Wake Forest 2012

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
neeko
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby neeko » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:38 am

stephinmd wrote:
hadisious wrote:
Flappy Scribbleneck wrote:Good luck tomorrow my fellow TLSers

+1

Luck to all TLSers. May the rest be thrown out! :lol:

My status is at "app complete, ready for review". Does it change to "in review", or is my app status the last level before a decision is made?


Mine says "File is Under Review" with a date of 11/22.

LAFish
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:58 am

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby LAFish » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:44 am

I've been at "Application complete, ready for review" since 11/14... So anxious to be under review... If I could only swap other acceptances for Wake...

HellOnHeels
Posts: 548
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:19 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby HellOnHeels » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:00 am

neeko wrote:
stephinmd wrote:
hadisious wrote:
Flappy Scribbleneck wrote:Good luck tomorrow my fellow TLSers

+1

Luck to all TLSers. May the rest be thrown out! :lol:

My status is at "app complete, ready for review". Does it change to "in review", or is my app status the last level before a decision is made?


Mine says "File is Under Review" with a date of 11/22.

Sooo... I'm probably not hearing anything anytime soon. :(

Bmarce
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:22 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby Bmarce » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:38 am

hadisious wrote:
Flappy Scribbleneck wrote:Good luck tomorrow my fellow TLSers

+1

Luck to all TLSers. May the rest be thrown out! :lol:


Hopefully we both get good news tomorrow!

milljp02
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:39 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby milljp02 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:25 pm

LAFish wrote:I've been at "Application complete, ready for review" since 11/14... So anxious to be under review... If I could only swap other acceptances for Wake...


A) I think this might warrant a call or an e-mail to the admissions office - you should definitely be "under review" by now, it's easily been 6-8 weeks.

B) I would also swap other acceptances for Wake. WFU is high up on my list!

Good luck!

User avatar
ggibelli
Posts: 215
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:12 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby ggibelli » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:31 pm

milljp02 wrote:
LAFish wrote:I've been at "Application complete, ready for review" since 11/14... So anxious to be under review... If I could only swap other acceptances for Wake...


A) I think this might warrant a call or an e-mail to the admissions office - you should definitely be "under review" by now, it's easily been 6-8 weeks.

B) I would also swap other acceptances for Wake. WFU is high up on my list!

Good luck!


:shock: I'm stuck on the same thing (App complete, ready for review) since 11/4.

Should I contact admissions?

User avatar
hadisious
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:05 am

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby hadisious » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:46 pm

ggibelli wrote:
milljp02 wrote:
LAFish wrote:I've been at "Application complete, ready for review" since 11/14... So anxious to be under review... If I could only swap other acceptances for Wake...


A) I think this might warrant a call or an e-mail to the admissions office - you should definitely be "under review" by now, it's easily been 6-8 weeks.

B) I would also swap other acceptances for Wake. WFU is high up on my list!

Good luck!


:shock: I'm stuck on the same thing (App complete, ready for review) since 11/4.

Should I contact admissions?

Can't hurt. I've contacted many admission offices throughout my cycle (not Wake) for mundane reasons and received nothing but kind and helpful responses.

masked kavana
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby masked kavana » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:56 pm

ggibelli wrote:
milljp02 wrote:
LAFish wrote:I've been at "Application complete, ready for review" since 11/14... So anxious to be under review... If I could only swap other acceptances for Wake...


A) I think this might warrant a call or an e-mail to the admissions office - you should definitely be "under review" by now, it's easily been 6-8 weeks.

B) I would also swap other acceptances for Wake. WFU is high up on my list!

Good luck!


:shock: I'm stuck on the same thing (App complete, ready for review) since 11/4.

Should I contact admissions?


definitely worth it! I just called because I'm in the same situation and the lady that answered was extremely nice and said she would check on it.

User avatar
YankeeFan2
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:53 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby YankeeFan2 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:31 pm

My status still says "Application complete, ready for review" with the date of 11/14. But under the fees section it changed today to add lines for "Admissions Deposit" and "Tuition Deposit". Does that mean an acceptance? Anyone been accepted that had a similar situation?

milljp02
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:39 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby milljp02 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:32 pm

I think the general rule is if your app hasn't budged for 6-8 weeks, you should definitely get in touch with somebody in admissions. The WFU status-checker says, "If your file has been under review for more than 6-8 weeks and you are concerned about its progress, feel free to email us." I've seen similar statements from other admissions offices, not just at the "under review" stage, but after initially receiving your app, going complete, and other points along the way. If your app went under review yesterday, I'd hold off on filling up anyone's inbox :wink:

User avatar
hookem7
Posts: 162
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby hookem7 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:54 pm

I'd wait until after tomorrow to contact them, because according to the Dean (a page or so back ITT) they will be making some decisions tomorrow, the 12th, so you might get your news soon. If you don't hear anything tomorrow, then go ahead and give them a call. I can't see how expressing your interest in hearing back from a school would put you at any disadvantage.

