Wake Forest 2012

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
aaramil
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:38 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby aaramil » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:13 pm

For all those accepted, what date was your previous status? I am under review as of 11/22.

mijenks
Posts: 191
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:36 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby mijenks » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:15 pm

aaramil wrote:For all those accepted, what date was your previous status? I am under review as of 11/22.

I was under review since 10/18.

User avatar
Cornelius
Posts: 505
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 3:16 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby Cornelius » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:15 pm

aaramil wrote:For all those accepted, what date was your previous status? I am under review as of 11/22.

Under review 11/21, I think.

cph4life
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:23 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby cph4life » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:16 pm

aaramil wrote:For all those accepted, what date was your previous status? I am under review as of 11/22.


In review since 10/18. Almost 2 months of waiting but SO WORTH IT

User avatar
PrincetonLaw
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:15 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby PrincetonLaw » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:20 pm

aaramil wrote:For all those accepted, what date was your previous status? I am under review as of 11/22.


and what were your numbers?

JPudding
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:48 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby JPudding » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:21 pm

In! 25k/yr. Congrats everyone, and good luck to those waiting!

User avatar
beezy08
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby beezy08 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:22 pm

In with $23k/year!

User avatar
JuneLSATFail
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:27 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby JuneLSATFail » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:22 pm

accepted with 60k! yes!

unitedfrutopia
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:30 am

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby unitedfrutopia » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:25 pm

anyone know what "good academic standing" means at Wake?

SteelyDan
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:43 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby SteelyDan » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:26 pm

unitedfrutopia wrote:anyone know what "good academic standing" means at Wake?

For what, scholly stip?

unitedfrutopia
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:30 am

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby unitedfrutopia » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:28 pm

yes.

SteelyDan
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:43 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby SteelyDan » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:29 pm

Depends. Normally it's top 2/3. Last year they gave out too much $$ and dropped our stips altogether once class started. They probably won't make the same mistake twice though, so plan on top 2/3.

User avatar
wolf
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:09 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby wolf » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:29 pm

In today! 15k a year. Stip - remain in good academic standing.

aaramil
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:38 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby aaramil » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:33 pm

Are acceptances coming via status checker, email, or phone call?

User avatar
Cornelius
Posts: 505
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 3:16 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby Cornelius » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:38 pm

SteelyDan wrote:Depends. Normally it's top 2/3. Last year they gave out too much $$ and dropped our stips altogether once class started. They probably won't make the same mistake twice though, so plan on top 2/3.

Huh? Why would they drop the stips if they gave out too much. Seems they'd want to keep them so some money would come back to the school (i.e. people lose schollys).

mijenks
Posts: 191
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:36 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby mijenks » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:41 pm

aaramil wrote:Are acceptances coming via status checker, email, or phone call?

Noticed the email first but status checker is also updated to "Decision Rendered" but it says nothing about acceptance on it.

SteelyDan
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:43 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby SteelyDan » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:42 pm

Cornelius wrote:
SteelyDan wrote:Depends. Normally it's top 2/3. Last year they gave out too much $$ and dropped our stips altogether once class started. They probably won't make the same mistake twice though, so plan on top 2/3.

Huh? Why would they drop the stips if they gave out too much. Seems they'd want to keep them so some money would come back to the school (i.e. people lose schollys).

Yeah, you'll find when you visit that they're not assholes here like they are in many other schools. They said it'd be unfair to leave on a top-2/3 stip when over half the class got money (essentially, all the sections were stacked).

User avatar
Cornelius
Posts: 505
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 3:16 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby Cornelius » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:48 pm

SteelyDan wrote:
Cornelius wrote:
SteelyDan wrote:Depends. Normally it's top 2/3. Last year they gave out too much $$ and dropped our stips altogether once class started. They probably won't make the same mistake twice though, so plan on top 2/3.

Huh? Why would they drop the stips if they gave out too much. Seems they'd want to keep them so some money would come back to the school (i.e. people lose schollys).

Yeah, you'll find when you visit that they're not assholes here like they are in many other schools. They said it'd be unfair to leave on a top-2/3 stip when over half the class got money (essentially, all the sections were stacked).

That makes sense, and does sound awfully nice of them. Still, it's not like top 2/3 is really asking a lot. I've heard of much worse.

unitedfrutopia
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:30 am

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby unitedfrutopia » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:54 pm

2/3 sounds reasonable.

SteelyDan
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:43 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby SteelyDan » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:58 pm

unitedfrutopia wrote:2/3 sounds reasonable.

I don't think we would have had a problem with it (esp. the TLSers). 2/3 is pretty good compared to the jerks that require top 10% and put all the scholly winners in the same section.

User avatar
auburnbelle89
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:39 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby auburnbelle89 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:19 pm

In with $20K a year. Wake is my #1 so I am super pumped about this.

User avatar
initech
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:10 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby initech » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:30 pm

.
Last edited by initech on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Incubateus
Posts: 185
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:23 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby Incubateus » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:57 pm

app sent today

jabberwock12
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:55 am

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby jabberwock12 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:30 pm

In today with 25K been under review since 9/29! Good Luck to everyone waiting! :)

User avatar
mattviphky
Posts: 1117
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby mattviphky » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:23 pm

I applied nov 21, still under review. AH WHY DIDN'T I APPLY EARLIER!!! I would love to have gotten a decision today




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], jtg1017, potterotter, premalone, taxman14, whodareswins and 16 guests