IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Michaela
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:20 am

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Michaela » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:01 am

Just letting you guys know that I always check TLS once a day at least so even though I haven't been posting you can still PM or ask any questions and I'll try to answer ASAP!

jvaugh57
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:58 pm

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jvaugh57 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:13 pm

Michaela wrote:Just letting you guys know that I always check TLS once a day at least so even though I haven't been posting you can still PM or ask any questions and I'll try to answer ASAP!



There seems to be a mystery about how many ppl were taken off the waitlist last year--I've shared several offline PM messages with some of my fellow waitlistees. Do you by any chance know how many got off the waitlist last year?

MsE
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:10 pm

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MsE » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:22 pm

I DEF call the admissions office every week. Anyone else in my boat?

sammyk
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:35 am

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sammyk » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:47 am

MsE wrote:I DEF call the admissions office every week. Anyone else in my boat?


I used to be on that boat, but now i do it once every two weeks. I think they know me very well now. After my visit they def put a face to my calls.

jvaugh57
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:58 pm

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jvaugh57 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:24 am

sammyk wrote:
MsE wrote:I DEF call the admissions office every week. Anyone else in my boat?


I used to be on that boat, but now i do it once every two weeks. I think they know me very well now. After my visit they def put a face to my calls.


Has anyone called to see how many seats were paid for??? I think they would release that info, wouldn't they? Admissions is a cloak an dagger game.

sammyk
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:35 am

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sammyk » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:38 pm

jvaugh57 wrote:
sammyk wrote:
MsE wrote:I DEF call the admissions office every week. Anyone else in my boat?


I used to be on that boat, but now i do it once every two weeks. I think they know me very well now. After my visit they def put a face to my calls.


Has anyone called to see how many seats were paid for??? I think they would release that info, wouldn't they? Admissions is a cloak an dagger game.



I think they are still processing the june 15th seat deposits?

MsE
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:10 pm

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MsE » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:48 pm

sammyk wrote:
jvaugh57 wrote:
sammyk wrote:
MsE wrote:I DEF call the admissions office every week. Anyone else in my boat?


I used to be on that boat, but now i do it once every two weeks. I think they know me very well now. After my visit they def put a face to my calls.


Has anyone called to see how many seats were paid for??? I think they would release that info, wouldn't they? Admissions is a cloak an dagger game.



I think they are still processing the june 15th seat deposits?


They said call back towards the end of next week

jvaugh57
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:58 pm

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jvaugh57 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:54 pm

I don't know if it's because I've learned to live with the agony of the indecision of being on the waitlist, but June seems to be going by a little bit faster than May.

sammyk
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:35 am

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sammyk » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:55 pm

they started pulling people last year around may 28th. looks like they may just pull people june 28th and into july this year.

one month late..

sammyk
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:35 am

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sammyk » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:55 pm

jvaugh57 wrote:I don't know if it's because I've learned to live with the agony of the indecision of being on the waitlist, but June seems to be going by a little bit faster than May.


+100203893274983912849174

sammyk
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:35 am

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sammyk » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:00 pm

http://youtu.be/OC4aq2teLRI

a HS senior got off of the UMich Undergraduate Waitlist based on this video.

we should give this a try?

jvaugh57
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:58 pm

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jvaugh57 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:52 pm

sammyk wrote:
jvaugh57 wrote:I don't know if it's because I've learned to live with the agony of the indecision of being on the waitlist, but June seems to be going by a little bit faster than May.


+100203893274983912849174


Sadly my job frowns upon streaming video at work...not that I am sooooo consumed with my potential candicacy that I check it at work or anything.... :oops:


I'll watch it at home, Sammy!

MsE
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:10 pm

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MsE » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:45 am

sammyk wrote:http://youtu.be/OC4aq2teLRI

a HS senior got off of the UMich Undergraduate Waitlist based on this video.

we should give this a try?