BTWalk
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:58 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby BTWalk » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:48 pm

YankeeFan2 wrote:My status still says "Application complete, ready for review" with the date of 11/14. But under the fees section it changed today to add lines for "Admissions Deposit" and "Tuition Deposit". Does that mean an acceptance? Anyone been accepted that had a similar situation?



Similar situation, except still at Application complete, queued for review since 11/4. No movement. After seeing the post about decisions on 1/12 I'll wait until Friday to send out any emails. But I did have the deposit lines added as well. Hopefully that shows some sort of movement.

User avatar
doceydoe
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:25 am

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby doceydoe » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:56 pm

UR since 11/21/11.

User avatar
YankeeFan2
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:53 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby YankeeFan2 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:59 pm

BTWalk wrote:
YankeeFan2 wrote:My status still says "Application complete, ready for review" with the date of 11/14. But under the fees section it changed today to add lines for "Admissions Deposit" and "Tuition Deposit". Does that mean an acceptance? Anyone been accepted that had a similar situation?



Similar situation, except still at Application complete, queued for review since 11/4. No movement. After seeing the post about decisions on 1/12 I'll wait until Friday to send out any emails. But I did have the deposit lines added as well. Hopefully that shows some sort of movement.

+1

HellOnHeels
Posts: 548
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:19 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby HellOnHeels » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:07 pm

BTWalk wrote:
YankeeFan2 wrote:My status still says "Application complete, ready for review" with the date of 11/14. But under the fees section it changed today to add lines for "Admissions Deposit" and "Tuition Deposit". Does that mean an acceptance? Anyone been accepted that had a similar situation?



Similar situation, except still at Application complete, queued for review since 11/4. No movement. After seeing the post about decisions on 1/12 I'll wait until Friday to send out any emails. But I did have the deposit lines added as well. Hopefully that shows some sort of movement.

I've got an admissions deposit line and a tuition deposit line. I have no idea how long they've been there for.

User avatar
Gail
Posts: 977
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:11 am

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby Gail » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:41 pm

I know that South Carolina is super insulated, but is there any chance at SC from Wake Forest? I have family in South Carolina and have been there numerous times (I adore Charleston).

cdelgado
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:01 am

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby cdelgado » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:04 am

YankeeFan2 wrote:My status still says "Application complete, ready for review" with the date of 11/14. But under the fees section it changed today to add lines for "Admissions Deposit" and "Tuition Deposit". Does that mean an acceptance? Anyone been accepted that had a similar situation?

The deposit information has been there since my app submission FWIW.

User avatar
Flappy Scribbleneck
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:53 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby Flappy Scribbleneck » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:56 am

Gail wrote:I know that South Carolina is super insulated, but is there any chance at SC from Wake Forest? I have family in South Carolina and have been there numerous times (I adore Charleston).

Looks like if you aren't a life long South Carolinian, it is going to be tough. See the USCjr admission thread, there is a good conversation about this.

User avatar
Bashy
Posts: 416
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:59 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby Bashy » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:33 am

Good luck today, everyone.

User avatar
hadisious
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:05 am

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby hadisious » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:55 am

Bashy wrote:Good luck today, everyone.

+1
Good luck TLS!

User avatar
ashley12
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:11 am

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby ashley12 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:55 am

hadisious wrote:
Bashy wrote:Good luck today, everyone.

+1
Good luck TLS!


Good luck everyone!

Bmarce
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:22 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby Bmarce » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:36 am

Good Luck, TLS Fam!

User avatar
YankeeFan2
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:53 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby YankeeFan2 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 am

Bmarce wrote:Good Luck, TLS Fam!


+1

apeopleshistory
Posts: 220
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:14 am

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby apeopleshistory » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 am

.
Last edited by apeopleshistory on Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TopSider11
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:40 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby TopSider11 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:53 pm

In with 21k/year, this is going to make it a tough decision! Also I love the no stipulations factor on their offers!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Assasindowntheavenue, AZnative, Baby Gaga, guybourdin, highfashionlover, JD2020, NotAGolfer, potterotter and 30 guests