision is a beautiful thing. Strongly consider early decision if IU Indy is your first choice.


early decision sounds like a plan if it doesn't work out this time. I am praying for a miracle right now. There has been 0 activity at this school, but tons at other schools. Ripple effect please!

sammyk
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:35 am

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sammyk » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:59 am

hey. I've been waiting. sent my loci, so call me maybe.

JustJeff375
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:15 pm

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JustJeff375 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:48 am

sammyk wrote:hey. I've been waiting. sent my loci, so call me maybe.


^ this. LOL!!

jvaugh57
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:58 pm

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jvaugh57 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:13 pm

Will next week be another quiet week or do we start to see movement? Anyone spoken with admissions lately?

Alchemist1655
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 12:12 pm

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Alchemist1655 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:34 pm

Operation Phantom Poo.....every day someone is not pulled off the waitlist a soft serve styl poo will be place in random areas of the admissions office...as the weeks go by the diet will alter to consist of more undigestable articles of food such as corn ex.

I am the alchemist and I am the bowel movements of the people!

**have no connection with any of the waitlisters....**

:twisted:

JustJeff375
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:15 pm

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JustJeff375 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:42 pm

jvaugh57 wrote:Will next week be another quiet week or do we start to see movement? Anyone spoken with admissions lately?


Yes it will be quiet and yes, spoke with admissions today.

jvaugh57
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:58 pm

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jvaugh57 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:56 pm

JustJeff375 wrote:
jvaugh57 wrote:Will next week be another quiet week or do we start to see movement? Anyone spoken with admissions lately?


Yes it will be quiet and yes, spoke with admissions today.


Wow...IF they even pull anybody from the waitlist, it will be really late. Hm...that said, I'd still attend if it was on August 18th when I got the call.

sammyk
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:35 am

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sammyk » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:32 pm

jvaugh57 wrote:
JustJeff375 wrote:
jvaugh57 wrote:Will next week be another quiet week or do we start to see movement? Anyone spoken with admissions lately?


Yes it will be quiet and yes, spoke with admissions today.


Wow...IF they even pull anybody from the waitlist, it will be really late. Hm...that said, I'd still attend if it was on August 18th when I got the call.



ill go anytime, anywhere. ill even bring a tuition check for the next three years.

jvaugh57
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:58 pm

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jvaugh57 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:34 am

sammyk wrote:
jvaugh57 wrote:
JustJeff375 wrote:
jvaugh57 wrote:Will next week be another quiet week or do we start to see movement? Anyone spoken with admissions lately?


Yes it will be quiet and yes, spoke with admissions today.


Wow...IF they even pull anybody from the waitlist, it will be really late. Hm...that said, I'd still attend if it was on August 18th when I got the call.



ill go anytime, anywhere. ill even bring a tuition check for the next three years.


I dunno if it's gonna happen this year, Sammy. I think they would've started pulling already. To wait this long if they had huge needs is probably not realistic. :cry:

sammyk
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:35 am

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sammyk » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:01 pm

I dunno if it's gonna happen this year, Sammy. I think they would've started pulling already. To wait this long if they had huge needs is probably not realistic. :cry:[/quote]


yeah, its getting late in the game. id say maybe a few being pulled aug 18th and us not even seeing it on these forums.

sammyk
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:35 am

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sammyk » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:11 pm

third week of july or august 18th.

JustJeff375
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:15 pm

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JustJeff375 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:24 pm

sammyk wrote:third week of july or august 18th.


?? did you hear something about next week?

sammyk
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:35 am

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sammyk » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:00 pm

no i was talking to someone i knew at FBD (law firm in indy) and he told me to keep waiting it out. third week of july or august 18th. who knows..i just think he said not to lose hope because anything can happen.

JustJeff375
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:15 pm

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JustJeff375 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:36 pm

sammyk wrote:no i was talking to someone i knew at FBD (law firm in indy) and he told me to keep waiting it out. third week of july or august 18th. who knows..i just think he said not to lose hope because anything can happen.


I see. I have had multiple Deputy Prosecutors and Terry Curry the elected Prosecutor for Marion County all tell me similar things. Just to keep waiting it out and that there’s definitely still a chance. Just hard to give that too much weight when the school is saying otherwise ha. Obviously I'm not going to withdraw my application. But I'm not banking on getting off the WL either.

