Wake Forest 2012

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
JoeMo
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:29 am

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby JoeMo » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:06 pm

SteelyDan wrote:
JoeMo wrote:No, I know. I haven't lied on my law school apps but none of the other apps ask about traffic tickets so I'm just wondering why Wake does require the traffic tickets to be disclosed.


Really? I had to disclose them to several schools. One of them actually made me go to the courthouse and get something certifying the disposition of the ticket. Total pain in the ass.

But if traffic tickets are the worst you've got, you should be fine. At least you didn't get expelled from undergrad.


Traffic tickets are definitely the worst I've got. Never even been to the "principal's office" and most of the traffic tickets were from before I was 21.

User avatar
PrincetonLaw
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:15 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby PrincetonLaw » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:36 pm

JoeMo wrote:
SteelyDan wrote:
JoeMo wrote:No, I know. I haven't lied on my law school apps but none of the other apps ask about traffic tickets so I'm just wondering why Wake does require the traffic tickets to be disclosed.


Really? I had to disclose them to several schools. One of them actually made me go to the courthouse and get something certifying the disposition of the ticket. Total pain in the ass.

But if traffic tickets are the worst you've got, you should be fine. At least you didn't get expelled from undergrad.


Traffic tickets are definitely the worst I've got. Never even been to the "principal's office" and most of the traffic tickets were from before I was 21.


do traffic tickets also equal parking tickets?

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby stillwater » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:37 pm

PrincetonLaw wrote:
JoeMo wrote:
SteelyDan wrote:
JoeMo wrote:No, I know. I haven't lied on my law school apps but none of the other apps ask about traffic tickets so I'm just wondering why Wake does require the traffic tickets to be disclosed.


Really? I had to disclose them to several schools. One of them actually made me go to the courthouse and get something certifying the disposition of the ticket. Total pain in the ass.

But if traffic tickets are the worst you've got, you should be fine. At least you didn't get expelled from undergrad.


Traffic tickets are definitely the worst I've got. Never even been to the "principal's office" and most of the traffic tickets were from before I was 21.


do traffic tickets also equal parking tickets?


No.

mijenks
Posts: 191
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:36 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby mijenks » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:36 pm

I've been Under Review since 10/18. Awesome.

cph4life
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:23 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby cph4life » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:41 pm

mijenks wrote:I've been Under Review since 10/18. Awesome.


Me too! According to the status checker if we've been under review for 6-8 weeks, we can e-mail admissions and ask for an update, so I plan on doing that in a week or two. I checked LSN and last year the first decisions went out around 12/10 though.

User avatar
mattviphky
Posts: 1117
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby mattviphky » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:06 pm

Just filled out my application a little bit ago. I'm kinda kicking myself for doing it so late. They sent me a fee waiver almost a month ago and I have been sitting on it this whole time. I would enjoy going to WF, but I'm not sure what it'll do for jobs...seems pretty prestigious tho. Based on last years lsn, people with my stats could expect like 60k...which would be awesome!!! I know its not actually late or anything, but I would really like to hear back with the first round of acceptances. i'll be mad at myself if i don't hear for a while, or if it costs me some good scholly money. good luck all!

User avatar
neeko
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby neeko » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:20 pm

mattviphky wrote:Just filled out my application a little bit ago. I'm kinda kicking myself for doing it so late. They sent me a fee waiver almost a month ago and I have been sitting on it this whole time. I would enjoy going to WF, but I'm not sure what it'll do for jobs...seems pretty prestigious tho. Based on last years lsn, people with my stats could expect like 60k...which would be awesome!!! I know its not actually late or anything, but I would really like to hear back with the first round of acceptances. i'll be mad at myself if i don't hear for a while, or if it costs me some good scholly money. good luck all!


I went complete on 10/31 and have not been pulled in to review yet. I think we missed the first wave unfortunately, hopefully we are in the second.

User avatar
mattviphky
Posts: 1117
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby mattviphky » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:29 pm

did you guys do an optional essay, like the diversity one? I've just done the ps and the resume...but after writing a why nd and why illinois it just doesn't feel like enough

User avatar
mattviphky
Posts: 1117
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby mattviphky » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:17 pm

just did it and submitted. I would like to go to this school, especially if they maintain the 60k to 164s. Football and basketball schedule looks cool too. Anyone familiar with Winston Salem area?

