IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sammyk

Re: IU-Indianapolis Class of 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sammyk » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:37 pm

Alchemist1655 wrote:
sammyk wrote:
Alchemist1655 wrote:Got off the Suffolk Law waitlist last night :wink:

congrats! so getting off of the wait list is not a myth! lol

Nope not a myth at all, I'm thinking about staying put in Boston too so thats one less waitlister to worry about. Gotta say though
you guys seem like awesome people kinda wish Boston was as warm as you guys...fckin Massholes lol

going to Suffolk? i mean wherever you feel will be the best fit, its so awesome you got off of the wait list! just can't believe IU-indy is taking forever to get to the wait list.

brianels

Postby brianels » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:12 pm

I thought those of you still waitlisted that I was accepted for the full-time day division, but I'm asking to be moved to the part-time division. If they allow the transfer that should open a spot up for full-time. I'll keep you all updated...

brianels

Postby brianels » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:31 pm

brianels wrote:I thought those of you still waitlisted that I was accepted for the full-time day division, but I'm asking to be moved to the part-time division. If they allow the transfer that should open a spot up for full-time. I'll keep you all updated...

*Update*

I received and email back that they are moving me to the part-time evening division. Hopefully that opens up a spot for someone still waiting.

sammyk

Postby sammyk » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:40 pm

looks like they have some room to play around with, sounds like they are flexible with switching around. looks like a positive for all of us in the WL situation huh?

Alchemist1655

Postby Alchemist1655 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:00 pm

Yeah boys! Looks like its happening, Congrats Bri, Sammy your up next! Keep the chains moving.

sammyk

Postby sammyk » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:19 pm

i wish! lets see what happens!

sammyk

Postby sammyk » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:57 pm

brand new week coming up guys! y'all think we'll see some action?

MsE

Postby MsE » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:20 am

sammyk wrote:brand new week coming up guys! y'all think we'll see some action?

No. I was told to call back at the end of this week. By then they will know how many available seats they have.

sammyk

Postby sammyk » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:52 am

so end of this week we will find out how many spots and pulling begins a week or two after that? pick all of us please!

jvaugh57

Postby jvaugh57 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:08 am

MsE wrote:

No. I was told to call back at the end of this week. By then they will know how many available seats they have.

:roll: Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....it takes the better part of 3 weeks to figure out how many people their system says paid their deposit? I seriously doubt anyone is in a back room counting anything. :( Losing hope of getting pulled from purgatory.

JustJeff375

Postby JustJeff375 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:57 am

jvaugh57 wrote:
MsE wrote:

:roll: Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....it takes the better part of 3 weeks to figure out how many people their system says paid their deposit? I seriously doubt anyone is in a back room counting anything. :( Losing hope of getting pulled from purgatory.

Keep your head up Jvaugh you, me, and Sammyk have got this!

Alchemist1655

Postby Alchemist1655 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:03 pm

Rooting for you guys! Even though I'm no longer in the running this thread gave me hope on the whole waitlist situation. Wish you guys all the best!

Hopefully we will meet in a court of law and be able to strut our stuff :)

brianels

Postby brianels » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:45 pm

JustJeff375 wrote:
jvaugh57 wrote:
MsE wrote:

Keep your head up Jvaugh you, me, and Sammyk have got this!

I second that guys. Also a quick tip if you aren't too picky you can always send them an email requesting to be considered for PT as well. The requirements are a little more lax and after the first year, assuming you get good grades, you can transfer into the FT program and still finish in 3 years. I firmly believe that my email stating that IU-Indy was my first choice and that I was willing to go PT just to get into the school was a determining factor in my acceptance. Keep in mind they eventually admitted me FT and moved me to PT at my request. They clearly have room to work with in both sections. Don't give up hope. I expect to see you guys on campus in a couple months for the orientation weekend.

*Just because I'm accepted don't think I've stopped caring about my brothers and sisters still in limbo

jvaugh57

Postby jvaugh57 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:13 pm

No. I was told to call back at the end of this week. By then they will know how many available seats they have.[/quote]

:roll: Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....it takes the better part of 3 weeks to figure out how many people their system says paid their deposit? I seriously doubt anyone is in a back room counting anything. :( Losing hope of getting pulled from purgatory.[/quote]

Keep your head up Jvaugh you, me, and Sammyk have got this![/quote]

I second that guys. Also a quick tip if you aren't too picky you can always send them an email requesting to be considered for PT as well. The requirements are a little more lax and after the first year, assuming you get good grades, you can transfer into the FT program and still finish in 3 years. I firmly believe that my email stating that IU-Indy was my first choice and that I was willing to go PT just to get into the school was a determining factor in my acceptance. Keep in mind they eventually admitted me FT and moved me to PT at my request. They clearly have room to work with in both sections. Don't give up hope. I expect to see you guys on campus in a couple months for the orientation weekend.

