Wake Forest 2012

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tuco
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:07 pm

Wake Forest 2012

Postby tuco » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:15 pm

Whos appying with me?

Splitter here sent my app in early october.

Anybody know how long Wake historically takes to start responding?

Good luck everyone!

JK910
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:32 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby JK910 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:50 pm

tuco wrote:Whos appying with me?

Splitter here sent my app in early october.

Anybody know how long Wake historically takes to start responding?

Good luck everyone!


I'm a splitter as well and sent my application in about the same time.... I don't think WF will be as fast as some of the bigger schools.

tuco
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:07 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby tuco » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:37 pm

JK910 wrote:
tuco wrote:Whos appying with me?

Splitter here sent my app in early october.

Anybody know how long Wake historically takes to start responding?

Good luck everyone!


I'm a splitter as well and sent my application in about the same time.... I don't think WF will be as fast as some of the bigger schools.


They seem pretty splitter friendly at Wake, heres to hoping for some $$$. Wake is my top realisticish school. Would prefer Vandy or Texas but those are big reaches for me.

User avatar
JDndMSW
Posts: 602
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:32 am

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby JDndMSW » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:27 pm

Checking in!

cph4life
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:23 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby cph4life » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:46 pm

Went complete this morning :)

User avatar
icecold3000
Posts: 213
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:50 am

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby icecold3000 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:38 am

Thinking about applying.

User avatar
ashley12
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:11 am

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby ashley12 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:22 am

I'll be in on Friday hopefully, which is the date I am unrealistically expecting us to receive our October scores on! Wishful thinking rocks, huh?

User avatar
JDndMSW
Posts: 602
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:32 am

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby JDndMSW » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:03 pm

ashley12 wrote:I'll be in on Friday hopefully, which is the date I am unrealistically expecting us to receive our October scores on! Wishful thinking rocks, huh?

+1 except I still need to write my PS!

cph4life
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:23 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby cph4life » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:08 am

WOAH! It says my file is under review as of 10/18. That seems WAY too quick. Anyone else get this?

JK910
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:32 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby JK910 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:05 am

cph4life wrote:WOAH! It says my file is under review as of 10/18. That seems WAY too quick. Anyone else get this?


I'm still "ready for review"..... when did you submit your app?

tuco
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:07 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby tuco » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:37 am

mine says that too as of today the 19th. Submitted my ap very early oct. What does that mean, they are reviewing it now or is this a glitch?

cph4life
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:23 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby cph4life » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:56 am

JK910 wrote:
cph4life wrote:WOAH! It says my file is under review as of 10/18. That seems WAY too quick. Anyone else get this?


I'm still "ready for review"..... when did you submit your app?


I only submitted/went complete about a week ago. Do we know anything about when Wake historically starts making decisions?

tuco
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:07 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby tuco » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:11 pm

cph4life wrote:
JK910 wrote:
cph4life wrote:WOAH! It says my file is under review as of 10/18. That seems WAY too quick. Anyone else get this?


I'm still "ready for review"..... when did you submit your app?


I only submitted/went complete about a week ago. Do we know anything about when Wake historically starts making decisions?



Don't know, but curious on this myself!

User avatar
ggibelli
Posts: 215
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:12 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby ggibelli » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:33 pm

checking in! waiting for Oct LSAT score :P

cmartin5970
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:49 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby cmartin5970 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:32 pm

I just applied! Hoping to get an email from Wake soon so I can check my status

nucky thompson
Posts: 290
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby nucky thompson » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:02 pm

I attached my resume, but then it still said "not completed" -- I have tried to go back and attach, but the attachment stuff no longer appears. I thought about just adding the resume under a different attachment tab, but it will still say my app is 93 percent complete. I have logged out of lsac, refreshed etc. but it continues to say "not completed" while not allowing me to re-attach. Anyone else have this problem, or does anyone know how to fix it?

pifhib2
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby pifhib2 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:52 pm

cph4life wrote:Do we know anything about when Wake historically starts making decisions?


If I remember correctly they sent out the first wave of admittances mid-late December. The second wave came out around the second week of January. First wave of scholarships came out at the end of January. I stopped paying attention after that.

There's a lot of good information in the ADW Wake 2011 thread, I would recommend reading it.

If you have any other questions I'd be happy to try to help. I am just a 1L so my helpfulness will be limited.

tuco
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:07 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby tuco » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:54 pm

pifhib2 wrote:
cph4life wrote:Do we know anything about when Wake historically starts making decisions?


If I remember correctly they sent out the first wave of admittances mid-late December. The second wave came out around the second week of January. First wave of scholarships came out at the end of January. I stopped paying attention after that.

