Wake Forest 2012

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
seahawk32

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby seahawk32 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:54 pm

In via e-mail.

wvu

Postby wvu » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:05 pm

In via email w/30k. So many tough decisions to be made already and I'm only 2 schools in to my cycle. :(

hurricane12345

Postby hurricane12345 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:40 pm

In via email, $30k/year! :D

hadisious

Postby hadisious » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:56 pm

Nothing here yet, :( Maybe some more will go out later today/tomorrow?

MormonChristian

Postby MormonChristian » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:59 pm

hadisious wrote:Nothing here yet, :( Maybe some more will go out later today/tomorrow?

I think you have three more hours :|

Bmarce

Postby Bmarce » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:16 pm

hadisious wrote:Nothing here yet, :( Maybe some more will go out later today/tomorrow?

Me neither. After looking at your LSN profile, I have renewed hope though. We are not dissimilar, although I am a urm.

naw

Postby naw » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:24 pm

Acceptance! 15k/year! Stoked!

Bmarce

Postby Bmarce » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:28 pm

naw wrote:Acceptance! 15k/year! Stoked!

Just now or earlier today?

Congrats Btw.

hadisious

Postby hadisious » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:47 pm

Congrats to all those who were accepted toady. I'm wondering if there are more to come tomorrow. I had high hopes for today, I've been under review since 11/22. The wait continues... hope you and I get in, Bmarce!

JK910

Postby JK910 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:21 pm

hadisious wrote:Congrats to all those who were accepted toady. I'm wondering if there are more to come tomorrow. I had high hopes for today, I've been under review since 11/22. The wait continues... hope you and I get in, Bmarce!

Same here... Wake is one of my top schools and the wait is killing me. My cousin went to Wake and loved it (and did real good with job placement afterwards).

neeko

Postby neeko » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:45 pm

hadisious wrote:Congrats to all those who were accepted toady. I'm wondering if there are more to come tomorrow. I had high hopes for today, I've been under review since 11/22. The wait continues... hope you and I get in, Bmarce!

I've been under review since then as well. You are not alone!

Bmarce

Postby Bmarce » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:51 pm

neeko wrote:

Here's hoping the Dean will be nice enough to give us another update..

alevin

Postby alevin » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:48 pm

in earlier today. woo! 12k.

ThreeRivers

Postby ThreeRivers » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:48 pm

Bmarce wrote:
neeko wrote:

He already did... a batch of acceptances today, and then every Thursday starting Jan. 12\

Flappy Scribbleneck

Postby Flappy Scribbleneck » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:03 pm

ThreeRivers wrote:
Bmarce wrote:
neeko wrote:

He already did... a batch of acceptances today, and then every Thursday starting Jan. 12\

Yeah, I think the keyword in Bmarce's post is "another". I was thinking the same thing as Bmarce. Hoping not all 140 notifications went out today. Maybe more tomorrow, if not Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

skolks

Postby skolks » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:11 pm

In today via email with 21k per year!

WakeLawAdmDean

Postby WakeLawAdmDean » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:55 am

All of the decisions we'll be sending out before the holiday break went out this morning via email and the applicant status checker. Tomorrow we'll be getting paper letters together and hopefully mailed. We'll be in the office at least until noon. If you have specific concerns, feel free to call me, although I suspect for many(all) of our applicants without decisions I'll just have to let you know that we just haven't gotten completely through with your file yet.

I do apologize to those of you who've been waiting a while. It take some coordination to make sure the correspondence is right, etc. Also frankly some decisions are more staightforward than others and thus take less time. Now that we've gotten this first couple of batches out I expect things to move at a faster pace beginning in January. Again I expect decisions to go out every Thursday morning beginning January 12. I wouldn't expect anything before then, but do call us if you're really stressed.

