Wake Forest 2012

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
hadisious

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby hadisious » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:54 pm

TopSider11 wrote:In with 21k/year, this is going to make it a tough decision! Also I love the no stipulations factor on their offers!

Via email just now? Congrats!

When do you go complete?

Bmarce

Postby Bmarce » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:54 pm

TopSider11 wrote:In with 21k/year, this is going to make it a tough decision! Also I love the no stipulations factor on their offers!

Congrats! Were you accepted today?

TopSider11

Postby TopSider11 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:00 pm

Just got the email 30 minutes ago, went complete 12/7

and thanks for the congrats, hopefully wake shows everyone love on TLS today!

Bmarce

Postby Bmarce » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:58 pm

According to Lawschoolnumbers they also sent out some rejections today as well. I haven't received anything, I am still in Limbo.

ashley12

Postby ashley12 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:59 pm

Bmarce wrote:According to Lawschoolnumbers they also sent out some rejections today as well. I haven't received anything, I am still in Limbo.

Same situation, but I only went UR 12/16, so maybe it'll be another week for me.

hadisious

Postby hadisious » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:59 pm

Bmarce wrote:According to Lawschoolnumbers they also sent out some rejections today as well. I haven't received anything, I am still in Limbo.

+1 Limbo here as well.

WakeLawAdmDean

Postby WakeLawAdmDean » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:00 pm

Greetings TLSers!

Everything that is going out today has gone out via email. Honestly there were only a handful of admits in this batch. As always, if you have questions about your specific situation, please feel free to contact me. Otherwise we're planning to release the next batch of decisions next Thursday morning.

Jay Shively
Dean for Admissions and Financial Aid
Wake Forest University School of Law
(336) 758-5705 office
jayshively@gmail.com
http://www.law.wfu.edu

hadisious

Postby hadisious » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:01 pm

WakeLawAdmDean wrote:Greetings TLSers!

Everything that is going out today has gone out via email. Honestly there were only a handful of admits in this batch. As always, if you have questions about your specific situation, please feel free to contact me. Otherwise we're planning to release the next batch of decisions next Thursday morning.

Jay Shively
(336) 758-5705 office
jayshively@gmail.com

Thanks for the prompt update! Much appreciated.

Bmarce

Postby Bmarce » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:04 pm

hadisious wrote:

Jay Shively
(336) 758-5705 office
jayshively@gmail.com

+1

wvu

Postby wvu » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:05 pm

Dean Shively: great admissions dean, or greatest admissions dean?

Flappy Scribbleneck

Postby Flappy Scribbleneck » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:06 pm

In via email a couple of hours ago

YankeeFan2

Postby YankeeFan2 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:09 pm

Bmarce wrote:
hadisious wrote:

Jay Shively
(336) 758-5705 office
jayshively@gmail.com

+1

+2

Still waiting from 11/14 -- guess I will have to wait another week.

jeanster

Postby jeanster » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:13 pm

Was getting pretty antsy, but glad to know that I can stop checking my email. Thanks Dean!

ggibelli

Postby ggibelli » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:14 pm

Jay Shively
(336) 758-5705 office
jayshively@gmail.com

Thanks for the update!

Any chance you can comment on why the Status Checker has been "stuck" on "Application Complete, ready for review" for more than 6-8 weeks? I know a number of the members in here have this status and we were wondering if something was wrong or if some just take longer to get into review than others? Thanks again

apeopleshistory

Postby apeopleshistory » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:31 pm

Last edited by apeopleshistory on Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gail

Postby Gail » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:01 pm

Any estimates for when WL/rejection will go out?

southernsuperstar

Postby southernsuperstar » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:14 pm

Flappy Scribbleneck wrote:
Gail wrote:I know that South Carolina is super insulated, but is there any chance at SC from Wake Forest? I have family in South Carolina and have been there numerous times (I adore Charleston).

Looks like if you aren't a life long South Carolinian, it is going to be tough. See the USCjr admission thread, there is a good conversation about this.

Agreed. I'm a life-long South Carolinian and currently work in Charleston at a law firm. Unless you go to UVA/Georgetown/Vandy and have connections OR go to USCjr, do well and have serious connections, it's going to be hard

Lindsey4468

Postby Lindsey4468 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:43 pm

Officially under review for 6 weeks now (12/1 UR date). Too soon to email even though They say that we should if we're concerned at this point? Or should I wait.....

ashley12

Postby ashley12 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:57 pm

Lindsey4468 wrote:Officially under review for 6 weeks now (12/1 UR date). Too soon to email even though They say that we should if we're concerned at this point? Or should I wait.....