There's a lot of good information in the ADW Wake 2011 thread, I would recommend reading it.

If you have any other questions I'd be happy to try to help. I am just a 1L so my helpfulness will be limited.


Thanks for the input!

May I ask how your 1L year is going? How are your experiences living in Winston Salem, how are your classmates and professors, and most importantly, what sort of vibe are you getting about job prosepcts. Thanks for taking questions!

pifhib2
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby pifhib2 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:10 am

I'm enjoying the year so far. Some of the kids from big cities complain about Winston-Salem but it is perfect for me. There's a half dozen decent bars downtown, a ton of great restaurants, cultural events, sporting events (the W-S Dash + free tickets to WFU football and basketball games for LS students), shopping (if you're into that), doctors, and everything else that I could want from a city. Downtown is only about 15 minutes from campus, and most of the apartment complexes people live in are only 2-3 minutes from smaller restaurants and grocery stores. My classmates are friendly and it isn't near as cutthroat as people make LS out to be. People actually help each other out and hang out outside of class. My professors are, for the most part, awesome. They range from above average to incredible. There are a couple of professors in other sections that people don't care for but none of them are unbearably horrible. I don't really follow job prospects because all the talk is about firm jobs and I want to go the PI route. I have talked to a number of 2 and 3L's who have had to turn away work because they had too many offers. From my limited knowledge it seems that work is there, it just may not be exactly what you're looking for. Don't come in expecting to walk into a biglaw job in DC or NY and make 160k your first year out. That's highly unlikely. If you want to go to work for a decent firm in NC, the Southeast, or back where you're from, it shouldn't be that hard to make happen.

A bit of advice: don't obsess over the status checkers too much. A little while before scholarships came out the checker hiccuped and changes some of our statuses from "complete" to "under review" or "pending" or something. A shitstorm of speculation ensued on here, and we weren't ever able to figure out if it meant anything. After you submit your app just relax. Wake will be one of the first, if not the first, school that you'll hear back from. They're generous with their offers to competitive students. Their admissions staff is attentive and actually gives a shit. Just chill once your app is in and let the process happen.

tuco
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:07 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby tuco » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:01 am

pifhib2 wrote:I'm enjoying the year so far. Some of the kids from big cities complain about Winston-Salem but it is perfect for me. There's a half dozen decent bars downtown, a ton of great restaurants, cultural events, sporting events (the W-S Dash + free tickets to WFU football and basketball games for LS students), shopping (if you're into that), doctors, and everything else that I could want from a city. Downtown is only about 15 minutes from campus, and most of the apartment complexes people live in are only 2-3 minutes from smaller restaurants and grocery stores. My classmates are friendly and it isn't near as cutthroat as people make LS out to be. People actually help each other out and hang out outside of class. My professors are, for the most part, awesome. They range from above average to incredible. There are a couple of professors in other sections that people don't care for but none of them are unbearably horrible. I don't really follow job prospects because all the talk is about firm jobs and I want to go the PI route. I have talked to a number of 2 and 3L's who have had to turn away work because they had too many offers. From my limited knowledge it seems that work is there, it just may not be exactly what you're looking for. Don't come in expecting to walk into a biglaw job in DC or NY and make 160k your first year out. That's highly unlikely. If you want to go to work for a decent firm in NC, the Southeast, or back where you're from, it shouldn't be that hard to make happen.

A bit of advice: don't obsess over the status checkers too much. A little while before scholarships came out the checker hiccuped and changes some of our statuses from "complete" to "under review" or "pending" or something. A shitstorm of speculation ensued on here, and we weren't ever able to figure out if it meant anything. After you submit your app just relax. Wake will be one of the first, if not the first, school that you'll hear back from. They're generous with their offers to competitive students. Their admissions staff is attentive and actually gives a shit. Just chill once your app is in and let the process happen.


THanks again for your input. Wake is at the top of my list and I am very excited to hear back.

User avatar
neeko
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby neeko » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:33 pm

Hey everyone. Applied today!

User avatar
Cornelius
Posts: 505
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 3:16 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby Cornelius » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:37 pm

App sent in yesterday.

User avatar
irish1485
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:25 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby irish1485 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:36 pm

Just sent in App today.

tuco
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:07 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby tuco » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:34 pm

welcome to all the October test takers!

User avatar
Cornelius
Posts: 505
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 3:16 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2012

Postby Cornelius » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:43 am

Finally complete.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: carlos_danger, hwwong, Jgats, mudiverse, tangers91 and 16 guests