Happy holidays!
Jay Shively
Dean for Admissions and Financial Aid
Wake Forest University School of Law
336.758.5705 office
shivelrj@WFU.edu
http://www.law.WFU.edu

Bmarce

Postby Bmarce » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:08 am

WakeLawAdmDean wrote:All of the decisions we'll be sending out before the holiday break went out this morning via email and the applicant status checker. Tomorrow we'll be getting paper letters together and hopefully mailed. We'll be in the office at least until noon. If you have specific concerns, feel free to call me, although I suspect for many(all) of our applicants without decisions I'll just have to let you know that we just haven't gotten completely through with your file yet.

I do apologize to those of you who've been waiting a while. It take some coordination to make sure the correspondence is right, etc. Also frankly some decisions are more staightforward than others and thus take less time. Now that we've gotten this first couple of batches out I expect things to move at a faster pace beginning in January. Again I expect decisions to go out every Thursday morning beginning January 12. I wouldn't expect anything before then, but do call us if you're really stressed.

Happy holidays!
Jay Shively
Dean for Admissions and Financial Aid
Wake Forest University School of Law
336.758.5705 office
shivelrj@WFU.edu
http://www.law.WFU.edu

The update is much appreciated.

Bashy

Postby Bashy » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:13 am

Thanks a ton, Dean Shively (and so late at night!).

Gail

Postby Gail » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:54 am

All of the decisions we'll be sending out before the holiday break went out this morning via email and the applicant status checker.
I do apologize to those of you who've been waiting a while. It take some coordination to make sure the correspondence is right, etc. Also frankly some decisions are more staightforward than others and thus take less time.

Sigh... :( My hopes are really dying. Really dying hard. I know exactly why I'm not getting accepted anywhere and it hasn't to do with the numbers. Stupid mistakes as a kid. Stupid. Stupid.

I'm going to wait for a few more rejections. If I receive a few more WLs or rejections, I'm pulling out of this cycle and maybe out of law school altogether. This doesn't seem to be for me. I'm just not good enough. I've become very depressed about where my life is now.

happy holidays, everyone.

hadisious

Postby hadisious » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:41 am

Gail wrote:
All of the decisions we'll be sending out before the holiday break went out this morning via email and the applicant status checker.
I do apologize to those of you who've been waiting a while. It take some coordination to make sure the correspondence is right, etc. Also frankly some decisions are more staightforward than others and thus take less time.

Sigh... :( My hopes are really dying. Really dying hard. I know exactly why I'm not getting accepted anywhere and it hasn't to do with the numbers. Stupid mistakes as a kid. Stupid. Stupid.

I'm going to wait for a few more rejections. If I receive a few more WLs or rejections, I'm pulling out of this cycle and maybe out of law school altogether. This doesn't seem to be for me. I'm just not good enough. I've become very depressed about where my life is now.

Don't let it beat you down, friend! It's still ridiculously early in the cycle and I'm sure you still have some positive news yet to come your way. Besides, at the very least you put the effort into applying. The same cannot be said for most, especially those who started off making mistakes as a kid.

Don't be so hard on yourself :) Happy holidays to you, too.

papillon8

Postby papillon8 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:53 am

hadisious wrote:
Gail wrote:

Don't let it beat you down, friend! It's still ridiculously early in the cycle and I'm sure you still have some positive news yet to come your way. Besides, at the very least you put the effort into applying. The same cannot be said for most, especially those who started off making mistakes as a kid.

Don't be so hard on yourself :) Happy holidays to you, too.

Exactly! Enjoy the holidays! :)

Merry Christmas / Frohe Weihnachten everyone! :D

Flappy Scribbleneck

Postby Flappy Scribbleneck » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:24 am

Thank you, Dean Shively, for the update. The refresh button on my gmail app also thanks you.

btw384

Postby btw384 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:26 am

Gail wrote:

Keep your hopes up, Gail! Good news will come to you soon. We are still really early in the cycle, and there are months of app reviews still to come. Keep your chin up, and I am certain you will end up in a good place this spring. :)

Gail

Postby Gail » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:41 pm

thanks, all. I'm just coming to the realization that I'm not done with that damn LSAT yet. got my hopes up when i saw my score. thought it was good. it's not good enough.

filling out job applications with my crappy resume. i don't know how i'm going to eat.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”