AWESOME! +1

JustJeff375
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:15 pm

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JustJeff375 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:08 am

sammyk wrote:http://youtu.be/OC4aq2teLRI

a HS senior got off of the UMich Undergraduate Waitlist based on this video.

we should give this a try?


haha epic!

sammyk
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:35 am

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sammyk » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:57 pm

Next week IU-Indy should be all processed and ready to pull kids off of the WL if need be. June 28th-29th ish?

jvaugh57
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:58 pm

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jvaugh57 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:44 pm

sammyk wrote:Next week IU-Indy should be all processed and ready to pull kids off of the WL if need be. June 28th-29th ish?



I wouldn't hold your breath, Sammy! They'll get to us when they get to us :D

sammyk
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:35 am

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sammyk » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:22 pm

jvaugh57 wrote:
sammyk wrote:Next week IU-Indy should be all processed and ready to pull kids off of the WL if need be. June 28th-29th ish?



I wouldn't hold your breath, Sammy! They'll get to us when they get to us :D


i like your philosophical stance. teach me your ways.

jvaugh57
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:58 pm

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jvaugh57 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:57 pm

sammyk wrote:
jvaugh57 wrote:
sammyk wrote:Next week IU-Indy should be all processed and ready to pull kids off of the WL if need be. June 28th-29th ish?



I wouldn't hold your breath, Sammy! They'll get to us when they get to us :D


i like your philosophical stance. teach me your ways.


It's hard to be disappointed when you are expect the worst....in this case a long drawn out wait. All is right in the world if we are selected, but this wait is beginning to take on epic "LORD OF THE RINGS" proportions.

sammyk
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:35 am

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sammyk » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:10 pm

been on the wait list since 4/11. yay!

jvaugh57
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:58 pm

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jvaugh57 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:02 pm

sammyk wrote:been on the wait list since 4/11. yay!


Does that make you Frodo?

sammyk
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:35 am

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sammyk » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:45 pm

jvaugh57 wrote:
sammyk wrote:been on the wait list since 4/11. yay!


Does that make you Frodo?


I always wanted to be the dude with the bow and arrow. Can I lead the wait list army? OR am i on the wait list for that position as well?

jvaugh57
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:58 pm

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jvaugh57 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:01 pm

sammyk wrote:
jvaugh57 wrote:
sammyk wrote:been on the wait list since 4/11. yay!


Does that make you Frodo?


I always wanted to be the dude with the bow and arrow. Can I lead the wait list army? OR am i on the wait list for that position as well?



In the words of Indy, "we'll get back to you soon-ish...."

sammyk
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:35 am

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sammyk » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:28 am

jvaugh57 wrote:
sammyk wrote:
jvaugh57 wrote:
sammyk wrote:been on the wait list since 4/11. yay!


Does that make you Frodo?


I always wanted to be the dude with the bow and arrow. Can I lead the wait list army? OR am i on the wait list for that position as well?



In the words of Indy, "we'll get back to you soon-ish...."



i cringed.

jvaugh57
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:58 pm

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jvaugh57 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:41 am

jvaugh57 wrote:
jvaugh57 wrote:
JustJeff375 wrote:So I think I inadvertantly opened up a spot for you all on the waitlist. I just read over my LOCI to see if there was anything else I could say. I realized that I left out the word "of" in the second sentence and I sounded like a hillbilly. I proof read it at least 5 times and didn't catch it. I even had someone else proofread it. I feel like the biggest idiot. uughhh :cry:



I wouldn't worry about it....EVERYONE makes typos and I'm sure that most packets have a few. The admissions comm. is probably pretty good at reading around them; they probably see tons. Typically the reader will evaluate your letter as whole and not let an insignificant mistake sway their opion. I found a typo (or actually an omitted word) in my LOCI as well. Like you, I don't know how I missed it but it is what it is. Don't let it get you down. I seriously doubt the person reading your file is going to ding you for it.


As I read through my previous post, I see that I again murdered the English language with typos...



We can only assume that the "double secret" seat deposit deadlines will have to also pass before they get to the waitlist...if any admissions deans or staff are reading this I am only joking; I'm sure Indy has a completely transparent process! :D

sammyk
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:35 am

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sammyk » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:42 pm

yeah, that June 15th seat deposit was surprising? might have been an extension?

Im just saying, i would pay that deposit in seconds if they offered me acceptance.


EDIT: milliseconds*




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: lawschool2017712, smashbash, Why??? and 21 guests