Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
cutecarmel
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:39 pm

Re: Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cutecarmel » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:59 pm

If they invited you to apply, they probably know that you answered "no".

gatorapplicant wrote:i just realized i answered "no" on the question about the woodruff, but then got an email invite in december and decided to apply for it. should i update them on this, or assume they'll figure that out on their own?



Congrats to all those with recent acceptances!

User avatar
candidate33
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby candidate33 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:55 pm

In today with a letter dated the 23rd!! 166/3.72. Nice handwritten note. I went complete on the 1st of January and submitted end of December so it didn't take them long.

User avatar
moxy
Posts: 482
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby moxy » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:57 pm

candidate33 wrote:In today with a letter dated the 23rd!! 166/3.72. Nice handwritten note. I went complete on the 1st of January and submitted end of December so it didn't take them long.


Congratulations! I went complete on 1/11. I was wondering if you received a 'decision rendered' update via email before your letter was mailed ??

User avatar
candidate33
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby candidate33 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:10 pm

No email, I just double checked. I received an email saying my application was complete and that is the last I heard from them before today.

User avatar
Ga0-3L
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:59 am

Re: Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Ga0-3L » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:40 pm

calypso4 wrote:I got my acceptance letter via FedEx today! Ohh and they pay for your visit... Dreams do come true! 156/4.0 URM


This actually warms my heart... I was beginning to think I was doomed. Congratulations.

User avatar
Ga0-3L
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:59 am

Re: Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Ga0-3L » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:43 pm

moxy wrote:
candidate33 wrote:In today with a letter dated the 23rd!! 166/3.72. Nice handwritten note. I went complete on the 1st of January and submitted end of December so it didn't take them long.


Congratulations! I went complete on 1/11. I was wondering if you received a 'decision rendered' update via email before your letter was mailed ??


You don't want to get an email - Emory emails waitlisted applicants. Everybody else gets a letter.

User avatar
vissidarte27
Posts: 434
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:43 pm

Re: Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby vissidarte27 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:53 pm

I'm growing concerned. I still haven't heard anything, and I've been complete for months. 166/3.2. Guess I'm waitlisted?

User avatar
prettyhorsederpychan
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:48 pm

Re: Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby prettyhorsederpychan » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:56 pm

vissidarte27 wrote:I'm growing concerned. I still haven't heard anything, and I've been complete for months. 166/3.2. Guess I'm waitlisted?


ahh DON'T SAY THAT NOW YOU PUT THOUGHTS IN MY HEAD. In srs though, I called Emory yesterday and the nice admission gentleman told me they are sending out decisions this week! sooo who knows?? I mean technically the original email did say the decisions will be out mid feb so I think we still have time! ... Or that's what I tell to myself before crying to sleep.

User avatar
wolf
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:09 pm

Re: Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby wolf » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:09 pm

In today via snail mail!

User avatar
Ga0-3L
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:59 am

Re: Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Ga0-3L » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:32 pm

wolf wrote:In today via snail mail!


!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!

hurricane12345
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:21 am

Re: Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hurricane12345 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:06 am

.
Last edited by hurricane12345 on Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kroakstool
Posts: 143
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby kroakstool » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:22 pm

Is there absolutely no way to find out your status? Do you just have to wait for the letter?

User avatar
moxy
Posts: 482
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby moxy » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:27 pm

kroakstool wrote:Is there absolutely no way to find out your status? Do you just have to wait for the letter?


You will get an email when your app. is received, and when it is complete. There is no status checker, and you will hear about your final decision via snail mail. I am waiting for a decision as well, and not having a status checker is kind of nice (in a weird way), and it keeps me away from obsessive checking!

User avatar
kroakstool
Posts: 143
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby kroakstool » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:38 pm

moxy wrote:
kroakstool wrote:Is there absolutely no way to find out your status? Do you just have to wait for the letter?


You will get an email when your app. is received, and when it is complete. There is no status checker, and you will hear about your final decision via snail mail. I am waiting for a decision as well, and not having a status checker is kind of nice (in a weird way), and it keeps me away from obsessive checking!


It just gives me one less to check. lol. I just want to know what kind of money I'm looking at. I need to start negotiating with schools and I only have a couple in so far.

User avatar
moxy
Posts: 482
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby moxy » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:42 pm

kroakstool wrote:
moxy wrote:
kroakstool wrote:Is there absolutely no way to find out your status? Do you just have to wait for the letter?


