Wake Forest 2012

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Gail

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby Gail » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:10 pm

That is actually very comforting. Thank you, Dean Shively.

I think the most angst ridden aspect of this is the not knowing and being just completely foreign to the admissions process. I remember nothing about undergraduate admission. I never thought that I would go to college or be able to afford to so I never stressed. Just applied and forgot about it until I received mail.

This has been a completely different beast. We can drive ourselves crazy with these forums. Knowing a little more about the process of making the decision itself is comforting.

WakeLawAdmDean

Postby WakeLawAdmDean » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:22 pm

stephinmd wrote:
WakeLawAdmDean wrote:
ggibelli wrote:
WakeLawAdmDean wrote:Greetings TLSers!

Everything that is going out today has gone out via email. Honestly there were only a handful of admits in this batch. As always, if you have questions about your specific situation, please feel free to contact me. Otherwise we're planning to release the next batch of decisions next Thursday morning.

Jay Shively
Dean for Admissions and Financial Aid
Wake Forest University School of Law
(336) 758-5705 office
jayshively@gmail.com
http://www.law.wfu.edu

Thanks for the update!

Any chance you can comment on why the Status Checker has been "stuck" on "Application Complete, ready for review" for more than 6-8 weeks? I know a number of the members in here have this status and we were wondering if something was wrong or if some just take longer to get into review than others? Thanks again

TLSers~
In recent years because application volumes and trends have been so unpredictable we've been forced to be very deliberate in our decision-making. Prior to the Winter break it's difficult because of application trends to know what the applicant pool is going to look like. Thus we end up pulling files from the top and bottom of the pool because these decisions are historically the easiest to make. If we thought you might fit into one of these categories early on, we probably placed you under review. As the pool took shape it may have turned out your application wasn't as far up or down the spectrum as we expected. I assure you the status checker isn't "stuck". There's just nothing between "Under Review" and a decision being rendered except lots of waiting. We are diligently moving through the files.

Now that we've reached January we'll pull files based on some combination of the date the application was received and the date it became complete. I also expect things to move at a much faster clip now that finals and the holidays are over and we're really in the midst of regular review. The group of decisions I expect to release next week (January 19) includes over 200 applications - admits, denies, and waitlist decisions.

The group I've assigned for reading this week definitely includes everyone who applied Nov 7 or earlier. It probably includes some later people but I can't promise that is the case for any given applicant without checking that person in particular. These decisions should go out a week from next Thursday, January 26.

If you are concerned about your specific situation, please feel free to email me as several of your fellow TLSers have already done. At a minimum I can check your status. Thanks for your patience with our process. We do realize how anxious many of you are and try to make the process as transparent and stress-free as possible. I'm happy to discuss the law school admission process generally or Wake Forest in particular at any time. My contact information is below.

Warm regards,
Jay Shively
(336) 758-5705 office
shivelrj@wfu.edu
jayshively@gmail.com

Dean Shively,
For those of us that applied before November 7th, but did not have our applications go complete until afterwards (in my case, it was waiting for the December LSAT score release), should we expect our decisions to come in that batch, or in a later batch of releases?
Steph

Steph -

Most likely you're file was in the batch that I assigned to read this week (which means a decision will probably be released by Jan 26) since I really tried to make sure that anyone who applied Nov 7 or earlier was included. Please do feel free to email me if you want me to check your file specifically.

Jay Shively
Wake Law

Bashy

Postby Bashy » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:09 pm

WakeLawAdmDean wrote:
stephinmd wrote:Dean Shively,
For those of us that applied before November 7th, but did not have our applications go complete until afterwards (in my case, it was waiting for the December LSAT score release), should we expect our decisions to come in that batch, or in a later batch of releases?
Steph

Steph -

Most likely you're file was in the batch that I assigned to read this week (which means a decision will probably be released by Jan 26) since I really tried to make sure that anyone who applied Nov 7 or earlier was included. Please do feel free to email me if you want me to check your file specifically.

Jay Shively
Wake Law

Dean Shively for President.

woodscommaL

Postby woodscommaL » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:37 pm

Does anyone know when the Wake ASW is yet?

wvu

Postby wvu » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:22 am

woodscommaL wrote:Does anyone know when the Wake ASW is yet?

Scholars Days: 3/2 or 3/9
ASDs: 3/23, 3/30, 4/13

BTWalk

Postby BTWalk » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:40 pm

Went UR today!! Very exciting, hoping this thursday or next will be my decision in the batch. (That sounded strangely like Yoda). First movement since 11/4.