HellOnHeels
Posts: 548
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:19 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby HellOnHeels » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:14 am

mattviphky wrote: Anyone familiar with Winston Salem area?

What sort of info are you looking for?

User avatar
mattviphky
Posts: 1117
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby mattviphky » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:42 pm

anything you think would be pertinent. is the weather unbearably humid? is there culture? how are jobs? what is the legal community like? expense? i don't know, just overall feel of living and attending school in winston-salem

HellOnHeels
Posts: 548
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:19 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby HellOnHeels » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:15 pm

mattviphky wrote:anything you think would be pertinent. is the weather unbearably humid? is there culture? how are jobs? what is the legal community like? expense? i don't know, just overall feel of living and attending school in winston-salem

.
Last edited by HellOnHeels on Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Cornelius
Posts: 505
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 3:16 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby Cornelius » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:14 am

Moved to under review.

User avatar
neeko
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby neeko » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:15 am

Cornelius wrote:Moved to under review.


When did you go complete again? I've been complete since 10/31 and still not in review. This is the second school where this has happened to me.

User avatar
Cornelius
Posts: 505
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 3:16 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby Cornelius » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:17 am

neeko wrote:
Cornelius wrote:Moved to under review.


When did you go complete again? I've been complete since 10/31 and still not in review. This is the second school where this has happened to me.

The 31st of October, my status was just updated today, so they're probably finally starting to get going with the reviews.

rebeccac
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:17 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby rebeccac » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:05 pm

Mine is also updated to under review today!!

MichNole19
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:21 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby MichNole19 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:08 pm

Mine still hasn't changed :(... any idea if they go in the order they recieved the applications or the strenght of the application?

User avatar
neeko
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby neeko » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:12 pm

MichNole19 wrote:Mine still hasn't changed :(... any idea if they go in the order they recieved the applications or the strenght of the application?


Mine hasn't changed either, which makes me think that they pull them in based off of strength.

rebeccac
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:17 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby rebeccac » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:13 pm

When did you submit? I applied on Nov. 8th.
Last edited by rebeccac on Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby stillwater » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:16 pm

neeko wrote:
MichNole19 wrote:Mine still hasn't changed :(... any idea if they go in the order they recieved the applications or the strenght of the application?


Mine hasn't changed either, which makes me think that they pull them in based off of strength.


I submitted 10/3 and mine still hasn't changed. I have pretty good numbers for WF (one above the 75th and the other at the 25th).

User avatar
neeko
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby neeko » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:17 pm

I think I sent mine in October 24th.

Maybe they only want people above both medians. I'm above 75th LSAT below 25th GPA. Is there anyone in review that is NOT above both medians?

User avatar
Cornelius
Posts: 505
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 3:16 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby Cornelius » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:23 pm

neeko wrote:I think I sent mine in October 24th.

Maybe they only want people above both medians.

Look at LSN. This is most definitely not true (and defies the mathematical definition of median).

I'm above 75th LSAT below 25th GPA. Is there anyone in review that is NOT above both medians?

Me. Relax, you're getting way too worked up over what probably amounts to:
1. If apps are divided among the ad comm members, some work quicker than others.
2. You happen to be lower in the pile.

I don't think schools start reviewing people in order of their application strength.

User avatar
PrincetonLaw
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:15 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby PrincetonLaw » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:25 pm

Under review today also!

User avatar
neeko
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby neeko » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:27 pm

I meant they only want people in their first wave who are above both medians. Not sure why else they would not pull splitters in with others complete on the same day. Iowa did the same thing.

MichNole19
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:21 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby MichNole19 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:38 pm

The only school I know for sure pulls in order of strenght is FSU. Where Wake has "Your application has all necessary components and is in queue to be reviewed." FSU has something along the line that applications will be pulled in the order of their strenght.

I can't seem to find Wake's Medians from last year but I am defiently above the 25% in GPA and just below 75% in LSAT so pretty close to both Medians and still "ready for review" ... I submitted 11/03.

Good Luck to everyone!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: hip to be Square, SevenSeven77 and 11 guests