You will get an email when your app. is received, and when it is complete. There is no status checker, and you will hear about your final decision via snail mail. I am waiting for a decision as well, and not having a status checker is kind of nice (in a weird way), and it keeps me away from obsessive checking!


It just gives me one less to check. lol. I just want to know what kind of money I'm looking at. I need to start negotiating with schools and I only have a couple in so far.


I wish I was in your place. I have a yes from only one school. I should have applied earlier.

User avatar
kroakstool
Posts: 143
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby kroakstool » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:47 pm

moxy wrote:
kroakstool wrote:
moxy wrote:
kroakstool wrote:Is there absolutely no way to find out your status? Do you just have to wait for the letter?


You will get an email when your app. is received, and when it is complete. There is no status checker, and you will hear about your final decision via snail mail. I am waiting for a decision as well, and not having a status checker is kind of nice (in a weird way), and it keeps me away from obsessive checking!


It just gives me one less to check. lol. I just want to know what kind of money I'm looking at. I need to start negotiating with schools and I only have a couple in so far.


I wish I was in your place. I have a yes from only one school. I should have applied earlier.


My applications went complete on like the twelfth. One of my admits, Williamand Mary, I applied last week and heard back this week with $10k a year. I don't plan on attending there but it's good for negotiating because it's highly ranked. I'm in the Atlanta area so Emory would be nice if the price is right.

User avatar
moxy
Posts: 482
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby moxy » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:53 pm

kroakstool wrote: My applications went complete on like the twelfth. One of my admits, Williamand Mary, I applied last week and heard back this week with $10k a year. I don't plan on attending there but it's good for negotiating because it's highly ranked. I'm in the Atlanta area so Emory would be nice if the price is right.


We have very similar numbers, but different softs though. Good luck with your cycle!! I hope we hear from Emory in the near future!

User avatar
kroakstool
Posts: 143
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby kroakstool » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:55 pm

moxy wrote:
kroakstool wrote: My applications went complete on like the twelfth. One of my admits, Williamand Mary, I applied last week and heard back this week with $10k a year. I don't plan on attending there but it's good for negotiating because it's highly ranked. I'm in the Atlanta area so Emory would be nice if the price is right.


We have very similar numbers, but different softs though. Good luck with your cycle!! I hope we hear from Emory in the near future!


Hell. I wish I could get $25k a year from Notre Dame lol

User avatar
moxy
Posts: 482
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby moxy » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:59 pm

kroakstool wrote:
moxy wrote:
kroakstool wrote: My applications went complete on like the twelfth. One of my admits, Williamand Mary, I applied last week and heard back this week with $10k a year. I don't plan on attending there but it's good for negotiating because it's highly ranked. I'm in the Atlanta area so Emory would be nice if the price is right.


We have very similar numbers, but different softs though. Good luck with your cycle!! I hope we hear from Emory in the near future!


Hell. I wish I could get $25k a year from Notre Dame lol


Did you apply? You might aid from ND! I had a great experience with the application process with ND .. good people ...

User avatar
kroakstool
Posts: 143
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby kroakstool » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:01 pm

Did you apply? You might aid from ND! I had a great experience with the application process with ND .. good people ...[/quote]

Ya I applied, but like I said I didn't go complete till between the 12-16 on my apps. Wish I had heard back from more, but I feel lucky to have heard anything at all.

JackShepard
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:25 pm

Re: Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JackShepard » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:42 pm

The system Emory uses during the application proccess is terrible. And I thought USC was bad.

EmoryAdmissionDean
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:45 pm

Re: Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby EmoryAdmissionDean » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:29 am

Hi TLS readers – this is Ethan Rosenzweig, the Dean of Admission and Financial Aid at Emory Law. From time-to-time, I appreciate your allowing me to post information regarding this year’s admission cycle. As always, if you have any specific questions, please feel free to email us at admission(a)law.emory.edu for a personal response.

As we enter the decision-phase of the admission cycle, I thought it helpful to provide some general information and a brief update:

Application Acknowledgment: When you apply, we will send you via email an “application received” note. Then, when your file enters review (application, LSAC report, and 2 letters of recs are received), we will send you a “file complete” email. If you haven’t received these emails appropriately, please send us a note to admission(a)law.emory.edu, and we will be happy to assist.

