How many times a day do you check the status of your...

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
PersuasiveCharm

How many times a day do you check the status of your...

Postby PersuasiveCharm » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:50 pm

How many times a day do you check the status of your application(s)? Just curious.

sach1282

Re: How many times a day do you check the status of your...

Postby sach1282 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:01 pm

Once a week.

AmandaPB

Postby AmandaPB » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:12 pm

sach1282 wrote:Once a week.

Same. Or less. No point in checking every day. When a decision is made, we’ll find out.

ineptimusprime

Postby ineptimusprime » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:15 pm

This early in the cycle? Like once a week.

Come December I'll probably start checking more often.

No13baby

Postby No13baby » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:38 pm

I'm frequently checking a couple schools where I'm still waiting to go complete. Otherwise I figure there's no point in looking until after Thanksgiving or so since I'm not applying ED anywhere.

Tom Joad

Postby Tom Joad » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:39 pm

I don't totally get why it is important yet. They will email or snail mail you with their decision, right? And status-checkers only tell you that a decision has been made, not what the decision is...right?

murray18

Postby murray18 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:21 pm

Yeah, I checked one status checker religiously for a week. Status checker went to "decision rendered" and I got an acceptance call 20 minutes later. Thats time I'll never get back you know......

AntipodeanPhil

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:49 pm

I check my status at schools that are already making decisions once or twice a day. At other, schools, I check a couple of times a week. Though, I also keep an eye on TLS and LSN to find out when schools are making decisions.

Cavgirl

Postby Cavgirl » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:16 am

As soon as I go complete, I don't check again. I will start really checking end of Nov/early December.

Kring345

Postby Kring345 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:52 am

Two preguntas:

1. Which schools are already making decisions? Not including ED applicants, I know that UCLA has made at least one decision. But that's all that I know.

2. For those of you who applied to a bunch of schools, how are you checking your apps? Is there a way to check them all at once? They all/most seem to use the same website/structure as well as username.

Ive literally never checked any of them, assuming that they'll email, mail, call me when they decide my fate. All that Ive done is logged on to each to check that they were complete.

Yeshia90

Postby Yeshia90 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:09 am

I only check when people in the "XXX school Applicants c/o 2015" report a change in their statuses (statii?).

Curious1

Postby Curious1 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:46 am

Yeshia90 wrote:I only check when people in the "XXX school Applicants c/o 2015" report a change in their statuses (statii?).

This.

TLS is now the first thing I do in the morning and the last thing I do at night. FML.

Ernert

Postby Ernert » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:13 am

Yeshia90 wrote:I only check when people in the "XXX school Applicants c/o 2015" report a change in their statuses (statii?).

un-vordox

Postby un-vordox » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:57 am

I applied to a lot of schools on Oct 1, and while I know it's absurd, I still check the status of all of the app's about once a week because the anticipation is killing me. By the third week of November I'll probably be checking most of them daily, except for the schools like ASU that I know don't make their decisions until late.

I don't know of any way to check them all at once, but that would be awesome.

Hopefully2012

Postby Hopefully2012 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:26 pm

un-vordox wrote:I don't know of any way to check them all at once, but that would be awesome.

Don't know if this is possible either but if we have a knowledgable cs guy on TLS, he/she could probably program a macro for excel to pull real-time data off of status checker website tables. I have a pre-programmed version that pulls live stock quotes/finance news off of yahoo finance/bloomberg databases but the law school version would probably be a lot more complicated since we have to log in to the status checker sites (LSAC probably wouldn't dig all the extra bandwidth either but w/e). I'm pretty sure macro login is possible.

Would be sweet if it can be done/someone is willing to do some coding.

cutecarmel

Postby cutecarmel » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:50 am

I stand corrected. I recently was accepted into a law school. I still don't check that often though. I keep an eye out for updates on my status in my email because most of the schools I have applied to have said that the will inform me of my updated status by email. I still think the majority of decisions will be made in the new year, so it would probably be better to wait until then to check obsessively. I would spend more time looking up detailed information about your school; clinics, classes, interships, job prospects, etc. so when it comes time to make a decision, you are completely positive about what school you choose.

Good luck.
Don't stress
Last edited by cutecarmel on Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kwais

Postby kwais » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:57 am

Tom Joad wrote:I don't totally get why it is important yet. They will email or snail mail you with their decision, right? And status-checkers only tell you that a decision has been made, not what the decision is...right?

wrong. I got in to a few schools on status checker before any other correspondence.

cutecarmel wrote:Haha. I don't. Most schools don't even start reviewing apps until the end of fall at the earliest, but more likely the end of January. Its not really worth the stress to obsessively check now. Maybe in Feb.

smug and wrong.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:00 am

Kring345 wrote:Two preguntas:

1. Which schools are already making decisions? Not including ED applicants, I know that UCLA has made at least one decision. But that's all that I know.

2. For those of you who applied to a bunch of schools, how are you checking your apps? Is there a way to check them all at once? They all/most seem to use the same website/structure as well as username.

Ive literally never checked any of them, assuming that they'll email, mail, call me when they decide my fate. All that Ive done is logged on to each to check that they were complete.

A friend of mine has already gotten into UVA and Duke

Yeshia90

Postby Yeshia90 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:25 am

JamMasterJ wrote:
Kring345 wrote:Two preguntas:

A friend of mine has already gotten into UVA and Duke

What, you meet HawkeyePierce one time IRL, and now you're besties?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”