HellOnHeels

Postby HellOnHeels » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:43 pm

BTWalk wrote:Went UR today!! Very exciting, hoping this thursday or next will be my decision in the batch. (That sounded strangely like Yoda). First movement since 11/4.

Also under review today :)

barbizon

Postby barbizon » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:22 pm

I think those of us under review since 11/22 will be receiving a decision tomorrow or next week, as we'll be nearing the 8 week mark.

Bashy

Postby Bashy » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:27 pm

barbizon wrote:I think those of us under review since 11/22 will be receiving a decision tomorrow or next week, as we'll be nearing the 8 week mark.

UR since 12/16, but I would love to get a decision tomorrow.

Fingers crossed!

YankeeFan2

Postby YankeeFan2 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:21 pm

YankeeFan2 wrote:
Bmarce wrote:
hadisious wrote:
WakeLawAdmDean wrote:Greetings TLSers!

Everything that is going out today has gone out via email. Honestly there were only a handful of admits in this batch. As always, if you have questions about your specific situation, please feel free to contact me. Otherwise we're planning to release the next batch of decisions next Thursday morning.

Jay Shively
(336) 758-5705 office
jayshively@gmail.com

Thanks for the prompt update! Much appreciated.

+1

+2

Still waiting from 11/14 -- guess I will have to wait another week.

I hope a decision comes this week! I would LOVE to go to WF!

iceicebaby

Postby iceicebaby » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:27 pm

Bashy wrote:
WakeLawAdmDean wrote:
stephinmd wrote:Dean Shively,
Steph

Steph -

Jay Shively
Wake Law

Dean Shively for President.

+1, especially if the Dean lets me in to his wonderful law school that I love (shameless brown-nosing, I know)!!!

TheZoid

Postby TheZoid » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:08 pm

Has any other law school Dean come on this forum to give an update like that? Pretty awesome. Hoping to hear a decision tomorrow. Living in the land of splitter uncertainty (168, 2.65) Good luck everyone, and congrats to those who have been admitted.

wvu

Postby wvu » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:17 pm

TheZoid wrote:Has any other law school Dean come on this forum to give an update like that? Pretty awesome. Hoping to hear a decision tomorrow. Living in the land of splitter uncertainty (168, 2.65) Good luck everyone, and congrats to those who have been admitted.

He and Dean Twitty from W&L are currently battling it out for Coolest Admissions Dean on TLS (admittedly, already named the Brett Twitty Award for Excellence).

smhaaty

Postby smhaaty » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:40 pm

wvuchip wrote:
TheZoid wrote:Has any other law school Dean come on this forum to give an update like that? Pretty awesome. Hoping to hear a decision tomorrow. Living in the land of splitter uncertainty (168, 2.65) Good luck everyone, and congrats to those who have been admitted.

He and Dean Twitty from W&L are currently battling it out for Coolest Admissions Dean on TLS (admittedly, already named the Brett Twitty Award for Excellence).

Richmond has been super nice too. There must be something in the Virginia/NC air.

milljp02

Postby milljp02 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:04 pm

smhaaty wrote:
wvuchip wrote:

Richmond has been super nice too. There must be something in the Virginia/NC air.

+1

Bmarce

Postby Bmarce » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:17 pm

I think tomorrow is a big day for a lot of us who are still waiting. Good luck everyone.

anjmissy

Postby anjmissy » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:50 am

Bmarce wrote:I think tomorrow is a big day for a lot of us who are still waiting. Good luck everyone.

yeah it is..ive been in review since 11/21..so i hope im included in the batch of decisions that are going out today

Bashy

Postby Bashy » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:56 am

Good luck today, guys.

hadisious

Postby hadisious » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:10 am

Bashy wrote:Good luck today, guys.

Aye. Good luck TLS.

Gail

Postby Gail » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:19 am

please, god

shroeder

Postby shroeder » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:33 am

Does anyone know about what time of day they send out the email? Just curious. Thanks.

Bashy

Postby Bashy » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:35 am

shroeder wrote:Does anyone know about what time of day they send out the email? Just curious. Thanks.

Last Thursday, Dean Shively posted around 2:00pm to say that everything that was going out was out. I imagine that he'll post again today to let us know when they're done sending decisions, but I expect it'll be done by early afternoon.

TheZoid

Postby TheZoid » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:29 am

Good luck today everyone.

neeko

Postby neeko » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:31 am

Good luck everyone!

YankeeFan2

Postby YankeeFan2 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:05 am

It's finally Thursday! :)