Any idea if they will send letters to WL'ers who don't get in notifying them that it's officially game over?

sammyk
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:35 am

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sammyk » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:42 pm

i think its just the cold shoulder. if you don't get anything one week after classes start just begin to prepare to apply again.

I just got off the Syracuse School of Law Waitlist after getting a feeler e-mail exactly a week ago, so things are moving slow everywhere!

JustJeff375
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:15 pm

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JustJeff375 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:25 pm

sammyk wrote:i think its just the cold shoulder. if you don't get anything one week after classes start just begin to prepare to apply again.

I just got off the Syracuse School of Law Waitlist after getting a feeler e-mail exactly a week ago, so things are moving slow everywhere!


Congrats Sammy! I had planned on applying at Syracuse! Then I saw the cost of tuition.. ha

Btw I think all of us WL'ers on here should go have a drink sometime regardless of if we get in!

jvaugh57
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:58 pm

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jvaugh57 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:04 pm

JustJeff375 wrote:
sammyk wrote:no i was talking to someone i knew at FBD (law firm in indy) and he told me to keep waiting it out. third week of july or august 18th. who knows..i just think he said not to lose hope because anything can happen.


I see. I have had multiple Deputy Prosecutors and Terry Curry the elected Prosecutor for Marion County all tell me similar things. Just to keep waiting it out and that there’s definitely still a chance. Just hard to give that too much weight when the school is saying otherwise ha. Obviously I'm not going to withdraw my application. But I'm not banking on getting off the WL either.

Any idea if they will send letters to WL'ers who don't get in notifying them that it's officially game over?


I'm with you guys. I'm kinda feeling dejected about an impending rejection. WOuld be nice if something else came to fruition, but I've all but given up on this year.

That said I'm in it for the long haul.

tolson1
Posts: 133
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby tolson1 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:08 am

Guys,

does anyone have experience/knowledge with McKinney's scholarship stipulations? I was just given a scholarship at Cincinnati that does NOT have any stipulation, and I am wondering how I should approach the situation and inquire with those at McKinney.

Thanks!

sammyk
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:35 am

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sammyk » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:34 pm

not a single person being called from the wait list..wow.

jvaugh57
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:58 pm

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jvaugh57 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:05 pm

sammyk wrote:not a single person being called from the wait list..wow.

:?: :roll:

hoosiergirl2012
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:25 pm

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hoosiergirl2012 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:14 pm

Hi all,

I too was placed on the waiting list in late April. I received a phone call this evening that I had been admitted to the full time program for the fall. Stay positive. Getting off the wait list at Indy is possible.

brianels
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:44 pm

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby brianels » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:27 am

hoosiergirl2012 wrote:Hi all,

I too was placed on the waiting list in late April. I received a phone call this evening that I had been admitted to the full time program for the fall. Stay positive. Getting off the wait list at Indy is possible.


Congrats!

tigershark
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 5:01 pm

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby tigershark » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:22 am

hoosiergirl2012 wrote:Hi all,

I too was placed on the waiting list in late April. I received a phone call this evening that I had been admitted to the full time program for the fall. Stay positive. Getting off the wait list at Indy is possible.


I think sammyk might have a heart attack.

JustJeff375
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:15 pm

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JustJeff375 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:40 am

tigershark wrote:
hoosiergirl2012 wrote:Hi all,

I too was placed on the waiting list in late April. I received a phone call this evening that I had been admitted to the full time program for the fall. Stay positive. Getting off the wait list at Indy is possible.


I think sammyk might have a heart attack.



lol! congrats on getting in! at least we know it is possible now!

jvaugh57
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:58 pm

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jvaugh57 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:13 pm

hoosiergirl2012 wrote:Hi all,

I too was placed on the waiting list in late April. I received a phone call this evening that I had been admitted to the full time program for the fall. Stay positive. Getting off the wait list at Indy is possible.



Congratulations! Good luck this year!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], carlos_danger, curry1, curry4bfast, dietcoke1, emirleee, Google Adsense [Bot], mm2368, mudiverse, okf731, Smc1994, sonyco, vho1791, yuppitsme, zeglo and 42 guests