*Just because I'm accepted don't think I've stopped caring about my brothers and sisters still in limbo[/quote]

I applied to both programs and have maintained a willingness for either--I even stated a preference to admissions for part-tome; to be noted in my file. I'm hoping that makes a difference...My lsat score is a couple of points below a few of the other waitlistees(153). If nothing else admissions has shown that their moves cannot be predicted. Not knowing anything is almost as bad as knowing that I was rejected.

sammyk

Postby sammyk » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:17 pm

this has become a support group! haha, hopefully it works out for all of us in the end.

i switched to either preference in my last LOCI, so we will see where it takes me, i suggest everyone else change their preference to either. beggars can't be choosers.

Friday it is!

jvaugh57

Postby jvaugh57 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:42 pm

sammyk wrote:this has become a support group! haha, hopefully it works out for all of us in the end.

i switched to either preference in my last LOCI, so we will see where it takes me, i suggest everyone else change their preference to either. beggars can't be choosers.

Friday it is!

I actually suggest people keep their preferences the same...especially those with higher LSAT scores than mine! :)

j/k I hope it happens for everyone.

sammyk

Postby sammyk » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:12 pm

i want it so bad i can taste it.

Only school in the whole wide world with not a trace or sign of movement.

JustJeff375

Postby JustJeff375 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:05 pm

So I think I inadvertantly opened up a spot for you all on the waitlist. I just read over my LOCI to see if there was anything else I could say. I realized that I left out the word "of" in the second sentence and I sounded like a hillbilly. I proof read it at least 5 times and didn't catch it. I even had someone else proofread it. I feel like the biggest idiot. uughhh :cry:

sammyk

Postby sammyk » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:29 pm

JustJeff375 wrote:So I think I inadvertantly opened up a spot for you all on the waitlist. I just read over my LOCI to see if there was anything else I could say. I realized that I left out the word "of" in the second sentence and I sounded like a hillbilly. I proof read it at least 5 times and didn't catch it. I even had someone else proofread it. I feel like the biggest idiot. uughhh :cry:

i don't think they even read lOCIs..if you and your proofreader didn't catch it they probably won't either. they will probably speed read through all of our LOCIs, i think its all based on interest level and replacement issues. if you have the numbers and demographics they are looking for you will get the spot. numbers game. interest is just a plus one.

arae13

Postby arae13 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:32 pm

JustJeff375 wrote:So I think I inadvertantly opened up a spot for you all on the waitlist. I just read over my LOCI to see if there was anything else I could say. I realized that I left out the word "of" in the second sentence and I sounded like a hillbilly. I proof read it at least 5 times and didn't catch it. I even had someone else proofread it. I feel like the biggest idiot. uughhh :cry:

If you didn't catch it and your friend didn't catch it, the admissions committee probably won't either.

But I would caution you from being so specific about something like this as AdComms DO read these boards. I literally had the assistant dean at a school I'm waitlisted at email me to answer a question I posted in the school's topic on TLS. She even referenced my post and these boards explicitly...I was hugely surprised, but thankful it wasn't anything negative.

sammyk

Postby sammyk » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:33 pm

arae13 wrote:

If you didn't catch it and your friend didn't catch it, the admissions committee probably won't either.

But I would caution you from being so specific about something like this as AdComms DO read these boards. I literally had the assistant dean at a school I'm waitlisted at email me to answer a question I posted in the school's topic on TLS. She even referenced my post and these boards explicitly...I was hugely surprised, but thankful it wasn't anything negative.

scary

JustJeff375

Postby JustJeff375 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:02 pm

arae13 wrote:

Thanks for the heads up. Other than pointing out my little typo that they probably caught anyway I don't think I said too much. Just bummed that I let a mistake slip. Striving to be flawless is a losing battle I suppose.
Last edited by JustJeff375 on Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

jvaugh57

Postby jvaugh57 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:17 pm

I wouldn't worry about it....EVERYONE makes typos and I'm sure that most packets have a few. The admissions comm. is probably pretty good at reading around them; they probably see tons. Typically the reader will evaluate your letter as whole and not let an insignificant mistake sway their opion. I found a typo (or actually an omitted word) in my LOCI as well. Like you, I don't know how I missed it but it is what it is. Don't let it get you down. I seriously doubt the person reading your file is going to ding you for it.

jvaugh57

Postby jvaugh57 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:18 pm

jvaugh57 wrote:

I wouldn't worry about it....EVERYONE makes typos and I'm sure that most packets have a few. The admissions comm. is probably pretty good at reading around them; they probably see tons. Typically the reader will evaluate your letter as whole and not let an insignificant mistake sway their opion. I found a typo (or actually an omitted word) in my LOCI as well. Like you, I don't know how I missed it but it is what it is. Don't let it get you down. I seriously doubt the person reading your file is going to ding you for it.

As I read through my previous post, I see that I again murdered the English language with typos...

Hm87

Postby Hm87 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:08 pm

Guess things are finally wrapping up with admissions since I just got an e-mail asking me for my section preference for LARC. One step closer for all of you waitlistees.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”