Decisions: Our goal was to begin mailing decisions in mid-February (similar to last year). This year, we were able to accelerate the process, and we began sending a few decisions in mid-January. However, the majority of our decisions will be communicated in mid-February through mid-March. I unequivocally recognize the stress in waiting to receive a decision. You spent a considerable amount of effort applying to Emory Law, and we owe you a comprehensive evaluation of your application. Because of our commitment to considering all aspects of a candidate’s file beyond the LSAT and GPA, your file is reviewed numerous times, and I appreciate your patience.

Decision Notification: This year, we are testing various methods of communicating decisions (fedex, mail, and in some cases, email). Please do not read anything into how we communicate our decision to you. This is purely a way for us to refine our processes, and I appreciate hearing individual feedback from you via admission(a)law.emory.edu.

Status Checker: Each year, we evaluate our admission processes, and this summer, we will once again, look into the propriety of implementing this tool. As with everything, I appreciate your feedback to me via admission(a)law.emory.edu.

Questions: Send us an email. Our staff will answer your questions quickly and as comprehensively as possible. I promise that if you send us a direct email, we will definitely respond with timely and accurate information.

Finally, thank you for so many powerful applications this year. It makes my job so invigorating as we develop our newest community of Emory Lawyers. I look forward to seeing you in person on campus soon. (Just please don’t disturb my bobblehead collection….a prospective broke one last week!!)

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JustE » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:54 am

EmoryAdmissionDean wrote:Hi TLS readers – this is Ethan Rosenzweig, the Dean of Admission and Financial Aid at Emory Law. From time-to-time, I appreciate your allowing me to post information regarding this year’s admission cycle. As always, if you have any specific questions, please feel free to email us at admission(a)law.emory.edu for a personal response.

As we enter the decision-phase of the admission cycle, I thought it helpful to provide some general information and a brief update:

Application Acknowledgment: When you apply, we will send you via email an “application received” note. Then, when your file enters review (application, LSAC report, and 2 letters of recs are received), we will send you a “file complete” email. If you haven’t received these emails appropriately, please send us a note to admission(a)law.emory.edu, and we will be happy to assist.

Decisions: Our goal was to begin mailing decisions in mid-February (similar to last year). This year, we were able to accelerate the process, and we began sending a few decisions in mid-January. However, the majority of our decisions will be communicated in mid-February through mid-March. I unequivocally recognize the stress in waiting to receive a decision. You spent a considerable amount of effort applying to Emory Law, and we owe you a comprehensive evaluation of your application. Because of our commitment to considering all aspects of a candidate’s file beyond the LSAT and GPA, your file is reviewed numerous times, and I appreciate your patience.

Decision Notification: This year, we are testing various methods of communicating decisions (fedex, mail, and in some cases, email). Please do not read anything into how we communicate our decision to you. This is purely a way for us to refine our processes, and I appreciate hearing individual feedback from you via admission(a)law.emory.edu.

Status Checker: Each year, we evaluate our admission processes, and this summer, we will once again, look into the propriety of implementing this tool. As with everything, I appreciate your feedback to me via admission(a)law.emory.edu.

Questions: Send us an email. Our staff will answer your questions quickly and as comprehensively as possible. I promise that if you send us a direct email, we will definitely respond with timely and accurate information.

Finally, thank you for so many powerful applications this year. It makes my job so invigorating as we develop our newest community of Emory Lawyers. I look forward to seeing you in person on campus soon. (Just please don’t disturb my bobblehead collection….a prospective broke one last week!!)


Thank you!

User avatar
kroakstool
Posts: 143
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby kroakstool » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:12 am

Damn I wish I could be one of those early decisions, but I guess mid-february is ok. Let's hope we don't wait till March

User avatar
moxy
Posts: 482
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: Emory c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby moxy » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:44 am

EmoryAdmissionDean wrote:Hi TLS readers – this is Ethan Rosenzweig, the Dean of Admission and Financial Aid at Emory Law. From time-to-time, I appreciate your allowing me to post information regarding this year’s admission cycle. As always, if you have any specific questions, please feel free to email us at admission(a)law.emory.edu for a personal respone.


+1 Much appreciated.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ad34964n, Google Adsense [Bot], grades??, MSNbot Media, Nobiggie and 17 guests