Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JustE » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:39 pm

Englander742 wrote:Emory is making decisions now!


Huh? What? How do you know!?!?

User avatar
Magnifique1908
Posts: 572
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:46 am

Re: Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Magnifique1908 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:54 pm

JustE wrote:
Englander742 wrote:Emory is making decisions now!


Huh? What? How do you know!?!?


+1. Answer expeditiously lol

Englander742
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:22 am

Re: Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Englander742 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:57 pm

I heard from someone at the law school. Unfortunately, I don't know when decisions will be officially released. But, they are being made now.

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JustE » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:00 pm

Englander742 wrote:I heard from someone at the law school. Unfortunately, I don't know when decisions will be officially released. But, they are being made now.


--ImageRemoved--

:lol: j/k... kinda...

Englander742
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:22 am

Re: Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Englander742 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:24 pm

I figured this update would be better than nothing.

User avatar
Magnifique1908
Posts: 572
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:46 am

Re: Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Magnifique1908 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:55 pm

Englander742 wrote:I figured this update would be better than nothing.


It was. Thanks!

User avatar
cutecarmel
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:39 pm

Re: Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cutecarmel » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:40 pm

I think they've already made the decisions and just enjoy watching us sweat LOL. :lol: I've applied to like 10 schools, and Emory is the ONLY one I haven't heard back from.

User avatar
moxy
Posts: 482
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby moxy » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:50 pm

I just got an app. fee waiver, and applied today. Checking in ..

Tyeger87
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Tyeger87 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:11 pm

Went complete last week- just waiting

User avatar
cutecarmel
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:39 pm

Re: Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cutecarmel » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:17 pm

Woooo! I'm in with 90k for 3 years.

User avatar
beezy08
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby beezy08 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:18 pm

cutecarmel wrote:Woooo! I'm in with 90k for 3 years.


Congrats! How did they notify you?

User avatar
cutecarmel
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:39 pm

Re: Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cutecarmel » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:20 pm

A Fedex letter in the mail. The Dean of admissions even wrote me a nice little note on the acceptance letter. Nice touch Emory!

beezy08 wrote:
cutecarmel wrote:Woooo! I'm in with 90k for 3 years.


Congrats! How did they notify you?

freaknroll
Posts: 304
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:53 pm

Re: Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby freaknroll » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:24 pm

When did you go complete and stats if you don't mind.

ccmbr006
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:34 am

Re: Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ccmbr006 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:36 pm

I'm in...no mention of a scholly. Nice handwritten note though.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:48 pm

ccmbr006 wrote:I'm in...no mention of a scholly. Nice handwritten note though.

So it is via snail mail?

ccmbr006
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:34 am

Re: Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ccmbr006 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:51 pm

msblaw89 wrote:
ccmbr006 wrote:I'm in...no mention of a scholly. Nice handwritten note though.

So it is via snail mail?


Yes. No warning either. Just opened the mail when I got home today. Dated January 6, FWIW.

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JustE » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:38 pm

JustE wrote:
Englander742 wrote:I heard from someone at the law school. Unfortunately, I don't know when decisions will be officially released. But, they are being made now.


--ImageRemoved--

:lol: j/k... kinda...


You, sir or madam, deserve an apology.

User avatar
cutecarmel
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:39 pm

Re: Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cutecarmel » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:02 pm

LOL. Yeah you get an apology from me too. I didn't post anything but I pretty much thought that you were BSing.

Has anyone heard about Woodruff? Or does anyone know ifwe could still be considered for Woodruff after receiving a scholarship. After searching through last year's Emory forum, I only say a bunch of jackasses complaining about grammar and Emory's small drop in rank :roll: Anyway, does anyone know anything?

JustE wrote:
JustE wrote:
Englander742 wrote:I heard from someone at the law school. Unfortunately, I don't know when decisions will be officially released. But, they are being made now.


--ImageRemoved--

:lol: j/k... kinda...


You, sir or madam, deserve an apology.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:05 pm

cutecarmel wrote:LOL. Yeah you get an apology from me too. I didn't post anything but I pretty much thought that you were BSing.

Has anyone heard about Woodruff? Or does anyone know ifwe could still be considered for Woodruff after receiving a scholarship. After searching through last year's Emory forum, I only say a bunch of jackasses complaining about grammar and Emory's small drop in rank :roll: Anyway, does anyone know anything?

JustE wrote:
JustE wrote:
Englander742 wrote:I heard from someone at the law school. Unfortunately, I don't know when decisions will be officially released. But, they are being made now.


--ImageRemoved--

:lol: j/k... kinda...


You, sir or madam, deserve an apology.


I was sent an e-mail about 2 weeks ago inviting me to apply for the Woodruff

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JustE » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:05 pm

Soooo..... cutie neighbor, when did you go complete?
Last edited by JustE on Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:06 pm

JustE wrote:Soooo..... cutie, when did you go complete?


Are you referring to me? Or the recent admit

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JustE » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:07 pm

msblaw89 wrote:
JustE wrote:Soooo..... cutie, when did you go complete?


Are you referring to me? Or the recent admit


lolololol. Her name has cute in it. But, both of you.

User avatar
cutecarmel
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:39 pm

Re: Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cutecarmel » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:14 pm

LOL! I'm like who are they talking about?!?

I went complete around mid September...I pretty much thought that they forgot about me. This is definately going to make my decision tougher

JustE wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:
JustE wrote:Soooo..... cutie, when did you go complete?


Are you referring to me? Or the recent admit


lolololol. Her name has cute in it. But, both of you.

User avatar
sdwhodat
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:47 pm

Re: Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sdwhodat » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:24 pm

Anyone else think the big envelope with one sheet of paper for the acceptance letter was a bit wasteful?

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JustE » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:26 pm

cutecarmel wrote:LOL! I'm like who are they talking about?!?

I went complete around mid September...I pretty much thought that they forgot about me. This is definately going to make my decision tougher

JustE wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:
JustE wrote:Soooo..... cutie, when did you go complete?


Are you referring to me? Or the recent admit


lolololol. Her name has cute in it. But, both of you.


Judging from your profile, it looks like you're in/want to work in ATL? Not feeling UGA/Vandy/Duke?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: canafsa, carlos_danger, KeYe88, lillawyer2, notsolawful, TudoBem and 15 guests