I would wait until next Thursday's decisions are out and if no luck then, maybe give them a call. It's only just now been six weeks for your app and you have to factor in the holidays. Hopefully we will hear soon!

milljp02

Postby milljp02 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:31 pm

Bmarce wrote:
hadisious wrote:

Jay Shively
(336) 758-5705 office
jayshively@gmail.com

+1

+another
I would like to officially nominate Dean Shively for the S. Brett Twitty Award for Class in Law School Admissions. Do I have a second?

ashley12

Postby ashley12 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:37 pm

milljp02 wrote:
Bmarce wrote:
hadisious wrote:

Jay Shively
(336) 758-5705 office
jayshively@gmail.com

+1

+another
I would like to officially nominate Dean Shively for the S. Brett Twitty Award for Class in Law School Admissions. Do I have a second?

Definitely second that. Dean twitty is awesome

BTWalk

Postby BTWalk » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:49 am

Guess I'll wait until next thursday!! Going to be anxious while waiting. Been complete since 11/4; hopefully I hear something soon.

dolfan0516

Postby dolfan0516 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:47 pm

Under review for first time today. Hope I hear back somewhat quickly. The more and more I read about Wake the more I am seriously considering attending.

WakeLawAdmDean

Postby WakeLawAdmDean » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:24 pm

ggibelli wrote:

Jay Shively
(336) 758-5705 office
jayshively@gmail.com

Thanks for the update!

Any chance you can comment on why the Status Checker has been "stuck" on "Application Complete, ready for review" for more than 6-8 weeks? I know a number of the members in here have this status and we were wondering if something was wrong or if some just take longer to get into review than others? Thanks again

TLSers~
In recent years because application volumes and trends have been so unpredictable we've been forced to be very deliberate in our decision-making. Prior to the Winter break it's difficult because of application trends to know what the applicant pool is going to look like. Thus we end up pulling files from the top and bottom of the pool because these decisions are historically the easiest to make. If we thought you might fit into one of these categories early on, we probably placed you under review. As the pool took shape it may have turned out your application wasn't as far up or down the spectrum as we expected. I assure you the status checker isn't "stuck". There's just nothing between "Under Review" and a decision being rendered except lots of waiting. We are diligently moving through the files.

Now that we've reached January we'll pull files based on some combination of the date the application was received and the date it became complete. I also expect things to move at a much faster clip now that finals and the holidays are over and we're really in the midst of regular review. The group of decisions I expect to release next week (January 19) includes over 200 applications - admits, denies, and waitlist decisions.

The group I've assigned for reading this week definitely includes everyone who applied Nov 7 or earlier. It probably includes some later people but I can't promise that is the case for any given applicant without checking that person in particular. These decisions should go out a week from next Thursday, January 26.

If you are concerned about your specific situation, please feel free to email me as several of your fellow TLSers have already done. At a minimum I can check your status. Thanks for your patience with our process. We do realize how anxious many of you are and try to make the process as transparent and stress-free as possible. I'm happy to discuss the law school admission process generally or Wake Forest in particular at any time. My contact information is below.

Warm regards,
Jay Shively
(336) 758-5705 office
shivelrj@wfu.edu
jayshively@gmail.com

HellOnHeels

Postby HellOnHeels » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:43 pm

WakeLawAdmDean wrote:
ggibelli wrote:

Jay Shively
(336) 758-5705 office
jayshively@gmail.com

Thanks for the update!

TLSers~
In recent years because application volumes and trends have been so unpredictable we've been forced to be very deliberate in our decision-making. Prior to the Winter break it's difficult because of application trends to know what the applicant pool is going to look like. Thus we end up pulling files from the top and bottom of the pool because these decisions are historically the easiest to make. If we thought you might fit into one of these categories early on, we probably placed you under review. As the pool took shape it may have turned out your application wasn't as far up or down the spectrum as we expected. I assure you the status checker isn't "stuck". There's just nothing between "Under Review" and a decision being rendered except lots of waiting. We are diligently moving through the files.

Now that we've reached January we'll pull files based on some combination of the date the application was received and the date it became complete. I also expect things to move at a much faster clip now that finals and the holidays are over and we're really in the midst of regular review. The group of decisions I expect to release next week (January 19) includes over 200 applications - admits, denies, and waitlist decisions.

The group I've assigned for reading this week definitely includes everyone who applied Nov 7 or earlier. It probably includes some later people but I can't promise that is the case for any given applicant without checking that person in particular. These decisions should go out a week from next Thursday, January 26.

If you are concerned about your specific situation, please feel free to email me as several of your fellow TLSers have already done. At a minimum I can check your status. Thanks for your patience with our process. We do realize how anxious many of you are and try to make the process as transparent and stress-free as possible. I'm happy to discuss the law school admission process generally or Wake Forest in particular at any time. My contact information is below.

Warm regards,
Jay Shively
(336) 758-5705 office
shivelrj@wfu.edu
jayshively@gmail.com

Dean Shively,
For those of us that applied before November 7th, but did not have our applications go complete until afterwards (in my case, it was waiting for the December LSAT score release), should we expect our decisions to come in that batch, or in a later batch of releases?
Steph

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”